**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Thanos Heal Prevention - Whats this garbage?

Comments

• Options
    Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    Today, I took block damage with 10% life left. LMD was immediately destroyed, and I began to degen for two seconds from the 10% mark, until I had zero health left.

There is NO REGEN here for the node to prevent. There is no healing factor here. Why is this node affecting this? He shouldn’t get 1% health left and not degen. He should act normally with this node.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Why the push for heal prevention? It seems to have caused more issues than it’s worth. How did the team decide that leaving Fury at 1% is the correct move vs just leaving the heal block alone? Why so determined to shoehorn that heal prevention in despite the problems it creates @Kabam Zibiit ?

Bc Fury absolutely rinses map 7 Thanos if I had to guess
  • Options

(just remembered this...) What is the exact wording for Nick Fury ability of his taking over the fight once his Double is dead ?? Something about his health climbing up to 100 over several seconds ? Does that start from 0 or from 30% ?

That 2nd video that shows him coming in at only 30% (and then degening quickly to 0) is maybe what his real-self starts at right away and then climbs to 100% over several seconds. So might be the “climbing from whatever up to 100%” that is now being Prevented with the new Thanos buff wording. Since it is not an instantaneous stepping in at 100% right away.

Still should NOT be degening during that last 30%, but at least that might explain some of the issue ??

I went in with NF yesterday as I always do, yellow bar, not having touched him for the whole map - just because he’s fun to use on Thanos. Let Thanos smack me for the real NF and I just straight up died. This effect basically is a hard counter to activating his ability mid fight.

• Options
    Mauled said:

(just remembered this...) What is the exact wording for Nick Fury ability of his taking over the fight once his Double is dead ?? Something about his health climbing up to 100 over several seconds ? Does that start from 0 or from 30% ?

That 2nd video that shows him coming in at only 30% (and then degening quickly to 0) is maybe what his real-self starts at right away and then climbs to 100% over several seconds. So might be the “climbing from whatever up to 100%” that is now being Prevented with the new Thanos buff wording. Since it is not an instantaneous stepping in at 100% right away.

Still should NOT be degening during that last 30%, but at least that might explain some of the issue ??

I went in with NF yesterday as I always do, yellow bar, not having touched him for the whole map - just because he’s fun to use on Thanos. Let Thanos smack me for the real NF and I just straight up died. This effect basically is a hard counter to activating his ability mid fight.

You have to kill the decoy off before going into the fight. That doesnt seem like something they plan on changing either
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Genuine question here, does the change from heal block to heal prevention impact anyone else or was this a specific change just to stop Fury? I honestly can't think of anyone else who's healing wasn't already stopped before. As has been said a dozen times already Fury doesn't regen, show me where in his description it says regeneration.

Possibly Blade stopping heal block from procing. I don't use him at all but that's all I could really think of
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Blade
    Nick Fury
    Crossbones
    Agent Venom
    King Groot
    Kingpin

All are affected now by not being able to remove or reduce the chance to be affected by a heal block node.

Not sure if Domino or Black Widow could avoid triggering the heal block from a node.

Not that anyone but mods can see this critical information that was requested.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Why the push for heal prevention? It seems to have caused more issues than it’s worth. How did the team decide that leaving Fury at 1% is the correct move vs just leaving the heal block alone? Why so determined to shoehorn that heal prevention in despite the problems it creates @Kabam Zibiit ?

Bc Fury absolutely rinses map 7 Thanos if I had to guess
    So what? It isn’t an instant kill and even if it was, so what? What’s the real difference between an instant kill, a one-shot or a two-shot? The alliance still had to go through the fights to get there. They can’t knock out the map in an hour and free their champs, so nothing changes competition-wise. It’s like Kabam got this idea in their heads that they think is really good and they’re willing to tear down whatever they have to and break all kinds of other interactions to put in their pet idea.
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I was under the impression upon NFs release that there should be no way to stop the real NF from activating and putting him at 100%. Having the node keep him at 1% upon signature ability seems like horse puckey. Why not change the interaction of the signature ability to interact similar to Kang in V3?
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Also love that his ability "is not effected by ability accuracy reduction", yet you can conspicuously node block his ability that shouldn't even have to exist. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    buffajr said:

I was under the impression upon NFs release that there should be no way to stop the real NF from activating and putting him at 100%. Having the node keep him at 1% upon signature ability seems like horse puckey. Why not change the interaction of the signature ability to interact similar to Kang in V3?

There's no way for US to stop it.
  • Options

I just noticed that the bleed lane has heal prevention also, so I'm guessing poison path does too. I wouldn't be surprised if the nick fury situation had nothing to do with thanos and was built in to make it impossible for him to purify the node debuffs.

It's only certain nodes in AQ. I use New Cap Marvel for poison lane and usually fight Vulture in Phase 2 while he's thorns noded and he also has the heal prevention on him.
  • Options

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. Any of the lanes that have debuffs from the start seem to have the prevention.

And yet here we are, at the end of another AQ, without any explanation of why this change was made, if it was meant to target a certain champ, and no explanation of why this champs interaction with the node defies all logic based on how the champ is supposed to act.

It’s unacceptable and is ABSOLUTELY a nerf
  • Options
    Yeah it's frustrating that the player base is being completely ignored on this nerf that completely and totally lacks justification or logic.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

So much for being open, transparent and honest with the community.

The fact this change was not communicated is ridiculous especially since the whole intention of the change was because the node was not interacting how the designers intended and champs were bypassing it through ability accuracy reduction, purifying etc
    That whole reason for the change was that players were using champs to circumvent the heal block, so changing it to stop this would obviously be noticed by said players. Yet no announcement or information prior to entering AQ.

Nick Fury sig ability is not described as a heal. The intention of the sig ability from all sources given to us players is that you are fighting with a weaker decoy version of Nick fury and when you die you fight with the real one with the handicap of only being able to stay at 30% health max and healing above that will degen you back down to 30%.
    Of course the way this was programmed is rather then having the health just go straight to 100, the mechanic "heals "back up to 100% and then degens to 30%. Hence why MODOK can interact with the sig ability too.

You tend to have a habit of changing the narrative so we can't even take descriptions at face value, because if you don't like how we are benefiting from it then you simply "nerf" it and then say its meant to work like this.

Nick fury should be allowed access to his sig ability and the Real Nick Fury on these nodes and and it shouldn't be seen as healing.

And yet here we are with the company simply running away from the issue rather than doing the right thing
  • Options
    Used him this morning and he went back to 1% and the degen was still there and he died immediately.

This is gross.
This discussion has been closed.