**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold problem

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's just it. The Arena isn't just a last ditch effort. It's the largest source. Gold comes from many areas, but you're not going to get as much as you are from Grinding multiple Arenas for BCs. The game is such that you can play whatever area you want, but if someone is trying to advance as far as possible, that requires making the most of all areas. At least to the best that their time allows. That's probably the largest objection I hear is that people don't want to Grind the Arena. Well, if you're dehydrated and you don't want to turn the tap on.....
    ;)
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,450 ★★★★
    Mike192 said:

There's a very simple solution to Gold - Arena, or Units. Just because you don't like the solutions, doesn't mean they're not there.

You don't have to do ridiculous arena grinds with any kind of regularity to build up Battlechips fairly quickly, not to mention the potential to sell ISO from duping champions as well as various Gold Crystals.

I have been doing Arena, 4* 5* featured and 4* basic as well for 5 months now and still have gold problem.

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

I go for UC Arena crystals. Still not enough gold
    Funny, I don't do anywhere near that much, and I'm sitting easily on 4m with a stockpile of a few hundred gold crystals of various levels to open when the next Gold boost happens.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

There's a very simple solution to Gold - Arena, or Units. Just because you don't like the solutions, doesn't mean they're not there.

You don't have to do ridiculous arena grinds with any kind of regularity to build up Battlechips fairly quickly, not to mention the potential to sell ISO from duping champions as well as various Gold Crystals.

I have been doing Arena, 4* 5* featured and 4* basic as well for 5 months now and still have gold problem.

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

Mostly likely because you are grinding arena, you are ranking up any and all champs to get higher scores faster. That's counter-intuitive. Gold is as much part of resource management as any other rank up material. This game isn't built to rank up your entire roster at your leasure. It's a progression based game both in roster and content.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    xNig said:

all of which can be done in 1-2 sittings a day. Donations wise I donate for 666x5

That’s not necessarily true to everybody.
    It takes me more than 4 hrs to 4m 5* featured.
    It takes me another 4 hrs to 1.5m 4* basic.
    I don’t even try 5* featured.

That’s not 1-2 sittings a day.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I'm curious how many ppl that are short on gold also sold off a bunch of their champs to try advancing in the game faster. Most of my gold comes from selling iso from my 4* champs. I've never sold a champ and don't have a problem with gold. I also don't do arena very often. It may be their is no connection between ppl that sold champs and gold shortage, but it seems that could be a likely case for quite a few ppl. I'm sure not everyone that's short on gold sold a bunch of champs but I would bet a large amount did sell champs.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

Mostly likely because you are grinding arena, you are ranking up any and all champs to get higher scores faster. That's counter-intuitive. Gold is as much part of resource management as any other rank up material. This game isn't built to rank up your entire roster at your leasure. It's a progression based game both in roster and content.
    Agreed, however, if I only rank up champs during Lvl up events, albeit sometimes overkill the Lvl up score due to the rankup being a 5* Im taking to R5, it should at least be ample. In essence, even if you grind arena A LOT, you dont have enough access to gold than you do to the rankup resources you now receive.

Typically, if availability of rank up resources go up (which they have due to map 6/7) the requirement for gold goes up as well even if you only stick to ranking up champions that you will use or 'god-tier'. But we only saw resource availability increase, but not gold otherwise we wont see such posts as often.
    Gold is way more abundant than any other rank up resource which is why we saw the increase in T1/2A's, T4B and T4CC. The gold problem for you is that you NEED your champs ranked for arena. You're out pacing yourself for gold whereas if you slow your rank up's, you'll see more gold. Not every champ needs to be taken to R2/R3. There isn't a gold problem, just a resource management problem.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

^I almost never land these examples, but here goes. If I'm driving a Ford and I lease a Maserati that costs much more a month to pay for, I can try to ask my boss to pay me more for doing the same work. It's highly unlikely I'll get it unless I'm underpaid as it is. The more logical solution is to put more work in.

The problem is that we ARE underpaid - we're doing a Maserati owner's job but we're being paid a Ford drivers wages.
  • Options
    @Mike192 Would u rather have less 5&6* shards and plenty of gold or more shards and the same amount of gold? The game is designed to always need something. I think most ppl given the choice would take more shards and possibly run low on gold over having plenty of gold and fewer champs.
  • Options
    Snizzbar said:

^I almost never land these examples, but here goes. If I'm driving a Ford and I lease a Maserati that costs much more a month to pay for, I can try to ask my boss to pay me more for doing the same work. It's highly unlikely I'll get it unless I'm underpaid as it is. The more logical solution is to put more work in.

The problem is that we ARE underpaid - we're doing a Maserati owner's job but we're being paid a Ford drivers wages.
    Pretty sure you're being paid much more than Gold for those jobs. The game has various Resources laid out in various areas. One of those areas is the Arena. If people aren't doing part of their job, they're not getting that part of the commission.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    @Igozorus First of all I also experienced gold issue, whilst I'm tired of seeing those gold debates from almost similar group of players and side track the discussion every time, the following ways maybe of help for F2P and that's why I tag you only.

1. Think about your normal gold usage per week. Some peoples are free from gold issue because they have already accumulated gold beyond their weekly/monthly usage requirement, the buffer they accumulated is more than enough to support their rank up needs. Therefore gold is not an issue for them. Some players use real life example about cashflow concept in previous gold debate posts, it's sad but truth.

2. If you start from zero gold (or very low level), the current content is truly insufficient to support your rank up needs. Just one 6* can wipe out your gold easily. Thus you need to restrain your rank up priority. Before you reach your targeted gold reserve in point (1), do try to hold up rank-up.

3. Skip those daily/24-hour/SA milestones. Some of them are intentional to attract you to spend, whilst SA maybe unavoidable if your alliance have stipulated target minimum. If you are playing in this kind of alliance, you better switch to another. There are some alliances adopting one-week on hold ranking so as to maximize SA rewards.

4. Don't lost your discipline. Even though you got abundant gold from gifting events and suddenly pull many good champs, remind yourself this is just ad hoc and thus don't spent it if you haven't reach your gold reserve in point (1). Adjust your rank up priority if you pull good champ.

5. Arena/ISO disposal/Sell Champ. Even paid-youtubers like Seatin/Dorky sell ISO when they don't have sufficient gold. You can't avoid if you insist to rank up champ without gold reserve in point (1).
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

Agreed, however, if I only rank up champs during Lvl up events, albeit sometimes overkill the Lvl up score due to the rankup being a 5* Im taking to R5, it should at least be ample. In essence, even if you grind arena A LOT, you dont have enough access to gold than you do to the rankup resources you now receive.

Typically, if availability of rank up resources go up (which they have due to map 6/7) the requirement for gold goes up as well even if you only stick to ranking up champions that you will use or 'god-tier'. But we only saw resource availability increase, but not gold otherwise we wont see such posts as often.
    Gold is way more abundant than any other rank up resource which is why we saw the increase in T1/2A's, T4B and T4CC. The gold problem for you is that you NEED your champs ranked for arena. You're out pacing yourself for gold whereas if you slow your rank up's, you'll see more gold. Not every champ needs to be taken to R2/R3. There isn't a gold problem, just a resource management problem.
    Not really, over the last 1.5 years, AQ rewards have been updated twice and AW maybe 3 times? Gold only received 1 update. So the facts suggest that rank up resources are more accessible than Gold. I dont take every champ to R2/R3, only the ones I feel are useful even at R3 and those are usually 1 in 6-7 crystal openings.

You cant disagree with the fact that Rank up Resources are more accessible (as well as 5/6* crystals) than they were even a year ago. But the Gold payout is not as high, even for someone who grinds almost all arena (except 3*) regularly and has a sigil.

Remember after we got Cavalier status, we got access to better odds of receiving 5/6* champs? Remember that happening to the UC Gold crystals or the UC Arena crystals? Nope, not me.
    But are you ranking each new champ to full rank 1? Are you pumping ISO into all new 4/5/6* champs to level 25?
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

In essence, even if you grind arena A LOT, you dont have enough access to gold than you do to the rankup resources you now receive.

Define "a lot." I grind moderately, which is to say I snag the 5* featured 10% shard rank, and sometimes milestones from the other arenas. Probably on average 40-50 rounds a day. I have over 100 million gold. There were times in the past I used to grind more, but even now my gold still goes up over time.

In fact at my current rank up rate my gold would go up (slowly, but still upward) if I didn't buy any arena crystals with BC. I know this because I spent all of 2019 hoarding BC to conduct a crystal opening experiment, and my gold was *still* going upward throughout the year. I could easily support a rank up rate twice as high as I do. It is possible there exist players that gain rank up crystals more than twice as fast as I do, but there are also arena grinders that grind arena more than twice as much as I do as well. The opportunity exists to earn gold comparable to earning other rank up materials. You may not want to do it, but then again lots of players don't want to do what it takes to gain catalysts at a super high rate, like run AQ6/7. We don't say there needs to be a way to earn catalysts just as fast as an AQ6/7 alliance, but that a solo player could do without doing things they don't like to do and without spending more time than they want.

It is completely arbitrary that we say "forcing" people to grind arena is wrong, but "forcing" them to do map 6/7 is fine. I'll bet that a comparable number of players burn out on high AQ as do arena grinding. In fact I'll bet more players have quit the game over being pressured into high AQ than have quit because they didn't want to grind arena.
    People like you had massive amounts of gold before 6* and more rankup materials came out. People that had gold reserves before the content became more rewarding would always have gold.
    It’s like generational wealth, only an idiot would blow it all away. If you weren’t setup like that, you’ll always be playing catch-up.
  • Options
    I know someone said this earlier but if the level cap wasnt to be increased we could have like 2 50% xp boost convert into like a 20% gold boost to last for the same amount of time as 1 50% xp boost.
  • Options
    gohard123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

In essence, even if you grind arena A LOT, you dont have enough access to gold than you do to the rankup resources you now receive.

Define "a lot." I grind moderately, which is to say I snag the 5* featured 10% shard rank, and sometimes milestones from the other arenas. Probably on average 40-50 rounds a day. I have over 100 million gold. There were times in the past I used to grind more, but even now my gold still goes up over time.

In fact at my current rank up rate my gold would go up (slowly, but still upward) if I didn't buy any arena crystals with BC. I know this because I spent all of 2019 hoarding BC to conduct a crystal opening experiment, and my gold was *still* going upward throughout the year. I could easily support a rank up rate twice as high as I do. It is possible there exist players that gain rank up crystals more than twice as fast as I do, but there are also arena grinders that grind arena more than twice as much as I do as well. The opportunity exists to earn gold comparable to earning other rank up materials. You may not want to do it, but then again lots of players don't want to do what it takes to gain catalysts at a super high rate, like run AQ6/7. We don't say there needs to be a way to earn catalysts just as fast as an AQ6/7 alliance, but that a solo player could do without doing things they don't like to do and without spending more time than they want.

It is completely arbitrary that we say "forcing" people to grind arena is wrong, but "forcing" them to do map 6/7 is fine. I'll bet that a comparable number of players burn out on high AQ as do arena grinding. In fact I'll bet more players have quit the game over being pressured into high AQ than have quit because they didn't want to grind arena.
    People like you had massive amounts of gold before 6* and more rankup materials came out. People that had gold reserves before the content became more rewarding would always have gold.
    It’s like generational wealth, only an idiot would blow it all away. If you weren’t setup like that, you’ll always be playing catch-up.
    People who are rich aren't just rich because they had money. They're rich because they save it and spend it wisely.
  • Options
    Granted, I know there are people who are born into money, but I had a point. Lol.
  • Options
    gohard123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

Its not like gold earns interest. The fact that my gold keeps going up has nothing to do with how much gold I had in the past. When 6* champs first came out, I had about 35 million gold. Let's use the wayback machine (aka Google Photos) to see what my gold trajectory has been:

The I12 arena restructuring was basically the trend-setter: it dramatically increased gold earning for me, and I presume most arena grinders. Since then nothing has disrupted the upward trend. Not even *not opening arena crystals at all for a year* stopped the upward trend. And I grind less now than I did a year ago or two years ago.
  • Options
    I will say in a lot of cases it's easy for ppl that have been playing for years to say there isn't a gold problem. In most situations they already have the majority of champs ranked up. The only ones they have to worry about are the new champs and 6* champs. Newer players still have all champs needing ranked up because they are growing their roster compared to the older players who already have a well established amount of champs ranked up.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

Not really, over the last 1.5 years, AQ rewards have been updated twice and AW maybe 3 times? Gold only received 1 update. So the facts suggest that rank up resources are more accessible than Gold. I dont take every champ to R2/R3, only the ones I feel are useful even at R3 and those are usually 1 in 6-7 crystal openings.

You cant disagree with the fact that Rank up Resources are more accessible (as well as 5/6* crystals) than they were even a year ago. But the Gold payout is not as high, even for someone who grinds almost all arena (except 3*) regularly and has a sigil.

Remember after we got Cavalier status, we got access to better odds of receiving 5/6* champs? Remember that happening to the UC Gold crystals or the UC Arena crystals? Nope, not me.
    But are you ranking each new champ to full rank 1? Are you pumping ISO into all new 4/5/6* champs to level 25?
    Yes, but only during the Lvl up event which is 1-2 times a week at most. I only get 6* once in 6-8 weeks.
    That'll put a dent in it right there. Doing every Level-Up will deplete Gold.
  • Options
    I never aimed to do every Level-Up. If I had Ranking, sometimes I'd wait to match it up, but never as an absolute, and never aimed to do every one.
  • Options
    It depends what u are spending the gold on. Leveling a 6* champ costs a lot more than a 5*. Leveling a 6* is roughly 530k.