**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

The Future of Content(Pretty Long)

Comments

• Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Denzel116 said:

BuffBeast said:

Buttehrs said:

The problem with 'endgame' players is, no matter what content comes out, no matter how challenging, or what the requirements are, you still finish it quickly or itemless. Even with things like abyss or the maze. There is just simply no way to keep you guys from finishing quickly. The only way I can even see it as possible is maybe an item ban or item use limit. My suggestion is to either just accept that fact or move along.

I completely agree. When abyss released people explored it within a week! How is kabam meant to make hard content if people do it in a couple of hours?

I stared into the Abyss......and logged back out.
    Fair play my guy
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,230 ★★★★★
    Meebleton said:

I'm not an Endgame player, I'm F2p, I don't grind arena and I'm not a particularly great player. I'm not even Thronebreaker as I don't have any R3s.
    Having completed 7.1 and v6, I found them both to be enjoyable, especially 7.1
    However neither of them were super challenging, and I think the people with stacked rosters of R3 6 stars will have very few problems getting through that content.

So I understand why people want more difficult content, although I find it hard to sympathise with their cause because so many of them keep trying to belittle the achievements of others by bragging about how the content was a joke to them, and saying that they're just giving the rewards away. You're just making yourselves seem as if you're unable to comprehend the idea that other people could have different experiences to you, it's really not helping your case.

I think the best way to challenge Endgame players is to have content that locks you from using any items. When you've done everything in the game and have a full stash of items you can just use a revive and keep going if you mess up in a quest, it's hard to feel that there's any danger of you "losing" which might make the quest seem boring. If you can't bring items in then you have to actually play well instead of falling back on your stash. Of course it needs to be difficult too, even for R3 6 stars.

As for the rewards, they need to be exciting to endgame players but not be so good that they push the game on too fast. People never seem to be able to get the two together, it's either materials to R4 a 6 star, which would totally unbalance the game or profile pics and titles, which are not enticing at all. I think the best solution to this problem is to have trophy champs (or parts of trophy champs like they did with Platpool) as the rewards for these super hard Endgame quests. Since you can't just buy your way through this content it would make the champs seem more like trophies.

I think Weapon X is a good standard for future trophy champs. He's an alternate version of a character that's more readily available, so people can't complain that they can't get that character. Weapon X is also a good champ that looks fun to play and can be brought into tough content like act 6. However he isn't a game changing champion and no one is going to be complaining that they can't finish a certain peice of content without weapon X. He's a desirable prize that is worth ranking up and will have a place in your roster, but is far from a neccesity to have.

So to sum up, what we need is permanent (or maybe on a yearly rotation) content aimed at R3 6 stars that locks you out of using items and offers a new trophy champ at the same standard as weapon X as the central reward (you can stick other rewards in there too like a bit of t5cc and 6* Shards but the trophy champ is the main draw) for full exploration. The content should be challenging for everyone that attempts it, something that will take multiple attempts for even the top players, (apart from maybe Swedeah, I don't think anything could challenge him) and preferably force you to learn a new technique, in fact that should be the focus of the quest. Kabam could release a couple of these a year, and make it explicit that these are for endgame players.

I like this idea as a non-endgame small spending thronebreaker who will probably never get through any of that.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    I'd rather kabam not make content catered to the minority of players, start a new account or something idk don't ruin it for the non wales
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

I'd rather kabam not make content catered to the minority of players, start a new account or something idk don't ruin it for the non wales

You realize there are non whale endgamers right?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Which are an even smaller minority of end game players.

Why would Kabam create content just to appease them when the content they’re currently designing meet the needs of most of the player base?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Why would Kabam create content just to appease them when the content they’re currently designing meet the needs of most of the player base?
    because when you have nothing to aim for or look forward to, why bother?
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

But that’s always going to be the case when players smash through content in the first few days of release.

The recent content releases have been well met by the community, more so than other releases over the last few years.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

But that’s always going to be the case when players smash through content in the first few days of release.

The recent content releases have been well met by the community, more so than other releases over the last few years.
    You also need to remember that these Endgame players feed Kabam money, so if they get bored and quit, kabam loses a big source of money.
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

You also need to remember that these Endgame players feed Kabam money, so if they get bored and quit, kabam loses a big source of money.
    Your source for that fact?
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

The easier the content, the better it will be received by the community, that's a given. Again, very few players were going right through act 6 or abyss with complete ease right at release, that just didn't happen
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Theyre called whales for a reason. Without some whales they would lose some serious income. Just think about how much Enzo and Vega drop weekly.
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Theyre called whales for a reason. Without some whales they would lose some serious income. Just think about how much Enzo and Vega drop weekly.
    I get what you’re saying but that’s a massive assumption when you don’t know how much incoming the other 99.9% of players are generating
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

The easier the content, the better it will be received by the community, that's a given. Again, very few players were going right through act 6 or abyss with complete ease right at release, that just didn't happen
    Again, I hear what your saying. Although I think Kabam are getting closer to the ideal difficulty for new content.
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Not as big as you think. Most of kabams money comes from the average joes spending 20 bucks here and there. Now would endgame players leaving have an impact. Absolutely
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

just showed this to enzo on his stream, he's very honored
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Again, I hear what your saying. Although I think Kabam are getting closer to the ideal difficulty for new content.
    well, they make every story act easier then the previous, same with variants so the ideal difficulty is...autofighting?
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

just showed this to enzo on his stream, he's very honored
    Haha nice.
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

well, they make every story act easier then the previous, same with variants so the ideal difficulty is...autofighting?
    Come on now you know that’s not going to be the case. I’ve also seen the valid argument that we’ve only had 7.1 and if we look at the history of act 6, the difficulty curve is likely to trend upwards.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Come on now you know that’s not going to be the case. I’ve also seen the valid argument that we’ve only had 7.1 and if we look at the history of act 6, the difficulty curve is likely to trend upwards.
    but the degree to which 7.1 is easier then 6.1 is MASSIVE, it's not like they lowered it a little bit or a medium amount....
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

but the degree to which 7.1 is easier then 6.1 is MASSIVE, it's not like they lowered it a little bit or a medium amount....
    A lot of that could be down to the fact that people’s rosters are far more developed now than they were when 6.1 came out. There was outcry from the community when the 7.1 beta came out - Kabam addressed that, but it sounds like you’d prefer it how it was in the beta?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

A lot of that could be down to the fact that people’s rosters are far more developed now than they were when 6.1 came out. There was outcry from the community when the 7.1 beta came out - Kabam addressed that, but it sounds like you’d prefer it how it was in the beta?
    i never do the beta's, i just tried that one ST fight people were going crazy about it but in general ya, i would prefer how it was in the beta

in general, i'm fine with making story super easy for endgame players/fairly easy and accessible for midgame players, but i don't like the fact that in the current form MCOC is in, there is NOTHING for endgame players. Literally, NOTHING.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

i never do the beta's, i just tried that one ST fight people were going crazy about it but in general ya, i would prefer how it was in the beta

in general, i'm fine with making story super easy for endgame players/fairly easy and accessible for midgame players, but i don't like the fact that in the current form MCOC is in, there is NOTHING for endgame players. Literally, NOTHING.
    You are one of 10 or so people with this opinion. Kabam is going to cater to the huge majority.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

FiiNCH said:

This is an unpopular opinion I'm sure, but exactly my interest in seeing content I can't tackle now.
    ya, i was there at one point also. The idea of doing labyrinth was absurd to me at one point in time, but it gave me something to build my roster and skills towards
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

You are one of 10 or so people with this opinion. Kabam is going to cater to the huge majority.
    agreed, i don't think we'll ever see challenging story content ever again
  • Options
    Enzo_EigenEnzo_Eigen Posts: 18

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Hi ;)