**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I don't think it's all that bad unless the defender has unblockable specials. And I don't like how sometimes the defender is out of reach when attacking right after the root
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

LET'S GET TO THE ROOT OF IT!

WHERE CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK?

Right HERE in this thread!

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheerio!
    so for feedback and this may have been just a general control issue with the game but i noticed it here ... whenever the defender would build to an SP1, i would get stuck from doing any action .. couldn't throw a heavy attack etc and this happened without them throwing a special. i would just get stuck as if to be rooted whenever they got to a special.

i was using AA and it's the only champ I noticed it on. but he was definitely stuck from any action. no rooted circle. no special attack thrown but i couldn't throw a heavy attack or move.

and this was not after a special was thrown or after any rooted had happened.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I'm not a fan. My main issue with it, is that it lingers a touch too long, so punishing specials is made pretty much impossible. Just like the guy above that posted a video of Ghost kicking the air instead of making contact. I had this same issue with Dr. VooDoo in the new EQ. I was going against Magik and successfully evaded her sp with the root thing, but I couldn't hit her because it didn't let me do a dash right away. This made me get hit with a combo, where as 99% of the time,. I would be the one landing a combo.

I also don't understand the reason behind this mechanic. If I dex or evade a special, why do I just stand there now with a purple glow around me that limits my movements. I do believe the reason is to limit being able to punish specials, which is ridiculous and seems like a cash grab for some content.

This wouldn't be an issue in arena, but in story mode, EQ and incursions, we are basically being forced to re-learn the game and the way he practiced so hard to learn.

If this mechanic was to improve gameplay, you guys missed the mark big time.

Well, you also have to keep in mind that this is only a node that uses the mechanic, not what the mechanic solely is.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    REMINDER: This is only the first node of (I believe) seven. Sure you can heavy counter more with THIS node but before everyone judges the ability wait till the end of the week.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I’d love to further test this mechanic out, but I think you did this on the wrong month. You should’ve done it on one of the side events that allows entry into every difficulty, such as last month’s. The ‘perfect dex” skill Rooted teaches could end up being very valuable in the future, and I’d like to be able to play around with it more than 30 minutes a day
  • Options
    SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    I am not liking this new mechanic much. I don't play Quake because I really don't like the feeling of being pinned against the wall. Oddly enough good Quake should not mind Root.

I guess I will try to play around the mechanic with Magik and Stark Spidey. Or actually use Quake...
  • Options
    TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    I love new root mechanics
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I found it quite enjoyable. It was a fun twist on the game that gave me some enjoyment doing that quest.
  • Options
    FimbFimb Posts: 17
    I really enjoyed the mechanic. It forces you to think and evade specials you never really had to think about before (mostly melee ones like rogue, colossus, etc.) and when you do it just right you’re still close to them and can start wacking them on the head instantly when they’re done.

I personally didn’t had any delay after their specials, so it was very easy to punish those specials. I did however lost input reaction once between two specials, but hard to say if it was because of root.

Overall I find the idea very interesting and can’t wait to see where you will be heading with that!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Makes it difficult to Bait.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Day 1 wasn't too bad. I am decent at the game, but not the best player. Had fun with my 6* Corvus.

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed the node and the quest. I've run legendary twice and didn't need to use any items but the node made it more interesting.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    It’s just making for a bunch of whiffing, it’s lame
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

So here's my feedback after first time trying it (completing whole legendary diff side quest):
    1) it is really nicely done graphically. It feels like the character can move a bit and that actually makes it feel good
    2) this form (rooted while sps) can teach players to dex, however it can mess up your combos a bit, since you dash in only a tiny distance
    3) against unblockable sps (Colossus) it can get quite annoying
    4) NEVER combine this node with Counterstrike. It'd be pure cancer, I mean it

who were the champs you faced?
    I had actually very easy path. Cyclops, Storm, Magik, X-23, Iceman, Wolverine, Colossus and idk who else. Hardest was that 35k Iceman