**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    aminesia said:

If this is a legit war, then those war ratings are miles off and shouldn’t be happening, the second alliance must be a shell that is tanking, and is that plat 2 or gold 2 they placed in last season?(sorry can’t translate monolingual here) maybe they were a top alliance that didn’t get war rating frozen and have tanked last two wars, doesn’t make sense that they got that matchup though

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

aminesia said:

If this is a legit war, then those war ratings are miles off and shouldn’t be happening, the second alliance must be a shell that is tanking, and is that plat 2 or gold 2 they placed in last season?(sorry can’t translate monolingual here) maybe they were a top alliance that didn’t get war rating frozen and have tanked last two wars, doesn’t make sense that they got that matchup though

It’s not. It’s 2 different screen shots. Probably not even his. Look at the corners and you can tell they were taken at completely different times, or one is from another person.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yeah, there is no catching up. I have a realistic level of progression for what I can do with my time and a little money. If I wasn't happy with that then there's no point in playing. I'm not playing to catch up to anyone. Anyone who thinks that way will be very disappointed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    So the sentiment here is only the highest belong at the top, and you'll never catch up to them. Great incetivization there. Lol. Makes it feel like a real competition. A real game of Monopoly.
    Ebony_Naw said:

So the sentiment here is only the highest belong at the top, and you'll never catch up to them. Great incetivization there. Lol. Makes it feel like a real competition. A real game of Monopoly.

Not a sentiment, a fact. The monetization aspect of this game has surpassed the point where ftp (or even casual spenders) can compete with heavy whales. And many of us have made peace with that. Hopefully with more opportunities for sig stones coming back to ftp, theres a chance to mitigate the ever widening gap. Other than that, you have two options: accept it or don't play. This is how Kabam chooses to make money and I simply can't be bothered to get caught up in the progression of other players. That's not how I choose to play this game anyway.

Although, if this thread is any indication those closer to the top may not be the ones who have issues accepting when something isn't perfectly working out for them
    Then you can't call it War. If people are of the impression that Alliances are entitled to their spots because they spent the most and therefore deserve the top, and no one will catch up to them, then shut War down because that's not a competition. It's a monopoly. People aren't being really measured by their performance. They're taking Squatter's Rights for their spot. We pay the most so we deserve the most? Right.

Ebony_Naw said:

Not a sentiment, a fact. The monetization aspect of this game has surpassed the point where ftp (or even casual spenders) can compete with heavy whales. And many of us have made peace with that. Hopefully with more opportunities for sig stones coming back to ftp, theres a chance to mitigate the ever widening gap. Other than that, you have two options: accept it or don't play. This is how Kabam chooses to make money and I simply can't be bothered to get caught up in the progression of other players. That's not how I choose to play this game anyway.

Although, if this thread is any indication those closer to the top may not be the ones who have issues accepting when something isn't perfectly working out for them
    Then you can't call it War. If people are of the impression that Alliances are entitled to their spots because they spent the most and therefore deserve the top, and no one will catch up to them, then shut War down because that's not a competition. It's a monopoly. People aren't being really measured by their performance. They're taking Squatter's Rights for their spot. We pay the most so we deserve the most? Right.
    You might want to shut down every PvP aspect of the game because this applies to all of them. It's no secret people who whale have an inherent advantage. you would think spending so much time on here would open your eyes
    People can earn by Grinding in PvP. That's not the implication here. Here, the implication is exactly what I've been saying. The top think they own their spot and if anyone else wins their way up, they need to shut it down. That's not a competition. That's a monopoly.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Just when I thought AW was starting to make sense this happens. What numbers was this matchup based off?

@Arsoz really the war rating is not even close genius
    Gmonkey said:

By your logic we should just hand World Series to the highest spender. The spending gives you an advantage, a large one but you can still lose spending the most. The reality is if you do not spend you will have a very hard time, that is true of anything competitive.
    I didn't say anything about spending giving an advantage. I'm talking about the sentiments expressed in this Thread.

If you get paid the same hourly rates and someone else works twice as long as you every day, do you expect to make the same amount as them? Time put into a game like this matters a lot if you play regularly. If you're not going to spend massively you're never gonna catch the old f2p vets let alone the top spenders. Thinking that you should is absurd
    I'm talking about War being a measure of War performance. That's what it is, and what it should be. A competition whereby Alliances are measured based on how they perform within their Wars.
    @Arsoz I would tell you a few things but don’t want to get banned 300 is a lot that’s a 5-6 war difference
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Yeah, you can do everything in game that someone that buys all the offers and crystals does without spending a penny really. The only thing you can't really do at the moment is compete is the prestige race. With the changes to AQ honor rewards, you really don't even need to though.

My point was just there are a lot of people who watch Seatin or KTs vids and think that by just playing the game they'll "catch up" which is insanely unrealistic when talking about things like roster size. And even to get to the point in the game they're at takes years without spending for most people. They seem to think they should be able to do it in months to a year for some insane reason. I don't know why anyone would think in a progression game like this you should ever really be able to catch up to someone that's been playing 4 to 5 years longer

Also very true. I was more specifically responding to GW, which is always a mistake. Though it did yield a humorous response. But the reality is that there is no way to compete with the whale crystal openings. I can open crystals as an arena grinder if I wanted, but not at their level. This has huge implications in prestige and roster building. They have easier access to champs and can naturally dupe them many times while I have to use scarce sig stones. Then, as you pointed out they were able to buy every t5cc offer in the books. I had to get most of mine (outside of July 4th this year) from content. I can't realistically keep up with their rank ups and roster. Fortunately for me, I don't need to. I'm very happy with where I am in the game and my progression level and taking my time to finish up the content I have left at my own pace.
    Yeah, worrying about what anyone else has or does is a quick way to make yourself miserable honestly. As long as you can enjoy the game at whatever pace you want to play and get the content you want to complete finished, that's really all that matters in the end. As someone who's pushed at the top of the prestige game before, it's really annoying and takes away from actually enjoying the game to be honest. I'm still closer to the top end than the bottom, but not worrying about prestige as my primary concern has made the rest of the game far better.
This discussion has been closed.