Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,544 ★★★★★

WingTSE said:

Why not just make champs that can counter balance those champs rather than constantly nerfing champs?

When you have a Champion that wildly outdamages other Champions, and we start making content to counter that specific Champion, this harshly punishes every other Champion in game, and every Summoner that does not have that Champion.
    Cull “wildly out damages” other champs? Like who and in what content? Show us the magic “data”. This should be good.
    Something that people often miss is that the type of content doesn't really bear hard on the data, aside from where they collect it. Meaning it's not just about End-Game content. While you may find the heaviest hitters there, performance data isn't just about who uses what God Tier in End-Game. Data is data.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Member Posts: 98

LOL .. did you guys miss the part where he said that Cull will remain one of the top damage dealer in the game?

Stop getting your panties in a twist, just wait to see what the changes are first.

Well they said that about doctor strange with the 12.0 nerfs
    There were changes to the entire system then, not just Champs. A number of effects followed that weren't expected, but necessary for the game. In this case, only the Champ is being altered, and they have 2 years of data to go on in terms of DR effects.
    Not really they nerfed his power gain and lifesteal didn’t really have to do with the stat changes in the game
  • Sampson54Sampson54 Member Posts: 2
    I don’t agree with this because this is not going to be the champion that was advertised at release and the one that people spent hundreds or even thousands on and then taken that champ to r4 or r5. I got very lucky and pulled a 5* Cull and spent over $100 to do so. Now I wish I hadn’t ever done so

LOL .. did you guys miss the part where he said that Cull will remain one of the top damage dealer in the game?

Stop getting your panties in a twist, just wait to see what the changes are first.

Well they said that about doctor strange with the 12.0 nerfs
    There were changes to the entire system then, not just Champs. A number of effects followed that weren't expected, but necessary for the game. In this case, only the Champ is being altered, and they have 2 years of data to go on in terms of DR effects.
    Not really they nerfed his power gain and lifesteal didn’t really have to do with the stat changes in the game
    Those changes were tied into what made him OP in the first place. He was cycle-dependent and certain Abilities affected others. Subsequently, when you add the new system, that affected other areas as well.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Member Posts: 509 ★★★
    HSenpai said:

While making changes pls buff Claire. Her debuffs are insanely weak and make her almost unusable against a lot of champs. Her only redeeming factor is a half decent regen that makes up for her low hp, low armour and low resistances. Pls make her a more viable champ for endgame content

She's not a DOT champ. She's got solid base damage, her SP3 actually hits very hard at 20 charges, she's got power control and massive regen, plus a fantastic nullify and a bunch of immunities. She's fine as she is. Damage isn't everything (which is why the Cull nerf is stupid. Utility is more important.)
  • StretchingNecks69StretchingNecks69 Member Posts: 3
    I am just gonna stop ranking up champs now....this is just unbelievable...cull needs to have high damage output to even make you want to play with him...if stun immune save your efforts...if playing end content then put 30 health pots in him to get 2-3 fights before he can even do any damage,but the damage has already been done to us that spent god only know how many units or hours of grinding and tons of units to get him...then all the generic stones that we paid out of the ass for with the 4th of July packages and the units for sig stones at the store when offered...it’s just a straight up kick in the teeth
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Member Posts: 227 ★★
    Joerood1 said:

the only thing Cull has going for him is damage output, and it’s a hassle to get him ramped up in the first place. You don’t seem to be in touch with balancing the game, you only seem to be approaching this from a money standpoint. You happily sold his crystals on several different occasions, most recently within the last few weeks, yet now all of the sudden he’s overpowered? It only makes sense from the standpoint that you are not milking every potential dollar from us, so now you’re changing it up. These are abilities that you created and developed before releasing, did you not test them? Having spent over 4 years playing this game, I can honestly say that it’s coming to an end for me. You’ve ruined what has been the best mobile game I’ve ever played. It blows my mind that bugs can exist for MONTHS yet the second something comes to light that is in the benefit of the players, it’s immediately addressed. Cull obsidian is out of balance, try ramping him up in any end game content. I bet you won’t make through any of it because he gets KO’d if someone sneezes on him. Yes his damage output is high because otherwise he’d be another worthless champion without any utility or potential in the game. I guess I’ve got another 3 months to play this game before I log out for good. Thanks Kabam, you’ve finally driven another longtime player away

I totally agree with you. Its 2 in the night and i am so depressed that i am unable to sleep
    Call it addiction to the game but for me this game is like the best thing that happened to me in years. They must not release champs at all without their testing and the ccp program should not just be a hype train.
    To some of my fellow summoners above changing the damage of cull is only justified if he can have better block proficiency along with some sort of immunities so thay he can survive better. Currently he needs a lot of skill and pots to ramp up. Of you don't agree please go play act 6 or perhaps if you are a mcoc god..i am very sorry but you can do it all but we are just average people sir.
    @Kabam Miike With all the respect, just justify this - Why can't you guys see this clearly that the only significant ability Cull has, is his damage. Also he was recently fixed after the over damaging bug why was it not told that his damage is game breaking and then again there were his crystals for sale. Sir communication is the key and i am extremely disappointed in the way you guys have been communicating recently. It's like playing a game where i am not sure of anything at all.
  • PgustiloPgustilo Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2019
    This is a joke @Kabam Miike there are players that have spent quite a fair bit of $$$$ for featured crystals to get Cull..and I'm guessing you won't be compensating people their money back for this nerf update?? Way too really stick it to the players Kabam. Bravo!!

Imho he doesn't need "re-balancing" his lack of utility and block proficiency makes up for raw damage output.

I don't know what kind of data you are all looking at over there at Kabam. But you looking at it all wrong.

Get your house in order Kabam
  • DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

Never ceases to amaze me the people who scream "CULL CAN'T DO 6.2 BECAUSE MERR"

Y'all just silly

What’s the video isn’t appearing on my screen haven’t a clue why
    Hit play and then flip your phone to landscape
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Member Posts: 770 ★★★

WingTSE said:

Why not just make champs that can counter balance those champs rather than constantly nerfing champs?

When you have a Champion that wildly outdamages other Champions, and we start making content to counter that specific Champion, this harshly punishes every other Champion in game, and every Summoner that does not have that Champion.
    Cull “wildly out damages” other champs? Like who and in what content? Show us the magic “data”. This should be good.
    Something that people often miss is that the type of content doesn't really bear hard on the data, aside from where they collect it. Meaning it's not just about End-Game content. While you may find the heaviest hitters there, performance data isn't just about who uses what God Tier in End-Game. Data is data.
    And data can be altered depending on a lot of factors. Are they looking at the average of damage over the course of a map/quest, or simply once Cull has ramped up? If you look at Cull with 1 charge, his damage would be MUCH lower. If you look at the damage with large amounts of armor break and 10 charges, his damage will be outrageous. Are they looking at the average or the mean damage?
    Lvernon15 said:

WingTSE said:

Yes, the data says cull hits really hard everywhere, but that isn’t enough, if you look at the fights he’s against chances are they’re the easiest fights without problem nodes, which the data likley won’t show, kabam aren’t using the right sources here, rather than looking at damage data they need to look at more specific things, I haven’t seen anyone using him for tough fights in 6.2 including all content creators and the 3 very prestigious alliances I’ve been in since 6.2 was released
    If you're looking at Damage amounts, it is enough.
  • ChoticChotic Member Posts: 2
    That’s it!!! I’ve spent to much time and money on this game. I literally loved this game until now,KABAM!!! We put up with a lot of bs in this game and you’re telling me basically thanks for my time and money for the character I grinded hours of my life away for and also the money I’ve spent to dupe it by saying we’re giving you 3 months to have fun it, and we also hope you continue playing and spending even through we’re going to keep doing this to you all!
  • borntohulaborntohula Member Posts: 447 ★★★

Yeah but you did see the announcement that they'll re-tune champs after 3 months right? Wouldn't it have been prudent to have waited for the 3 months is up before R5 your Cull?

Also they'd said Cull will still remain one of the top damage dealer, it's not like he's gonna be like Thor overnight.

No. And no. I didn’t read it. Furthermore, if I buy a Ferrari, I don’t expect it to be downgraded at any time in the future. Matter of fact, most customers would, if anything, expect the manufacturer to up its abilities, rather than tone them down. If I have to wait three months [which is an arbitrary number, anyway] to make rank up decisions, then rank ups shouldn’t be allowed before that period expires. I don’t even think the specific product [in this case, a champion] should be sold before that period expires. Besides, many buffs and nerfs have taken place years after the original introduction of a champion. Short version: no, and no. And I shouldn’t have to. And I am not going to.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

WingTSE said:

Yes, the data says cull hits really hard everywhere, but that isn’t enough, if you look at the fights he’s against chances are they’re the easiest fights without problem nodes, which the data likley won’t show, kabam aren’t using the right sources here, rather than looking at damage data they need to look at more specific things, I haven’t seen anyone using him for tough fights in 6.2 including all content creators and the 3 very prestigious alliances I’ve been in since 6.2 was released
    If you're looking at Damage amounts, it is enough.
    Did you read my post? Being able to do easy fights fast is NOT significant enough to make a champ need a nerf, I could use anyone for those fights and easily get though them, all cull does there is make it faster, he doesn’t provide anything that makes him a game changer for an account, now act 5 is likley a different story since 90% of the fights are what I’m classing as ‘easy’ fights without nodes requiring a specific champ, but act 6 v1 and other endgame content are built around these ‘problem fights’ which makes cull only really be any good for a couple paths that any champ could do
  • JohnHSJohnHS Member Posts: 509 ★★★
    Another thing. This isn't anything like 12.0. Base game mechanics like Willpower and Perfect Block were changed. The majority of champs, old and new, were changed. This is messing with new champs. Bad system? Yes. 12.0.2? No.
This discussion has been closed.