**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the release of MROC, is spending pointless?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
I dont usually spend much but was looking forward to on Cyber Monday. However, with the release of Realm of Champions, i feel as if Kabam might have less time for this. Its kind of pointless to spend on a game that doesnt even have its creator’s full attention

With the release of MROC, is spending pointless? 61 votes

Yes, the new game will hinder MCOC
27%
INTEGRALjeffgmngAlCapone2727Ethans8279BassanioSandyUKNiteAndDaeMilesHolmwoodSaransh245anubhavdivinegamerZayo_278Markg25NeotwismKalantakAlexAvalonKiddrakeValBr111 17 votes
No, mcoc will continue with the same efforts
72%
DNA3000SnakeEyes69LeNoirFaineantLosspikRazorDevilKDoggg2017Feeney234R_D_JrTerraAlex13369Lvernon15hydrogohardPatchie93CliffordcanKetchup1791Duke_SilverWorknprogressJohnLocke117ThesurvivlistAknylmz 44 votes

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This idea/notion is pointless. MROC has it’s own team.

Hopefully @Kabam Miike will find time to spread himself between the two since he’s the community guy.
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    GagoH said:

I dont usually spend much but was looking forward to on Cyber Monday. However, with the release of Realm of Champions, i feel as if Kabam might have less time for this. Its kind of pointless to spend on a game that doesnt even have its creator’s full attention

They said themselves that nothing is changing as MROC has their own game team so you don't really need to worry especially when this game makes big bank
  • mljun2017mljun2017 Posts: 7
    Spending is always optional for any game. MROC won't take away creator's attention from MCOC since kabam will have dedicated teams for both games. But as customers...we simply have another choice of game. Wouldn't recommend getting addicted to another mobile game though. It does nothing for your real life by having fantastic rosters other than feeling "high"
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Yes, the new game will hinder MCOC
    Do ppl really believe Kabam would admit if they weren't making as much money on this game as they used to? The game is old. It has it's dedicated players, but I'm sure it's harder to entice new players to start an older game. I dont blame Kabam for creating a new game. I know i am done spending money on this game for the time being. I will try out the new game and decide then if i want to continue playing this or switch to the new game or try finding time for both.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    This seems to be a weird worry to me, for two major reasons. First, MCOC isn't Kabam's only game in the first place. They also make Transformers FtF for one. And Second Kabam has almost certainly been working on MROC for a very long time by now, so any impact MROC development would have on Kabam has already happened.

You can't make a new game in your spare time. Every single developer working on MROC is working full time on the development of that game, and even if the MCOC developers wanted to help them there's almost certainly very little they could do. The game is a completely different game with almost certainly different mechanics and features and probably different toolchains as well. The designers that work on different parts of MCOC can't even realistically help each other very much outside of their own area of expertise, much less a completely different game team.

Thinking that a new game might distract the developers of an existing game is very much like thinking that Marvel Studios can only make one movie at a time, because otherwise the second movie will distract the makers of the first movie. That doesn't happen, because each individual movie is essentially filmed by a completely different entity that just happens to be controlled by Marvel Studios. But the production team for Ant Man and Thor Ragnarok might as well be separate companies. The dev teams for MCOC and MROC might as well be separate dev studios, with only a tiny creative overlap at the very top.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

This idea/notion is pointless. MROC has it’s own team.

Hopefully @Kabam Miike will find time to spread himself between the two since he’s the community guy.

Three* hes on the transformers forum as well lol.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I think that the only reason that MROC will hinder MCOC's sales is because that will be from the people who move from MCOC over to MROC, in which case Kabam will still be getting that money, but just from a slightly different source.
    Definitely an understandable worry from the OP, though, given the information they had.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Running a mobile game with a huge community needs a dedicated team, which Kabam has stated too, both games will have the same director but different game teams. Mcoc is the most popular of Kabam's game and is not running out of content any soon. So the chances of any negative impact of MROC on MCOC are very slim.
    Spending, on the other hand, is a totally personal decision. You can if you want to.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    My prediction is the game will fizzle and lose most of its support in a year and be a wasteland in two.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Do ppl really believe Kabam would admit if they weren't making as much money on this game as they used to? The game is old. It has it's dedicated players, but I'm sure it's harder to entice new players to start an older game. I dont blame Kabam for creating a new game. I know i am done spending money on this game for the time being. I will try out the new game and decide then if i want to continue playing this or switch to the new game or try finding time for both.

It’s making the most money it ever has, go watch seatin video on battle lines shutting down, he has all the charts as if where Mcoc is on the income charts, it’s doing fine