**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remembering Chadwick Boseman [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Evilhero25Evilhero25 Posts: 0
    Sad. We lost a great king. A great Wakandan warrior. A great Black Panther.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Civil War Black Panther so I had to go with the comic book one.
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    A title and a buff fit for a king
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Buffing champs is not easy. It may take months to do so if they start today.
    You think they can buff champs in a day?
    Don't forget they already have 3 champs in pipeline to get buffed. And also 2 new champs every month.

A title or pic would be nice.
  • ArbiterArbiter Posts: 4
    Kabam can check, I don't even have BP as a 4* but when I do and other players eventually pull him as a 4, 5, 6 star. It would be nice to evict a sense of elation and excitement instead of disappointment. The man who played him was exemplery and an inspiration. He fought cancer for years with regal bearing and in many ways he represented a triumph in diversity. It would be nice if you could honor his memory in this humble way.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    In honor of the death of Chadwick Boseman who brought Black Panther to life, please change your in game profile pic or forum profile pic to BPCW.

(RIP) Chadwick
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    lmao this is so sad. a title in game is good enough tbh. maybe something in the bg of the map with his name/pic too.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    RIP Chadwick Boseman, Black Panther, King T’Challa
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Spiral said:

lmao this is so sad. a title in game is good enough tbh. maybe something in the bg of the map with his name/pic too.

They didn't add any with Stan Lee died, they probably won't add anything for Chadwick. We don't need stuff to memorialize anyone. Just pay your respects and share stories.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    edited August 2020

I demand that we buff Black Panther Civil War as a tribute to Chadwick Boseman. He was the King of Wakanda and a true king never dies. I do not care what the community says to me, but I DEMAND that Kabam buffs Black Panther Civil War and makes him an Omni god-tier champion.

How is this meant to benefit the friends and family who are grieving the death of a great person? Buffing a character in a video game does nothing to pay respects to Chadwick Boseman, and is incredibly disrespectful and completely selfish. Instead of trying to benefit off of his death, pay respects in the main thread or donate to a charity working to fight colon cancer.
  • ArbiterArbiter Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Most of what people say is true, and I do know it takes months to buff a character since I am in that world.

Since characters are being buffed anyway perhaps he could be fast tracked. And yes I know this still means months away.

A title is also good but Stan Lee was never a playable character. So buffing was never a topic of discussion.

What I am saying is "it would be nice" if his character in the game elicits a positive emotion that befits the man that is unavoidably associated with him.

Players grind so hard to get 5 and 6* and when you get a BP you have feelings of disappointment, etc. Speaking personally, it's not a feeling I want to associate w the man. It is a small and humble association but it in unavoidably there nonetheless.

You can take your moral high ground as much as you want and feel superior and better about yourself, but at the end of the day it is next to impossible not to think of BP and not remember Boseman. For many, he WAS Black Panther.

Again, I don't have BP even as a 4* I just thought this would be a nice thing for Kabam to do.

P.S.

If Kabam does buff and does the extra step of making an event out of this, (months away I am sure) they should donate the profits to cancer research or something in that line.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Spiral said:

They didn't add any with Stan Lee died, they probably won't add anything for Chadwick. We don't need stuff to memorialize anyone. Just pay your respects and share stories.
    "True Believer" title ring a bell?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I don't think they need buff. OG BP has good bleed damage. BPCW is good on defence.

Change their VICTORY animation to WAKANDA FOREVER pose...
  • WAnou22WAnou22 Posts: 1
    Hello summoners,

I offered Kabam a tribute to Chadwick Boseman who passed away yesterday at 43 and who is best known for his role as Black Panther in the mcu. I think Kabam could do a “Wakanda Forever” style headline and maybe a profile picture of Black Panther with his arms crossed. As for the tribute to Stan Lee

What do you think?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Spiral said:

Except the True Believer title, am I right?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Something funny
    https://youtu.be/-yGIGAaF8Oo

And something to showcase his dedication and passion for the cause
    https://youtu.be/6J-D86wfxiE
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

As many as possible should change profile pic in game to black panther civil war and title to Wakandan Warrior. Let’s see if we can bring a little honor to a man who put out a great set of movies for us while suffering from cancer.

• Yes
  • Xxshinrazxx_2020Xxshinrazxx_2020 Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Long live the KING
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

• LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Now would be a great time to announce a buff to our Panthers. Give the OG the kingly cape he deserves.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Now would be a great time to announce a buff to our Panthers. Give the OG the kingly cape he deserves.

no. Just because some died does not mean they buff a character.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    no buff needed. a simple profile pic or title would be most fitting as i initially pointed out.