**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Matchmaking unfair [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @Sugoi_Dubai who are you fighting right now?
  • Options
    WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    The free lunch is over. Earn your AW rating or watch it fall to where it belongs.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Nazzy12 said:

Hello everyone! i want to ask if there was a problem with war matchups ! m alliance raiting is 16mill and the opponent is 26 mill this is unfair , they are very strong and there is no way t win them ! i think is unfair match making !
    i just want t discuss if we are the only one who have the same problem at this war !
    thanks

yes mans, its in our alliance also, 2M vs 13M..
    How we get match up with much much bigger alliance rating....Remind me a movie "god may be crazy"

..lol….

You have no business having a 1,100 war rating. If kabam continue to match on war rating only, AS THEY SHOULD, then you may have to prepare to get rofflestomped in multiple wars, until you find your level.
  • Options
    hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    Same here. We're getting killed by their multiple 5/65 and 6/35 champs on offense and defense.

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Agentk100 said:

TP33 said:

Agentk100 said:

It’s because they have a similar war rating it’s a fair matchup unless it’s the case of they started a new ally and are climbing up in that scenario that’s just bad luck

But matchmaking should take more into account than war rating, taking into account rating and average member rating/prestige would probably fix all the problems currently in AW. Also for all of its stresses/BS the rewards aren’t really good enough
    That actually causes way more problems
    Prestige has been a factor in aw until very recently and it’s allowed low prestige allies to get into master/plat without facing any allies that actually belong there due to their low prestige
    Yes but if we put together prestige, war rating and rating together I don’t see much room for error. If I’m really honest they should just match up with the 2 ally’s above and below it in the leaderboard and then check if the rating difference is over 1/2 mil, after that pair the allies that are left with each other
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Is AW the topic of the day? Please say no. If so, what's the topic tomorrow? I need to know this.

Good be worse topics of the day
    really? like what?
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Got the same today, AW needs a revamp, you know what I’m going to make a massive thread about it right now
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

It looks like they’ve changed the matchmaking to only take war rating into account where before prestige was a huge factor. It’s going to be a bumpy couple of weeks but when it settles down you’re going to be fighting alliances who are
    A - whales but rubbish
    B - not whales but very good

If you’re at the top of the tree, most likely Whales who are very good, but then if you’re there chances are you’re also going to be a whale who’s very good.

Up until this point there have effectively been two seasons running parallel that I dubbed whale wars and baby wars. NoName fall into the baby category- low prestige, undoubtedly very good players but can’t kick it with the true giants. Now they’ve made it War rating only it’s going to let all the alliances fight each other and let the chips fall where they may but there will be no false war rating by the end of next season if this is permanent (assuming it’s probably take around 5-10 wars to start to level out).

It will take more than a season to even out more than likely, especially with ratings frozen in off-season. Since they'll be matched with similarly rated alliances the rating loss per war won't be huge. It will take a while for alliances like NoName who I think are around 3400 to actually level out.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

Forget war, it ain't worth it. AQ all the way baby

Yeah I stopped playing AW and focusing on AQ after the glory store updates
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    It's going to take many seasons to level out if the war rating adjustments are kept are +50/-8 for these types of matches. They need to do a straight up +50/-50 if they want war ratings to normalize quicker.
  • Options
    TangywolfTangywolf Posts: 27
    Galaxy76 said:

It shouldn't be only based on war rating...kabam should consider alliance rating too.

Alliance rating no. Prestige yes!
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

AW matchmaking should be based on war rating only. Have no idea why they added prestige in the equation. It is not fair when there were alliances with lower prestige in Masters and none of the high rating alliances could fight them. Any alliance wants to be in Masters should fight master alliances.

I know why because those master alliances we're using old retired shell alliances with high War ratings to manipulate the matchmaking system to give them easy wins that's why they started using prestige. So if you'd like to thank anybody let's think the guys at the top that can't play fair
  • Options
    Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    edited April 2020

So we are a facing a platinum level ally, they have rating better then us and 33 deaths on one single defender, I mean a true platinum ally can't afford such terrible performance, unless they don't belong there and are taking the spot of better alliances
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

Well, our six million alliance really just got matched with a 28 million alliance for war. Thank you Kabam, for your fair matchmaking in war.

Same thing happened to my ally. We crushed the other team, and I am sure they're pissed, and I would be, too. They had no chance, with only four stars and even a three star defender, and our ally running 5/65s and 6 stars.

I am not sure what happened with today's AW, but with the large number of complaints in the forums, something was changed with the matchmaking. If it was only one or two alliances complaining, I would dismiss it, but this seems widespread.
  • Options
    IamFlashJLIamFlashJL Posts: 30

We are only a 6M ally and they are 18M
  • Options
    rock65xrock65x Posts: 25

We have been trying sooo hard to get to Gold status. We were Gold3, we WON and somehow we got demoted to silver. That’s another complaint though...

Please take a look at this Matchup you guys arranged. Our opponent more than doubles our rating, is a Gold 2 and they are destroying us in this War. This is NOT FAIR. why would the game match us up so unequally???? I demand an explanation, want this war to not count against us and compensation for all the resources we wasted fighting a war that was lost before we even started.
  • Options
    GoatzukyGoatzuky Posts: 1

Our rating is only 6M and their rating is 18M
  • Options
    GoatzukyGoatzuky Posts: 1
    This is unfair. Kabam please look into it
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    ya this is a huge problem right now. my alliance got paired up against three plat 1 alliances and we are losing to a plat 2 cause they have r3 and r2 6*s and r5 5*s
  • Options
    rock65xrock65x Posts: 25
    edited April 2020

We’re fighting our butts off, riding the line between Silver 1 and Gold 3, which changes every war - if we win or lose. Now this crapp? Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    pheonixcreatorpheonixcreator Posts: 69
    I know same I found myself having to take on a 5 star r 4 IMIW with a 4 star yondu !
  • Options
    pheonixcreatorpheonixcreator Posts: 69
    Some balancing really needs to be added
This discussion has been closed.