**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold problem

Comments

• Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Gold isn't an issue for me personally, but it may be because I don't rank up any and every champ. I only rank champs that I feel like using. I know a few of my mates are always low on gold as they want to rank and level up every champ they pull. To each their own
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

XAMA said:

Gold is still a problem if you don't play Arena everyday...like me.
    Early player here with 2m account. I retired for burn out already once and don't want to go down that route again. Now back after 9 months and enjoying several improvements in the game, related to game quality-of-life especially!

I like how other resources are becoming more available through different ways...it would be amazing to see some creative solution to gain gold...I'm full of catalysts and no gold to rank/level up

@ "Kabam Miike" @ "Kabam Vydious"

Bruh
    Hey, 5 months old thread necro is far better than what we've seen before.
    +12 months.
    Still better than others we've seen 🤣
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    I have 18m gold it isn't a problem
    Iso on to other hand.... 0
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 545 ★★★

Mike192 said:

There's a very simple solution to Gold - Arena, or Units. Just because you don't like the solutions, doesn't mean they're not there.

You don't have to do ridiculous arena grinds with any kind of regularity to build up Battlechips fairly quickly, not to mention the potential to sell ISO from duping champions as well as various Gold Crystals.

I have been doing Arena, 4* 5* featured and 4* basic as well for 5 months now and still have gold problem.

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

I go for UC Arena crystals. Still not enough gold
    Funny, I don't do anywhere near that much, and I'm sitting easily on 4m with a stockpile of a few hundred gold crystals of various levels to open when the next Gold boost happens.
    I only match that in 5* featured and the catalyst arenas, and I'm sitting on 69 (nice) million gold, and I rank up champs all the time and never make a dent in that number, plus I'm sitting on thousands of gold crystals.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    theres 2 types of people in mcoc,

-those with 100mil gold and 20+ r3 6* and hoarded crystals of 5000 or more
    then theres
    -gold under 1mill 1-5 r3 6* and living on a "day by day" with crystals and resources lol

can you guess which of these spends or spends more than the average player.

you could always allow alliance members to donate gold to each other but i know that opens a lot of doors to alt accounts and "exploits"
    or maybe give more gold opportunities without having to spend on sigil or special offers(obviously have people work for the gold, just make it more abundant. and arena is not the best place for the average player to get gold, many people dont have 3-10 hours to grind for below average gold)
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★

then theres
    -gold under 1mill 1-5 r3 6* and living on a "day by day" with crystals and resources lol

you could always allow alliance members to donate gold to each other but i know that opens a lot of doors to alt accounts and "exploits"
    or maybe give more gold opportunities without having to spend on sigil or special offers(obviously have people work for the gold, just make it more abundant. and arena is not the best place for the average player to get gold, many people dont have 3-10 hours to grind for below average gold)

I always had gold problems until last year july fourth. I spent and got millions of gold and havent had a problem since. I have hundreds of gold crystals waiting until gold boosts, and I never dip below 3 mil. Normaly hang around 4.5 mill.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

then theres

I never run out of Gold. I don't spend that much. Resource management is part of the game.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I don’t spend in my alt account or grind at all. It has 2 R3 and it’s sitting in 14m gold. Used to be 22m though but rank up some of these 5* to R5 and 6* to R2 took a toll. Now very low on iso too.
  • Options

then theres

I never run out of Gold. I don't spend that much. Resource management is part of the game.
    yea i hear ya, personally got 10+ 6* super god tier champs in the past month and tryna get as many r2. gold runs low when constantly ranking champs. im sure i had 10mil+ gold at some points here and there but the more champs are added and more content changes around more champs are needed right. just some food for thought not every one has the same good problems or bad problems, just some ideas to help around.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

then theres

It is a myth that you have to spend a lot to have a lot of gold. You can spend time playing the game or you can spend money on the game or you can do both. People who do both tend to have the most stuff. People who do at least one tend to do okay. People who do neither tend to run into resource constraints, but it is asking a lot for players who don't spend time grinding the game and who don't spend money supporting the game to have all the resources they want.
    well yea thats why i never said youd have to spend "a lot" to have that gold, i do my fair share of supporting my hobby of playing the game but if you read my last comment, youll see some people have good reasons on running out of gold. some people are lazy yea i know that some people just have great luck and need more stuff more than others.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I have gold problem 2 years ago, always run out of gold as my 5* roster keep growing. Then Kabam launch Sigil and I bought few months and see if it works, but no luck. Subsequently I change my rank up pattern and gold start accumulating, then up to a point it becomes self-sustaining.

Now I’m sitting with 30m gold and 1000+ gold crystals, and 2000+ tier 3/4/5 ISO. I rank up whatever champ I collect now.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Ohhh a Feb 2020 thread…

Gold’s still not an issue though.

(Still don’t spend on Cavs, and didn’t buy any odins for July 4th, only the 3 SL Bag for the 6* Stones)
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

then theres

It is a myth that you have to spend a lot to have a lot of gold. You can spend time playing the game or you can spend money on the game or you can do both. People who do both tend to have the most stuff. People who do at least one tend to do okay. People who do neither tend to run into resource constraints, but it is asking a lot for players who don't spend time grinding the game and who don't spend money supporting the game to have all the resources they want.
    well yea thats why i never said youd have to spend "a lot" to have that gold, i do my fair share of supporting my hobby of playing the game but if you read my last comment, youll see some people have good reasons on running out of gold. some people are lazy yea i know that some people just have great luck and need more stuff more than others.
    Actually, they don’t have any good reasons for running out of gold. The most common reasons are:
    - don’t do arena
    - not regulating their rank ups to a level at which their gold intake can support

Both of which are “them” problems with regards to either “laziness” or “resource management”, as well as the expectation to bring up who they want whenever they want and to be given all the resources to do so by the game.
  • Options
    xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

then theres

Actually, they don’t have any good reasons for running out of gold. The most common reasons are:
    - don’t do arena
    - not regulating their rank ups to a level at which their gold intake can support

Both of which are “them” problems with regards to either “laziness” or “resource management”, as well as the expectation to bring up who they want whenever they want and to be given all the resources to do so by the game.
    narrowing it down to laziness or management is pretty lazy to a problem and not a solution lol you can argue those who blame people for lack of resources are the lazier people, cause they dont contribute to a better solution for all players not just those who spend "a lot" or slave away in arena. but ill take into consideration
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

then theres

- don’t do arena

narrowing it down to laziness or management is pretty lazy to a problem and not a solution lol you can argue those who blame people for lack of resources are the lazier people, cause they dont contribute to a better solution for all players not just those who spend "a lot" or slave away in arena. but ill take into consideration
    Management is the issue. There is a constant flow of Gold available in the game. Many people have Gold. It's a matter of spending it faster than it's made.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

then theres

I don't have three to ten hours a day consistently to grind the game either. I have more gold than probably 99% of all actual alliance treasuries. I probably have more gold than most alliances do within their members inventories.

When you get down to it, there's basically one reason why anyone runs out of gold. They kept spending resources until they ran out of something, and for them it was gold. Whether a player plays for three hours a day or three hours a month, it isn't just earning less gold that causes a player to run out of gold. It is really an imbalance in how they earn new champions vs catalysts vs ISO vs gold. The reason why arena grinders tend to not be short of gold is not because there's a ton of gold in the arenas, but rather that there's relatively little catalysts in the arenas. If an arena grinder is going to run out of something, it is much more likely to be catalysts than gold. It is the ratio of resources that matters.

Giving players more gold only moves the shortage elsewhere. If a player is able to burn all their resources up to the point they run out of gold, I'm pretty sure if you handed them a ton of gold they would be able to burn all their resources up to the point where they ran out of something else besides gold. And then there would be a different "shortage" that the game would have to address. This never ends.
  • Options
    I have lack of T4B.. lol. What @DNA3000 said is true. 😂
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Oooof a necro.

There's enough gold now. It's super easy to get with incursions, variants, content, arenas, bits and bobs from calendars,etc. Plus if you hoard all your gold crystals for the gold boost, you can get massive amounts of gold that can last a long time. There is no complaint now. If you are busy r5ing and r2ing champs on a daily basis, you'll obviously face gold shortage and that's on you.
  • Options
    dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    I've been having a gold problem recently too, and really needed it to rank up my Warlock for act 6 Crossbones, and one easy method of gaining gold I found was Incursions. It is so easy to gather gold from the milestones, and they really stack up....
  • Options

☹️
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

☹️

Wow….I see 6*r4 coming soon.
  • Options
    Nah. Haven’t bought any cash deals containing those cats so I doubt it’ll be soon. Still got 2 more Carina challenges to go (the moneygrab SL and Inhumans ones).
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

then theres

This myth that you need to live in arena or spend more is really frustrating to hear. I spend max of 2 hrs in arena if I am really free. I just switch on some movie and simply play. You can spend an max of 5 hr per week and have a healthy supply of gold, iso and units from arena. I spend 0 money in game too. I also do incursions regularly which keeps my gold up. It's not that difficult to get gold these days.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I have iso gold and catalysts.. just never at the same time
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I have lack of T4B.. lol. What @DNA3000 said is true. 😂

T4b, t4cc, and t1a slow my rankups more than anything
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    XAMA said:

Gold is still a problem if you don't play Arena everyday...like me.
    Early player here with 2m account. I retired for burn out already once and don't want to go down that route again. Now back after 9 months and enjoying several improvements in the game, related to game quality-of-life especially!

I like how other resources are becoming more available through different ways...it would be amazing to see some creative solution to gain gold...I'm full of catalysts and no gold to rank/level up

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Just writing down my opinion/point of view in a constructive way.

If you guys don't agree, can click on the "disagree" icon, don't need to spam the thread with pointless "bruh" reactions.
    If you have ideas or suggestions, it would be great to hear them.
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    edited July 2021
    I agree with @DNA3000 on one point. It's about balance.

We have now more ways to get catalysts for example. And shards.
    But starting from the ground up again with a new account I realized gold is still a rare resource.
    I didn't notice this problem before, with my old 2M big account (used to have 50-90M gold).

Just some ideas for balance:

We should get A LOT more gold for duping a 5 or 6* champ.

Respecting the tiers, Kabam could revamp some of the very old events and loyalty crystals, to offer a substantial higher amount based on player progression.

To allow each user to customize their experience based on their needs, it would be nice to buy gold packages with glory and/or loyalty for example.