**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WandaVision Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

how many times can i say it ... but LOVED THIS EPISODE lol ... and I love Tommy and Billy. superb way to introduce them to the MCU.

You gotta put that under a spoiler
    i'm just mentioning characters in the show. Wanda, Monica Rambeau, Darcy etc ... nothing regarding plot, reveals etc. Just a general hey I like how they did these two characters much like I'd say I like how they're handling Wanda, Vision, Agnes etc.

Curious to know how mentioning characters of whom have been publicly revealed for weeks would be considered a spoiler?
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

Can this show get any better?

Adding hulkling
    Billy is like 10. You’re gonna have to wait a lot longer for that storyline, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

Grean said:

Adding hulkling
    No, Wiccan's too young...
    But if each episode moves 1 decade, then in the next episode he should be around like, 20, so it could happen
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

Grean said:

Adding hulkling
    No, Wiccan's too young...
    But if each episode moves 1 decade, then in the next episode he should be around like, 20, so it could happen
    uh no. The TV show aspect.of.kt progresses by decade, but wanda and her family don't age unless they want to.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Allllright. That was an episode and I don’t know where to start.

So, Pietro is a weird one. Is it someone Wanda has implanted his memories in? Or is it actually Pietro? He doesn't seem to remember everything from their past, but also seems perfectly aware of everything? Plus he appears dead. Is that wanda’s imagination or is it another vision situation?

So many more questions than answers. I’m inclined to think this is stunt casting and he actually was ‘recasted’. Literally. No subtext, they literally just recast Pietro, like they did with hulk.

One thing of note is that Pietro refers to Tommy and Billy as ‘demon spawn’. Considering one of the comic lines this is based on, this is either a massive hint or a red herring.

Next, they’re really going for Spectrum with Monica, there is no doubt at this point. We knew it was coming but it is being shoved in our faces at this point

But more importantly, if this is how Monica is after being through the barrier twice for a limited time, what’s it going to be like for the residents. And I suppose, darcy and the sword agents now. Is this mutants? Is this really it?

No, I don’t think so. Between the main plot, Spectrum, SWORD, and the so far unseen controlling force, plus maybe Agnes, I think this show would be waaaayyy too busy if it introduced mutants too. But maybe they’ll go for it

Not to mention Monica’s mysterious space engineer who is brought up once again, but not shown or named. This cannot be no one right? I’ve seen Reed Richards and Blue Marvel thrown around a lot. Last week the foreign subtitles showed the reference pronoun being feminine, but this week they get called ‘my guy’, which is typically masculine. Basically, we have no idea who it is but those two options aren’t off the table

Hayworth is clearly trying to get vision back because he was doing something sketchy with him. But we don’t yet know whether vision can survive outside the anomaly. Obviously he starts falling apart when he leaves, but that seems to be more due to wanda’s magic than him actually falling apart. Another question without an answer this episode. But he knows what is going on now, it’ll be interesting to see the dynamic between him and Wanda next episode

Agnes remains more aware than other residents. Why? Who knows, maybe she has a hand in the anomaly’s creation as we’ve theorised. But she seems blissfully innocent when vision awakens her. So I’ve got no idea what’s going on with her

I’m getting worried we’re all just factoring Easter eggs into the plot when they have no bearing

Funnily enough, the anomaly expanding is actually one of the less interesting parts of this episode, although the shots in the show were freaking excellent. It does show Wanda has a huge amount of power over this, even if she doesn’t know how it started

Much less sitcom this episode, at least, it didn’t feel like sitcom after the first 5 minutes. But it was pretty creepy at points, especially the lingering shot of the tear running down the woman’s cheek

Wiccan and Speed now have their powers, I’m now wondering if we’ll see them grow up now. That is, if they aren’t actually demon spawn.

Overall, enjoyed the episode a lot, somehow created more questions than answers even though we’re at the end of act 2 now.

It feels like this show could have almost endgame levels of payoff. Weeks and weeks of anticipation. I just hope it follows through
    endgame levels of payoff that will spill into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • Options
    Also thought it was really cool that when Wanda expands the hex, you here some of the credits music (which is called Wandas theme)
  • Options
    @Rockypantherx
    I believe Quicksilver is a mix between mcu versions soul and mind but with xmen universe body. Or vice versa. I think both versions are jammed into one.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Hope I did the spoiler tag right. At the end of the episode when Wanda is expanding Westview it appears to go in all directions and doesn’t seem to stop. And if that’s the case it will hit New York. And you know who’s in New York? Doctor Stephen Strange.
    The spoiler tag isn't right. You should edit your post out with the spoiler. @Reverend_Ruckus
  • Options
    Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Hope I did the spoiler tag right. At the end of the episode when Wanda is expanding Westview it appears to go in all directions and doesn’t seem to stop. And if that’s the case it will hit New York. And you know who’s in New York? Doctor Stephen Strange.
  • Options

a) you gotta paste it inside the div @Reverend_Ruckus (see in the original quote I’ve edited)
    b) i believe it did stop
  • Options
    Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    @SpideyFunko aww my bad
  • Options

@SpideyFunko aww my bad

It’s cool. Just make sure you don’t do that for the future
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Wow, that was a good episode. The twins got powers! The anomaly expanding was interesting. I can’t wait for the next episode!

I have a theory about this. It’s kind of far-fetched. What if Wanda absorbed the power of the Infinity Stones when they were destroyed? That would explain how she reanimated Vision and controlled the residents with the mind stone, how she created the Hex with the reality stone, and revived Quicksilver with the soul stone. She also froze time, but I think it was just in the Hex, so probably not the time stone. Far-fetched, but it could be possible and would explain some stuff. We wouldn’t be able to prove if she had the Power stone, and nothing about the space stone yet.
    or you know, time could be the fact that she is switching through sitcom decades each episode
    Oh yeah lol. Totally forgot about that major plot point.
    Wiccan was using the bluish space stone-looking energy with his powers too. Not sure if it’s connected, or just a color choice.
  • Options
    SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    Remember how Agnes told Vision that he was dead? How did she know, because to my knowledge, Nobody but the Avengers knew that he died in Infinity war.
    And of course as I'm writing this I'm remembering that it's been 5 years, but still I would like to know how she knows.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Wow, that was a good episode. The twins got powers! The anomaly expanding was interesting. I can’t wait for the next episode!

I have a theory about this. It’s kind of far-fetched. What if Wanda absorbed the power of the Infinity Stones when they were destroyed? That would explain how she reanimated Vision and controlled the residents with the mind stone, how she created the Hex with the reality stone, and revived Quicksilver with the soul stone. She also froze time, but I think it was just in the Hex, so probably not the time stone. Far-fetched, but it could be possible and would explain some stuff. We wouldn’t be able to prove if she had the Power stone, and nothing about the space stone yet.
    how would she have absorbed the infinity stones? She got snapped before they were destroyed.
  • Options
    Sazed said:

Remember how Agnes told Vision that he was dead? How did she know, because to my knowledge, Nobody but the Avengers knew that he died in Infinity war.
    And of course as I'm writing this I'm remembering that it's been 5 years, but still I would like to know how she knows.
    I’m guessing something like that would have been public knowledge. Same as if a celebrity dies. Also, Wanda’s been in her head for weeks. I bet she’s had some thoughts about Vision. But the way Agnes kept yelling Dead at him makes me think she was trying to provoke him to leave.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

Crcrcrc said:

how would she have absorbed the infinity stones? She got snapped before they were destroyed.
    No clue. Like I said, far-fetched. But it would explain some things if that’s where they’re going.
  • Options
    Sazed said:

• Options
    edited February 2021

For one, yes, the aerospace engineer would be great if it's Reed Richards. Even better if it's John Krasinski
    Swear it need to be John and Emily as Reed/Susan.

@Speedro420 you need to put it in between the <. div class="Spoiler"> and the < /div> (Just don’t put spaces like I did)
  • Options
    PuttPuttPuttPutt Posts: 241 ★★★
    I noticed that in the beginning of the episode one of the twins was wearing a hat with a Creeper on it. This episode took place in the 90s but Minecraft didn’t come out until 2011.