**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    BuGiBuGi Posts: 22
    Aw is a contest of tactics and techniques, not of Championship Pool.
    PI 3000 VS 3000 10000 VS 10000
    3000 VS 10000
    Children's champion vs world champion?
    stupid
    If you don't take care of the players on your growth path, there will be fewer and fewer people.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

I just want to say personally that I love these changes. I was in a 42 million alliance and stuck in gold 2 because I would get matched up with opponents who have the same rating as me yet 20 million alliances got plat 4 and plat 3 rewards. It was laughable.

You were in Gold 2 because you couldn't beat Allies with the same Rating as you, so now you're glad Allies are being outmatched?
  • Options
    Seriously. Page after page of people telling others this is fair because the War Rating is even. How about you stop rubbing it in and acknowledge why people are upset?
  • Options
    mum_m2 said:

I just want to say personally that I love these changes. I was in a 42 million alliance and stuck in gold 2 because I would get matched up with opponents who have the same rating as me yet 20 million alliances got plat 4 and plat 3 rewards. It was laughable.

You were in Gold 2 because you couldn't beat Allies with the same Rating as you, so now you're glad Allies are being outmatched?
    You can't honestly tell me that you feel that a high school football, basketball, debate, or chess team can go up and go head to head with the pros and win. It's possible sure, same field, but it's not probable. You have high school teams playing against high school teams getting paid like pros while pros playing pros, getting shafted like college players. Tell me that makes sense while ignoring the VERY FEW exceptions to the rule.
    There's such an irony in that. People complaining they can't win against someone their own size so they're glad they can take out weaker guys.
  • Options
    BuGiBuGi Posts: 22
    First arrange the defending champion, average the defending champion's prestige with the participant's prestige, then matchmaking them, and finally select the court difficulty according to the war rating. Is it hard to be fair?
  • Options
    CecilPGCecilPG Posts: 3
    DL864 said:

CecilPG said:

Stingerbk said:

MJROCKS said:

og_steele said:

This was the point. You guys with lower ratings shouldn’t be ranked so high. Many other alliances who are 30-40M are being pushed out of platinum by low ranked teams.

I’ve even seen plat 2 & plat 1 alliances that have only 5M team rating. With a very limited amount of spots in these top tiers they should go to the teams that actually deserve it. This matchmaking is meant to push teams like yours to the spots they really belong in. This is a long time coming.

Best of luck.

Teams that actually deserve it? Why do you think lower-rated alliances dont deserve it? They fought fairy too, used items, faced the same nodes and fought their way through equally tough alliances. High rated alliances have the advantage of a huge roster, many more options as well as having perfect counters. Low rated but equally hard playing alliances don't deserve to get shafted like this
    Yet they played against teams in gold 3 or silver tiers due to prestige and wanna earn rewards of higher tiers ??? Yeah now you earn it, match against fellow tiers and win.
    So you think is unfair that we get high rewards for winning against allys with the same strenght as our own, but yet you can't do the same with all of your huge roster of players? Ok, now I get It
    I dont think you understand so let me explain it this way. You are facing 5* r4 low sig defenders with your 5* r5 a big alley is facing 5*r5 defenders high sig and 6* rdefenders. You see the difference in difficulty now. Those same knows that you're fighting against to come much harder with the right Defenders at heisig levels and high ranks on them versus what you were playing. Now you're playing against people who settle for the same rewards you did last year in the same tear and you're complaining. I see now you want them easy rewards that you were never meant to get in the first place.
    DL864 said:

CecilPG said:

Stingerbk said:

MJROCKS said:

og_steele said:

This was the point. You guys with lower ratings shouldn’t be ranked so high. Many other alliances who are 30-40M are being pushed out of platinum by low ranked teams.

I’ve even seen plat 2 & plat 1 alliances that have only 5M team rating. With a very limited amount of spots in these top tiers they should go to the teams that actually deserve it. This matchmaking is meant to push teams like yours to the spots they really belong in. This is a long time coming.

Best of luck.

Teams that actually deserve it? Why do you think lower-rated alliances dont deserve it? They fought fairy too, used items, faced the same nodes and fought their way through equally tough alliances. High rated alliances have the advantage of a huge roster, many more options as well as having perfect counters. Low rated but equally hard playing alliances don't deserve to get shafted like this
    Yet they played against teams in gold 3 or silver tiers due to prestige and wanna earn rewards of higher tiers ??? Yeah now you earn it, match against fellow tiers and win.
    So you think is unfair that we get high rewards for winning against allys with the same strenght as our own, but yet you can't do the same with all of your huge roster of players? Ok, now I get It
    I dont think you understand so let me explain it this way. You are facing 5* r4 low sig defenders with your 5* r5 a big alley is facing 5*r5 defenders high sig and 6* rdefenders. You see the difference in difficulty now. Those same knows that you're fighting against to come much harder with the right Defenders at heisig levels and high ranks on them versus what you were playing. Now you're playing against people who settle for the same rewards you did last year in the same tear and you're complaining. I see now you want them easy rewards that you were never meant to get in the first place.
    Men my Ally is Silver 2 and doesn't have R5 5* Defenders, now what the Hell is a 6* R3 Sig Havok doing on a Silver 2 Rank match?
  • Options

Seriously. Page after page of people telling others this is fair because the War Rating is even. How about you stop rubbing it in and acknowledge why people are upset?

Literally everyone in this thread understands that these wars are unwinnable for many of the alliances. That's a result of swapping the systems. the war ratings are even, but they shouldn't be. The old system allowed alliances to face wweaker opponents and increase their war rating while not being forced to actually beat the alliances in that tier. The new system is correcting the ratings so they are fair.

If they're stuck in gold2, obviously they won half and lost half of their wars. You would think that this would mean that the system is perfect and nothing needs to be changed, because The Talents were at the "ideal" war rating for them that matched their skill. But the thing is that it didnt't work like that. Other alliances that would have almost certainly lost to them never had to face them and abused the broken system so they never actually had any hard matchups. Im confused why you can't understand why people were stuck because of the old system, and I've yet to see you give an alternative that would actually result in all alliances having fair matchups in the transition phase while also allowing all alliances to be in their correct tier
    If they're stuck in Gold 2, that's the result of not winning enough Wars to get out of it. That's how the system works. You advance by winning. Which means they were in their correct Tier.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

All people have acknowledged why these people are upset. They are taking away from them, their flawed, easy, op rewards.

Easy? Hmm...
    Tell me, what makes it easier for them?
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

mum_m2 said:

You can't honestly tell me that you feel that a high school football, basketball, debate, or chess team can go up and go head to head with the pros and win. It's possible sure, same field, but it's not probable. You have high school teams playing against high school teams getting paid like pros while pros playing pros, getting shafted like college players. Tell me that makes sense while ignoring the VERY FEW exceptions to the rule.
    There's such an irony in that. People complaining they can't win against someone their own size so they're glad they can take out weaker guys.
    I never said I was happy about it. I said, earlier in this same post, that if you are not in favor here, then leave your alliance and find a better home. You're getting shafted, by the mistakes made by kabam in the earlier seasons. Despite that, I don't feel that a high school team has any place to play a pro team.

Tell me that the New York Knicks should get paid less than Long Island Lutheran. You think the Knicks get enjoyment out of that. They'll accept the challenge sure and teach LIL a lesson in the process. It's all in good spirits. But there's no way, any player from LIL is going to get more money than the last player on the bench of the GLeague affiliate for the Knicks.
  • Options
    CecilPGCecilPG Posts: 3
    If Kabam doesn't want weak alliances to reach higher ranks why don't arrange match and reward limits based on the ally total points rather than have 5 of each members Champions locked in pointless matchs for several days (or weeks) till the ratings are "well placed"?
  • Options
    CecilPG said:

If Kabam doesn't want weak alliances to reach higher ranks why don't arrange match and reward limits based on the ally total points rather than have 5 of each members Champions locked in pointless matchs for several days (or weeks) till the ratings are "well placed"?

That's what I said. Why play? Just arrange them by size and hand out Rewards.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Literally everyone in this thread understands that these wars are unwinnable for many of the alliances. That's a result of swapping the systems. the war ratings are even, but they shouldn't be. The old system allowed alliances to face wweaker opponents and increase their war rating while not being forced to actually beat the alliances in that tier. The new system is correcting the ratings so they are fair.

If they're stuck in gold2, obviously they won half and lost half of their wars. You would think that this would mean that the system is perfect and nothing needs to be changed, because The Talents were at the "ideal" war rating for them that matched their skill. But the thing is that it didnt't work like that. Other alliances that would have almost certainly lost to them never had to face them and abused the broken system so they never actually had any hard matchups. Im confused why you can't understand why people were stuck because of the old system, and I've yet to see you give an alternative that would actually result in all alliances having fair matchups in the transition phase while also allowing all alliances to be in their correct tier
    If they're stuck in Gold 2, that's the result of not winning enough Wars to get out of it. That's how the system works. You advance by winning. Which means they were in their correct Tier.
    that's true, but alliances above them are getting much easier matches and advancing far ahead of where they deserve. you were an advocate for rarity gates in act six because people would advance ahead of where "they should be". now that the old system benefited you and this new one puts you where you should be, doing things above your level is now because 'the system works?"
  • Options
    Two Teams in the same Tier with the same Nodes and equal strength on each side of the War are working equally as hard. Sorry 'bout it.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Greekhit good point

And listen, no, I get it. Lower Prestige Alliances are getting smashed, and out classed. Losing wars isn't fun. Yeah, it sucks. Under the old system it wasn't a fair representation of the best most skilled alliances and while you reaped your rewards as a lower level alliance, you're now faced to go back to your place on the food chain. Was recently part of an alliance that had no place of being gold1, and left because they had died 154 times yet won. Couldn't side with that. But now, it's about to get real. Lower level alliances didn't truly earn those rewards. They never should have tasted success like that. They have a high school baller some sugar, and now he's asking for cakes.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Two Teams in the same Tier with the same Nodes and equal strength on each side of the War are working equally as hard. Sorry 'bout it.

That's part of the problem. Some of these smaller alliances WEREN'T matching at the same tier, because they were matching by prestige. They were literally getting easier fights and gaining higher ranks than the alliances who were also getting mismatched in different tiers with higher prestige and losing ranks.

That's not balance. That's not fair.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

In War, yes. It's all about how they perform in War. If they win more of their Wars, and it's fair Matches, then yes. People keep saying it's more work for higher Prestige, but it isn't really. They're working with stronger Champs. So it's pretty much the same. Ego-bending, I know.

War isn’t all about how you perform, like the real war, it’s more about firepower.
    Whether you like it or not higher prestige players have worked harder than lower ones. That’s a fact. They are working with stronger champs because grind/paid a lot for them. Do the same if you can.
  • Options
    2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98
    So remind me again about balance.

This discussion has been closed.