Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Did my first Epic entry since I forgot about the class bonus that will appear later. Took the cosmic path and the nodes I had weren’t awful. Mystic ward, ancient knowledge, feats of power. Worst I rolled was masochism, but Doom crushes the entire path. Tigra was a bit annoying to fight because there are so many long animations. Champions scale from about 15k pi to 35k pi, with health hitting mid 100k. Endgame players won’t have any trouble, while those who just got uncollected will have a tough time. Definitely not worth the rewards, but it is what it is I guess
  • Er1308Er1308 Member Posts: 2
    Come on guys ... really ... you know you can do better than that. This are the things that drive people away from the game. This is an awesome game and I believe in you guys. Make it happen please

Example: cavalier and grandmaster crystals, 5&6 sig stones, make us do the job for a 6* A-Gem.

Thanks guys
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    They are easier than last time, at least. These used to have 5/6 buffs per fight
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Member Posts: 243

They are easier than last time, at least. These used to have 5/6 buffs per fight

maybe but they still seem like much harder than recent events. i guess anything asociated with MODOK is a pain in the neck. or at least more of a pain than most stuff
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    @UmbertoDelRio that may not be that much for someone that far in the game, maybe if those were exclusive to people who have completed act 6 but some people at cavalier don’t even have a r5 and only a couple of r4 5*’s. something like that would be way too much for them
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    Did you re-roll the nodes?
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Member Posts: 253 ★★★
    Those 5* sig stones are ridiculously low. I have a full team of rank 5s and it looks like for me to get anywhere near 10k prestige I'm going to actually have to spend money or wait a couple of years.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Member Posts: 231 ★★
    Can someone upload a video on the event? Is this possible with 5* r3 champs?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I agree the rewards are uninspiring, but there's no energy cost, so I'll do it.

I do like that I can get some T2a from the MODOK store. I need some.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    rdxevil said:

Can someone upload a video on the event? Is this possible with 5* r3 champs?

not likely in epic without a real good deal of skill
  • TripticTriptic Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

Certainly harder than May, but nothing insane.

The attack values are pretty ridiculous. If you have a look at act 6.1.6 and the attack values there and compare it to this difficulty, some fights can be about 4-5k higher depending on the champs then champions are in 6.1.6. I expect the boss to be at 11k attack value but not nodes 2 fights in.

Maybe I’m wrong and this content isn’t designed for cavalier players but clearing 6.1 and unlocking epic on the monthly EQ would mean you could tackle epic side quests as well.

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    @UmbertoDelRio yeah you do have a point, this event is probably one of if not the hardest event I have ever seen so it would make sense to have a Premium reward like a r5 gem for like, most of your gold
  • GercasGercas Member Posts: 101 ★★
    Kabam simply drop the ball this month if I got bored of the rifts I can’t imagine enjoying this side quest with those rewards. By the second week it’ll be tedious and probably I’ll skip it by the half of the month
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think the issue is the difficulty compared to the rewards. For this type of effort daily a generic sig stone should be given per run and more 6 star shards. Everything else has little that can help my account at this point.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Member Posts: 751 ★★★
    Considering the rewards and difficulty of the paths, this quest is going to feel likegoing to work for a mediocre paycheck.

I think the issue is the difficulty compared to the rewards. For this type of effort daily a generic sig stone should be given per run and more 6 star shards. Everything else has little that can help my account at this point.

getting anywhere close to the difficulty to rewards balance of the red rifts is going to be hard for Kabam (they were great). but this just takes the cake. too hard for most recently uncollected players with less developed rosters or less skill/experience of the more endgame players
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Member Posts: 261 ★★★
    The rewards are rubbish lol. These rewards would be good 2 years ago
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Member Posts: 77
    It’s even worse when you try it. The difficulty is crazy
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    For 0 energy cost... You're complaining that you have to do a little work for some rewards?

Some people enjoy having difficulty. Some people don't even find the epic lab difficult.

Kabam is never going to please everyone in the game. And especially not on an individual basis.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

It's not hard. It really wasn't.
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Member Posts: 77

It's not hard. It really wasn't.
    What boss did you get(and nodes)

No resources used. Only 3 nodes compared to 6 last time. 6 paths to choose from. Easily peasy.

but compared to more recent side events this is much harder, i get that its easier than the last set of labs but thats not the point being made. also you must be a much more experienced player who has no issue with the nodes. the difficulty increase for others is quite dramatic
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)
    And night crawler is just annoying

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Member Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.