**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Not every fight is meant to be solo’d when the collector and the infinity thanos came out, they stated that it was meant to take more than one champ. That is the design they wanted.
  • Options
    TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85

_ASDF_ said:

Miike mentioned a couple. Vision and Quake.

All this arguing and you fundamentally don’t have an understanding of the node combination and how it interacts with our champions. Neither will work on their own. They both require synergy. One you have to pay cash for so that’s an absurd option.

This is exactly why someone who isn’t even remotely close to 6.2 can’t have an educated conversation about the issue at hand... you don’t get it. Even if you wanted to, you couldn’t go look at the node/boss. Can you be done now?
    I'm sure there must be some other options.
    You don’t know that. That is simply your hypothesis, & it’s a hypothesis that has no ground or merit. It’s definitely a hypothesis that is not worth arguing over, because you have no proof of it being true. Until someone passes Sinister without items or Heimdall, your hypothesis that there are “other options” is simply... well... a hypothesis & nothing more.
    I find it extremely hard to believe that they made a Fight that is dependent solely on one Synergy. That's the basis of my argument. I don't think it's only doable with the Synergy. The rest is just asking me to prove it.
    They did. That is why there's a 500 page thread about it.
  • Options
    ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16
    edited June 2019
    Quake does it with or without heim.
  • Options
    Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

How long did that take you without heimdal synergy? Damage is reduced by 90% without an active fury buff so were you able to quake him throughout the fight dealing 10% damage?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Would love to see the last minute of this fight if you didn’t use the heimdal synergy. Kinda hard to believe you took down 356k health dealing 10% damage with quake.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Would love to see the last minute of this fight if you didn’t use the heimdal synergy. Kinda hard to believe you took down 356k health dealing 10% damage with quake.
    Is that damage capped? Or is it hit damage.. ponders I assumed all
    It’s capped.
  • Options
    ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16
    edited June 2019

How long did that take you without heimdal synergy? Damage is reduced by 90% without an active fury buff so were you able to quake him throughout the fight dealing 10% damage?

What you see is a rank 4 suicides quake at work. I ra both heim and no heim sinergy. With heimdal your eq deals around 6.8/7.4 k dmg x tic unboosted. It took around 7 cycles to down him.

Without heim fight takes x9 the cycles but being able to parry makes it doable.

using a r5 quake shouldnt be as bad.

EDIT: mistook this chap for the ones being changed
  • Options
    edited June 2019

What you see is a rank 4 suicides quake at work. I ra both heim and no heim sinergy. With heimdal your eq deals around 6.8/7.4 k dmg x tic unboosted. It took around 7 cycles to
    I don’t understand what you just said. Did you or did you not use the heimdall synergy? If you didn’t use heimdall then it doesn’t matter if you’re running suicides or boosted. The damage is reduced by 90%. So if you did use the synergy you can’t say quake can do it without him and if you didn’t I’d love to see a clip or just a screenshot of the damage you were dealing.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

What you see is a rank 4 suicides quake at work. I ra both heim and no heim sinergy. With heimdal your eq deals around 6.8/7.4 k dmg x tic unboosted. It took around 7 cycles to
    I don’t understand what you just said. Did you or did you not use the heimdall synergy? If you didn’t use heimdall then it doesn’t matter if you’re running suicides or boosted. The damage is reduced by 90%. So if you did use the synergy you can’t say quake can do it without him and if you didn’t I’d love to see a clip or just a screenshot of the damage you were dealing.
    He ran more then once I assume.

7 cycles ie revives ?
    You right.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

It completely supports my point that soloing is not always possible. Nor is it the main objective.

Lol what? What’s the fun in going into a fight you know you’ll lose? The reason this game is fun, is because you go into a fight thinking you have a shot at winning (albeit, sometimes an extremely slim chance at a win). Going into a fight knowing you are going to lose anyways kills the suspense & fun of the game. That’s why people hated (& most still do) the Collector fight. You had no shot at winning, were forced into using items.
    Not only does it kill the fun & suspense of the game, but what’s the cap on the amount of items you are forced to use? 5? 10? 15? 20? You tell me...
    There's a reason we have Items. Not every Fight is a guaranteed solo. That's fun to me. Of course, there's a limit to the amount you will have to use before it becomes unenjoyable. However, I don't operate on the pretense that every Boss Fight HAS to be done without using Items. What fun is in never falling?
    I never said every fight must be a solo, but every fight must have the potential to be. No matter what way you put it, there is no fun in a guaranteed death, that’s just common logic. At that point what’s the cap on the amount of items you are then forced to use huh? Eventually, & it becomes a cash grab... but when? Once it requires 5 revives? Or 10 revives? Or 15 revives? Once you use the “guaranteed death” logic, you go down a slippery slope of cash grabbing, & nobody wants that.
    If the only way you could get Revs is cash, I might see some merit in that. However, you can earn them in the game, and save them before a run through. You keep saying there's no fun in that, but people are going to K.O. now and then. That's part of the game. If not, then there's no real challenge. Games where you win 100% of the time get really boring after a while. The best ones I've ever played are ones where you fall, get back up, and finally get through something. In any event, the Fight has the potential to be soloed. Just not with any and all Champs. It's not a cash grab. It's a good challenge. That doesn't always have to come in Nodes. It can come in the form of needing specific counters. That's always been a part of the game. Now that Act 6 is here, that's more essential than ever.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

He ran more then once I assume.

7 cycles ie revives ?
    7 Charge Cycles most likely.
  • Options
    Is it 90% reduction with Concussion?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The post was misleading. I’m pretty sure everyone here understands that a few champs can get through without heimdall using revives. So when he said quake can do it without heimdal I assumed he was implying that he one sho

Drooped2 said:

It completely supports my point that soloing is not always possible. Nor is it the main objective.

Lol what? What’s the fun in going into a fight you know you’ll lose? The reason this game is fun, is because you go into a fight thinking you have a shot at winning (albeit, sometimes an extremely slim chance at a win). Going into a fight knowing you are going to lose anyways kills the suspense & fun of the game. That’s why people hated (& most still do) the Collector fight. You had no shot at winning, were forced into using items.
    Not only does it kill the fun & suspense of the game, but what’s the cap on the amount of items you are forced to use? 5? 10? 15? 20? You tell me...
    There's a reason we have Items. Not every Fight is a guaranteed solo. That's fun to me. Of course, there's a limit to the amount you will have to use before it becomes unenjoyable. However, I don't operate on the pretense that every Boss Fight HAS to be done without using Items. What fun is in never falling?
    I never said every fight must be a solo, but every fight must have the potential to be. No matter what way you put it, there is no fun in a guaranteed death, that’s just common logic. At that point what’s the cap on the amount of items you are then forced to use huh? Eventually, & it becomes a cash grab... but when? Once it requires 5 revives? Or 10 revives? Or 15 revives? Once you use the “guaranteed death” logic, you go down a slippery slope of cash grabbing, & nobody wants that.
    If the only way you could get Revs is cash, I might see some merit in that. However, you can earn them in the game, and save them before a run through. You keep saying there's no fun in that, but people are going to K.O. now and then. That's part of the game. If not, then there's no real challenge. Games where you win 100% of the time get really boring after a while. The best ones I've ever played are ones where you fall, get back up, and finally get through something. In any event, the Fight has the potential to be soloed. Just not with any and all Champs. It's not a cash grab. It's a good challenge. That doesn't always have to come in Nodes. It can come in the form of needing specific counters. That's always been a part of the game. Now that Act 6 is here, that's more essential than ever.
    It's not the use of them it's the guarentee you need them no fight should guarentee death.

No matter how good you play.
    Thanos didnt
    Collector didnt
    Lol didnt
    Variant didnt
    Variant 2 didnt.

Apparently not. Someone just posted a Fight with Quake that didn't need the Synergy.
    No they didn’t. He apparently used 7 revives without heimdal synergy which is still unrealistic given how long it would take dealing 90% less damage. No one posted a fight. He posted a screenshot of a KO.
  • Options

The post was misleading. I’m pretty sure everyone here understands that a few champs can get through without heimdall using revives. So when he said quake can do it without heimdal I assumed he was implying that he one sho

Drooped2 said:

It's not the use of them it's the guarentee you need them no fight should guarentee death.

Thanos didnt
    Collector didnt
    Lol didnt
    Variant didnt
    Variant 2 didnt.

Apparently not. Someone just posted a Fight with Quake that didn't need the Synergy.
    No they didn’t. He apparently used 7 revives without heimdal synergy which is still unrealistic given how long it would take dealing 90% less damage. No one posted a fight. He posted a screenshot of a KO.
    He said 7 Cycles. In any event, it took him down.
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Thanos didnt
    Collector didnt
    Lol didnt
    Variant didnt
    Variant 2 didnt.

He said 7 Cycles. In any event, it took him down.
    Quake can’t take him down in 7 charge cycles without heimdall synergy
This discussion has been closed.