**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Crashing When Viewing AW Defense

Comments

• BraveHawkBraveHawk Posts: 17
    Same issue for me.

Device and Version: iPad Gen 5

Device Operating System: IOS 12.2

Mobile Carrier: N/à

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Version Installed: 25.2.0

Game Mode: Alliance War

Champions Affected: All defensive champions in your own battlegroup

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: You click on the tab that lets you see the champs you placed in defense, it crashes

Screenshot or Video:see below
  • BraveHawkBraveHawk Posts: 17

• Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Same here, would kinda love to know what champs get a kill and knowing if some champs got an overkill (more than 3) would be fun to know since we’re in a close war.

Doesn’t matter what device it is, it happens to everybody.

Iphone 11 pro here btw
  • BromegaBromega Posts: 65
    Any update on this? The bug seems to be getting worse. I used to be able to view other BG defense kills but now the game crashes anytime I try to view any of them. Makes it difficult for alliances to evaluate their defensive placement. This is hurting players now in-season. Hope it’s a priority.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Same. iPhone 11 max.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited January 2020

Is it ONLY for BG’s that you are NOT part of ??

I can look at the Defense of my own group, and pull up our Defense Roster list, without crashing (but only running 1 BG, so can’t check in any different group).
    (iPad 2018 6th Gen)

It's intermittent. It happens in defense placement AND in attack when looking at defense kills. It can work occasionally. Most of the time, it doesn't. Last night, it worked for me in my home BG, but nowhere else. Today, doesn't work at all. It's maddening. To think we have to deal with this for another 3 weeks of AW Season is beyond frustrating too. Unfortunately, at least by the sound of it, whatever it is they can't do a simple patch. I guess it's 3 weeks of playing blind for everyone. Some don't care. Those that do, they know how irritating it is not having this information. It's quite unfortunate.
  • fourkwardfourkward Posts: 39
    Today is the 17th. Any kind of a fix in place yet to view AW defender placement? Have seen no updates!
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I found a possible work around the worked for me

Once you enter the defense page scroll up to the boss node and click on it. Then check all your defenders with the standard button on the right. I was able to see all defenders with their individual kills.

I switched bgs and immediately clicked all defenders and the game crashed. If i re entered and scrolled to the boss node first then checked defense i was always able to see defenders kills for each bg.

Good luck. Hope it works
  • Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72

Hey there, we're letting the team know so they can look into this issue. For anyone who hasn't already, could you please let us know what model of device you're using and what version of your OS you are using? Also does the crash occur as soon as the message pops up or after you hit "Ok"?

Samsung Galaxy S10, the game crash as the message pops up with a little delay so you have some time to tap "ok" but either way it crash
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 92
    The only workaround i can see there being so far is that once your opponent 100% that bg you can see the defender kills.
  • BezzitleBezzitle Posts: 299
    So ridiculous that kabam pushed a fix for this issue off until the next update... when is this next update btw?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    7 days later? Any updates?
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    No fix, no update, nothing. Typical
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's not the device. It's our entire alliance and it started happening last war.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    edited January 2020
  • Dęłtå said:
    That’s the problem with people creating secondary threads about the exact same subject. Kabam's reply saying that a fix is done and will be in the NEXT UPDATE was probably mistakenly ONLY replied to in that duplicate thread that @Dash715 made yesterday. Instead of this primary and ongoing main thread on the subject.

Although, could have sworn I did see an official reply even before today in THIS thread that said the same thing (but can’t find it in here anymore ?)
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Frosty said:

I found a possible work around the worked for me

Once you enter the defense page scroll up to the boss node and click on it. Then check all your defenders with the standard button on the right. I was able to see all defenders with their individual kills.

I switched bgs and immediately clicked all defenders and the game crashed. If i re entered and scrolled to the boss node first then checked defense i was always able to see defenders kills for each bg.

Good luck. Hope it works

I tested my work around again and it still works. It will only work once the boss node has been taken out though. Its not ideal but you'll be able to see death on each defender. Other members in my alliance have success this way too

Good luck and i hope it works for you too
  • The team is working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible and have a fix that will be able to be implemented in the next update. The season is still planned to start on its normal schedule at this time.

This was the reply made back on the 15th in this thread. Page 2, for anyone that was looking. Unfortunately, we gotta deal with it for the next few weeks. @Frosty has a nice work around and it does work most of the time. Just gotta remember to do it at the end of AW (nice find BTW!!).
  • The team is working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible and have a fix that will be able to be implemented in the next update. The season is still planned to start on its normal schedule at this time.

This was the reply made back on the 15th in this thread. Page 2, for anyone that was looking. Unfortunately, we gotta deal with it for the next few weeks. @Frosty has a nice work around and it does work most of the time. Just gotta remember to do it at the end of AW (nice find BTW!!).
    Yep, although since the older wording in this thread (above) was still just “WORKING on getting this resolved” at that time, nice to see at least the other thread actually says “we HAVE a fix” from them now.

I wonder if it can be squeezed in if they happen to release a Mid-Month Hotfix like they sometimes do.

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Assuming kabam understands that the defensive tactics data from this season is useless, and won’t go adjusting tactics again until the game actually works and alliances can analyze defensive results and fine tune.