Act 7 - Where do we go from here?

Comments

• IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★
    I'm not opposed necessarily from crazy difficulty being removed from story, I just want it to exist somewhere.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,078 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

I'm not opposed necessarily from crazy difficulty being removed from story, I just want it to exist somewhere.

Yup, they had 1 hard variant (V1) then changed variants from endgame content to being something simple for everyone to do so they could build their rosters for other endgame content (fine, no problem). Then, they had act 6 (mostly 6.2) that was hard and while 6.3 and 6.4 were tough, they were a step down from 6.2. Now they changed story from endgame content to being something simple for everyone to do so they could build their rosters for other endgame content (fine, no problem).

What is the endgame content then? Abyss was once, a year ago. Currently in the game, there is nothing and even if 7.2-7.4 is a small step up from 7.1, it won't touch act 6. War (which was always the toughest and most consistent content for me personally) has been nerfed hard to the point where my alliance had TEN people with 1 or fewer deaths. I went 60-3 this season and was one of the absolutely worst in the alliance.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

IKON said:

Try my suggestion of doing it itemless. Lock out energy refills and you have something to keep you occupied for months
    I never understand these suggestions. What's the point of pushing content to increase your roster capabilities and then not using it? Why is it up to us to change how we enjoy playing the game and not on the game to give those people something to do?

I don't care if it's story, variants, something totally new, etc... but I don't see how it's my responsibility to make the game interesting for myself. These posts suggest it's on us to change how we play and tend to be made by people that refuse to change how they play (not pushing higher tier AQ/AW, actually finishing content, etc..)
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    Don't worry you have abbys and summer or spring of pain coming for your build up roster and I'm sure some in between stuff as for majority of the player base we are happy for the story mode progression, most games story modes are fun and interactive and the side quest like LOL and Abys of legend are for players looking for that challenge and then AW. Video game story mode model is usually something for the average player to tackle not just something for the 10% with stock roster, story mode are usually build for progressing players and side quest here and there for players looking for a challenge. I'm sure Spring of pain or summer of pain will be a challenge than people will complain about it being too hard because HP will be 8 to 10 mill and attack 13-18k and have Thing on "do you bleed" and safe guard along with hurt locker and Ebb and Flow intercept.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    My issue is that you guys want really hard content. But you are in the 2% at most of people who do. Not everyone wants content that takes forever unless you have a monster roster and lots of money. It is a mobile game, meant for quick enjoyment when you have time. Get Cuphead if you want to suffer in a videogame.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

IKON said:

Try my suggestion of doing it itemless. Lock out energy refills and you have something to keep you occupied for months
    I never understand these suggestions. What's the point of pushing content to increase your roster capabilities and then not using it? Why is it up to us to change how we enjoy playing the game and not on the game to give those people something to do?

I don't care if it's story, variants, something totally new, etc... but I don't see how it's my responsibility to make the game interesting for myself. These posts suggest it's on us to change how we play and tend to be made by people that refuse to change how they play (not pushing higher tier AQ/AW, actually finishing content, etc..)
    I was merely talking about itemless runs. (I might have suggested otherwise, ignore it)That's not limiting your roster. That's challenging yourself to do consistent perfect play for hours on end.

And I'm not simply telling you to do it. It is something I myself have done for a long time beofre i entered act 6. And even then it was only a handful of revives for act 6.1 and would have been the same way for 6.3 if not for rushing Thronebreaker and act 6 compensation
    I enjoy getting content done quickly. I wouldn't throw massive amounts of units at it anymore outside of things like Abyss but if I burn a bunch of stuff that's in overflow, so be it.

I'd be far more inclined to do slow itemless or weakened roster challenges to entertain myself if the energy cost wasn't still there after exploring content. I'm not going to use energy in game to rerun old content for fun when I have other things that aren't done its better used on though
    Crcrcrc said:

My issue is that you guys want really hard content. But you are in the 2% at most of people who do. Not everyone wants content that takes forever unless you have a monster roster and lots of money. It is a mobile game, meant for quick enjoyment when you have time. Get Cuphead if you want to suffer in a videogame.

1 - I'm not asking for something that has never existed, the last 2ish years have content have been geared this way.

2 - it's not a mobile game that's just meant for quick enjoyment. If thats how you play fine, but MCOC would not consistently be in the highest grossing game list if that's how everyone played

3 - S ranked everything in cuphead.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Crcrcrc said:

1 - I'm not asking for something that has never existed, the last 2ish years have content have been geared this way.

2 - it's not a mobile game that's just meant for quick enjoyment. If thats how you play fine, but MCOC would not consistently be in the highest grossing game list if that's how everyone played

3 - S ranked everything in cuphead.
    1. Most of the playerbase hated the way they did that.
    2. Most of the time it is, unless you are doing a legends quest.
    3. That is really impressive.
    Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

I just completed my initial run of Act 7, taking the following paths

7.1.1 - Oscillate/Invade/Kinetic Instigator - 1 revive used (could have been easily avoided, just wanted to dive into content)
    7.1.2 - Vivified/Power Suppression/Power Alternator/Unblockable - 0 revives
    7.1.3 - That's gonna Sting/Backfire/Power Alternator/Power Snack - 2 revives on Aarkus boss
    7.1.4 - Aspect of War/Cage Rattler/Stun Vulnerability - 0 revives
    7.1.5 - Unlimited Power/Mystic Ward/Mystic Curse/Buffet - 0 revives
    7.1.6 - Destructive feedback/Impatience/Small Arms/Cosmic Wrath - 0 revives

Total - 3 revives, and a few health potions

After finishing this content, I feel... Hollow. Got some great rewards, but I never actually felt challenged by the content. Completing act 6 content always felt like I achieved something.

So if this is the new direction for content, what is a player like me supposed to wait for? I feel like I've been building my roster for content that is now never going to come.

Weren't you going to almost quit last year because of the 6.2 champion fight? Smh.

Make up your mind.
    Apparently you're not allowed to change your mind in over a year? Lol
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Then they make it hard n people cry always have something to say.
    HI_guys said:

I'm talking about future content.
    No need to wait weeks . Use all the energy refills you have in the world. But don't use revives and boosts.

Can you explore the variant next week itemless?

You say you use the revives in overflow. There are 2 reasons for this

1. You have that luxury
    2. You couldn't solo fights that are soloable even with the best champs in game

Couldn't solo fights and didn't solo fights aren't the same thing. Could I have solod every single fight I died to in 7.1 if I restarted instead of just reviving? I have no doubts. I was playing until 3AM half asleep and drinking Wednesday night though with a ton of stuff in overflow. Why would I do that?
  • centennialcentennial Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2020
    I appreciate both sides of the discussion- I do think there needs to be a place that rewards really strong rosters- gives you something to push for. At the same time, I think most people hated getting clogged at 6.2.6 Champion as they tried to complete Act 6.

If I were calling the shots, I think I would say to stay the course with Act 7 but make the new Variants significantly harder.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

No need to wait weeks . Use all the energy refills you have in the world. But don't use revives and boosts.

1. You have that luxury

Couldn't solo fights and didn't solo fights aren't the same thing. Could I have solod every single fight I died to in 7.1 if I restarted instead of just reviving? I have no doubts. I was playing until 3AM half asleep and drinking Wednesday night though with a ton of stuff in overflow. Why would I do that?
    It was can't and couldn't. I can't solo the mordo boss.ill probably never be able to. I couldn't solo Cull in Abyss. But I will next time around.

So you play carelessly, just revive through with your best champs instead of doing itemless and then come and say it's not difficult?

Dude if I had the best champs and just revive through stuff I would have explored act 6 ages ago. Often it's just one single revive separating me from exploring a chapter but I'll still restart because it's a challenge .

And it's not just revives. It's all items. Health pots increase your chances of soloing a fight. Hard part is fighting perfectly and reducing block dmaage taken
    well doing 7.1 carelessly and with revives prob cost work 10, 15 revives? if you went into 6.2 the day it dropped, didnt plan anything and just played carelessly that would have cost him hundreds of revives
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited December 2020

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

It was can't and couldn't. I can't solo the mordo boss.ill probably never be able to. I couldn't solo Cull in Abyss. But I will next time around.

So you play carelessly, just revive through with your best champs instead of doing itemless and then come and say it's not difficult?

Dude if I had the best champs and just revive through stuff I would have explored act 6 ages ago. Often it's just one single revive separating me from exploring a chapter but I'll still restart because it's a challenge .

And it's not just revives. It's all items. Health pots increase your chances of soloing a fight. Hard part is fighting perfectly and reducing block dmaage taken
    well doing 7.1 carelessly and with revives prob cost work 10, 15 revives? if you went into 6.2 the day it dropped, didnt plan anything and just played carelessly that would have cost him hundreds of revives
    Nope, I went into 6.2 and finished quest 2, 5 and 6 with under 25-30 revives in total. Went without any planning from resources available and I barely even knew what the nodes were. 1, 3 and 4 were itemless I think. (All of this is before nerf, only the champion nerf was done)
    Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

Nope, I went into 6.2 and finished quest 2, 5 and 6 with under 25-30 revives in total. Went without any planning from resources available and I barely even knew what the nodes were. 1, 3 and 4 were itemless I think. (All of this is before nerf, only the champion nerf was done)
    that doesn't exactly sound like you did it the day of release....and not having the champion fight is pretty helpful as well
    Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

Pretty sure the attack values were the first thing adjusted

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

Still don't see what your point is. If within 24hrs of its release, I can play carelessly, use only overflow items, and finish a brand new chapter in story with more units than I started with, yes I think that's pretty easy overall.
    Isn't having revives in overflow a privilege itself? Since you completed content long ago? (Just asking, I mean nothing bad when I said that)

Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

Pretty sure the attack values were the first thing adjusted
    That was for 6.3 and 6.4, not 6.2

Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

that doesn't exactly sound like you did it the day of release....and not having the champion fight is pretty helpful as well
    True, it wasn't at the day of release, and yes the champion fight being nerfed was definitely helpful, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gone into hundreds (just incase you weren't saying it metaphorically)
    Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

Still don't see what your point is. If within 24hrs of its release, I can play carelessly, use only overflow items, and finish a brand new chapter in story with more units than I started with, yes I think that's pretty easy overall.
    Isn't having revives in overflow a privilege itself? Since you completed content long ago? (Just asking, I mean nothing bad when I said that)
    How is it a privilege? They didn't just magically appear in overflow, they got there from playing the game and earning them through events.

I choose to push content as early as I reasonably can. A side effect of that is a substantial amount of items build up between finishing one piece of content and the release of the next. It's a knock on effect from actively trying to have as much done as possible but I certainly wouldn't call it a privilege as it's a situation I had to create but wasn't gifted to me. It's a luxury absolutely. One that's there due to how I've chosen to play be it spending to beat content in the past or just staying on top of what's new currently
    Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

True, it wasn't at the day of release, and yes the champion fight being nerfed was definitely helpful, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gone into hundreds (just incase you weren't saying it metaphorically)
    I stated this to point out that number of revives used is not equal to difficulty as it seems you might think.

Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

How is it a privilege? They didn't just magically appear in overflow, they got there from playing the game and earning them through events.

I choose to push content as early as I reasonably can. A side effect of that is a substantial amount of items build up between finishing one piece of content and the release of the next. It's a knock on effect from actively trying to have as much done as possible but I certainly wouldn't call it a privilege as it's a situation I had to create but wasn't gifted to me. It's a luxury absolutely. One that's there due to how I've chosen to play be it spending to beat content in the past or just staying on top of what's new currently
    Ah yes my word was luxury, sorry, I'm not exactly the best at English. My bad.
    Aziz5253 said:

Aziz5253 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

not metaphorically at all, i think someone going into 6.2 and 100% it on the day it was released would have spent 100s of revives, if they didn't plan at all and were playing carelessly
  • naikavonnaikavon Member Posts: 299 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

IKON said:

Yeah this has pretty much been my take. I support the new direction of story content, but then variants need to go back to what they were always intended to be- the hardest of content to push even the strongest of rosters to their limits. The average player shouldn't be able to complete everything immediately or there's no advantage to being above average. I'm not sure how it's in the best interest of the longevity of the game to make everything doable by everyone.

I'm hoping content starts to come out that I just can't do with my current roster. Mine is not at all the deepest, nor the best. Not by a long shot. But I look forward to having something to build towards (like the remaining paths of Abyss I have left).
    This. This. And this. The direction of story content is perfect. Now they just need to change variants to be significantly more difficult.

And revamp alliance war, but another story for another day.
    naikavon said:

Ebony_Naw said:

IKON said:

Yeah this has pretty much been my take. I support the new direction of story content, but then variants need to go back to what they were always intended to be- the hardest of content to push even the strongest of rosters to their limits. The average player shouldn't be able to complete everything immediately or there's no advantage to being above average. I'm not sure how it's in the best interest of the longevity of the game to make everything doable by everyone.

I'm hoping content starts to come out that I just can't do with my current roster. Mine is not at all the deepest, nor the best. Not by a long shot. But I look forward to having something to build towards (like the remaining paths of Abyss I have left).
    This. This. And this. The direction of story content is perfect. Now they just need to change variants to be significantly more difficult.

when you say revamp, do you mean nerf it even harder? or put it back to being challenging
  • naikavonnaikavon Member Posts: 299 ★★★

naikavon said:

Ebony_Naw said:

IKON said:

when you say revamp, do you mean nerf it even harder? or put it back to being challenging
    No I mean revamp. Completely. From the ground up. New mode. Nothing about difficulty. I just don't like the current implementation of it. Far to much like AQ for my tastes.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

1. You have that luxury

@Worknprogress

This isn't act 6. I'm pretty sure he can do it completely item less just as easy. I'm only a p3 war guy and I can do most of itemless if I take the time to really prepare for every fight.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Helpyy said:

7.1 is still more difficult than 6.4 except for the final boss. Act 7 is gonna get super harder with each chapter.

Well I only played act 6.4 prenerf and it is defintely harder than all of act 7. Go back and watch Seatin's video and see how many revives he used before reaching the grandmaster.