**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So you like the idea of revives and restores being specialized for aq and war limiting their use to

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★

So you like the idea of revives and restores being specialized for aq and war limiting their use to 61 votes

Yes
6%
GroundedWisdomX_Factor_AgentDuck_of_DoomMomoAkaMaurice 4 votes
No
86%
Crine60BigPoppaCBONETheJalliBigMoThe_OneLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterAjavedbloodyCainAce_03RapPrimmer79Manup456ForwardSMRkaAngelfire_TNORLvernon15Mqc19ThecurlerMonk1 53 votes
Makes me want to quit!
6%
OnmixEkmon1DonrefreMasterpuff 4 votes

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    No
    Sorry, the entire question didn't show and i never posted a poll before, but i am very bothered by this segregating boosts and revives and restores into event specific use...kabam gets accused of squeeze plays all the time and they really wonder why??? We are constantly suspicious of changes like these?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Too many words. I'm just gonna keep playing AQ as normal
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Do I like it? Wouldn't say like. It's fine by me. The old ones are still interchangeable.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Do I like the idea? Actually yes, I like the idea. I don't in general like arbitrary limits, as no one does, but the *idea* of making potions with limited uses is that when you have a potion that can be used everywhere, it has to be balanced for all of those use cases, and generally has to be set based on the harshest criteria. If the devs are willing to allow potions of a certain strength in single player content but not in competitive multiplayer content then potions that can be used in both will have to be lower to meet the multiplayer criteria. That hurts players who use those potions because they will always cost more and be weaker than they could be.

The option everyone wants is to make potions that are super strong for one game mode, and then get to use them everywhere. But that's not how this works. Either you have a potion that works in one game mode and a different potion that works in a different game mode and then each can be balanced independently for that respective mode, or you have one potion that works everywhere and its cost will be the highest of all the criteria it must follow and its strength will be the lowest of all the criteria it must follow.

If single player content potions were made usable in alliance modes, we wouldn't have more alliance potions we'd have less single player potions. Because the devs would take away our ability to grind for those or buy them cheaply. So allowing them to be used in all content would actually be horrible for players.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The option everyone wants is to make potions that are super strong for one game mode, and then get to use them everywhere.

I somewhat agree with you. However, you seem to overstep, in my opinion.

My ideal would be weaker potions that can be used anywhere and stronger specialized ones that are restricted to a given game mode. However, I'd like them both to be purchasable for things other than units. Right now, the super strong potions are only available for units, while the generic can be bought for glory or loyalty as well, or even pulled from certain crystals.

If the stronger potions were also available for glory, even if they were still only usable in that one game mode, that would make things much better.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    No
    No...it is real simple! instead of letting you store more types of items to "quote un quote" increase your ability to store items of that type, to which I say bull! It quite really is simple...increase the number we can hold in our supply locker...done deal! They just don't like that we are able to alternate their use...and are looking for yet one more profit center...shatter it, divide out into "special use" and sell it! It is all part and parcel of this becoming a pay to win ghost town...as the lack of one thing that has been a profit center has to be adjusted to be more available something must needs take it's place...they are having to give us more in game so they are looking for things to take away that can be sold back to us...disguise of "giving" us something...more revives and restores in our storage locker.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    No
    I can see that KABAM is trying to slowly remove the old Alliance potions and revives that are usable to both AQ and AW. Maybe in next 2-3 years.

You know what that means to them? $$$
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    No
    If they’d buffed glory potions in the process, or made them cheaper I wouldn’t have minded but they didn’t, which was a massive disappointment, especially as someone who far prefers the competitive element of AW over AQ (I know the loot ratio between the two is poor but I don’t have the gold to rank everybody up anyway).
  • Mcoc_gamer_481Mcoc_gamer_481 Posts: 62
    No
    They’re kind of pointless imo, I haven’t seen anyone buy them with units, everyone just uses glory since it’s free
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    No
    Never mind the idea behind making different items for different modes of gameplay... as if we need more things to clutter our inventory and boosts