**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where did your MCOC name come?

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Agent X Elsa is my ingame name, Agent X zzz was original and tbh is random, Agent I kept then Elsa for Elsa.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,315 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I thought I had answered one of these 'where your in game name originated from' I guess maybe not.

'PSP742' is pretty simple and unimaginative name.. I use it in forum and in-game too. It's from Sony PSP which is a hand-held gaming system that Sony made to try and grab Nintendo Gameboy sales.. it is now defunct product, replace by Sony Vita..

I own two PSP units.. one has number 742 on it.. so that's where I got psp742 from.. nothing fancy, not my favorite number, and not a marvel character.. lol

Domino isn't necessarily my favorite champion either.. she was the first 6* that I dupe early on.. and pull her three times too.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBUU3icn10

Mine is totally a fanboy thing

You mean your name really isn't Miike with two "I"s?

I don't know what the world is anymore!!!
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

it was a typo when he was writing it into the forum account sign up. it's funny because hood's first "buff" was also one big typo
  • Options
    N3koN3ko Posts: 43

• Options
    JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    JUGGERNOT
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    I started playing this game at the end of the year 2016. The Weeknd's Starboy was fairly new at that time and it is like my favorite song back then. So I discovered MCOC and decided to just give it a try which usually is one of those game that I ended up only playing once and then uninstall. (Btw, my forum name is totally unrelated to my game name.)

So I'm just like "fk it let's just name it immamfstarboy" because I swear it is only a one time playing and that line from Starboy is the only thing that comes to my mind at that time. And now here we go, 2021, still playing MCOC and immamfstarboy is still here. Lol it's so childish but at the same time I just don't wanna change it.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Just wondering what inspired People’s MCOC name, “Psychic 2002” was named after my favorite Pokémon type and and the year I was born.

From a Pokemon character
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    I already commented last year.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★

I initially named myself
    Summoner~475
    But then just for good luck I put LagsJr©
    It has worked good till now

why till now
    Cause I don't know what will happen with my luck in future
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Joey is one of my names, Snow cos Jon Snow was my man in GOT and I'm not a **** :smiley: In game is Aegon Snow cos Aegon is my favorite champ in the game and Jon Snow is also Aegon.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    It's my nick name and 24 is my lucky number
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Back when I was a kid, I wrote a sci-fi story. It contained a cool alien dude called Terracre. However, I realized that his name closely resembled the word "Terrace" which just could not stand because that's just silly, so I inverted the name and landed on Ercarret.

Fast forward a few years and I needed a username for some forum and every name I could come up with was taken. I decided to just use my made-up alien name from my 13-year-old's unfinished novel, and lo and behold, it was not in use. In order to not have to bother with coming up with new nicks in the future, I just stuck with that name for every place where I needed a user name. I've been using it for...oh, I don't know. Probably 15-20 years now.

Awesome backstory.
    Personally, I think you should have changed the second e to an o.
    Ercarrot.
    It has an imperious ring to it.
    Vader-level.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Ercarret said:

Back when I was a kid, I wrote a sci-fi story. It contained a cool alien dude called Terracre. However, I realized that his name closely resembled the word "Terrace" which just could not stand because that's just silly, so I inverted the name and landed on Ercarret.

Fast forward a few years and I needed a username for some forum and every name I could come up with was taken. I decided to just use my made-up alien name from my 13-year-old's unfinished novel, and lo and behold, it was not in use. In order to not have to bother with coming up with new nicks in the future, I just stuck with that name for every place where I needed a user name. I've been using it for...oh, I don't know. Probably 15-20 years now.

Awesome backstory.
    Personally, I think you should have changed the second e to an o.
    Ercarrot.
    It has an imperious ring to it.
    Vader-level.
    While I agree that Ercarrot has a cool ring to it, I read that as E-Carrot at first which sounds decidedly less badass.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,818 ★★★★★
    I misread Terracre as Terrance...
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Reference - my favoured saxophone Selmer “Tribute to Bird” Reference 54 alto and Reference 36 tenor.

Bird: the legend Charlie Parker
    54/36: 1954 and 1936
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Mine isn't something special, just the sig name I use as an illustrator, name initials and surname.. (I actually use "sea" but it's too short for the game)
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,147 ★★★★★
    you seeing me
  • Options
    ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    My in game name is Hedron.
    Was reading about Large Hedron Collider before installing the game
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    Shannok said:

Is your forum name perhance related to Shinnok?
  • Options
    ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    edited November 2021
    Terra said:

Shannok said:

Is your forum name perhance related to Shinnok?
    Yeah Mortal Kombat guy
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Mix of Galaxy + Bombastic from the Roblox days in like 2017 :D and "Fly" for the clan my friends and I made during the Fortnite days back in 2018 <3
  • Options
    Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54
    Hulk Hogans real name
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

KD - my initals

10 -

I made this forums account and my MCOC account a few years ago when I liked DC a lot more than I do now and when The Flash was actually a good tv show. I like Marvel way more now.

The #10 is the part of my username which I still like as Marcus Rashford (Manchester United #10) is still one of my favorite soccer players.

LOL when flash was a good show! Feels so long ago! haha
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    My forum and mcoc name is from when 7th grade. Got a nickname, stuck with my ever since, embraced it and now its my gamertag for everything.

212 is cause i liked #2 and #12.

My mcoc name is Skiddy11, 11 is my favorite number, high school lacrosse number etc.

Kudos to the OP on the thread. very enjoyable
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Skiddy? Is that a reference to an accident in your pants?
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    No comment here
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    To be True Blue is to be an Australian, funnily enough, I’m Australian mate!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    I've been using this gamer tag since MSN gaming Zone was a thing and I was playing Mechwarrior 3 or 4 on through their servers. it used to be "fire" instead of "fyre". I changed it to the latter because I like the old timey spelling better.