**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mojo is too much

simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I appreciate the variety of characters and I kind of understand the increasing difficulty of facing them, but in my opinion Mojo is too much.
Facing him is not only a matter of skills, but a combination of luck, skills and character (and boost) availability.

I know that some people will come and say that he just need a skilled player to beat him. I shotted him on the boss node in tier-1 AW with Magik and boost so I know that, but it happened once, and I was lucky that I got the right ”missions” not to accomplish.

When it happens that if you block you activate the aura, then you cannot hit him to avoid degeneration, then he says you not to dash back, but you must do it to avoid the heavy. By doing it you reactivate the aura, and then you cannot hit him again in order to avoid the degeneration. Now you’re in the left corner and the next task is not to hold the block, so it’s the same routine. And until this point no “safe hits” have been landed.

I know that by taking away dexterity is easier, but that’s not the point. Even facing Korg without dexterity is easier, but you can still face him with dexterity on, accepting it to be harder. In this case it is not harder, it’s impossible if the odds are against you.

That’s my opinion: he needs a rework.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    simolaz said:

simolaz said:

1) I don’t have Quake
    2) Try to Quake him on the boss node. Enjoy.
    it was a joke
    Yeah I know... I’m frustrated by the fact that I don’t have Quake, Void and Aegon.
    So each time I hear about them I get angry! XD
    You’ll pull them eventually, don’t worry. At least you have a Ghost, no?
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

simolaz said:

simolaz said:

1) I don’t have Quake
    2) Try to Quake him on the boss node. Enjoy.
    it was a joke
    Yeah I know... I’m frustrated by the fact that I don’t have Quake, Void and Aegon.
    So each time I hear about them I get angry! XD
    You’ll pull them eventually, don’t worry. At least you have a Ghost, no?
    At least, yes. And I love her, clearly. But there are some contents that I struggle to get through because I don’t have the 3 mentinioned above. And I am playing since the game has been released.

My 5/65 mojo got an average of 50 kills as an tier 5 aw boss with the flow tactic last season.

He's just ridiculous without the right counter.

I hope that these data reach Kabam.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★
    Mojo isn’t that broken just need rebalancing one a few so u hav few room to get arund as now no what u do u wil ative
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There is a trick to defeating Mojo, remove dexterity and either do not push him to his special 2 or block it if you do. Ask yourself if you want to spend items or ~20 units.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Our BG leader solod him all but once last season in T1. Very tricky fight and I couldn't do it, but I'd say it has more to do with ability and the correct mastery setup than luck
    Knation said:

Our BG leader solod him all but once last season in T1. Very tricky fight and I couldn't do it, but I'd say it has more to do with ability and the correct mastery setup than luck

There is luck involved in his challenges though
    Think we had mojo bosses all but 2 wars. 9 solos out of 10 is a lot of luck

I soloed it myself in T1, that’s not the point.
    How many player can solo him? Is it a right thing?
    simolaz said:

The problem is flow not mojo though...

There is a trick to defeating Mojo, remove dexterity and either do not push him to his special 2 or block it if you do. Ask yourself if you want to spend items or ~20 units.

Is it ok for you to spend 20 units each time you face him as an AW boss? Because to me it’s not.
    Even Korg is easier if you remove dexterity, but at least he is way more doable even with dexterity on.

simolaz said:

The problem is flow not mojo though...
    The combination of the two, to be more precise. But since all the other characters are more manageable even with the flow node, it is not just a flow problem...
    Etjama said:

So you think Mojo is too much but you're not going to say anything about duped Domino? If you have skill and a champ that doesn't really gain many buffs, you can easily get by without taking degen. Doesn't matter who you're using against duped Domino or how skillful you are. You're just screwed no matter what.

Domino is doable with a really wide range of characters. There is really no comparison between Mojo and Domino in my opinion, an not just because I use to play with Ghost.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Etjama said:

So you think Mojo is too much but you're not going to say anything about duped Domino? If you have skill and a champ that doesn't really gain many buffs, you can easily get by without taking degen. Doesn't matter who you're using against duped Domino or how skillful you are. You're just screwed no matter what.

Did someone mention my name?
    I don't care for alliance war I just thought I'd butt in.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Use Claire and destroy him.
  • to solo mojo, you need ps1 and high sig magik. I use a health boost to survive degen if i get it, but i depend on limbo to heal me back up. Always worked so far.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    simolaz said:

Etjama said:

Domino is doable with a really wide range of characters. There is really no comparison between Mojo and Domino in my opinion, an not just because I use to play with Ghost.
    Lol, what do you mean "really wide range of characters"? Not saying she's not doable, but unless you're using a champ that doesn't have any abilities, you're going to take Crit Failure damage. And even then, you can still take it off failed dexterity and Parry procs thanks to her AAR. And sure, some champs are immune to AAR, but those champs also have abilities that only have a chance at success which means they're gonna take Crit Failure anyways. She's so much worse than Mojo. And buddy, Ghost is not a good Domino counter. "Let me phase this attack. Oh ****, her 15% AAR made me fail my phase. Let me attack into her, oh wait, I have a chance to gain Crueltys on basic attacks so every time that fails, I'm going to take a ton of damage. Oh no, now I'm dead. Oops."
    edited May 2020
    Etjama said:

simolaz said:

Etjama said:

Lol, what do you mean "really wide range of characters"? Not saying she's not doable, but unless you're using a champ that doesn't have any abilities, you're going to take Crit Failure damage. And even then, you can still take it off failed dexterity and Parry procs thanks to her AAR. And sure, some champs are immune to AAR, but those champs also have abilities that only have a chance at success which means they're gonna take Crit Failure anyways. She's so much worse than Mojo. And buddy, Ghost is not a good Domino counter. "Let me phase this attack. Oh ****, her 15% AAR made me fail my phase. Let me attack into her, oh wait, I have a chance to gain Crueltys on basic attacks so every time that fails, I'm going to take a ton of damage. Oh no, now I'm dead. Oops."
    Man, I shot Domino in minibosses and bosses since more than a year, Ghost is probably the best counter for her. No one in my alliance loose a single time against her in the final part of the map using Ghost.
    If you are not able to play Ghost in the right way, that’s another point.