**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #4: Waning Moon

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

So if you’re not uncollected, you can get 1* champs for free, but if you are, you have to drop at least 250 units for a full team? So it’s disadvantageous to be of further progression. How does that make sense?

And as far as I’m aware, there has never been a use for 1* champs until this point. All other class restriction events were always 1 AND 2*s. This should have been the same. It’s not unreasonable for people to have sold 1*s because of that.

🧂
    💥 🍿
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

So if you’re not uncollected, you can get 1* champs for free, but if you are, you have to drop at least 250 units for a full team? So it’s disadvantageous to be of further progression. How does that make sense?

And as far as I’m aware, there has never been a use for 1* champs until this point. All other class restriction events were always 1 AND 2*s. This should have been the same. It’s not unreasonable for people to have sold 1*s because of that.

Well, it was your decision to sell them... can't blame Kabam for that.

Pretty sure Kabam don't want to give out champs so people can just sell them again and get shards, so, they will sell them. That seems reasonable.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★

Sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare for people like me who don’t have 2* and 3* ranked up and only 11 maxed out 4* champs 🤦🏻‍♂️

They have said for years to not sell your 2-3* champs.

I have been playing for 20 months and I sold a ton of 2 and 3* champs during the first 6-9 months so almost all of my 2-3* champs are freah from about a year ago.

And half have max sigs

And I have 15 or so max 2 stars and the rest of my 2 stars are 2/20s m

I have 27 max 3 stars. Mostly champs I like that I didn't have as 4-5 stas when I maxed them.

The point is I only ranked any 2-3* champs for the level up event.

Also they are so cheap to rank up.

You can also auto fight for t1b and t2b and t1 and 2cc everyday for very low energy

While also pulling level #2 health pots in the t2cc daily.

With all due respect just don't be a neglectful or lazy summoner.

Within 1 to 2 months you could max out another 30 + 2 or 3 stars at least using very minimal resources that will not affect your 4 + 5 stars at all
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

OMG ! 2015/2016? all my 5* mytic already max r4. There are only limited amount of 2015/2016. Kabam should do a cap on the gem we can get!

You gotta remember this quest was released in 2015 once we get to 2016 quest we will get 16/17 gem
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Can we expect the opponents of the later chapters to also be of lower tier? I certainly hope you don't expect us to use a 1* to fight a 6* opponent in the last quest of variant 4

Pretty sure that is exactly what will be. There is a reason why variant difficulty is considered harder lol
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

There is literally no reason to sell champs ever. You get more rewards in the long run for not selling them.

I really hope they don’t release a crystal with 1-2*’s. Will teach people a lesson. Don’t sell champs, even if they “aren’t viable”

9 1* champs
    88 2* champs 47 of them max level high sig
    142 3* champs 41 of them max level high sig

Not our fault you sold them.

I totally agree it's hilarious kabam never said that the low rarity champs would be useless going forward as you progress.

now so many post whining about not having one start champs that you had that you were given for free and you sold you know that's on you that's your bad.

• IndridColdIndridCold Posts: 41
    RoninMan said:

There is literally no reason to sell champs ever. You get more rewards in the long run for not selling them.
    How do you get more rewards from 1* champs in the long run once you are Uncollected+? You’ll no longer get them (for free) from the daily crystal, so you have no way of duping them & getting anything from them once you’ve become Uncollected.
  • DalBot said:

So you want end game players to waste T4B to rank up 4* just for this variant....

Seriously?

If you don't want to use those T4B, you can use ones that you've already ranked up, or if you're really skilled, not Rank them Past Rank 3 or 4. Of course it will be easier with Rank 5 Champions, but that's not necessary.

But if you really don't want to use resources on 4-Star Champions, you don't have to do this Variant. There will be others, and every single one of them will be about using Different Champions in your Roster. I'm really excited about this one, because I've been asking for one where we can use 1 and 2-Star Champions since we started making Variant Difficulty quests!
    Agreed!
    It's probably only going to be 3 or (at most) 4 paths you'll be using 4 stars on anyway.
    Chances are, if you're doing Variant's, your roster can handle it. lol
    DalBot said:

That’s your problem, not the team’s problem. You chose not to do that and now your complaining that you have to use the catalysts to rank up champs.

So it's my problem and not the teams that I chose to not waste resources on champs that have been mostly outdated for 2-3 years compared to my better champs, and now would need them for a single event, taking resources from more worthy champs?

That literally makes zero sense. I don't see why they couldn't do 5/6, 4/5, 3/4, 2/3, 1/2 and then just 1*.

I'm sure the inevitable solution though will be deals on T4B to SELL YOU what you would need 🤦🏻‍♂️
    the only thing that doesn't make sense is your view of what you should consider out-dated.

No one and no where does this game imply or specify that any champ rarity is out-dated.

Kabam implicitly made it clear during the month that QUEEN OF THE ICE AGE "EMMA FROST" was INTRODUCED TO THE CONTEST THAT YOUR LOWER RARITY 2 TO 3 STAR CHAMPS WILL BE USEFUL SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE FOR CONTEMPORARY CONTENT.

Roughly 15 months ago that contemporary content was danger rooms.

Today that contemporary content is varient number 4.

which just so happens to offer rewards that are way beyond the danger rooms.

Bring it on

• IndridColdIndridCold Posts: 41

I really hope they don’t release a crystal with 1-2*’s. Will teach people a lesson. Don’t sell champs, even if they “aren’t viable”

9 1* champs

I totally agree it's hilarious kabam never said that the low rarity champs would be useless going forward as you progress.

now so many post whining about not having one start champs that you had that you were given for free and you sold you know that's on you that's your bad.

Yeah because it makes perfect sense to keep champs that when maxed only have 2 specials & cant be duped once you are Uncollected+

Not sure why they are being referred to as rare. Since if I started a new account I’d easily have them. To me it seems unfair for people who have been playing this game since 2015, became Uncollected years ago & don’t get them from daily crystals.

Why does chapter 1 allow 5 & 6 star champs?? By your logic chapter one should only allow 6 star champs (something that wouldn’t effect seasoned players, but would effect newer players). Just because something doesn’t effect you, doesn’t mean it’s pointless.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Can't we get something in between
    Veriant and classic. I mean ok.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

9 1* champs

Yeah because it makes perfect sense to keep champs that when maxed only have 2 specials & cant be duped once you are Uncollected+

Not sure why they are being referred to as rare. Since if I started a new account I’d easily have them. To me it seems unfair for people who have been playing this game since 2015, became Uncollected years ago & don’t get them from daily crystals.

Why does chapter 1 allow 5 & 6 star champs?? By your logic chapter one should only allow 6 star champs (something that wouldn’t effect seasoned players, but would effect newer players). Just because something doesn’t effect you, doesn’t mean it’s pointless.
    They were costing you something to keep? You gained something worthwhile from selling them? It made no sense to sell them bc there was no benefit. Everyone I've talked to that sold said they were tired of looking at them which is probably the most ridiculous reason I can think of
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I haven’t seen this addressed yet, but I’m assuming that there will be some sort of adjustment in the defender’s ratings with the 1/2* chapters?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

DalBot said:

So you want end game players to waste T4B to rank up 4* just for this variant....

Seriously?

If you don't want to use those T4B, you can use ones that you've already ranked up, or if you're really skilled, not Rank them Past Rank 3 or 4. Of course it will be easier with Rank 5 Champions, but that's not necessary.

But if you really don't want to use resources on 4-Star Champions, you don't have to do this Variant. There will be others, and every single one of them will be about using Different Champions in your Roster. I'm really excited about this one, because I've been asking for one where we can use 1 and 2-Star Champions since we started making Variant Difficulty quests!
    I’m with ya man. I remember those 3* quests and they were some of my fav quests
  • Vikes4me2Vikes4me2 Posts: 4
    We should follow the trend from first quest down. Make the first quest 6* only @Kabam Miike
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Could it be possible to have the price of this crystal dropped down to 25 or so units. 50 units is a lot to ask for this.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★

9 1* champs

Well actually it is Kabam fault, as they made those champions totally useless since day 1 and for 5 years. Now, all of a sudden, BOOM, you need a 1* champion to complete one of the most exciting part of the game with a lot of rewards. How stupid is this?

I like and support the idea of content like this, also still have my 1* so no problem. But the stupidity stay and I don't see why people can't get 1* champions without spending units. It looks to me like another way to grab some money.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Badrose said:

9 1* champs

Well actually it is Kabam fault, as they made those champions totally useless since day 1 and for 5 years. Now, all of a sudden, BOOM, you need a 1* champion to complete one of the most exciting part of the game with a lot of rewards. How stupid is this?

I like and support the idea of content like this, also still have my 1* so no problem. But the stupidity stay and I don't see why people can't get 1* champions without spending units. It looks to me like another way to grab some money.
    1* are useless for 99% of the content sure, but still there is no harm in letting them rot in inventory, who ask people to go sell them in the first place.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The point is that it was the complainers fault for selling their champs when there was no reason to do so, now they have to face the consequences.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Vikes4me2 said:

We should follow the trend from first quest down. Make the first quest 6* only @Kabam Miike

For a lot of people who want to do this, that would greatly restrict the roster and be in favor of whales. Not everyone has a stacked 6* roster or even a complete team of 6*s.
  • Vikes4me2Vikes4me2 Posts: 4

Vikes4me2 said:

For a lot of people who want to do this, that would greatly restrict the roster and be in favor of whales. Not everyone has a stacked 6* roster or even a complete team of 6*s.
    And apperantly not all have 1*, just saying. Follow the pattern. 6* only quest 1!!!!
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    @Kabam Miike I have a 1* Colossus, but he wasn’t updated with the last champion update. Why?