**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Future of Content(Pretty Long)

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
This month we saw the release of the heavily anticipated Act 7 and Variant 6. It has left quite a few ‘endgame players’ unsettled, due to the lack of overall difficulty. Act 6 left many people who did the pre-nerf Act 6 exploration(including myself) feeling unsatisfied and unchallenged after exploring Act 7 Chapter 1. I’ll be honest, I was one of those people. And Variant 6 was not really hard content, if you have 3* or 2* versions of a select 5 champions you could pretty much explore the majority of it.

Overall, I found Variant 6 extremely easy; that said, I have Magneto, Doom, Apocalypse, Venom, and Ghost all as a 5/65 or higher champion. However, if you have a 2* Magneto/Rhino, 2* or above Venom, and a semi-decent(5/50 or above) Ghost, it was still insanely easy. I have 2 accounts-- one that is very endgame and spends a little, and a Free-to-Play account. I did V6 Exploration pretty quickly on my main, it still isn't explored, but there aren’t any “challenging” lanes left. Not that any of them were challenging except for the What’s Yours is Mine path, which wasn’t hard, it was just brutally niche. I also did a clear on my second account(Which for anyone wondering, is •Lil Puff•). I haven’t done any other variants on this account, and at the time I had only done content up to 6.2.3. I did not have any rank 5 champions and my villain team consisted of 4/55 Ghost(sig 40), 4/55 Mags(Sig 0), 3/45 VTD(Sig 0), Varied, Varied. I used a 2* Venom to cheese my way through some paths, Magneto to cheese some others, and just used ghost for the rest. It was my first variant, and it was also itemless. The rewards for V6 compared to the difficulty were pretty unproportional. Which is nice, especially for smaller accounts. I got an r5 gem and enough t5b to get a second r5. If I had the iso, I could get 2 r5s(1st and 2nd) from V6 alone.

So V6 may have been fun, but it definitely isn’t “endgame” content. Not that variants are generally, but V5 was significantly harder in my opinion.

I also found Act 7 pretty easy, especially compared to Act 6. There were not very many “challenging” paths. When you did a path, there was usually a node that just made the other node irrelevant. This makes the content SUPER fun, but also quite easy. Of course, content is supposed to be fun, but it also needs a challenging aspect to it. And of course, no one likes niche fights that are brutal without a select few champions. But sometimes content like that is needed in order to block certain people. Not fights that are literally impossible without a few champs. But things like the “90% less damage unless” where you can either wait for the right champ or grind through with someone and have it take a long time. Things like that are a test of skill. The rewards of Act 7 were pretty odd. The rank up materials in the rewards were extraordinary. But there was far too little T2A, and the number of shards we got compared to the number of rank-up materials was not right. I finished and was overflowing on t5b with about 8 in the stash. But I had only gotten 2 6*s formed from the rewards, and they were both pretty rubbish, so I was just left to wonder, what now?

I blew through Act 7 in 2 days flat. Partially because I was bored, but mostly because I had tons of items expiring. Everyone talks about how “Endgame players blitzing content is the problem” but when Kabam released Abyss and then promises something similar about half a year later and flakes, there is nothing to use items on. Act 7 and V6 are not something that should require many or any revives. So when they released the Act 6 compensation, I received an additional 20 or so energy refills on top of the 15 I already had. And I had revives galore as well. So I could have waited a month and then claimed it, and then been forced to use the refills on Monthly EQ in January/early February, but we know Kabam isn’t releasing any huge content in the next month or two. So most Endgame players blew through Act 7 because it was pretty easy, and we had way too many refills.

So overall, Kabam has been releasing quite fun, but quite easy content over the past month. So that leaves me wondering, when are we going to actually see the Early June of Pain? That has the most potential to be an endgame piece of content. Cavalier EQ surely isn’t endgame, variants never have been endgame and they still aren’t, and story content is no longer endgame.

But of course, The Early June of Pain could still be blitzed like other content right?

I think this game needs a different type of “endgame content”. For example, a quest for Thronebreakers(or a different requirement) that entails Act 6 level opponents with challenging nodes that aren’t very niche, but still very challenging. But with some sort of twist, like an itemban, or a limit of a 1 or 2 champion team limit, or a gate that allows only 3*s or below. Any combination of something like that.

This would cause people with massive rosters to have to use champs that are lower, or very few champs, or have to do it without a heal or anything. This would make the content more accessible to all and it could make content that is equally hard for more people and only can be blitzed by skill.

Another idea I had is instead of releasing a challenging quest all at once(like Act 7 released 6 quests of 6 paths each all at once), Kabam could release 2 paths a day or something like that that literally makes it impossible to blitz.

I think Kabam was spot on with the fun aspect of Act 7. But it wasn’t hard, which left many with every revive they went in with. Kabam’s postponing of the June of Pain definitely caused many people to be aching for endgame content. I think that the content they have released is really good, but there needs to be a balance of challenge and fun. I think the way Act 7 is going is perfectly fine, but we need something else that is more challenging. Even something kind of niche, because it would be harder.

Anyways, that’s just my two cents, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    But_whyBut_why Posts: 8

a or a gate that allows only 3*s or below

I don't agree with this. We have spent a lot of recourses in 5*/6* and now we have to rank up 3*?
    Instead of making us rank up 3* or 4* champs they can just increase the health pools (and/or attack) of the defenders.

And something I would like to add. I would like to see more content like act 6 prenerf. Even though it's an unpopular opinion, I believe it was the best permanent content (but fights like Acid Wash Mysterio it was just BS).

So Kabam could create a new type of content (8-9 fights per path, challenging nodes, clever combinations similar to 6.3.6) and you can only access to if you have complete act 6 100%. (I don't want the requirement to be Thronebreaker, cause you could have just the 4* Horsemen, complete Abyss, get lucky and have a 6* rank 3, even though you don't have a developed roster)

In this way you will have a fairly large roster and you will have counters to almost everything. And the best of all? The 'usual' crybabies won't come here to complain about the difficulty of the quest.
  • Options
    But_why said:

I don't agree with this. We have spent a lot of recourses in 5*/6* and now we have to rank up 3*?
    Instead of making us rank up 3* or 4* champs they can just increase the health pools (and/or attack) of the defenders.

And something I would like to add. I would like to see more content like act 6 prenerf. Even though it's an unpopular opinion, I believe it was the best permanent content (but fights like Acid Wash Mysterio it was just BS).

So Kabam could create a new type of content (8-9 fights per path, challenging nodes, clever combinations similar to 6.3.6) and you can only access to if you have complete act 6 100%. (I don't want the requirement to be Thronebreaker, cause you could have just the 4* Horsemen, complete Abyss, get lucky and have a 6* rank 3, even though you don't have a developed roster)

In this way you will have a fairly large roster and you will have counters to almost everything. And the best of all? The 'usual' crybabies won't come here to complain about the difficulty of the quest.
    If you do arena, chances are you have most of your 3*s maxed...
  • Options

But_why said:

If you do arena, chances are you have most of your 3*s maxed...
    I only do the 4* basic/featured and the 5*.
    T2CC is rare catalyst for me
  • Options

The dudes glad it’s easier but is now complaining it’s too easy. I swear nothing is good enough for you people

Im not glad its easier. I never said that, i said im glad its fun. But it is too easy.

I mean if you only care about a challenge then use lower champs, obviously if you have perfect counters to the fights it will be easy.

I do that sometimes, its a pretty good time.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

The problem with 'endgame' players is, no matter what content comes out, no matter how challenging, or what the requirements are, you still finish it quickly or itemless. Even with things like abyss or the maze. There is just simply no way to keep you guys from finishing quickly. The only way I can even see it as possible is maybe an item ban or item use limit. My suggestion is to either just accept that fact or move along.

Limited item use is fine, i think a good alternative would be releasing certain amounts of paths at a time. Or even a gamemode like MRoC where as you clear “levels” fights get increasingly challenging.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

The problem with 'endgame' players is, no matter what content comes out, no matter how challenging, or what the requirements are, you still finish it quickly or itemless. Even with things like abyss or the maze. There is just simply no way to keep you guys from finishing quickly. The only way I can even see it as possible is maybe an item ban or item use limit. My suggestion is to either just accept that fact or move along.

Limited item use is fine, i think a good alternative would be releasing certain amounts of paths at a time. Or even a gamemode like MRoC where as you clear “levels” fights get increasingly challenging.
    Here's something they can do, timed runs. Like you only have 15 minutes to clear the path or start over.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Here's something they can do, timed runs. Like you only have 15 minutes to clear the path or start over.
    That would be awesome too.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I really like the idea of BG's challenge mode, except have actual rewards in it instead of cosmetics or titles.
  • Options

I really like the idea of BG's challenge mode, except have actual rewards in it instead of cosmetics or titles.

Yeah i do too, and both would be nice tbh.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    Hmmm I just remembered, aren't we supposed to get raids or alliance bosses type thing soon too?
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

These are permanent content what’s wrong with having one or two that’s “relatively easy” to explore

But the thing is that Abyss is the only challenging endgame content at the moment. We haven't seen any new endgame content in over 11 months.

Kabam should focus a little bit more to the endgame players instead of trying to please mid-game players with every new content that comes out
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    to be quite honest i think you hit the nail on the head, back of the net
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

@Masterpuff
    I don’t buy this 2 & 3 star V6 exploration. I think you’re exaggerating, also I get your argument to a point cos it’s fair to give feedback. Just know it’s will difficult to please all players, and clearly players like you is tough to satisfy not impossible. It won’t happen overnight, but it may gradually and even that some contents will still be easy, others hard and some just or almost perfect.
    These are permanent content what’s wrong with having one or two that’s “relatively easy” to explore. I’ve explored all variants and the difficulties aren’t all the same, I don’t wanna run every variant on the same level of difficulty. I’ve completed Act 6 before nerf and working on exploration. I’m pretty sure most of us would want some days are work to be less involving.
    If guys are having a blast with Act 7 and V6, let them have it don’t they deserve it after Act 6 and other difficult variants. You always wanna be on the go.
    As long as Kabam takes feedback, continue to adjust and test stuffs everyone will have a content/mode they like the most.
    I don’t have any problem with Act 7 and V6, cos I’m looking at it from a journey perspective...some miles were painful, others we can chill a little bit. Kudos to Kabam.

Makes sense. And actually, 2* Venom and Rhino explore 2 quests alone. As well as complete some others. The lanes that this doesnt apply to are thorns, and the quests with weakness nodes. Thus the word majority, not all.
  • Options
    BuffBeast said:

Buttehrs said:

I completely agree. When abyss released people explored it within a week! How is kabam meant to make hard content if people do it in a couple of hours?
    If they explore it 100% within a week they don't have the right to complain about lack of content.
    But we truly need some endgame/difficult/challenging and PERMANENT content once every 4 months