**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Kabam 5* offer, what do you think....

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Just don’t buy this deal. It’s bad
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

No, you didn't answer my question. You implied a contradiction, but if that's what floats your conspiracy, then have at 'er.

Conspiracy,conspiracy,conspiracy. Learn a new word.....
    If they didn't float around so much, I wouldn't have to use it. Lol.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    It’s not deceptive but still overpriced and bad because of RNG.

Can kbm just make an hourly offer of a SPECIFIC champ and rank up gem bundle of the same price valuation, so players have a more empowered choice? Aint gonna happen either, right?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

No, you didn't answer my question. You implied a contradiction, but if that's what floats your conspiracy, then have at 'er.

Conspiracy,conspiracy,conspiracy. Learn a new word.....
    If they didn't float around so much, I wouldn't have to use it. Lol.

As much as you use it, some people might think you’re the conspiracy theorist lol
    Stop and take a look at how much people imply ulterior motives and deception on here. I'm not that far out in Left Field. Everything from the content to the Crystals, to the bugs. People think the game is designed to get them. Lol.
  • MaladarMaladar Posts: 22
    "Not all of our offers will be for everyone. However we do want people who don't know what to do with their money to pay $100 for the chance to pull an Iron Patriot, Kamala or Colossus especially now that we are finally upgrading those characters. And by "we" I mean "The Team", I just type here what they tell me too anyway. But yeah, thanks for the money I guess!

PS: The team looked at the numbers and it looks like Colossus new set abilities makes him one of the best champs for the new Aegis node in Alliance Wars."

:#
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

Way too overpriced.

As is every offer they put out.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    its funny how best champs are pictures there of each class. then u buy mutant and get Gambit !!! LOL
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    For me personally, this is a terrible offer:

1. RNG on the crystal devaluates it. If there was a limited pool with all the trash champs thrown out, that would be better. Like a 'Superior Class Crystal'.
    2. For this kind of money I'd expect the r1-2, R2-3 and R3-4 gems to be included. Or maybe an AG instead of the 3-4 gem if you don't want to u balance the game.
    3. For this kind of money I'd expect the gold and class ISO to be included.

In other words, for this price I'd expect to have an instant R4 non-trash champ who I can use immediately so as to give me an edge in content I am struggling with.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    100$ for single champion, with no guarantee they’ll even be useable? Lmao no.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    Last time I bought an offer like this I got Groot. I'll be passing on this one.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Just say no there are better things to spend 100 on
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    Save your $100 and put it towards a trip. Wasting it on pixels, ridic lol

But seriously, $100 for a CHANCE at getting the champ you want from that one class it's just ridiculous. Maybe for a 6* for those that take gaming seriously, would be a better offer. I personally still wouldn't do it. Conspiracy or not, it is not entirely impossible that Kabam doesn't do things to find a way to earn more money that would hurt the players. Advice, put that money to better use. You might get the champ you wanted in your next 5*.

For example, I was not impatient enough to spend 15K shards on a crystal to get a 5* Blade, back whenever it was offered. Last two weeks I opened 4 5* crystal's from exploring Act 5. Two of those crystals had Blade. Now I have a duped 5* Blade and I ultimately saved myself 5K-10K shards.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,458 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

1. RNG on the crystal devaluates it. If there was a limited pool with all the trash champs thrown out, that would be better. Like a 'Superior Class Crystal'.
    2. For this kind of money I'd expect the r1-2, R2-3 and R3-4 gems to be included. Or maybe an AG instead of the 3-4 gem if you don't want to u balance the game.

In other words, for this price I'd expect to have an instant R4 non-trash champ who I can use immediately so as to give me an edge in content I am struggling with.

#1 highlights the main issue for me. Anyone who has experienced pRNG in this game should have learned that things rarely happen for the best, despite the flurry of “great pull” pics that get sent around.

What is interesting is the willingness to entertain class specific 5* crystals. Now, if they just make them regularly available for, say, 12500 shards, then we have something to discuss...

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Marri_2 said:

#1 highlights the main issue for me. Anyone who has experienced pRNG in this game should have learned that things rarely happen for the best, despite the flurry of “great pull” pics that get sent around.

What is interesting is the willingness to entertain class specific 5* crystals. Now, if they just make them regularly available for, say, 12500 shards, then we have something to discuss...

Dr. Zola
    If they ever offered class specific crystals for shards I'd want to see them far more expensive than that personally. I'd want to see at least 20k. It makes it far to easy to target things for AG and rank up gems which I don't think is good for the game.

DrZola said:

Marri_2 said:

Dr. Zola
    If they ever offered class specific crystals for shards I'd want to see them far more expensive than that personally. I'd want to see at least 20k. It makes it far to easy to target things for AG and rank up gems which I don't think is good for the game.
    Oh I agree...but if you suggest 20K to start, then you can expect them to wind up around 30K.

Personally, I think the same price as a feature crystal is probably most realistic.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Marri_2 said:

Dr. Zola
    Oh I agree...but if you suggest 20K to start, then you can expect them to wind up around 30K.

Personally, I think the same price as a feature crystal is probably most realistic.

Dr. Zola
    I'd be fine with 30k honestly. I just don't like the idea of class crystals personally.
    They'd completely eliminate any value in basic crystals I think unless they were far more expensive than them.

They'd completely eliminate any value in basic crystals I think unless they were far more expensive than them.

That’s a reasonable concern.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    They can throw out as many as they like for units or cash but if they ever did them for shards (which I just don't want them to do at all), I'd want to see them even far more expensive than featured crystals otherwise it would reduce the value in current crystals far too much IMO.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Marri_2 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I'd be fine with 30k honestly. I just don't like the idea of class crystals personally.
    Considering how large the champion pool is and continues to grow at a significant pace, I don't think it's unreasonable to offer class specific crystals for 15000 shards. Due to the large pool, the basic crystal decreases in value each time more champions are added because your odds of getting any specifically desired champ decreases. If they allowed class specific crystals, yes, your odds of getting a desired champ would increase, but it's not as if you definitely get a good champ. It would be similar to the featured crystals only all champs would be from the same class...
    Spurgeo14 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Marri_2 said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Considering how large the champion pool is and continues to grow at a significant pace, I don't think it's unreasonable to offer class specific crystals for 15000 shards. Due to the large pool, the basic crystal decreases in value each time more champions are added because your odds of getting any specifically desired champ decreases. If they allowed class specific crystals, yes, your odds of getting a desired champ would increase, but it's not as if you definitely get a good champ. It would be similar to the featured crystals only all champs would be from the same class...
    I just don't think that matters honestly. Being able to target a specific class when you have AGs or rank up gems that are class specific is a huge advantage for someone. Even if you don't pull the specific champion you want, you have a MUCH higher chance at getting someone from that class that'd you'd be willing to use those those resources on. I think that advantage should come from either a significant increase in game resources or an additional cost of units/cash.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If they reduced the price in half or added an awakening gem of that class it just might be worth it.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★

****. 1-2 and 2-3 are cheap. Not even worth anything. If it was 3-4 and gold covered we would be taking

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    They can throw out as many as they like for units or cash but if they ever did them for shards (which I just don't want them to do at all), I'd want to see them even far more expensive than featured crystals otherwise it would reduce the value in current crystals far too much IMO.
    I don't think they would ever do them for shards. Or at least, not the same shards. As I mentioned a few times in the Act 6 threads, I think that this might make sense as a reward you cannot infinitely grind for. Originally I suggested introducing a different set of shards, like classful 5* shards. But I now think the easiest way to do this would be to make a 5* class token you can earn in non-repeatable fashion that you could use *with* 10k 5* shards to create a 5* class crystal. So just saying for example, you could make 6.3 completion and exploration each award a 5* class crystal token, and if you use this token plus 10k 5* shards you create a 5* class crystal.

Doing this would allow for players to earn these classful 5* crystal for a shot at a certain class, but it would also limit the maximum number they could earn because they would only exist as a reward in certain non-repeatable content. Whether you want players to be able to earn one or two or twenty, you just scatter that many into the higher tier content.