**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

It should probably be given to those that fully explore act 6, and then remove the r3 requirement.

One pass of Act 6 + luck + money now gets you this title, versus someone that fully explored Act 6 + unlucky + didn't spend? Doesn't seem right.

I don't think the gap between someone completing 6.1 and the completing 3 more chapters and then getting a lucky 6* pull and matching t5cc is enough of a gap to warrant a new title.

Someone who has completed act 6 can easily go back and explore it save for 3/4 quests in chapter 2.
  • Options
    Harding7Harding7 Posts: 59
    These are my 6* Iv done 1 run of AOL and completion of act 6 and working on exploring at the moment I would say every has a champ they can take up maybe not a god tier, I got a mystic cat so I’m taking SS, you need to think of this as the same as other resources/rank ups in the game, is it worth me ranking a champ to get better rewards daily or hold on till I get the champ I want, in this game you make them decisions all the time like do I rank up man thing for acid wash or do I spend units, do I rank up champs for synergy’s or wait, the game is a resource game how you choose to spend them is up to you, it the same as I need that champ for that boss/content I’ll rank him up, it’s your choice to rank up and get this title. It’s just weighing up the pros and cons, I wish I had a tech/cosmic t5cc but I haven’t, I wish I had doom/bwcv for the mystic cat I have got but I haven’t, but you know what I’m going to rank up SS undupped and get them rewards to progress my account and that’s my choice, your choice my be different that’s fine, look at the title as content and attack it the same way if warlock is the best counter but I haven’t got him but I can do it with ice man would you rank up ice man

or wait, I rank up ice man
  • Options
    The game is about choices and managing your resources how you she best, so simply put you rank a champ that maybe is the best to get the title or you wait till you get a champ you want to rank up, no one forcing anyone to do anything, so you way up, is the title and rewards worth ranking up a champ you may not want to that’s your choice, I’m no whale but I remember trying to do LOL with a 4* star lord and it was a pain so I waited till I got a better option, same decision now so so I wait or not
  • Options
    Do they even have any idea how hard it is to get the right materials to any 6* to r3 let alone getting a r3 worthy 6* in the first place? That requirement is too unjust. It should be just completion like all the other titles in the past.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It should be something You can work toward with a hard cut line on when you accomplish it through content. Not something I sit around hoping for due to crystals giving me what I need.

Act 6 100% makes sense to gate from cavalier AND there are roster restrictions in the content already to drive the intent.. The r3 requirement is to drive t5cc sales, especially selectors. Easier content design we have asked for lowers unit use so this is to drive some increased spending. I think it’s helping to balance the sheet. And truth is I am not even there on 100%. I already don’t feel inspired to do it. I have an easier path to the r3 requirement as I could do it today and all I need is a little mystic t5cc and boom doom at r3 to not waste my cosmic on king groot today if I’m patient and a little lucky next month with EQ and events. But I can shoot for act 6 100% grind out in the next month and put the time and effort in to do it. I can actually say if I do x I get y.

The current option is actually more if I do x I may be able to do y or if not then I do z to maybe be able to do y or then I do a to maybe be able to do y and so on. That is absolutely horrid crushing design and a bad player feedback loop. Also I could waste t5cc and do y today. Another bad feedback loop. Or I could just say whatever and forget y exists.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    psst

drink water
  • Options
    Nic264Nic264 Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    @Kabam Miike I have a 6s r3 character and also complete act 6 100% but I don’t receive anything
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike what rewards do these 4 hour and daily crystals hold, as I believe it may help ppl decide weather to wait or rank up champs, the more information you give us the better it is for the player base and may stop a lot of the worries players have, you said you would have better communication with us, this I believe would help
  • Options

xNig said:

The thing about rare resources is that, when people say “I have no one to upgrade.” It generally means “I have no beyond god tier champs as a 6* to rank and will not accept any other choice except A B or C.”

Absolutely. There are many Champs worth taking up that aren't on the short list. People don't want to bother if they're not "God Tier".
    Totally agree it's not about just holding out for the one or two top god tier champs, but this is still totally unfair. Rewards luck and not necessarily skill, progression or even roster development in my opinion. I can have a diverse roster of 30 x 5/65 and no rank 3, while someone else can have hardly any max 5* but a single rank 3.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

xNig said:

The thing about rare resources is that, when people say “I have no one to upgrade.” It generally means “I have no beyond god tier champs as a 6* to rank and will not accept any other choice except A B or C.”

Absolutely. There are many Champs worth taking up that aren't on the short list. People don't want to bother if they're not "God Tier".
    Totally agree it's not about just holding out for the one or two top god tier champs, but this is still totally unfair. Rewards luck and not necessarily skill, progression or even roster development in my opinion. I can have a diverse roster of 30 x 5/65 and no rank 3, while someone else can have hardly any max 5* but a single rank 3.
    So you would rather the go back to wanting yo to have many r3s?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I am just a cavalier player still in 6.2 but I am fine with the requirements of the throne breaker progression title. It is meant to be achieved over time and not exactly at the moment. And sure enough, over time you will get the t5cc, you will get the required 6 star champs.

However I can understand the issues some people have regarding the offers involved.
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    We know that the title isn’t going anywhere. Point is, for many people, they will be forced to rank up mediocre champions in order to keep their progression from being halted.
    That is not the definition of halted, your progression speed does not thang in any way if you cannot get this title, therefor it is not being “halted”
  • Options
    MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    I'm in agreement with the community. Having R3 6* does not relate to the progression a player has made in the game. It's based on RNG and/or money spent.
    I could technically R3 two of my 6* but it would suck to have to rank up lame champs to be eligible for the title.
  • Options

I'm in agreement with the community. Having R3 6* does not relate to the progression a player has made in the game. It's based on RNG and/or money spent.
    I could technically R3 two of my 6* but it would suck to have to rank up lame champs to be eligible for the title.

It is progression, just like the number of r5 5*s you have is a measure of progression
  • Options
    Steel_22Steel_22 Posts: 38
    While I wholeheartedly believe that the current gate for thronebreaker makes total sense for the state of the game, it's clear there's a bunch of salty people who want to be able to get it easier.

Here are some potential adjustments I thought of

1. Give players the option to get throne breaker with the current method, or by exploring all of act 6
    2. Act 6 completion and at least 1 R3 6*, or, Act 6 completion and 5 R2 6*
  • Options
    MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    Lormif said:

It is progression, just like the number of r5 5*s you have is a measure of progression
    That is not at all the same thing. The number of champs is not RNG base. You pull a champ and you get one. Having decent champs to rank up is totally RNG based and a title should not be based on that.
  • Options

Lormif said:

That is not at all the same thing. The number of champs is not RNG base. You pull a champ and you get one. Having decent champs to rank up is totally RNG based and a title should not be based on that.
    you are confusing 2 different concepts. There is 2 different things here, roster size and roster strength. I stated the number of r5 5*s you have. This says I am talking about roster strength, which is a measure how how strong your team is. No one will argue that having 120 champs at r1 5* is stronger than having 8 champs at r5 5*(other than maybe Rap), even if they are meme tier they will still help you get through content better than the r1 5*s. It is also why we tell level 30s that get a 6* **** champ that it is still good for them because it will allow them to go through content better than their 3*s and 4*s, or even low ranked 5*s..

the number of ranked champions we have has always been a measure of progression.
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    I think I heard someone say this already, but just replace the 6r3 barrier with just having one t5cc. And even better, make it about how many t5cc crystals you have opened. As long as you’ve opened enough to get 1 whole t5cc if you had perfect RNG, there will be no rng involved in this.