**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    You can easily achieve diversity without punishing us for not complying. It's called buffs. Luke Cage, Hulkbuster, and Spider-Gwen come to mind.
  • HahaboboHahabobo Posts: 59
    We all appreciate kabam trying to change things and make the game more challenging, but this change to AW is just completely unacceptable.

The best team can no longer win, the team how fights best or who had stronger champions can no longer win due to defender diversity.

It seems no matter how well you do, even completing all battle groups 100% (which was a real achievement before) is not enough to win.

It seems all you have to do to win now is choose random defenders, even if they are week it does not matter.

This is completely wrong and flawed, I hope this reaches the right people and someone can make a change because this is yet another unacceptable change to the game.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    another6sori3clndzc.png
    another bs war for the books. thanks kabam!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We won the last war by 400 points for diversity. We are going to win this one on diversity and a missed portal exploration. 100% exploration with no items used thanks to the bad defenders and the new map. This is a bad joke. Winning isn't even fun lol.
    even if we matched there diversity we still would of lost by 300 points cause war match making is total bs as well
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    another6sori3clndzc.png

what makes you think you deserve this one?
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Qwerty wrote: »
    another6sori3clndzc.png

I was wondering the same thing there's no defender kills so it's hard to see where he's going with this
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    The current AW format can be simplified into the following

1) Each alliance choose the defenders they want.
    2) Click SUBMIT and system will work out which alliance will win, based on Defenders Diversity and Defenders rating (if less than 150 defenders are chosen, there will be a penalty).

AW can be completed within 24 Hours rather than 48 hours. No need to have to fight, since everyone (or almost everyone) will do 100% anyway.

• TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    edited September 2017
    @Kabam Miike We could really use an update about any tweaks that will be made to alliance war scoring and when we can expect the Diversity score to go back to alliance wide as it was intended. It is really hard to plan for an entire alliance when we don't know what to plan for and the longer it goes, the more people will rank up champs that might not even be needed if there are changes. This thread is spiraling and an update would help.

Sorry guys, but we can't offer any more information until we have it. You guys know this. We're working with the team and are gathering information to share from you to them, and vice versa. Changes will not be made in a rush, and as we have said before, this will be an iterative process.

You guys at Kabam are hilarious. You produce a car that has balloons instead of wheels, put it through an extensive testing, then you release it pissing of all the drivers out there and then you're looking for a fix that takes forever. How about you first design a car, test the concept and then produce it based on the tested and FUNCTIONAL concept?? So when you release it, there are no balloons instead of wheel and no chopsticks instead of gear shift stick etc.

The scoring is not a coding bug - that's a major flaw that is very easy to calculate and predict. If anyone working there knew basic math or how to work with Excel / Numbers apps, this wouldn't have happened. We just lost another war. Both alliances explored practically 100% without any problems, mine actually did 0.5% better job, yet mine cocked up on placement by 7 defenders, so we lost the war from the very beginning. Both alliances had 2 boss kills. k9agjoewqtzz.png

How pathetic is it - to fight a war that's decided from the beginning!! One more stupidity like this and I'm done. Way to go, Kabam. Create something amazing and then **** all over it.
  • Again we a 10m Alliance faced a 6m Alliance and destroyed them but they paid their way through the bosses and diversity beat us by mere points. In no War is it realistic for a 10m to be beat by a 6m. Im about to give up on this war ever becoming a war again and not a fashion show or who brings the most diverse hero's, not skill, not the time and strength of hero's. Nodes are to weak and everything is decided on diversity now. I think me and my team (est march 2015) are about done waiting for War to become skill based again. Every war is 100% now, reminds me of handing a trophy to every kid as a form of false accomplishment.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,092 ★★★
    Really when is the current format changing? We need defensive kills back at least. The new system is just tearing apart alliances are starting in fighting in alliances over how to run aw. Really really hoping things change soon.
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    9c72uwqas3cq.jpg
    Glad this is what wars come to now
    edited September 2017
    another6sori3clndzc.png

im just showing how an alliance with a higher rating makes it impossible for lower rated allies to win. i couldnt care less if the match making didnt match us with allies that are 4 million higher rated then us. im showing you how as soon as we see the alliance is higher rated then us we dont stand a chance when back with defender kills we used to win wars like this one. how do you think we got the rating we have now it wasnt from winning tons of easy wars. this just shows how much easier it is for top rated allies to just rake in more rewards while we get the remaining pile of s#!% at the end of the road.
    Vanitelia wrote: »
    We lost a war today by 500 points b/c of diversity when our defender rating was 210k+ higher and we had 20 deaths to their 139. Why even show defender kills if they don't mean anything? We learned our lesson the hard way when it comes to the diversity issue.

This is a pure F#^% UP by Kabam! LOL 210k higher defender rating is pretty impressive!! That should mean something! Instead, in means nothing more than 400 pts...
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    another6sori3clndzc.png

im just showing how an alliance with a higher rating makes it impossible for lower rated allies to win. i couldnt care less if the match making didnt match us with allies that are 4 million higher rated then us. im showing you how as soon as we see the alliance is higher rated then us we dont stand a chance when back with defender kills we used to win wars like this one. how do you think we got the rating we have now it wasnt from winning tons of easy wars. this just shows how much easier it is for top rated allies to just rake in more rewards while we get the remaining pile of **** at the end of the road.

Ooooh okay now it makes more sense it's hard to tell without being able to see the ratings of both alliances
    Huluhula wrote: »
    another6sori3clndzc.png

im just showing how an alliance with a higher rating makes it impossible for lower rated allies to win. i couldnt care less if the match making didnt match us with allies that are 4 million higher rated then us. im showing you how as soon as we see the alliance is higher rated then us we dont stand a chance when back with defender kills we used to win wars like this one. how do you think we got the rating we have now it wasnt from winning tons of easy wars. this just shows how much easier it is for top rated allies to just rake in more rewards while we get the remaining pile of **** at the end of the road.

Ooooh okay now it makes more sense it's hard to tell without being able to see the ratings of both alliances

true i guess that would of helped my case. lol
    edited September 2017
    @Kabam Miike You should have said - from now on every war will be a tie and because of this we're introducing a defender diversity!!! It will decide the war before the attack phase even starts!!! Yay - that'll be so much fun, guys!!! No more stressing over fighting challenging nodes or getting stuck on paths. NO need to worry from now on - less stress = more fun
  • TomieCzech wrote: »
    Both alliances explored practically 100% without any problems, mine actually did 0.5% better job, yet mine cocked up on placement by 7 defenders, so we lost the war from the very beginning. Both alliances had 2 boss kills.

While I sympathize with the diversity scoring problem, technically speaking you didn't lose the war from the start because you only had two boss kills. The other alliance had a 776 point advantage at the start but that was surmountable with a third boss kill.

I would be curious to see what the defender kill stats were for this war: would that have made a difference if they had counted.
    edited September 2017
    I'll keep posting smart comments until I get banned on the forums and the game, because I think I'd regret it if I deleted my game profile and then the game got fixed 5 years later after being bought up bankrupted and abandoned from a developer's scrapyard by a team of hardcore fans from back in the days when the game was still fun and playable... I'm pretty sure "being smart" is a banable offence at Kabam
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 305 ★★
    the logic isn't there. If allies are getting away with placing 3 star champs to. Wet diversity requirements, then it takes away from building rosters worth anything. The new system still wont get me to use rank up resources on champs like Luke Cage and IP.

139 to 20. Just think about that. Their entire squad died almost 5 times completing a map we had no trouble with. We took out their Spidey with left mini still up in our big just to get some simblance of a challenge. It's sad man.
    Vanitelia wrote: »
    the logic isn't there. If allies are getting away with placing 3 star champs to. Wet diversity requirements, then it takes away from building rosters worth anything. The new system still wont get me to use rank up resources on champs like Luke Cage and IP.

139 to 20. Just think about that. Their entire squad died almost 5 times completing a map we had no trouble with. We took out their Spidey with left mini still up in our big just to get some simblance of a challenge. It's sad man.

maybe kabam should stop giving you such easy wars. our last 30 wars we have been the underdog by alliance rating yet we still managed to claw are way up to 2k rating
    this is only making the horrible match making problem even worse. match making should be by alliance rating not war rating
    @Vanitelia all you have to do is place 150 diverse champs then you guys will win every war if u have a higher rating
  • TomieCzech wrote: »
    "Diversity will be just a small amount of points - a tiebreaker..." Tiebreak my A**

Actually, evidence suggests that it is in fact behaving that way. Unintentionally but not entirely unexpectedly, it is also helping to generate ties in the first place in combination with the new scoring system.

Whoever designed the new scoring system apparently is unfamiliar with Nash equilibrium. The system contains a very strong and very nasty attractor to a bad equilibrium point: the maximal diversity point. It tends to encourage weaker but more diverse defense, which increases the likelihood for maximal exploration, which increases the odds of a close score, which increases the probability that the diversity score will become the deciding factor. And as players come to realize this as being a problem it encourages them to lock their defense strategy into perpetuating the problem indefinitely because no change in strategy can differentially improve matters. That's basically the textbook definition of a Nash equilibrium, for budding game theorists out there.

This should have been a predictable flaw.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    this is only making the horrible match making problem even worse. match making should be by alliance rating not war rating

That's a terrible idea. There are enough alliances out there who would sell their 1*,2*, and 3* just to lower the alliance rating.
    Jon8299 wrote: »

That's a terrible idea. There are enough alliances out there who would sell their 1*,2*, and 3* just to lower the alliance rating.

fine by me then that would be the standard so it would balance out in the end
This discussion has been closed.