**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

All wars are fair.

Every single alliance has a chance to win every other single alliance, depending how they play.

If a 5k prestige alliance can go for max diversity and 0 deaths against Ken0b, they deserve the win.

So rather than choosing whichever argument suits you best for a counterpoint, then flipping around and picking the flip side of it for another counterpoint, just stick to one.

No. Any Alliance cannot win against any other in the current state. It's just flippant to think so.
    Let's be honest. People know they can't win. That's what they wanted to see.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

All wars are fair.

Every single alliance has a chance to win every other single alliance, depending how they play.

If a 5k prestige alliance can go for max diversity and 0 deaths against Ken0b, they deserve the win.

So rather than choosing whichever argument suits you best for a counterpoint, then flipping around and picking the flip side of it for another counterpoint, just stick to one.

No. Any Alliance cannot win against any other in the current state. It's just flippant to think so.
    Then what happened to “skill”?
    "Skill" only applies in a system that allows a Win when skill is applied. These Matches do not allow the overpowered side to win. It's not possible, and I'm pretty sure people know that. They just don't care.

Let's be honest. People know they can't win. That's what they wanted to see.

Correct. People know they can’t win. And here you are crying about it and insulting everybody who worked hard to get where they are while you were getting the rewards they should have been for the past 10 seasons.
    Those people didn't work hard? Hmm...must have fell into the Ranks they got then. Oh wait....they earned them.
    QuikPik said:

Ummm....yeah my test 3100 prestige alliance just beat a 6500 prestige alliance. Skill can still be a factor regardless of matchup. It's harder but not impossible as you state.

Right....someone more advanced along makes an Alt and can be a statement to what's possible for others. :/
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 51

QuietusDK said:

Markjv81 said:

11 million alliance should probably be in bronze somewhere so just be thankful you got extra rewards last season(s).

That's interesting. So you propose that bronze should be the holding pattern until what level? Until your alliance is 50% Abyss players?

Please, i would like to hear how a gradual ascent through ranks, starting at low silver, should be a mistake in matchmaking. We have faced alliances on paper well stronger than us before, and prevailed. Here, it's simply the magnitude of power difference I'm seeing as broken. But according to you, our previous 5 seasons were undeserved, because we can't fight an alliance 3 times our PI? Really...
    By beating alliances that are higher ranked than you. If you can’t do that then you can’t grow. Everyone alliance started from 0 and if that means you need to drop 6-7 wars before you land in your RIGHTFUL tier then so be it. Be happy you landed where did the last few seasons because of a flawed matchmaking system tbey finally fixed
    You still have not explained how the matchmaking was flawed, considering we consistently faced - and beat - alliances at similar and higher war rating and prestige than us.

Chief difference being, they were not G2 as our latest enemy was (where we finished low/mid G3) , nor were the alliances we faced 3 times our size in player prestige. So I fail to see how having faced alliances far more similar to our own in both war rating and prestige was somehow 'unfair'.

And that's kind of the entire point I'm trying to get across. If I sent a screenshot of our alliance plus our enemy, and had blanked out the war rating but left everything else (last season placement, prestige), would that have seemed like a matchup you'd say "yup, that looks fair and could go both ways"?

If you do, I dunno man, then I guess we see numbers entirely differently.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    We just Destroy this alliance so bad i mean im good with winning and staying in plat 3 but no one can answer how is the match up fair to the other alliance that had no fight in hell their best champ was a 5 star rank 4 mojo as boss on defense and their average prestige was 8920 while my alliance has all 6*rank2 and 5/65 max sigs on defense, like honestly how can people sit and say because our war rating is close that it was a fair match up for them, they literally just gave up after dying 55 times to our 1 death, I'M on the winning side and i just felt bad that this alliance wasn't even a competition and if i were a member of the alliance we face i wouldn't even want to do another war this season, i hope all my wars are like this thou lol easy plat 3 tier 3 rewards...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Really don’t see the problem. We beat our opponents today and sure they were 8mil rating below us, but it’s not my fault they died 12 times to a gladiator hulk on a standard +100% regen effectiveness node...

exactly. the system is working, and again, losing half of your season isn't the end of the world. if they can't beat allies in their tier, they flat out don't belong there. frankly, I don't get why the old system was on place for so long
    Cause there were alliances gaming the system by tanking during the off season.
    oh duh lol. I'm dumb. something just clicked in my head bc I never understood what that really meant. thanks 👍
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Seriously. Page after page of people telling others this is fair because the War Rating is even. How about you stop rubbing it in and acknowledge why people are upset?

Literally everyone in this thread understands that these wars are unwinnable for many of the alliances. That's a result of swapping the systems. the war ratings are even, but they shouldn't be. The old system allowed alliances to face wweaker opponents and increase their war rating while not being forced to actually beat the alliances in that tier. The new system is correcting the ratings so they are fair.

I just want to say personally that I love these changes. I was in a 42 million alliance and stuck in gold 2 because I would get matched up with opponents who have the same rating as me yet 20 million alliances got plat 4 and plat 3 rewards. It was laughable.

You were in Gold 2 because you couldn't beat Allies with the same Rating as you, so now you're glad Allies are being outmatched?
    If they're stuck in gold2, obviously they won half and lost half of their wars. You would think that this would mean that the system is perfect and nothing needs to be changed, because The Talents were at the "ideal" war rating for them that matched their skill. But the thing is that it didnt't work like that. Other alliances that would have almost certainly lost to them never had to face them and abused the broken system so they never actually had any hard matchups. Im confused why you can't understand why people were stuck because of the old system, and I've yet to see you give an alternative that would actually result in all alliances having fair matchups in the transition phase while also allowing all alliances to be in their correct tier
    If they're stuck in Gold 2, that's the result of not winning enough Wars to get out of it. That's how the system works. You advance by winning. Which means they were in their correct Tier.
    You know this isn't true. It feels like you are arguing dishonestly or you wouldn't be able to say this after all the discussion that has taken place. If they were matching other groups in gold 2 with similar war ratings regardless of prestige, your statement would be true. But you know that this wasn't the case. The reason low alliances are now getting mismatched is precisely because groups were not in their correct tier.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Foodeat86 said:

This is bad joke...really..of course the Whales won... Not enjoying the game with these new features

ASGRD isn't even trying. I was in an alliance that beat them last season with a similar rating to yours. They are actively trying to lose.
This discussion has been closed.