**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

Or you follow the prompts and don't get heal blocked

There's no fantastic 4 character that deals posion damage. Do you even play map 7? We don't need trolling right now.
    Thats why you deal with the prompts. From so sayeth doom and just work around the critcal timers.
    Not trolling saying exactly what you need to do to avoid the heal block
    Go ahead and read the so sayeth Doom prompt again and explain to me who to bring and how to avoid shock damage to beat this fight. You're wasting time.

King Groot, get the debuffs on a previous fight and shrug them off to start HB.
    The first fight was 110k health. King groot is a pillow puncher. He's not practical either.
    You should prolly surrender that fight to someone who isn’t so biased.
    I don't have the fight personally. Its my alliance. I certainly don't have a high level king groot. You still didn't explain if the fight was practical with a 110k opponent at r4 level r1 6 star tops. No one is taking KG to r5 5 star level

Can't really think of a "good" option. You could try to play really well and never get the debuffs on you but the AI is rarely going to cooperate with that. Other than that, timeouts with voodoo until the debuffs clear on the HB fight maybe, that probably the hardest one

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm thinking Aegon maybe. I'm not sure if we can get a high level KG in all 3 of my battlegroups. Defintely those 2 modifiers need to be done day 1 and 2 moving forward. Hopefully Kabam removes the heal block or switches the order to headblock last.

Lizer0119 said:

I assume they will end up nerfing So-Sayeth-Doom a bit, and giving only 1 prompt every 17 seconds instead of 2. Definitely a jump in difficulty, but yeah it allows more skilled players with lower prestige an opportunity to get some t5cc and less skilled players with higher prestige can just continue to collect top 5 ranks rewards. Doesn't exactly even out, but it's a better way of making AQ/prestige so pay to win, in my opinion.

What a prestige hater. Smh
    You have an answer for acid wash so sayeth doom modifiers day 2 map 7?
    you won't have that, the doom mod is only 1 day, it's not a 5 day global
    I was assuming they ran something else day 1, which would be a mistake
    Correct, unfortunately I ran the parry curse day 1 to only find out it was a cake walk.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Lizer0119 said:

I assume they will end up nerfing So-Sayeth-Doom a bit, and giving only 1 prompt every 17 seconds instead of 2. Definitely a jump in difficulty, but yeah it allows more skilled players with lower prestige an opportunity to get some t5cc and less skilled players with higher prestige can just continue to collect top 5 ranks rewards. Doesn't exactly even out, but it's a better way of making AQ/prestige so pay to win, in my opinion.

Correct, unfortunately I ran the parry curse day 1 to only find out it was a cake walk.
    It's easy? Doesn't it basically act like stun immune for 3 fights?
    Planning on doing Epic Modifiers if needed to increase Rank, so just scouting out.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

There's no fantastic 4 character that deals posion damage. Do you even play map 7? We don't need trolling right now.
    Thats why you deal with the prompts. From so sayeth doom and just work around the critcal timers.
    Go ahead and read the so sayeth Doom prompt again and explain to me who to bring and how to avoid shock damage to beat this fight. You're wasting time.

The first fight was 110k health. King groot is a pillow puncher. He's not practical either.
    I don't have the fight personally. Its my alliance. I certainly don't have a high level king groot. You still didn't explain if the fight was practical with a 110k opponent at r4 level r1 6 star tops. No one is taking KG to r5 5 star level
    I’ve seen worse rank ups to complete content and I’ve seen r3 6* king groots.

From what I just now watched on YT it’s plausible for a talented player who understands the interactions to do it with the KG you want to argue with.

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

From what I just now watched on YT it’s plausible for a talented player who understands the interactions to do it with the KG you want to argue with.
    The issue is that its day 1. The health and attack increase exponentially up until day 5. Kabam shouldn't release content capable of being done by one champ. This is why the Thing boss was changed, mephisto was removed from the PY path and the list goes on.
  • TamamortTamamort Posts: 59
    og_steele said:

A bit toxic aren’t they? First one; Cascading Failure.

Every critical hit starts a 2 second timer in which if another crit is done during the timer it restarts the timer and applies a 4 second debuff. Once 4 debuffs are applied a 15% health degen is then applied.

Bruh.... WHY DO THEY KEEP ADDING TOXIC **** TO THIS GAME?!?! And no buff to rank rewards for AQ? So make the modifiers twice as difficult but don’t buff rewards. Makes plenty of sense.

I’m very happy with new AQ. We’re 1/2 way through t3 already. I do agree that they should have buffed the crystals to add t5cc to map 7

Lizer0119 said:

Planning on doing Epic Modifiers if needed to increase Rank, so just scouting out.
    No you only lose 25% of your parry time for 3 fights. Also it is champion specific so it doesn't work on your entire team. Very easy to manage overall.
    Looks like King Groot it is until Kabam does the right thing and switch up the node to be more practical moving forward..
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

you've seen rank 3 6* king groots? that is #fakenews for sure
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

The issue is that its day 1. The health and attack increase exponentially up until day 5. Kabam shouldn't release content capable of being done by one champ. This is why the Thing boss was changed, mephisto was removed from the PY path and the list goes on.
    If you’re running king groot all 5 days you should rank him up to 5.

I’m talking about 1 day 1 modifier and how to get by it. It’s like shooting at a moving target sometimes around here.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ouch I watched bgs video and it looks rough. map 4 ftw!
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    If you get concussion from Sayeth Doom you can’t apply poisons anymore.

Dr voodoo has 100% ability Accuracy on Even combo specials. But concussion stops that. Week ruined if you get to that point.
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    We went with So Sayeth Doom for Day 1 -- my main critique of this one is that the RNG factor is pretty high. Starting a fight with 2 of the intercept prompts or special attack prompts is pretty rough. 17 seconds seems a big window but landing two specials in that time, or landing two intercepts whilst potentially having to bait a special is tough.

If the goal is to try and encourage "skilled" play, I think it could be improved either by:
    - Staggering the prompts, so you start with one active, then the second starts when the first is halfway done, or
    - Changing it so it's not possible to get two of the same prompt at once

Sure, you could just bring the Fantastic Four but they're not exactly a diverse group of champions that are viable for every single encounter. I brought in Aegon expecting him to be able to shrug the debuffs off, and when they reapply at the start of the next fight, he can do so - he just doesn't seem to be able to do so in the during the fight the debuff is earned as the new debuffs has the 'permanent' frame.

No you only lose 25% of your parry time for 3 fights. Also it is champion specific so it doesn't work on your entire team. Very easy to manage overall.

So is it for that individual champion's next three fights, or if you use your other two champs for subsequent fights it still falls off the initial champ suffering the curse?
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Kapitz said:

We went with So Sayeth Doom for Day 1 -- my main critique of this one is that the RNG factor is pretty high. Starting a fight with 2 of the intercept prompts or special attack prompts is pretty rough. 17 seconds seems a big window but landing two specials in that time, or landing two intercepts whilst potentially having to bait a special is tough.

If the goal is to try and encourage "skilled" play, I think it could be improved either by:
    - Staggering the prompts, so you start with one active, then the second starts when the first is halfway done, or
    - Changing it so it's not possible to get two of the same prompt at once

Sure, you could just bring the Fantastic Four but they're not exactly a diverse group of champions that are viable for every single encounter. I brought in Aegon expecting him to be able to shrug the debuffs off, and when they reapply at the start of the next fight, he can do so - he just doesn't seem to be able to do so in the during the fight the debuff is earned as the new debuffs has the 'permanent' frame.

We're doing this one tomorrow. I have degen lanes and I'm pretty worried about it as my only F4 champs are Thing and Torch. There are no regen F4 champs, so you just take damage with no recourse except heal up with pots.

I'm thinking Thing and using protection to mitigate.....but dude, it's just not right.

You know *random* will mean intercept or immediately have to use a special...

AQ hasn't been "fun" for years. Now, it's even less fun and more character specific as these globals appear to completely target the God tier champs everyone uses in AQ....that have been using them for years.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    You can pause right when the fight screen starts before anything happens and time out... do that 3 times and the debuffs go away... spent 90 minutes this afternoon doing this to try and get HB down w/o spending items on him 😖. Messed up once and revived but did get him down Voodoo... we’ll be changing paths up to bring KG or something next time if we do this Map 7 variation / modifier combo
    mydnight said:

We're doing this one tomorrow. I have degen lanes and I'm pretty worried about it as my only F4 champs are Thing and Torch. There are no regen F4 champs, so you just take damage with no recourse except heal up with pots.

I'm thinking Thing and using protection to mitigate.....but dude, it's just not right.

AQ hasn't been "fun" for years. Now, it's even less fun and more character specific as these globals appear to completely target the God tier champs everyone uses in AQ....that have been using them for years.

It's kinda manageable; if you get two of "inflict a debuff" or "dodge an attack" you can just parry/dex a couple of times and there's no drama. It's the other two which can be problematic; you can also just finish the fight before the timer ends and not pick them up.

Also, warn anyone using the suicide masteries that they're going to want to be careful as the first penalty being Heal Block is a kick in the nads for suicides users, especially those that rely on WIllpower heals for Corvus.

Lizer0119 said:

It's 25% for 3 fights or 25% per fight that stacks or is it 25% per parry in a fight? Just want to clarify. I thought it was the third based on what I read.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Kapitz said:

mydnight said:

It's kinda manageable; if you get two of "inflict a debuff" or "dodge an attack" you can just parry/dex a couple of times and there's no drama. It's the other two which can be problematic; you can also just finish the fight before the timer ends and not pick them up.

Also, warn anyone using the suicide masteries that they're going to want to be careful as the first penalty being Heal Block is a kick in the nads for suicides users, especially those that rely on WIllpower heals for Corvus.
    I'm not worried as much about the other lanes, just degen...which kills u pretty fast without a regen champ.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I got also the same mission at the same time (launching special) at the beginning of the fight.
    17 seconds where not enough to build two specials and from there it was all downhill.
    Two missions at the same time are tough, especially intercept when you need to keep your eyes on the mission + the opening.
    They should also mention what potency of the the weakness/fatigue/armor break/concussion... it doesn’t says what the % of each buff but it seems to be very high.
    With one weakness and fatigue I could barely made any damage with Corvus + 2 charges.
    They became too lazy with the description of nodes lately. Also in war there are few nodes that it doesn’t says what % of fury/power drain.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Modifiers are one thing. Making the two final 15 min fights 5 min fights is another.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Anyone know how exactly is Cascading failure modifier works? If you use heavy attack or special that have multiple hits and more than one of these hits crit, is it trigger the debuff?
    For example heavy/special with Corvus

(I haven’t chose this modifier yet, just trying to do my homework)
  • og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80
    Carmel1 said:

Anyone know how exactly is Cascading failure modifier works? If you use heavy attack or special that have multiple hits and more than one of these hits crit, is it trigger the debuff?
    For example heavy/special with Corvus

(I haven’t chose this modifier yet, just trying to do my homework)

Just don’t throw more than 4 hit combos (to be safe). But you can’t land 5 crits in a row while the debuffs or timer is active otherwise you will get a degen.

• ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61
    So, we are playing map 6 with epic modifiers and lets say we play all 5 days with those? What do we get ? Tier 5 cc or t5 basic fragments. Didn't get the milestone thing.Could someone clarify it pls?
    Elhadjee said:

So, we are playing map 6 with epic modifiers and lets say we play all 5 days with those? What do we get ? Tier 5 cc or t5 basic fragments. Didn't get the milestone thing.Could someone clarify it pls?

The table is in the news announcement. Have to do at least a couple of days of Map 7 to hit the T5CC points threshold.
    Elhadjee said:

Won't get T5cc fragments with Map 6