**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

If the game becomes too easy, many will leave

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Some people are going to be bored regardless. They have everything done, Rosters that are deep, and very little challenges them. When adding a new Difficulty, it's about finding a balance between more challenging, in respect to the previous, but not so much that people can't grow into it. This is quite close to the mark, actually. The bottom line is, some people are just bored with the game because they're beyond the limitations of it. It is, after all, a Mobile Game. There's only so much challenge you can get from the dexterity of the game mechanics.

Very insightful and well said. I think you captured my feelings about the situation very maturely.
    Yes, if you have every champ and 5 r3 6 stars all new content should be easy. Lol
    Act 6 was not easy for me. I had to plan and practice paths several times to get it done.

Hard content can be made for deep rosters.
    Act 6 wasn't easy for anybody. I don't want my monthly event quests that's 8 hours long to complete for slightly updated uncollected rewards as hard as act 6. That is my point.

The only content that wasn't easy for end games was ROL, LOL, variant 1, and act 6. The rest of the end game content was relatively easy for the most highly skilled of players. ROL, LOL, and variant 1 I'm talking about when it first dropped. Obviously neither of those 3 are hard anymore.

Kabam should have a middle ground and just make side quests the level of difficulty as Summoner showdown or act 6 but make sure we have the rewards to match. No one would complain about that. Permanent content needs to be all inclusive because that is what would make people leave the game, hence why act 6 was nerfed so bad.
  • Noobking_01Noobking_01 Posts: 91
    I want to disagree but it’s at the funny number
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

SparkAlot said:

The argument of "too easy" is self imposed for lots (but not all) of the complainers.

For example, new content comes out, they immediately rush in with their 6* R3s, mop through it like it was nothing, then sit there crying how easy it was.

Well, duh, what did you expect? Why not use your 3*s or 4*s (if there are no stupid gates) and then play it, and that WILL be more difficult, if that is still too easy, drop down to 2*s & 1*s.

Why must Kabam hold your hand with gates or objectives that force you to use lower level champs?
    Do it yourself if you want challenge.

Kabam made it much more difficult with Act 7, and the "too easy" crowd was complaining it was "too hard", so Kabam had to rework it.

This is always one of the absolute dumbest things that gets said in these discussions. What is the point on any of us chasing t5c, 6* shards, etc... from content to then turn around and just use 4*s? In what universe does it make sense to do that? Why do so many people care about the cav quest rewards if there's absolutely no point to having R3 6*s to begin with? What are you even doing the quest for?
    But I do think the main issue is the rewards, not the difficulty.
    Lol so true, haha, the game lost its difficulty completely so no one cares about it nowadays. I miss the old day when players asked others how to take the champion 6.2.6 down.
    edited September 2020
    Although many hated the fight, The Champion 6.2.6 pre nerf was 90% about pure skill.

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Let’s use this analogy:

You married your wife as she’s the girl of your dreams, but over the years and decades of being married most will tend to get bored to some extent. In a similar manner it’s just like difficulty levels, you definitely like it when it’s easy cos that allows you to coast through, but then the game loses meaning eventually as it offers up no new varieties of challenge to keep you engaged. Humans are inherently hard to satisfy, and we become easily bored when remaining within our comfort zone for far too long.

Which is why both married men and women still steal a glance at other attractive people every once in a while as it’s in our nature to always want something more. In the case of mcoc, it’s the desire to be continually challenged so that the game retains meaning and we are still motivated by the challenge to try and overcome whatever is thrown our way.

Plus it’s only with a challenging difficulty will one then be motivated to train and improve to bring our game to the next level and overcome said challenge. If not, then most of us wouldn’t even push ourselves and just be comfortable maintaining the status quo.

That being said, I find the restrictions to be rather complementary instead of in opposition to the current meta. I had so much fun trying to fully utilize the globals with the appropriate attackers to give myself that added advantage when 100 percenting cavalier.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★

SparkAlot said:

The argument of "too easy" is self imposed for lots (but not all) of the complainers.

For example, new content comes out, they immediately rush in with their 6* R3s, mop through it like it was nothing, then sit there crying how easy it was.

Well, duh, what did you expect? Why not use your 3*s or 4*s (if there are no stupid gates) and then play it, and that WILL be more difficult, if that is still too easy, drop down to 2*s & 1*s.

Why must Kabam hold your hand with gates or objectives that force you to use lower level champs?
    Do it yourself if you want challenge.

Kabam made it much more difficult with Act 7, and the "too easy" crowd was complaining it was "too hard", so Kabam had to rework it.

This is always one of the absolute dumbest things that gets said in these discussions. What is the point on any of us chasing t5c, 6* shards, etc... from content to then turn around and just use 4*s? In what universe does it make sense to do that? Why do so many people care about the cav quest rewards if there's absolutely no point to having R3 6*s to begin with? What are you even doing the quest for?
    I was about to write a very similar post.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    Mcord117 said:

GuruYosen said:

Shut up mega Karen, Act 6 was nerf because people complained it was too hard

I would counter this by saying I believe act 6 was nerfed because the majority of the player base wasn’t even bothering to play it
    i know that a LOT of people were complaining about 6.2 champion boss which would be one of the reasons why he eventually got nerfed dont know about the damage reduction for other parts of act 6 tho
  • Mcord117 said:

GuruYosen said:

Shut up mega Karen, Act 6 was nerf because people complained it was too hard

I would counter this by saying I believe act 6 was nerfed because the majority of the player base wasn’t even bothering to play it
    i know that a LOT of people were complaining about 6.2 champion boss which would be one of the reasons why he eventually got nerfed dont know about the damage reduction for other parts of act 6 tho
    The complaints about 6.2.6 Champion were almost certainly not a primary reason for that fight being nerfed. Complaints about difficulty alone almost never cause the content to be changed. Those complaints have to be backed up by data or other analysis, or seen as a symptom of a larger problem.

Act 6 as a whole was almost certainly looked at as an extension of the complaints about difficulty scaling in Book 2's initial beta. I don't know to what degree I played a role here, but I was one of those people who directly connected Book 2's initial difficulty to Act 6 difficulty, and I (eventually) presented a case for both Book 2 and Act 6 having too steep of a difficulty curve when seen together. I *suspect* that the complaints about Book 2 were connected to Act 6 and the devs decided to review Act 6 as part of the larger effort to reexamine what direction Book 2 should be taking.

Basically, once they decided to completely re-envision Book 2, they were almost forced to reexamine Act 6. Because it would be nonsensical for Act 6 to be the prerequisite for Book 2, and have Book 2's difficult be completely disconnected from Act 6.
    Haji_Saab said:

I just had a look at Seatin's stream for Act 7...

Oh boi, he took a whole combo for a total of 5k damage ... so a r3 6* champ can tank 10 combos :D So we went from not being able to take 1 combo to 10 comboes.

The nodes also look really simple to deal with.

It's really sad. When you can play carelessly and still clear supposed end game content with no problem.

Is that the direction to the future of the game now @Kabam Miike?

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    RoOOts said:

I do not really think that it is very hard, but very niche.

I would prefer, if they would enlarge the boosts to a larger champ group (more tags/while classes). In this way its nearly the same difficulty for all the whales, who have every niche champ anyway and could perhaps even find more fun doing it by using their 2nd guard, and at the same time more doable for progressing summoners.

Additionally, for these rewards, I wont even bother pushing for anything. Not worth it.

I'm not sure if this was KABAMs intention, but they kind of forced me to play less. UC EQ was done very fast, Cav. completion also, and as i don't bother going/pushing for completion for this bad rewards, just the nice side event with the juicy rewards taking 2 mins a day have to be played.

Foreseeing the future, where definitely much worse side events compared to this month will appear, these rewards won't bait anybody to do it. Not even in the present.

Huh? Enlarge the boost to a larger champ group? Class isn’t a large enough champ group? I have no idea what you’re smoking dude.

Kabam did EXACTLY what we asked for. The fight requirements were not niche at all.

Take 1.2 Diss Track for example
    Haji_Saab said:

Oh boi, he took a whole combo for a total of 5k damage ... so a r3 6* champ can tank 10 combos :D So we went from not being able to take 1 combo to 10 comboes.

That’s just too lenient. If those attack values go live, story mode is going to be a faceroll.

(And those who supposedly are “end game” and can 100% A7, will wonder why they’re getting their rear handed to them in war.)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

Haji_Saab said:

It's really sad. When you can play carelessly and still clear supposed end game content with no problem.

Is that the direction to the future of the game now @Kabam Miike?

That's one hundred percent what's going to happen. It's all about catering to the lowest common denominator now. Anytime anything remotely difficult pops up, everyone shouts not here. Not sure where any difficulty is supposed to actually be bc the only thing that ever gets mentioned is stuff like LoL/AoL which is laughable.

That's one of the main reasons I was actually happy with Cav EQ. At least is was somewhat engaging even if not overly difficult. Because it looks like story is gonna be cruise control going forward
    xNig said:

RoOOts said:

I do not really think that it is very hard, but very niche.

I would prefer, if they would enlarge the boosts to a larger champ group (more tags/while classes). In this way its nearly the same difficulty for all the whales, who have every niche champ anyway and could perhaps even find more fun doing it by using their 2nd guard, and at the same time more doable for progressing summoners.

Additionally, for these rewards, I wont even bother pushing for anything. Not worth it.

I'm not sure if this was KABAMs intention, but they kind of forced me to play less. UC EQ was done very fast, Cav. completion also, and as i don't bother going/pushing for completion for this bad rewards, just the nice side event with the juicy rewards taking 2 mins a day have to be played.

Foreseeing the future, where definitely much worse side events compared to this month will appear, these rewards won't bait anybody to do it. Not even in the present.

Huh? Enlarge the boost to a larger champ group? Class isn’t a large enough champ group? I have no idea what you’re smoking dude.

Kabam did EXACTLY what we asked for. The fight requirements were not niche at all.

Take 1.2 Diss Track for example
    Haji_Saab said:

That’s just too lenient. If those attack values go live, story mode is going to be a faceroll.

(And those who supposedly are “end game” and can 100% A7, will wonder why they’re getting their rear handed to them in war.)
    They got the war map nerfed too lol
    Hey I just look at it as more units for me. I don't mind it at all, maybe you guys are just too good for the game and need to find a new challenge because that's where the game is headed.

Maybe you all can learn from the complainers and become protest-men yourselves and say hey Kabam we want harder content. It's clearly a strategy that works, lets see how much people you can get on your side? Good luck lol.
  • Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    I personally think that TIME is what we’re all trying to fight. It’s what decides if we do specific content or not.

If they only came out with uncollected difficulty content from now on. I would still play daily, I would still put in that TIME. Those that think cavalier is easy, think that it’s not worth the TIME.

Rewards rewards rewards! That’s what we really want. Keep coming out with more abbys like quests and do it more often. The big guys will be happy.

I don’t really Understand the whole “it shouldn’t be easy, life isn’t easy. Like doesn’t work that way” of thinking.

I agree, THIS isn’t life, it’s a game to get lost in, to waste TIME. Doing begginer-normal-heroic-master-uncollected-cavalier-elders bane or whatever else quest difficulty only takes TIME.

TIME to build a roster, TIME to play and replay those OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

Hey I just look at it as more units for me. I don't mind it at all, maybe you guys are just too good for the game and need to find a new challenge because that's where the game is headed.

Maybe you all can learn from the complainers and become protest-men yourselves and say hey Kabam we want harder content. It's clearly a strategy that works, lets see how much people you can get on your side? Good luck lol.

I'm just not sure what it is that people are chasing currently. People keep asking for more more more more when it comes to rewards. For what though? If everything is basically cruise control once you get to the point of having that very developed roster? What's the point? What's the point of wanting a team of R3s that you have basically no need for whatsoever?

Everyone argued that story content needed a huge tune down as its "progressional content". I didn't agree but fine, that's what we got now. Then it's AQ and AW. Okay well here we are with that as well mostly. Now it's the newest top difficulty of EQ. I just honestly don't understand what the point of wanting all these extra rewards even is now. For show? To say look at what I have? I really don't get it.

For the 11ty billionth time, I'm well aware I'm probably not much more than an above average player supported by a much much more than above average roster. If even all this stuff is simple for myself, what are all you guys who claim to be amazing at this game chasing?

I'm well aware I'm in the minority and that's fine. I'm not even saying I'm right and anyone else is wrong. Just saying I'm confused to what the goal even is at this point if absolutely everything in game is just going to be tuned down so that no one ever hits a wall and has to sit back and say maybe they're not ready for something yet. At that point, once you've built your account up to a certain level, what's the point of even playing?

I'm just not sure what it is that people are chasing currently. People keep asking for more more more more when it comes to rewards. For what though? If everything is basically cruise control once you get to the point of having that very developed roster? What's the point? What's the point of wanting a team of R3s that you have basically no need for whatsoever?

Everyone argued that story content needed a huge tune down as its "progressional content". I didn't agree but fine, that's what we got now. Then it's AQ and AW. Okay well here we are with that as well mostly. Now it's the newest top difficulty of EQ. I just honestly don't understand what the point of wanting all these extra rewards even is now. For show? To say look at what I have? I really don't get it.

For the 11ty billionth time, I'm well aware I'm probably not much more than an above average player supported by a much much more than above average roster. If even all this stuff is simple for myself, what are all you guys who claim to be amazing at this game chasing?

I'm well aware I'm in the minority and that's fine. I'm not even saying I'm right and anyone else is wrong. Just saying I'm confused to what the goal even is at this point if absolutely everything in game is just going to be tuned down so that no one ever hits a wall and has to sit back and say maybe they're not ready for something yet. At that point, once you've built your account up to a certain level, what's the point of even playing?
    You're already at the pinnacle. I'm in a top 45 alliance and I got knocked down to top 90 a week ago and we had scratch and claw and recruit to be back to top 45. I have plenty more to chase in the game. I can advance my alliance to try to become top 30, we recently went from gold 2 a couple seasons ago and now we're at the bottom of plat 3 which is a huge jump. Not everyone is in a top alliance but I can strive for that.

I don't have your same kind of issues. My prestige is just under 11k but even if I use my skill t5cc (which I'm holding in hopes for NF) I will still only be 11.1k prestiege tops. This is that part that you're missing, more rewards and extra shards actually make a difference on my account and my team collectively for those that haven't finished Abyss which is unheard of at your level. I hope that explains why difficulty is not the most important thing for those us that aren't 13k prestige and Master war.

Yeah if I pushed I can rank 3 two more 6* champs, both are super, but I don't see the point. Contents are easy, I don't need high rank champs to clear it at all. I start to lose motivation in this game. I still play it a lot but more like a habit not because I have a goal or having fun.

You're already at the pinnacle. I'm in a top 45 alliance and I got knocked down to top 90 a week ago and we had scratch and claw and recruit to be back to top 45. I have plenty more to chase in the game. I can advance my alliance to try to become top 30, we recently went from gold 2 a couple seasons ago and now we're at the bottom of plat 3 which is a huge jump. Not everyone is in a top alliance but I can strive for that.

I don't have your same kind of issues. My prestige is just under 11k but even if I use my skill t5cc (which I'm holding in hopes for NF) I will still only be 11.1k prestiege tops. This is that part that you're missing, more rewards and extra shards actually make a difference on my account and my team collectively for those that haven't finished Abyss which is unheard of at your level. I hope that explains why difficulty is not the most important thing for those us that aren't 13k prestige and Master war.
    Right but what I'm getting at is, okay you get those champs and get them ranked up but what do you need them for? Why bother chasing 13k prestige or even care about AQ placement? Not like any of that is needed to finish any content in game once it's all nerfed to the point some of you seem to want. At that point it's just a pissing contest. How long do you think that holds interest? I moved from an alliance that only did AQ back to one that took war seriously bc I was bored out of my mind.

Is it once you are at the level that you want to be, then it's okay for content to be more difficult? I spent and pushed to get the roster I have to be prepared for whatever content comes next. If you don't even have to be prepared for anything new, what's the point of pushing in the first place? That's just what I don't get. It's not like getting some extra shards is going to let anyobe "catch up" to the big spenders. They'll always have what's in game along with whatever they spend on. I completely understand wanting to push yourself forward currently. I just don't really get what the end game is if everything is easy once you get "there".

Right but what I'm getting at is, okay you get those champs and get them ranked up but what do you need them for? Why bother chasing 13k prestige or even care about AQ placement? Not like any of that is needed to finish any content in game once it's all nerfed to the point some of you seem to want. At that point it's just a pissing contest. How long do you think that holds interest? I moved from an alliance that only did AQ back to one that took war seriously bc I was bored out of my mind.

Is it once you are at the level that you want to be, then it's okay for content to be more difficult? I spent and pushed to get the roster I have to be prepared for whatever content comes next. If you don't even have to be prepared for anything new, what's the point of pushing in the first place? That's just what I don't get. It's not like getting some extra shards is going to let anyobe "catch up" to the big spenders. They'll always have what's in game along with whatever they spend on. I completely understand wanting to push yourself forward currently. I just don't really get what the end game is if everything is easy once you get "there".
    I hear you, legitimately. Kabam just took it too far with act 6, the issue for me was the opposite. I had all these nicely ranked up champions and one combo to the face and 35k health would be gone. So I felt like whats the point of the higher champions. Higher health pools and less attack you can truly feel the difference in damage when you use those higher ranked champions. We just have different motivations but I can understand your side of it, I'm just not there yet and will frankly never be in the top 1% of the game so it is what it is.

I hear you, legitimately. Kabam just took it too far with act 6, the issue for me was the opposite. I had all these nicely ranked up champions and one combo to the face and 35k health would be gone. So I felt like whats the point of the higher champions. Higher health pools and less attack you can truly feel the difference in damage when you use those higher ranked champions. We just have different motivations but I can understand your side of it, I'm just not there yet and will frankly never be in the top 1% of the game so it is what it is.
    I've always agreed that the attack values in 6.3 and 6.4 were excessive. That's one thing we've agreed on from the jump. Whether things needed as large of a detune as they got, I probably wouldn't think so but I'm certainly glad that seems to be a direction they're steering away from.

I don't want to see people get completely stonewalled and road blocked in content they should actually be working on. I also don't want to see it get so simple that people just grind really hard for a few months to a year, finish everything, and then get bored bc there's nothing left to push for either. There has to be something that's still engaging in game on a regular basis for all players. Expecting the spenders and top tier players to only have something they can't sleep through every 3 years is just kind of silly.

Like I said I really thought they did well with the EQ, especially after I did some testing with 4*s. It seemed like a fun but still very reasonably manageable quest. If the rewards end up getting buffed, sweet. If they make some minor quest adjustments, fine as long as they stick with the direction they have for the most part. I just don't want to see everything watered down to the point of boredom is all. So far the book 2 beta seems pretty easy for me. Granted I'm aware at the options at my disposal. I'm gonna try to work through some of it with maybe less ideal options once I check some more of it out with what I would probably use once it's live.