**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about the new cavalier difficulty objective...

124»

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I just want to point out that I just got cavalier and am halfway done with the cav event quest this month and have been using at least 2 4*s on my team each quest. I’ve used 2 revives and yes, it has been long. But not as long as getting through act 6 content.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    So my point is, this is completely possible. It just requires patience and some dedication
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Gigantea said:

This objective are for god tier players. I don’t want to touch this same like the last one.

Meh, i did it and i’m pretty **** so definitely not for god tier players
    This content is made for players who have consumables expiring so yes you fit that criteria lol. Nice try being humble.
    We haven’t gotten compensation so didn’t really have a lot of consumables since I don’t really get them. I do mostly rank 4* these days, almost exclusively so that’s why i like these challenges
    By default you have expiring consumables and potions. You don't need Kabam compensation for that, you get it by simply playing the game regularly that's all I'm saying.
  • Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    Is it working currently? I just beat Sasquatch in cavalier with 4 stars and it wasn’t registered in the objectives. Is it only the final boss or the entire path?
  • Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    Wait I think it’s the entire quest. Oh well time to go back in. It is challenging but quite fun.
  • So I've finally gotten some time to tackle this. First time around I just plowed through it. This time around I'm pacing myself more. Not sure if this is due to the content or due to it being the second time around, but it seems to be a bit more tedious to me. Not excessively so, but more so. Did the first one yesterday and the second one today. It seems slightly harder in spots, but I think this is as much due to the fights putting somewhat more pressure on your "RPG knowledge" (as Kabam puts it).

For example, I tried to plow through 1.2 with a downscaled version of the kind of team I would bring if I were using my full strength teams, and got completely wrecked repeatedly. It took some thinking to put together a less conventional team (for me) that worked much better as 4*. I used Voodoo to bring down Nick (which is something I don't think I've ever done before at 5*) and Voodoo was able to keep him under control enough to make him easily soloable (a Nick with no power is a Nick that can't kill you). I did the rest of the path through to the Rocket easy link node with Sorcerer Supreme. If you want to play slow and steady, she's the queen of recovering chip and block (and occasional slip up) damage. I *thought* I could bring down Red Hulk with Ghost (+ Wasp) but my Ghost skills are still not quite there, but Doom was an excellent backup for Red Hulk. Why? Because Doom has an unblockable SP1, which means I was less likely to get trapped with Bane while Red Hulk was turtling behind block. I did have to revive twice on RH, but that's not bad in the grand scheme of things. No potions on the path, couple revives on boss.

Never thought about Voodoo for Nick until I was forced to. So that was one interesting thing the 4* challenge squeezed out.

Overall, I think if I have one complaint about the 4* challenge, it is that it would be more palatable if the easy path in Cav was one fight shorter. Its supposed to be the easy path for Cav anyway, so making it one fight shorter would not be inconsistent with it being the easy path in general, and would make 4* challenge mode objectives somewhat less grindy. Like if you removed the Marvel from that path, its not like any Cavalier capable of doing the challenge would notice that one champion gone from the path. She adds no difficulty (she's an easy fight in general), just time.
    DNA3000 said:

So I've finally gotten some time to tackle this. First time around I just plowed through it. This time around I'm pacing myself more. Not sure if this is due to the content or due to it being the second time around, but it seems to be a bit more tedious to me. Not excessively so, but more so. Did the first one yesterday and the second one today. It seems slightly harder in spots, but I think this is as much due to the fights putting somewhat more pressure on your "RPG knowledge" (as Kabam puts it).

For example, I tried to plow through 1.2 with a downscaled version of the kind of team I would bring if I were using my full strength teams, and got completely wrecked repeatedly. It took some thinking to put together a less conventional team (for me) that worked much better as 4*. I used Voodoo to bring down Nick (which is something I don't think I've ever done before at 5*) and Voodoo was able to keep him under control enough to make him easily soloable (a Nick with no power is a Nick that can't kill you). I did the rest of the path through to the Rocket easy link node with Sorcerer Supreme. If you want to play slow and steady, she's the queen of recovering chip and block (and occasional slip up) damage. I *thought* I could bring down Red Hulk with Ghost (+ Wasp) but my Ghost skills are still not quite there, but Doom was an excellent backup for Red Hulk. Why? Because Doom has an unblockable SP1, which means I was less likely to get trapped with Bane while Red Hulk was turtling behind block. I did have to revive twice on RH, but that's not bad in the grand scheme of things. No potions on the path, couple revives on boss.

Never thought about Voodoo for Nick until I was forced to. So that was one interesting thing the 4* challenge squeezed out.

Overall, I think if I have one complaint about the 4* challenge, it is that it would be more palatable if the easy path in Cav was one fight shorter. Its supposed to be the easy path for Cav anyway, so making it one fight shorter would not be inconsistent with it being the easy path in general, and would make 4* challenge mode objectives somewhat less grindy. Like if you removed the Marvel from that path, its not like any Cavalier capable of doing the challenge would notice that one champion gone from the path. She adds no difficulty (she's an easy fight in general), just time.

I think Cav difficulty is even too tedious when it comes to your full roster let alone the 4 star challenge. I just don't want to rankup and use resources on a monthly event. I rather use resources elsewhere. I think if they want to continue this trend make it worth our while by either making it 15% or a 10% selector. If I know exactly where the 10% is going I would grind it out once a month whether I like it or not.

Also, you no longer hear that talk about Cav difficulty being too easy so thanks a lot to all of you guys who pushed kabam to make it more difficult. Which for me just takes more time to get it done.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

So I've finally gotten some time to tackle this. First time around I just plowed through it. This time around I'm pacing myself more. Not sure if this is due to the content or due to it being the second time around, but it seems to be a bit more tedious to me. Not excessively so, but more so. Did the first one yesterday and the second one today. It seems slightly harder in spots, but I think this is as much due to the fights putting somewhat more pressure on your "RPG knowledge" (as Kabam puts it).

I think Cav difficulty is even too tedious when it comes to your full roster let alone the 4 star challenge. I just don't want to rankup and use resources on a monthly event. I rather use resources elsewhere. I think if they want to continue this trend make it worth our while by either making it 15% or a 10% selector. If I know exactly where the 10% is going I would grind it out once a month whether I like it or not.

Also, you no longer hear that talk about Cav difficulty being too easy so thanks a lot to all of you guys who pushed kabam to make it more difficult. Which for me just takes more time to get it done.
    Wait they made it more difficult?

DNA3000 said:

Yes, they put Thing on a buffed up node with a power gain and Nova. If that isn't harder I don't know what is. That was strategically placed and you can't just power through it like most of Cav difficulty.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Yes, they put Thing on a buffed up node with a power gain and Nova. If that isn't harder I don't know what is. That was strategically placed and you can't just power through it like most of Cav difficulty.
    Oh neat, i either haven’t done it or didn’t notice haha
  • DNA3000 said:

Are you referring to the Thing on the right side of 3.2? Because I thought that the powerful from afar node helped that fight rather than hurt it. The power gain wasn't big, and it prevents you from getting into the most troublesome situation with Thing: 15 stacks and no power. I usually take Thing with Blade because Blade has full control of rock stacks with parry-bleed. But on that path I could fight Thing with anything, because I didn't have to worry about having full control of the stacks. Once I got to 15 I could just stop attacking and bait specials. If I was accidentally in the wrong tempo with power, I could just back away and wait for him to gain power. I hate power gain in general, but this node combination actually seemed helpful. Buffed Up forced me to bring an out of the ordinary champ for me, but powerful from afar eliminated that situational penalty.

Nova was harder with powerful from afar, at least to me. But in the grand scheme of things, that one fight didn't increase the difficulty of the map overall in an appreciable way to me.