**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Was Canadian difficulty suitable for a cavalier difficulty?

GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
We’ve now seen all 4 weeks of Canadian difficulty. Personally I think the difficulty level was not nearly engaging enough for a permanent “endgame event quest” going forward. What does everyone else think, and what are your thoughts about the rewards as well?

Was Canadian difficulty suitable for a cavalier difficulty? 299 votes

I was satisfied with the rewards and difficulty level
61%
GroundedWisdomDL864Stara99TheTAbyssChintokingTimone147ADDIS0NPellucidumhwilson2009Nick_Caine_32zuffyWakandas_FinestBringr_of_Rain1Emil_LimsonLaw_eeOesername123Leediman39solivagant56Alex13369Vivek_786 185 votes
It was too easy and rewards sucked
10%
IcejrForwardTerraLvernon15SiddhantKwatraPwf57MixalisMonk1StingerbkBaseballguy711MadooriCThe_Blue_JaguarchrisfernendezzzPetusko2811Plato92OnePix3LTripleUPdogg614Aomine_Daiki10iAmMoushi 31 votes
It was too easy but I was happy with the rewards
22%
Markjv81danielmathLeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabxNigbenshbAzKicker316UbersoulR_D_JrTonylavendettaSamuel030sPatchie93Thecurlergohard123GmonkeyWorknprogressWarlord5386CupidGoddessIlias 67 votes
It was too difficult
5%
mostlyharmlessn許家偉ShafeeqdoctorbWeeaeaDerSchneemacherMercymakerunoobmeproniroraviXsharmaIryseThēMandalorian100100Boimaster69CowabungaDarkKnight_98 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    For a cav difficulty, it was good for what we may see for what the roadmap said would be where newly cav could be able to see a completion but not 100%. It wasn't all to challenging and the rewards were nice, but that's why this one wasn't labeled as cav difficulty yet.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    For new cavs, I could see a potential need for items. But for long term cavs, it was a bit easy. I was able to one shot sasquatch most of the time with warlock and claire. Captain Canada was more difficult than I expected, but nothing I'd call overwhelming
  • Options
    Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    I'm a new cavalier player, I was expecting a challenge but it was really easy, obviously the difficulty will increase over time, but for now it was a bit disappointing. The ratio between difficulty/rewards was good.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    More difficulty please !! was this the easy lane kabam was talking about?
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It was too easy and rewards sucked
    I do not accept this difficulty as cavalier difficulty personally.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    For an easier side quest with a lot of paths I think this was about right. I would expect some months the side quest to be harder like modok labs but with slight bumps in rewards those months and less paths.

Also I would expect cav difficulty to be harder in the final chapters but expect that to have more rewards than the side event too.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

It wasn’t too hard for a new cavalier player to complete but the nodes provided endgame players with some fun and interactive fights (from what I’ve seen). Also the rewards weren't too shabby. Only change I’d make is I’d introduce an extra optional path/quest that’s super difficulty, 6.4/7.1 difficulty but it gives 1/2 of a T5CC etc. Meaning super top tier players have a good challenge but those who are not hardcore whales don’t miss out on exploration rewards and the likes.

I'd say I'm like mid end game (completion of act 6 with some parts of 6.1 explored) and I'd take that path and unit man my way through it lul
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Qfury said:

TP33 said:

It wasn’t too hard for a new cavalier player to complete but the nodes provided endgame players with some fun and interactive fights (from what I’ve seen). Also the rewards weren't too shabby. Only change I’d make is I’d introduce an extra optional path/quest that’s super difficulty, 6.4/7.1 difficulty but it gives 1/2 of a T5CC etc. Meaning super top tier players have a good challenge but those who are not hardcore whales don’t miss out on exploration rewards and the likes.

I'd say I'm like mid end game (completion of act 6 with some parts of 6.1 explored) and I'd take that path and unit man my way through it lul
    Edit:Same. I misread your post sorry.
  • Options
    CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★
    I would say that from an exploration standpoint, it's definitely on Cavalier level. From what we've seen with Epic and Uncollected difficulty, it's like on par with Act 5 while not being like completely impossible. Seems like what they went for here. Just like in Act 6, Canadian difficulty has lots of nodes (for exploration) that require a diverse roster. I think the difficulty and rewards were perfectly fine, minus the excessive Sasquatch ambushes.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I was satisfied with the difficulty but the rewards they need to be buffed
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    It was a solid first experiment for cavalier difficulty. Great rewards and fun, interactive and some challenging fights. I think people need to wait for the first Cavalier EQ rather than judging from side events which are intended to be for testing the waters and adjusting. Clearly they wont hit a home run first try like people seem to.expect, however I think they did a good job.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Im cavalier yet no endgame player. I wont 100% clear canadian since path like "need 3 buff to damage thing i dunno what it names", i dont have counter for it. But yeah, i think i satisfied though. Still playable
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Was way to easy. Besides the ambushes, the fights felt like 6.1 fights.

They need to add more challenging lanes. Fresh Cavalier players should be struggling with it and not burning right through it.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The difficulty needs to be ramped up big time, even the Sasquatch ambush was fine once I learned to fight Sasquatch. Cavalier difficulty needs to be difficult to explore for everyone for the first few months at the very least, like uncollected was when it came out. I’ve not explored act 6, but if this is the difficulty they were thinking of for cavalier difficulty, I could easily explore it every month which means it doesn’t hit the target of being challenging to explore even for those that explored act 6.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Finished all level ytd. I think the gold from this side quest can satisfy some players who are in need of gold. Rewards from all levels are deemed good too. Besides, there is no daily completion requirement and zero energy, which offers flexibility to players.

The only defect I’d say is overly repetitive path and fights. Canadian Difficulty is more testing my patience and concentration rather than skill. Yes the energy level for Guardian and Sasquatch are high, but they are not difficult to fight, just bait their SPs and dexterity. That’s it. So far I only use one revive on Mojo because I need to use Sunspot to kill him.