**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deadpool's Spring Cleaning Discussion

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm going to wait to see what the offers are before I hold my judgement. The only thing I need now is 6 star generic sig stones.
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Okaythen said:

This offer is much like our regular offers that are only available for purchasable with your local currency, but with a little more customization.

I don’t think you got the point of the thread
    No way for F2p to enjoy or even work for
    We know that it’s going to be purchased with local currency how else would the unit store work
    We definitely took all kinds of players into account when we came up with this. We didn't want to say it in the message because there isn't enough context, but we're going to give everybody a small number of Doubloons that they can use for one or two of the smaller bundles, or to exchange for Gold. We don't want anybody to be left out, but this is a more customizable version of our regular offers.

Obviously, you Summoners who choose to purchase Unit bundles are going to get much more, but we planned to make sure everyone was able to participate.
    That is great to hear
    I hope you understand how easily it was to think it was not going to buy only
    Limiting your message with phrases like
    “ these will not be available for units”
    “Limited time unit bundles”
    “Acquired valuable rewards.. including awakening gems, and nexus crystals”
    Really makes it seem like it will be exclusive to higher level purchases
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Okaythen said:

Okaythen said:

This offer is much like our regular offers that are only available for purchasable with your local currency, but with a little more customization.

We know that it’s going to be purchased with local currency how else would the unit store work
    We definitely took all kinds of players into account when we came up with this. We didn't want to say it in the message because there isn't enough context, but we're going to give everybody a small number of Doubloons that they can use for one or two of the smaller bundles, or to exchange for Gold. We don't want anybody to be left out, but this is a more customizable version of our regular offers.

Obviously, you Summoners who choose to purchase Unit bundles are going to get much more, but we planned to make sure everyone was able to participate.
    That is great to hear
    I hope you understand how easily it was to think it was not going to buy only
    Limiting your message with phrases like
    “ these will not be available for units”
    “Limited time unit bundles”
    “Acquired valuable rewards.. including awakening gems, and nexus crystals”
    Really makes it seem like it will be exclusive to higher level purchases
    agreed this clears things up way more now.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Okaythen said:

Well then I have no further complaints
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Okaythen said:

Ok, that's all we wanted.
    we were confused because the mail we received only said summoners would receive Doubloons from Unit bundles
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Were you guys really throwing a hissy fit bc they called an offer an event? And then you walk it back bc you're "included" and can probably get some items you have absolutely no use for? Yikes

Explain exactly what item someone who pays can use that an ftp cant
    If you think someone f2p is going to get enough of the currency to actually get anything valuable then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

You're going to get a miniscule amount of currency to get something so that you don't feel excluded but if you think you're getting f2p awakening gems and the like all I can do is laugh.

There's no point in selling something if someone can get it for free with the same amount (none) of effort.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Were you guys really throwing a hissy fit bc they called an offer an event? And then you walk it back bc you're "included" and can probably get some items you have absolutely no use for? Yikes

If you think someone f2p is going to get enough of the currency to actually get anything valuable then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

You're going to get a miniscule amount of currency to get something so that you don't feel excluded but if you think you're getting f2p awakening gems and the like all I can do is laugh.

There's no point in selling something if someone can get it for free with the same amount (none) of effort.
    If they give me 69 gold for free, I'm all for it. Free stuff is free stuff. There is no complaining about it. Whatever it is, I'm sure at least a couple people(me included) would be grateful
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

If they give me 69 gold for free, I'm all for it. Free stuff is free stuff. There is no complaining about it. Whatever it is, I'm sure at least a couple people(me included) would be grateful
    That may be the case and is how it should be. I have no idea what will be offered and for what cost but from the sound of it, this basically seems like your standard cash offer except with a small amount of choice in what you want to buy.

People getting upset about that bc they're left out of an "event" are insane
  • Options
    BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81

I hope you add 1* Deadpool to the store, and give all f2p players the choice to purchase him with those free Doubloons.
    1* Deadpool is definitely not game breaking even for Variant 4.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i think sometimes people forget that behind the game are people with families. people with lives. people with very real responsibilities that are being paid for their skills and in turn there needs to be a flow of income for Kabam to pay said people.

NO ONE has to spend but i'm sure the employees and their families are very grateful that a lot of people do. In-game purchases don't account for all of their income but it certainly helps to keep families fed and lights on for a lot of folks.

i appreciate the game for what it is ... fun. and naturally in any game with micro-transactions, paying $ gets you more/better skins (in this case better rank up stuff, champs etc and such) etc.

just a side note.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Oh c'mon guys, deadpool needs money too, how else he gonna make another event without it ? Also he has been trapped because the House's drama things, let this guy have some fun
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Well it's been confirmed that we get some doubloons for ftee so I'm glad that that happened and feel silly now.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    If there was a free way too grind out and get the doubloons, then it would be ok. But a currency that you have to buy with cash offers never ends well.
  • Options

If there was a free way too grind out and get the doubloons, then it would be ok. But a currency that you have to buy with cash offers never ends well.

They are giving out a small amount of doubloons for free so it's all good.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE i tag you just because youve been vocal and id like your input.

We have $$$ offers where you can choose your class.

This offer equates to $$$ offers where you can choose your reward.

Why is this so different? Dont get me wrong, i acknowledge it is still a $$$ for rewards thing, but we already do this. This just provides those that spent for more freedom to spend their $$$. and before you push back, FTP players can spend their units on all sorts of unit offers that paying players dont have access to. In order to have access to it, they have to buy units, to then buy the offer. Any FTP offer will never be the same as $$$ when those who pay $$$ will be able to afford units for the offers.

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    If you think a special Deadpool deal is worth buying then buy it, if you don’t, then don’t buy it. People out here with their lip out about having to spend money on the game to participate like they could never ever possibly buy anything even with their life on the line. If you choose to not ever spend money on the game no matter what, you make that choice daily and you live with the consequences. It’s just as easy for you to change your mind and buy any offer if you like it enough. Everyone is FTP until they buy something in the game and you don’t get extra special rewards at the end if you never do. You just knowingly eliminate some opportunities in exchange for your personal satisfaction of being Tight with a Buck Cool Guy 😎.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I guess this is like the gifting event, in the sense that you are encouraged to spend cash for an in game event but, obviously the gifting event is accessible to f2p players who have units.

Since the gifting event cannot happen again in the format it has typically been in, some other event needs to take it's place......

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple of other small events that are linked to the unit store, testing the water for the holiday season and what would work well.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Man if only the people who disagreed could explain why

They spend money that is why they disagree as a ftp I agree with you on this
    I spend, but I disagree for other reasons. Although I didn't hit the Button. I always use my words. Lol.
    There's always going to be something that's sold which is not available without spending. That's just part of having a game where F2P and spenders both play. People are always going to want what's only available for cash.
    We already have Sigil. That's already good enough for spending. Making more spending-exclusive things is just greedy.
    I never understand the greedy idea. Companies don't function like that. There is no point at which they think "well, we've made enough money, any more would be greedy" lol
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    After this month I think I can bear an pay to play "event".
  • Options

Primmer79 said:

i tag you just because youve been vocal and id like your input.

Why is this so different? Dont get me wrong, i acknowledge it is still a $$$ for rewards thing, but we already do this. This just provides those that spent for more freedom to spend their $$$. and before you push back, FTP players can spend their units on all sorts of unit offers that paying players dont have access to. In order to have access to it, they have to buy units, to then buy the offer. Any FTP offer will never be the same as $$$ when those who pay $$$ will be able to afford units for the offers.

I feel like I'm on the exact same page as OP on this one, so let me try to explain:

There was never an issue with this being an offer per se. This thread was never supposed to be either a quarrel between f2p and spenders, nor a greedy post asking for free stuff.

This whole thing was announced as a "special event", which is a term that's normally used for content (in the broader sense) that includes the community as a whole. From the message itself it looked like this special event however will only allow participation through buying cash offers, which was simply a disheartening thought, not because f2p players don't get anything out of this, but simply because we're left out of a special event.

Think about the gifting event or the acorn event. Both allowed and even encouraged spending to a degree, but they still included the whole playerbase.

Events should be something for the community to enjoy together. And cash offers are nothing to frown upon generally and I as well as OP (I suppose) are absolutely alright with people having an appropriate advantage for spending money in this game.

This was never meant to be a debate about f2p vs spending. Absolutely not. It's the exact opposite. It's about all of us enjoying this game together.

Hope that clears things up.
    So is the issue with how the framed the "event"? basically as something you could only participate in if you spend?

so if they didn't announce it and just put the offers out there, this wouldn't be an issue?

Thanks for your answer
  • Options

Primmer79 said:

Primmer79 said:

i tag you just because youve been vocal and id like your input.

I feel like I'm on the exact same page as OP on this one, so let me try to explain:

There was never an issue with this being an offer per se. This thread was never supposed to be either a quarrel between f2p and spenders, nor a greedy post asking for free stuff.

This whole thing was announced as a "special event", which is a term that's normally used for content (in the broader sense) that includes the community as a whole. From the message itself it looked like this special event however will only allow participation through buying cash offers, which was simply a disheartening thought, not because f2p players don't get anything out of this, but simply because we're left out of a special event.

Think about the gifting event or the acorn event. Both allowed and even encouraged spending to a degree, but they still included the whole playerbase.

Events should be something for the community to enjoy together. And cash offers are nothing to frown upon generally and I as well as OP (I suppose) are absolutely alright with people having an appropriate advantage for spending money in this game.

This was never meant to be a debate about f2p vs spending. Absolutely not. It's the exact opposite. It's about all of us enjoying this game together.

Hope that clears things up.
    So is the issue with how the framed the "event"? basically as something you could only participate in if you spend?

so if they didn't announce it and just put the offers out there, this wouldn't be an issue?

Thanks for your answer
    More like if they didn't announce it as a "special event".

The 4th of july deals or cyber monday stuff and all that also get announced via in-game message and I'd never see a problem with that. But calling those for example a "special event" would in my eyes water down what that term currently implies in game.

They don't need to hide their offers or make them extra bland or something like that. They can even theme them however they like, be it christmas themed, deadpool themed, etc.

I just think there should be things in this game we all can be excited about when they get announced, no matter our spending behavior or current financial status.

If they announce a deal or an offer for example then everyone knows what to expect. However, if they for example announce the next 4th of july deals as something like "special 4th of july captain america sales event", then naturally I'd expect there to be something more eventish to that than usual.

You see, I don't want to draw a clear line between f2p and spending players. That'd be silly, since cash offers etc. are really important for this game. I'd just like to have a clear line between "this is for the whole community regardless" and "this is a (hopefully cool) offer you can buy if you like to".

Overall kabam does a good job at keeping the spending in this game obviously optional but overall profitable and enjoyable. I'd simply like to keep this status quo.
    I dont disagree. I guess I am just confused because their original message made it clear you would have to buy stuff to do this, akin to saying "special 4th of july captain america sales event" yet we have this thread.

I do spend some money on this game, but I thoroughly enjoy events like the acorn stuff or rockets scrapyard where you dont HAVE to spend.
  • Options
    L79GL79G Posts: 43
    So everyone will be able to buy a small bundle...
    I only hope that the small bundle will be differentiated between the different titles in game.
    As Cavalier I really don’t need a summoner level 20 bundle.

There are a lot of other reward in game that for Uncollected and Cavalier are complete rubbish and need to be updated.
  • Options
    Mjolinar said:

Get over it. How entitled are you? You just found out f2p gets something free when it wasn’t expected at all, and you throw out this bs? Free is free. If it’s not good enough for you, either pony up the cash or don’t claim based on how below your awesomeness is.

For what it’s worth, Cavalier here as well. Will gladly accept the gifts.

.... What dude this was made before they confirmed they would be giving out free doubloons to everyone. It was literally confirmed in a comment in this thread.