**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ronin, Top 5 Skill

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

What a clickbait thread name, lol.
    Fury, aegon, stealthy, hitmonkey, killmonger, gwenpool. There are also night trasher, taskmaster, elsa, massacre, bwdo, og bw, who are all imo on same level or even better.

You’re so wrong my friend. It’s hard to take you seriously when you just state an incorrect opinion and back it up with invisible evidence. And how is it a clickbait title if he is in fact top 5? And even if he was only top 8 in someone else’s eyes, I still believe he is top 5.
    Aegon and fury are just next level champs, stealth is between them and next skill champs.
    Hitmonkey - guaranteed crits, way more damage.
    Killmonger - true strike and indestructible, wich always work, and huge bleed. Duped will double his damage. With synergies his utility is insane, but even without it he's still a better option imo.
    Gwenpool - 100% aar after 50 hits, power lock, a lot of damage, if you keep her incinerate / armor break active.
    Night trasher - passive true strike on skateboard hits, power gain, ton of damage if you keep his debuffs active
    Massacre - huge damage and he does offer kinda unique hit in block play style

Now ronin - dance around to get 7 charges, none of his utility tricks is 100% except shrug off, wish you will not always be able to use due to opponent throwing sp/being close to sp3/short debuff duration/whatever.
    And I don't know who wants his evade, personally I'd prefer him without it.
    His animation is good, but that alone wouldn't justify ranking him up for me
    It is clear that Nick, Aegon, Stealth and probably Monkey are all better. And I’m not arguing that. Killmonger can only do the insane bleed once a fight, and the indestructible and unstoppable charges are handy, but shouldn’t be necessary if you’re a skilled player. And please for the love of god stop bringing up synergies. I’m still talking about no synergies. Gwenpool is great, but her damage isn’t spectacular. It’s not as high as Ronin, and without her debuffs she isn’t anywhere near top 5. Still not judging NT as I know so little of him, he sounds like he’s got a good kit though. And massacre doesn’t have enough utility. At all.

And ronin. He has cool utility, and more if it is 100%. The evade isn’t necessary. That’s why he doesn’t need the dupe. But if you’re fighting certain champs, like punisher 2099, you can full evade the l1 and get a lot more attack.
  • Options
    And guys, I understand if you don’t believe me. Which is why I made this post. I would love to see suggestions for content to showcase his damage or utility.
  • Options
  • Options

He’s a good champ, but I wouldn’t place him close to top 5. Maybe 8 or 9, possibly even 10. He’s got some above average damage and some pretty good utility.

And before anyone tries to argue, Killmonger is better than Ronin. Easily. Don’t even go there

Strongly disagree here. I’m sticking by it. Ronin is top 5.
  • Options
    Doogie36Doogie36 Posts: 1
    @Masterpuff Do you think he could handle act 6.4.1 do you bleed path?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

He’s a good champ, but I wouldn’t place him close to top 5. Maybe 8 or 9, possibly even 10. He’s got some above average damage and some pretty good utility.

And before anyone tries to argue, Killmonger is better than Ronin. Easily. Don’t even go there

Strongly disagree here. I’m sticking by it. Ronin is top 5.
    I personally can not vouch for Ronin because I only have the free two star from the event quest.

My personal top 5 of skill due to my preference:
    1. Stealthy
    2. Ægon
    3. Night Thrasher
    4. idk
    5. still don’t know

as you can see I don’t play with a lot of skill champions.

As a champion overall:
    1. Ægon
    2. Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Night Thrasher/maybe Killmonger (make your arguement stans)
    5. Elsa/possibly Ronin from what I’ve seen.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Doogie36 said:

@Masterpuff Do you think he could handle act 6.4.1 do you bleed path?

I’ll try and find out later tonight. If he can I’ll post it. Bleeds aren’t totally his strongsuit though.
  • Options

I’d rather have Night Thrasher.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

No you wouldn’t. You think you do, but you actually don’t

• Options
    edited July 2020

As someone with both, I would. I personally don’t like Killmonger, mainly due to his animations. And I wanna beat people up with a skateboard.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Fury, aegon, stealthy, hitmonkey, killmonger, gwenpool. There are also night trasher, taskmaster, elsa, massacre, bwdo, og bw, who are all imo on same level or even better.

You’re so wrong my friend. It’s hard to take you seriously when you just state an incorrect opinion and back it up with invisible evidence. And how is it a clickbait title if he is in fact top 5? And even if he was only top 8 in someone else’s eyes, I still believe he is top 5.
    Aegon and fury are just next level champs, stealth is between them and next skill champs.
    Killmonger - true strike and indestructible, wich always work, and huge bleed. Duped will double his damage. With synergies his utility is insane, but even without it he's still a better option imo.
    Gwenpool - 100% aar after 50 hits, power lock, a lot of damage, if you keep her incinerate / armor break active.
    Night trasher - passive true strike on skateboard hits, power gain, ton of damage if you keep his debuffs active

Now ronin - dance around to get 7 charges, none of his utility tricks is 100% except shrug off, wish you will not always be able to use due to opponent throwing sp/being close to sp3/short debuff duration/whatever.
    It is clear that Nick, Aegon, Stealth and probably Monkey are all better. And I’m not arguing that. Killmonger can only do the insane bleed once a fight, and the indestructible and unstoppable charges are handy, but shouldn’t be necessary if you’re a skilled player. And please for the love of god stop bringing up synergies. I’m still talking about no synergies. Gwenpool is great, but her damage isn’t spectacular. It’s not as high as Ronin, and without her debuffs she isn’t anywhere near top 5. Still not judging NT as I know so little of him, he sounds like he’s got a good kit though. And massacre doesn’t have enough utility. At all.

And ronin. He has cool utility, and more if it is 100%. The evade isn’t necessary. That’s why he doesn’t need the dupe. But if you’re fighting certain champs, like punisher 2099, you can full evade the l1 and get a lot more attack.
    Km indestructible charges often allow you to play very aggressive and eat sp3s during all the fight.
    As for dps, I prefer to test champs vs lol sl.

Fyi, just did it with r4 gp with no any synergies, no suicides, 1 point in assassin and 1 in deep wounds - 4 minutes, 240 hits. And she was doing 4.9k mediums.
  • Options

As someone with both, I would. I personally don’t like Killmonger, mainly due to his animations. And I wanna beat people up with a skateboard.
    What! I love Killmonger’s animations, they’re so smooth. Although skateboards are understandable

His animation was actually one of the main reasons I took mine 6* to r2 not duped, he's very enjoyable
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Savage said:

Savage said:

Aleor said:

You may believe but he is not. Hit monkey, Night Thrasher, Stealthy, Gwenpool, Blade, and Elsa Bloodstone all have more utility, viability, and damage output than Ronin in endgame content and competitive AQ/AW. Don't believe me? Ask a majority of the player base which will oppose your view. Hell I think Korg would even make a better argument for top 5. He's a champ actually worth looking into with his new synergy team and potentially dominant abilities.

I’d never rate Korg above ronin
    I have both at 5:65 and while Korg is underrated ronin just hits way harder and has better utility
    Are you sure? From that showcase Ronin's hits were pretty pathetic lol. Have you tried him with Mojo and Gulk synergies? It's lots of fun and it seems pretty viable. I only have a 4* maxed Korg atm because I haven't pulled a 5*/6* Gulk yet.

As in Korg will hit harder hits but also have to remember ronin has an astronomically higher crit rate close to 80% I believe to Korgs 30%
    Also ronins getting a decent bleed on every Crit
    https://youtu.be/DhnRKf-uhWQ
    This is a r4 with no synergies so a r5 essentially bump up the numbers by 30% give or take
    Eh... the Korg in that video wasn't using suicides and he didn't place a second armor break either so I don't think Ronin's damage is on his level. Both have a small damage increase prior to sp3 and unlock their damage potential after that but Korg's critical damage and raw damage would still outdamage ronin. To say he has more utility than Korg is a stretch because Korg can shut down evade and autoblock as well as tank some hits with crit resist and rock shield. Not to mention a more reliable debuff shrug ability that is further enhanced through the iceman synergy. Ronin has potential to be a good champion but his stances need to be far stronger.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

What! I love Killmonger’s animations, they’re so smooth. Although skateboards are understandable

His animation was actually one of the main reasons I took mine 6* to r2 not duped, he's very enjoyable
    One of the reasons my 6* is at R3. Glorious for intercepting with

• Options

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Km indestructible charges often allow you to play very aggressive and eat sp3s during all the fight.

Fyi, just did it with r4 gp with no any synergies, no suicides, 1 point in assassin and 1 in deep wounds - 4 minutes, 240 hits. And she was doing 4.9k mediums.
    Ye I’m gonna call bs on this your gwenpool took 4 minutes to take down lol starlord is a lie
    4 minutes for rol ws, to compare with rol ws takedown with r5 ronin video above.
  • Options

And please for the love of god stop bringing up synergies. I’m still talking about no synergies. Gwenpool is great, but her damage isn’t spectacular. It’s not as high as Ronin

1 - if you stand for not bringing synergies, don't do it in your videos. You had full team around ronin there. Double standards, ha?
    2 - I did same fight with r4 gp without any synergies, took me 225 hits and 3 minutes 30 seconds of pure fight time. R5 ronin with 4 synergies - 3 minutes 10 seconds. So I would actually say gp has higher dps.
  • Options

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Ye I’m gonna call bs on this your gwenpool took 4 minutes to take down lol starlord is a lie
    4 minutes for rol ws, to compare with rol ws takedown with r5 ronin video above.
    Comparing with my video is probably a better one because ronin just becomes a way better champ with suicides and seeing as he’s suicide friendly
    Gp is actually also pretty suicide friendly. You can only spam sp3 and maybe use sp2 once, if you need her power lock. Her sps don't do a lot of damage, it's more about her sp3 armour break. That's what I did actually. So I don't think gp with suicides would've lose that fight as well. Can't check myself, as I don't use suicides
  • Options

Savage said:

Savage said:

Aleor said:

You may believe but he is not. Hit monkey, Night Thrasher, Stealthy, Gwenpool, Blade, and Elsa Bloodstone all have more utility, viability, and damage output than Ronin in endgame content and competitive AQ/AW. Don't believe me? Ask a majority of the player base which will oppose your view. Hell I think Korg would even make a better argument for top 5. He's a champ actually worth looking into with his new synergy team and potentially dominant abilities.

I’d never rate Korg above ronin
    I have both at 5:65 and while Korg is underrated ronin just hits way harder and has better utility
    Are you sure? From that showcase Ronin's hits were pretty pathetic lol. Have you tried him with Mojo and Gulk synergies? It's lots of fun and it seems pretty viable. I only have a 4* maxed Korg atm because I haven't pulled a 5*/6* Gulk yet.

As in Korg will hit harder hits but also have to remember ronin has an astronomically higher crit rate close to 80% I believe to Korgs 30%
    Also ronins getting a decent bleed on every Crit
    https://youtu.be/DhnRKf-uhWQ
    This is a r4 with no synergies so a r5 essentially bump up the numbers by 30% give or take
    @THAlEMKYKO99
    Where can I find that shehulk? Did you have any synergies? And so you run full suicides?
  • Options

I actually love his animations. They’re great.
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

And Ronin at r4 can do higher than that. I didn’t do LoL because I don’t know if my WiFi could upload that long a vid. I’ll try tho.