**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

She'd go R3 in a heartbeat.

Lainua said:

The complaint about 1 rank 3 6* is ridiculous. If you don't have at least 1 at this point, you don't deserve the title, period.

I think they should raise the bar to 5 6* rank 3. It makes more sense.

Says the guy with 5 R3 6* :p
    @Sillyboy710 these are my best champs and I’m way off, and I still agree with this gating by rank ups, it allows them to ensure that those completing content by specific players can be catered towards as they know what kind of power their champs have.

And what about skill? I beat the GM with my 5* roster months ago
    But can't get the progression title coz I've not had the best 6* pulls and my t5cc is spread across the classes so I don't have 1 formed yet. Gating by rank ups can work I just feel like the R3 6* is a bit too much maybe do it by the amount of champs you have that are R5 5* or better
    I would too but that's not my champ that's Stark154667's Elsa
    Sorry. It's almost 4 a.m. here. Hahaha.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    Time to add T5CC in the glory store. 2% selector every week could be really good, you would get 8 to 10% of a T5cc of your choosing every month.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@Sillyboy710 it comes down to RNG and being at a power level fit for the rewards... I’m waiting to get my medusa awakened from a gem as she’s my best option for 6.2.2 sinister and I know it’s not what you want to hear but patience is an essential part of this game.

The thing is I believe that I am at the power level to deserve the rewards but just coz I haven't got the RnG to r3 a 6* I must have patience? We all know that the value of the rewards depreciate significantly in this game that's why newer players wont 100% LoL anymore coz the effort is not worth the rewards. By the time I can R3 a 6* the value of the percs wont be as much as now so having patience is not gonna cut it here.
    Yawn. I've completed act 6. Don't have a R3. I've got over 15k units and could do an abyss run or finish exploring act 6 if I wanted to. I don't feel the need to get the title the minute it's available though. All the complaints are funny. God forbid some people have to wait a bit to get the latest thing lol. If I had better RNG I'd have done the abyss with the Aegon I don't have. It's all good.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101

@Catapoulpe maybe for the throne breakers

That would be even more BS, we need something to help us get one 6r3 that is not rng dependant
  • Sillyboy710Sillyboy710 Posts: 33

@Sillyboy710 it comes down to RNG and being at a power level fit for the rewards... I’m waiting to get my medusa awakened from a gem as she’s my best option for 6.2.2 sinister and I know it’s not what you want to hear but patience is an essential part of this game.

The thing is I believe that I am at the power level to deserve the rewards but just coz I haven't got the RnG to r3 a 6* I must have patience? We all know that the value of the rewards depreciate significantly in this game that's why newer players wont 100% LoL anymore coz the effort is not worth the rewards. By the time I can R3 a 6* the value of the percs wont be as much as now so having patience is not gonna cut it here.
    Yawn. I've completed act 6. Don't have a R3. I've got over 15k units and could do an abyss run or finish exploring act 6 if I wanted to. I don't feel the need to get the title the minute it's available though. All the complaints are funny. God forbid some people have to wait a bit to get the latest thing lol. If I had better RNG I'd have done the abyss with the Aegon I don't have. It's all good.
    Its not about waiting dude all other progression titles in the game are beat this content get upgraded rewards never has what I decide to do with my resources been a factor until now
  • Sillyboy710Sillyboy710 Posts: 33

@Sillyboy710 I wouldn't go based on a tier list I'd choose someone you enjoy (I took my Blade up before Aegon etc.)

100% agree that's why I'll never rank my 6* sentinel (he's a great champ) I just don't enjoy playing with him I find his animations very clunky
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

Aziz5253 said:

even so

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    So what I am I hearing is that this was planned to roll out in book 2 as part of long term plans and isn’t something you can put off. Being that you pushed back book 2 due to feedback you now need to get this into the game before upcoming events so future plans are not also disrupted.

The progression requirements were meant to be much more restrictive but since the content to meet those requirements has been delayed you need to at least put in something similar?
    I suspect it might be less an issue of delay, and more an issue of structure. Act 6 and Book 2 were originally envisioned as traditional end game content in my opinion. They were designed under the idea that if most players can't do it, too bad. But as the philosophy has changed to be more like everyone should *eventually* be able to do it, and the difficulty and rewards should be more of a graceful step up from Uncollected to Cav to beyond within that content, the title made less sense to embed within Book 2, because Book 2 would not place as high of a progressional burden.

At the risk of oversimplifying, I think Thronebreaker is intended to be an end game title (today, before future titles supplant it), but completing Act 6 and even Book 2 is no longer seen as only an end gamer's activity. So instead Kabam wanted to shift from a content-clearing title like Uncollected or Cav to something else that is more correlated with end game accomplishments, and rank 3 rank ups was the obvious next choice. But while content-clearing titles are pretty binary, either you did them or you didn't, rank ups are more hazy because different people rank up at different paces. Some players rank up quickly, some want to rank up more deliberately, and of course things like spending affect how much rank 3 resources a player might have independent of progress. So Kabam decided to ease off of "multiple rank 3s" as being the marker of an end game player for the purposes of the title, and require just one to make sure that the requirement wasn't so high that it cut off too many end game players from the title.
    Pretty much how I feel. With the severe reduction in story content difficulty, there's not really too many other ways they can segment off sections of the playerbase besides also including a measure of roster strength/size.

I understand people not liking it but with the new direction in content design it's not surprising they also revisited title requirements
    So explain to me how someone who has barely completed Act 6 belongs in that group while someone who has explored everything doesn't.
    The likelihood of someone that has explored "everything" having zero R3 options is basically slim to none. Is it possible and are there probably a small number of people out there in that situation? Absolutely. It's not remotely going to be the norm or even slightly common
    It doesn't have to be everything, there are so many players with no R3 that have explored Act 6. Why should people that lack the skill or time to do so be rewarded because their luck is good while those who do have the skill and/or time don't get rewarded because they aren't lucky?
    They have to draw a line somewhere. An act 6 completion is barely much more tasking than getting cavalier now. The gap between the bottom of cavalier and the top is so massive its almost people playing different games.

I wish the title would have been behind 100% act 6 AND a R3 personally. They've given a much more lenient requirement. The fact that so many people are upset just shows you how easy it is to get a completion run done now.
    Might I remind you that completing Act 6 and exploring is itself heavily Rng dependent as you need a lot of right Champs for it. Atleast setting the limit to completion is reasonable. I may partially disagree with the r3 thing but I feel they should instead set the limit to 5 r2s to make it more reasonable.
    This entire game is built around RNG. I cannot fathom how some of you continue to play the game but fail to accept this
    That's exactly my point. The entire game is built around RNG, and I have no effing problem with that. But the problem is that even titles which are meant to be for those with skill (which gives leeway for those without luck since they can bypass with skill) get completely screwed because they didn't get a t5cc of the class they own. And you have no idea how long it takes for a ftp player to make ONE t5cc, let alone of their own choice
    edited September 2020

@Aziz5253 gating is about ensuring you're ready for the content, you wouldn't want a conqueror with 4*s playing Cav difficulty really. For cav you can only get when you clear content with 5*s which is RNG gating also, you complain like this when cav was released?

The first point is quite unreasonable. You obviously can't have a conqueror player on cav difficulty. And no it's not really RNG gating because you can get around with skill with a smaller pool of Champs. You can see my history, I was in support of the difficulty but was in favor of better rewards. I'm talking about cav difficulty here
    edited September 2020

You have the “skill”? Well that’s only half the equation. And as already pointed out that “skill” requirement means little to nothing now thanks to the nerf of story content.

“Campaign progression titles help segment players so that we can appropriately target content and rewards to different levels of progression and roster maturity. With the switch to both a test of skill/progression and roster maturity, we’ll be able to do that for the top-tier players.”

If you don’t also fit the roster maturity you aren't’ a throne breaker no matter how much kicking, screaming and complains about rng you do, simple as that.

Build a bridge to get you over the river of tears son.

I don't mind the roster maturity, but I was recommending setting it instead to 5 or more r2 6* because the resources can be gathered over months and then gradually be done. But there's currently no such thing for t5ccs because they're already difficult to get (the shards) and other than exploring act 6 or abyss there's no selector.

Then again if they're making t5ccs more readily available in cavalier difficulties, then this wouldn't be a problem.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Today Only! 15,000 Units!

@Aziz5253 I mean getting cav as in story progression, without a bleed immune champ you cannot get through X-bones etc. so it is restrictive, but we all get past it sooner or later

I agree, but bleed immune has a very large set of Champs under it. And I don't think there are many people with more 5-7 5* Champs and no bleed immune in it, sure there might be some, but not as many

@Aziz5253 took me 22! I know the rng screwed me there but still...

And my first champ was a bleed immune! I don't mind the RNG really, but what I'm saying is currently it looks like an invisible requirement to 100% Act 6 because we get the t5cc selector (this is still far fetched because correct and favourable rng can get you a t5cc of choice way quicker)
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Werewrym said:

Mcord117 said:

Werewrym said:

dot_ditto said:

H3t3r said:

I dont understand the need of the r3 6* requirement.

It's an attempt to replace the Gating mechanism ... *shrug*

These kinds of limits are not good, and when they finally admitted the 6* gates were bad .. they should have realized this isn't good idea either ..

oh well.
    This is completely different from 6* gates. The goal here is to split those who have obtained the cavalier title. They want that split to be a very high cutoff. R3 champs are probably only in the rosters of the top 1-2% of players which is what they want. It is nearly impossible to design content for cavalier players because the disparity between new Cavaliers and end game cavaliers is so large. This type of progression split is absolutely needed for health of the game.
    Except that many of the players without r3 champs can still do content easier than some of the 1-2% with r3. This does not fix the gap you are talking about, and if cavalier difficulty just came out after how long the community asked for it, I find it extraordinarily unlikely they are just going to role put thrown breaker
    I already made a comment in this thread where I stated my opinion on that. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1430515#Comment_1430515

I do completely understand that some players are temporarily going to be exempt from this title because they have no r3 6* (due to bad RNG, but you may have act 6 and even abyss 100%), but if you are at that point in the game you should be able to at least see that having such a hefty cutoff will help in the long term with seperation of player progression. The problem with the cavalier title was that it was way to easy to obtain, and could even be gotten prematurely by just throwing some units at it. Having a progression level dependent on a r3 champ will ensure that players cannot just rush the progression milestones and start getting rewards way above their account level.
    They can rush it though, they just unit though act 6 and buy the t5 selectors.

Once you’ve completed act 6 that’s the fastest way to obtain the title, at that point the differentiator is luck or cash, unless you push on to 100% act 6.

Now those people that do 100% act 6 as a means of getting r3 will be separated from first time clearers by both the required roster depth and the skill and dedication levels required to do so (which is what I assume Kabam are trying to achieve) but will be grouped together by title with people who unit-manned through completion and whaled on catalyst deals (and also the true end gamers). We are then back at this point where we have a vast disparity in ability within the progression group and those guys who rush/pay through to a r3 are hugely underprepared for whatever content comes out for throne breakers similar to all the crying at cav eq release from the guys who don’t have a single champ for buffed up or diss track.

As an example at the point I finished act 6 earlier this summer I had 5 r5s and nearly 40% of a T5cc, upon completion I took CV to r2 and had chosen mystic 25%. I’m not 100% sure (Happy to be corrected here) but fairly certain I could have bought the rest of that catalyst through the July deals and subsequent selector deals and taken her to r3 very quickly. Am I then at that point justifiably grouped with the end gamers, a 600k account with 5r5s and one r3?

Is that the separation kabam are trying to achieve?

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I mean, it’s a shame that I won’t be able to get this thronebreaker title immediately, but atleast I’ve got champs in 2-3 classes that I’d happily r3 so I just need to form the T5cc to get there (beat 6.4 6+ months ago).

Feel sorry for those that have explored everything and still can’t get the resources or champs they need though, maybe they could’ve had it so that you can get thronebreaker through the current method or by beating abyss and act 6 100%?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Seriously guys..

The “Throne Breaker” title should be just for the “Breaker of Thrones”.

Period. 😊
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    @StevieManWonder Ye probably not the hardest but it makes it hardest cause of charges as you said. Same with LoL , it aint hard but we get capped cause of enrage (not with our r5's tho)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Werewrym said:

Mcord117 said:

Werewrym said:

dot_ditto said:

H3t3r said:

These kinds of limits are not good, and when they finally admitted the 6* gates were bad .. they should have realized this isn't good idea either ..

oh well.
    This is completely different from 6* gates. The goal here is to split those who have obtained the cavalier title. They want that split to be a very high cutoff. R3 champs are probably only in the rosters of the top 1-2% of players which is what they want. It is nearly impossible to design content for cavalier players because the disparity between new Cavaliers and end game cavaliers is so large. This type of progression split is absolutely needed for health of the game.
    Except that many of the players without r3 champs can still do content easier than some of the 1-2% with r3. This does not fix the gap you are talking about, and if cavalier difficulty just came out after how long the community asked for it, I find it extraordinarily unlikely they are just going to role put thrown breaker
    I already made a comment in this thread where I stated my opinion on that. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1430515#Comment_1430515

I do completely understand that some players are temporarily going to be exempt from this title because they have no r3 6* (due to bad RNG, but you may have act 6 and even abyss 100%), but if you are at that point in the game you should be able to at least see that having such a hefty cutoff will help in the long term with seperation of player progression. The problem with the cavalier title was that it was way to easy to obtain, and could even be gotten prematurely by just throwing some units at it. Having a progression level dependent on a r3 champ will ensure that players cannot just rush the progression milestones and start getting rewards way above their account level.

Once you’ve completed act 6 that’s the fastest way to obtain the title, at that point the differentiator is luck or cash, unless you push on to 100% act 6.

Now those people that do 100% act 6 as a means of getting r3 will be separated from first time clearers by both the required roster depth and the skill and dedication levels required to do so (which is what I assume Kabam are trying to achieve) but will be grouped together by title with people who unit-manned through completion and whaled on catalyst deals (and also the true end gamers). We are then back at this point where we have a vast disparity in ability within the progression group and those guys who rush/pay through to a r3 are hugely underprepared for whatever content comes out for throne breakers similar to all the crying at cav eq release from the guys who don’t have a single champ for buffed up or diss track.

As an example at the point I finished act 6 earlier this summer I had 5 r5s and nearly 40% of a T5cc, upon completion I took CV to r2 and had chosen mystic 25%. I’m not 100% sure (Happy to be corrected here) but fairly certain I could have bought the rest of that catalyst through the July deals and subsequent selector deals and taken her to r3 very quickly. Am I then at that point justifiably grouped with the end gamers, a 600k account with 5r5s and one r3?

In terms of definition, yes. But you’ll be on the list of “unable to complete content catered to that select group of people”. (Which most probably will lead to more whining and complaining lol).
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    xNig said:

Berjibs said:

Werewrym said:

Mcord117 said:

Werewrym said:

dot_ditto said:

H3t3r said:

oh well.

In terms of definition, yes. But you’ll be on the list of “unable to complete content catered to that select group of people”. (Which most probably will lead to more whining and complaining lol).

Exactly, I’m agreeing with you. Original version of title is a much better way to divide the post cav group of players. One you need the roster and skill to get through act 6 100% and two it doesn’t pressure you to take a champ to r3 if you would be better spending those resources elsewhere. It’s much less rng dependent and closes the door somewhat on those forcing their way into the title through cash.

If you think I’m in the group moaning about difficulty all the time btw, and that was a dig (I know you like to get those in all the time on those below your level), you’d be wrong.

I’m in favour of more difficult content as it goes, cav eq was too easy, show up was unjustifiably nerfed and act 6 nerf was for the most part too heavy handed imo. I want content I can grow into. I want a challenge that’s always above my current skill level otherwise what fun is there in this game?