The Future of Content(Pretty Long)

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★
    “For example, a quest for Thronebreakers(or a different requirement) that entails Act 6 level opponents with challenging nodes that aren’t very niche, but still very challenging. But with some sort of twist, like an itemban, or a limit of a 1 or 2 champion team limit, or a gate that allows only 3*s or below. Any combination of something like that. “

You want 300-400k healthpools done with 3*’s? It sounds like you just want to make everyone have a miserable time playing the game, the direction they’re currently going is fine. Like the several posts mentioned before, clear the content with lower ranked champs or with bad champs. You mentioned you had the top villains so Ofcourse you’re going to faceroll through the content, why not do the entire exploration with 4*’s? Not going to lie, the forums is getting way too toxic lately with all these complaints, but what can you expect when you clear content as soon as it arrives instead of pacing yourself and perhaps using weaker champs for the extra challenge?
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I can see where OP is coming from, I think that the speed which so many of us finished Act 7 is a bit of an anomaly, there’s not going to be any other times where we’re just handed the keys to roll a whole chapter essentially for free because of the compensation.
    I think that the difficulty will come back, we’ve got used to Act 6’s brutality pre-nerf, so this is easy for us, but it’s probably about right if Act 6’a difficulty curved naturally from Act 5 without the insane spike. What it has done is made so many of us very good players compared to what we were during Act 5. A lot of us don’t even flinch at an 80-90k PI champion now, no matter the nodes we just go to the drawing board, so there’s been a quite an attitude shift from the more endgame players.
    I expected 7.1 to come in easy as it’s their first real foray into ‘fun but challenging’ content, and it is a very fine balance between fun but hard and just dumb.

Also, I 100% agree on the rewards - I need about 30 T2A to use up my T5B.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

I think there is sort of an inherent issue with ‘endgame players’. There comes a point where your roster can pretty much counter everything, it’s just a matter of having the time/units. Abyss for example.

I firmly believe there is a tipping point.

A point where no matter how difficult the content is, you’re going to be able to do it. Because our rosters are continually growing, vertically and horizontally. Eventually nothing feels niche because we have all the counters. If there is a niche right that requires a ‘bad champ’ we’ve probably got the resources to take them up to a decent rank without it hurting us too much.

To me this tipping point occurs when you’re pretty much caught up on content.

Being honest, I’m not sure Kabam can actually release content that would satisfy the gluttons for punishment. No matter how difficult it is, chances are we’ll have it done in a couple of weeks. I do think we need more challenging content, 7.1 and V6 were a lot of fun, but they were easy. They weren’t absolute cake walks, but they weren’t act 6 either. Nor should they be

I never want to see a return to act 6. Ever. The difficulty in that content didn’t come from the complexity of the fights or the skill requirement, it came down to perpetual roster checks. Which doesn’t satisfy either camp. You have endgame players barely feeling the nicheness and progressing players being constantly hindered.

I don’t know if there is an answer here. There has been so much discussion over the past few weeks about difficulty but no one seems to have solutions. I don’t either. I don’t know if there is. Personally, I’ve got a pretty stacked account at this point, at least horizontally. I felt 7.1 could have been more difficult but I don’t mind if it stays how it is, because I had fun

Anyway, ramble over. I broadly agree with you puff, but not entirely

How a out a champion boss type fight with Karnak where you have to Dex 5 specials evry 1% dmaage you deal to remove indestructible? Also give Force of Will and 100k attack points. Also unblockable and unstoppable entire fight
    Within the realms of reason.

Although yous would probably still find a way to complain it was too easy. It would also kill the game.
    Yous?

Also realm of reason didn't stop them from designing MRsin or Mordo or the collecter
    Scottish term. Habit.

And they aren’t good fights. That’s why I said I don’t want to see a return to act 6. Niche or BS might be challenging but it’s not a good challenging. As I said, it doesn’t satisfy either champ, to be honest I’ve got no idea what point you’re trying to get at here
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    A middle ground might be a good idea. Just have 2 or 3 paths in the quest be like act 7 is now (only heard about it not played it yet) and make 3-4 paths more geared towards true endgame players. This way. Players like me, who like to progress but or not really that good or don`t have a big wallet can see the content and get some nice smaller progression rewards. And the top dogs can explore the quest quickly and can get a sense of struggle.
    Players like me can then start to explore when the new content gets released.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

I think there is sort of an inherent issue with ‘endgame players’. There comes a point where your roster can pretty much counter everything, it’s just a matter of having the time/units. Abyss for example.

I firmly believe there is a tipping point.

A point where no matter how difficult the content is, you’re going to be able to do it. Because our rosters are continually growing, vertically and horizontally. Eventually nothing feels niche because we have all the counters. If there is a niche right that requires a ‘bad champ’ we’ve probably got the resources to take them up to a decent rank without it hurting us too much.

To me this tipping point occurs when you’re pretty much caught up on content.

Being honest, I’m not sure Kabam can actually release content that would satisfy the gluttons for punishment. No matter how difficult it is, chances are we’ll have it done in a couple of weeks. I do think we need more challenging content, 7.1 and V6 were a lot of fun, but they were easy. They weren’t absolute cake walks, but they weren’t act 6 either. Nor should they be

I never want to see a return to act 6. Ever. The difficulty in that content didn’t come from the complexity of the fights or the skill requirement, it came down to perpetual roster checks. Which doesn’t satisfy either camp. You have endgame players barely feeling the nicheness and progressing players being constantly hindered.

I don’t know if there is an answer here. There has been so much discussion over the past few weeks about difficulty but no one seems to have solutions. I don’t either. I don’t know if there is. Personally, I’ve got a pretty stacked account at this point, at least horizontally. I felt 7.1 could have been more difficult but I don’t mind if it stays how it is, because I had fun

Anyway, ramble over. I broadly agree with you puff, but not entirely

How a out a champion boss type fight with Karnak where you have to Dex 5 specials evry 1% dmaage you deal to remove indestructible? Also give Force of Will and 100k attack points. Also unblockable and unstoppable entire fight
    Within the realms of reason.

Although yous would probably still find a way to complain it was too easy. It would also kill the game.
    Yous?

Also realm of reason didn't stop them from designing MRsin or Mordo or the collecter
    Scottish term. Habit.

And they aren’t good fights. That’s why I said I don’t want to see a return to act 6. Niche or BS might be challenging but it’s not a good challenging. As I said, it doesn’t satisfy either champ, to be honest I’ve got no idea what point you’re trying to get at here
    I'm talking to the masochist summoners. Honestly I don't know any fight in game excpet champion (10%)and GM that is challenging . All the rest are just a question of whether you have the right champ(obviously otherwise it'll be challenging)
    That’s the point I’m kind of trying to make. I think there are other challenging fights, but so many ‘difficult’ fights are just having the right counters. Which in an endgame roster, they’ll probably have, so the difficulty is lost. That’s why I’m not sure if Kabam can actually make the difficult content endgamers seem to want. Abyss wouldn’t even be that bad if it weren’t for the kill switch. Even that is about having the right champs

The final 10% of the champion, pre nerf, I actually think is the route they should go down. Fights with a fairly high skill requirements rather than a roster requirement. Most mystics, slow champs, even Kamala Khan and Squirrel girl can do that fight. It’s the timing and spacing that makes it difficult. If they’re making ‘endgame content’, that’s the direction I want them to lean. But not go as far as no retreat, that was insane
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Member Posts: 595 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    If Kabam can manage to release this stuff in parallel to other's, I just see one solution-
    BREAKER OF THRONES difficulty side event every 2 months where anybody else won't be able to even enter that quest.But yeah rewards still need to be balanced there.But something like access to 1 6 star nexus and 1 featured six star in just 5k shards for each and other stuffs like tier 5 class catalyst fragments,tier 2 alphas,tier 1 alpha according to Kabam's perspective.

There would be exploration reward and 16 paths but you won't be able to do more than 2 paths a week(FOR 8 paths you can only use 4 stars).you will be provided 1 generic 4 star rank 4 to 5 gem each month.So,it would be pretty engaging for 2 months and after you finish there,you will have another content ready.
    (Toughness of the fight would be decided according to your feedback)
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

FiiNCH said:

My opinion here is the end game players are a small minority of the overall player base and Kabam are releasing content which caters to the enjoyment of the majority.

With rosters like yours, I’d imagine practically all content will be easy as you have counters for literally everything.

But everyone will eventually catch up to where endgame players are now. That's the thing with permanent content. If you can't do it now, you'll get there eventually.

I don't agree with the Act 6 philosophy, but the attitude of telling the highest spending backet of the game "tough luck, we don't care because there are so few of you" is terrible. In fact, it's a great way to kill the game.
    I’m not saying that I agree with it, I’m just saying what I think Kabam are trying to do based on their last few content releases.

And to play devils advocate, I’d argue it would be worse for Kabam to lean towards the harder (act 6) side with new content as that would put off the larger majority of the player base.

Also, how do you know ALL end-gamers are in the highest spending bracket? I wouldn’t be surprised if the players you’re associating with that bracket make up even 5% of the entire player base. I assume by endgame you mean all content completed in the game.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Member Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Sorry Masterpiece but after some long thought I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one
  • MeebletonMeebleton Member Posts: 552 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I'm not an Endgame player, I'm F2p, I don't grind arena and I'm not a particularly great player. I'm not even Thronebreaker as I don't have any R3s.
    Having completed 7.1 and v6, I found them both to be enjoyable, especially 7.1
    However neither of them were super challenging, and I think the people with stacked rosters of R3 6 stars will have very few problems getting through that content.

So I understand why people want more difficult content, although I find it hard to sympathise with their cause because so many of them keep trying to belittle the achievements of others by bragging about how the content was a joke to them, and saying that they're just giving the rewards away. You're just making yourselves seem as if you're unable to comprehend the idea that other people could have different experiences to you, it's really not helping your case.

I think the best way to challenge Endgame players is to have content that locks you from using any items. When you've done everything in the game and have a full stash of items you can just use a revive and keep going if you mess up in a quest, it's hard to feel that there's any danger of you "losing" which might make the quest seem boring. If you can't bring items in then you have to actually play well instead of falling back on your stash. Of course it needs to be difficult too, even for R3 6 stars.

As for the rewards, they need to be exciting to endgame players but not be so good that they push the game on too fast. People never seem to be able to get the two together, it's either materials to R4 a 6 star, which would totally unbalance the game or profile pics and titles, which are not enticing at all. I think the best solution to this problem is to have trophy champs (or parts of trophy champs like they did with Platpool) as the rewards for these super hard Endgame quests. Since you can't just buy your way through this content it would make the champs seem more like trophies.

I think Weapon X is a good standard for future trophy champs. He's an alternate version of a character that's more readily available, so people can't complain that they can't get that character. Weapon X is also a good champ that looks fun to play and can be brought into tough content like act 6. However he isn't a game changing champion and no one is going to be complaining that they can't finish a certain peice of content without weapon X. He's a desirable prize that is worth ranking up and will have a place in your roster, but is far from a neccesity to have.

So to sum up, what we need is permanent (or maybe on a yearly rotation) content aimed at R3 6 stars that locks you out of using items and offers a new trophy champ at the same standard as weapon X as the central reward (you can stick other rewards in there too like a bit of t5cc and 6* Shards but the trophy champ is the main draw) for full exploration. The content should be challenging for everyone that attempts it, something that will take multiple attempts for even the top players, (apart from maybe Swedeah, I don't think anything could challenge him) and preferably force you to learn a new technique, in fact that should be the focus of the quest. Kabam could release a couple of these a year, and make it explicit that these are for endgame players.
  • Mr_PredictorMr_Predictor Member Posts: 107
    GagoH said:

“For example, a quest for Thronebreakers(or a different requirement) that entails Act 6 level opponents with challenging nodes that aren’t very niche, but still very challenging. But with some sort of twist, like an itemban, or a limit of a 1 or 2 champion team limit, or a gate that allows only 3*s or below. Any combination of something like that. “

You want 300-400k healthpools done with 3*’s? It sounds like you just want to make everyone have a miserable time playing the game, the direction they’re currently going is fine. Like the several posts mentioned before, clear the content with lower ranked champs or with bad champs. You mentioned you had the top villains so Ofcourse you’re going to faceroll through the content, why not do the entire exploration with 4*’s? Not going to lie, the forums is getting way too toxic lately with all these complaints, but what can you expect when you clear content as soon as it arrives instead of pacing yourself and perhaps using weaker champs for the extra challenge?

OR. OR. OR. He said OR. "Any combination of something like that", was something th hat was also said. Read before jumping down throats
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★
    Not sure why people think every endgame player did abyss in a week? Even took me like 2 months, and we have players in my alliance who haven’t finished it.
  • Mr_PredictorMr_Predictor Member Posts: 107
    Also, for the people that disagree, what do you suggest endgame players do in their spare time then? What SHOULD they be doing? Summer of Pain was promised and delayed.

Also, I definitely agree with you OP.
    Ace_03 said:

Also, for the people that disagree, what do you suggest endgame players do in their spare time then? What SHOULD they be doing? Summer of Pain was promised and delayed.

Isn't map 7 and tier 1 wars enough for you? Maybe play another game in the meantime?
    Even tier 1 war has been nerfed pretty hard. Map 7 (depending on the paths you have) can be a little challenging because of the globals (without globals it’s a joke), but that’s not much.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

And yes, I beat all the variants, as soon as they we're released.

And I beat all of act 6, before any re-balancing, my position still is the same, nice try at condescendingly mocking me by assuming I was just a mid tier player having a moan.

Great, so what's the problem with endgamers wanting a greater challenge in content? As someone who has months' worth of content still to go through, I have no problem with people getting content in game that is currently out of reach for me. Why is that a farfetched position?

Strawmanning and harping on a single point in my comment does nothing to disprove the underlying theme of my argument? Your comment was still toxic, and my statement was meant to assert that I do not believe I am an endgame player, but I see no problem in there being content that's too much for me to chew off.
    You have no argument, the only counter you have is typing toxic.

I've already made my points, you just can't accept the reality of the situation, 1st you try to discredit my post by implying I'm not end game, then it's back to the only thing you can throw at me, toxic, because anything that disagrees with what you believe is right is just wrong and poisonous right?

I CLEARLY wrote the time will come when ultra hard content is released, it's just not the time atm, and I'll write it again, we had to stomach act 6 for a year, now you all have to stomach act 7.

Ultra hard content should not be the norm, but a novelty and you're arguing and harping about a niche piece of content that is the exception, not the rule.

Smh.

Most people didn't stomach it. They just sat around and complained about it. I plan on returning the favor. As you said, deal with it.
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Isn't map 7 and tier 1 wars enough for you? Maybe play another game in the meantime?
    Even tier 1 war has been nerfed pretty hard. Map 7 (depending on the paths you have) can be a little challenging because of the globals (without globals it’s a joke), but that’s not much.
    Nothing will ever be enough for anyone in MCOC, can't cater to everyone, we have periods of catering, now it's the mid tier catering time, like I wrote before, your time will come.
    Yup, the entire roadmap was focused on nerfing everything and making everything easier so 7.1 and V6 are exactly what I expected. Is it a bummer? Of course, is it surprising? Absolutely not. Is it wrong of them to do it? Probably not (even if you lose the interest of top players).
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    This game -- which I truly enjoy -- has always baffled me in that they almost force you to play with other people in the modes that adapt and scale in difficulty.

I have been endgame in many games over the years. The last thing you want when you've got a huge, OP roster is to constantly have to look for someone else to do something with.

You want to test your skills AND your roster SOLO. It baffles me how Kabam makes the content that scales require you to bring someone else. Totally baffles me
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    HI_guys said:

Mauled said:

Moot4Life said:

i reckon perhaps using some lower ranked champions can make things harder

I personally don’t see the point in having to use lower ranked or rarity champions in anything other than things like the 4* challenge MEQ because it defeats the whole purpose of the game which is the development of a wide and powerful roster.
    The sole reason of upgrading champs is so that you can make future content easier for you.
    that's pretty much what I said
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Here's how I'd scale "Solo Incursions" for rewards:

Rooms 1-4: 2 percent catalyst crystals
    Room 5: 10 percent catalyst crystal
    Room 6-9: 2 percent catalyst crystals
    Room 10: 10 percent catalyst selector
    Room 11-14: 2 percent catalyst crystals
    Room 15: 10 percent catalyst selector

You can only enter once per day, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Sprinkle in some Signature Stones, as needed.

That's how you solve this problem
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

And I beat all of act 6, before any re-balancing, my position still is the same, nice try at condescendingly mocking me by assuming I was just a mid tier player having a moan.

Great, so what's the problem with endgamers wanting a greater challenge in content? As someone who has months' worth of content still to go through, I have no problem with people getting content in game that is currently out of reach for me. Why is that a farfetched position?

Strawmanning and harping on a single point in my comment does nothing to disprove the underlying theme of my argument? Your comment was still toxic, and my statement was meant to assert that I do not believe I am an endgame player, but I see no problem in there being content that's too much for me to chew off.

I've already made my points, you just can't accept the reality of the situation, 1st you try to discredit my post by implying I'm not end game, then it's back to the only thing you can throw at me, toxic, because anything that disagrees with what you believe is right is just wrong and poisonous right?

I CLEARLY wrote the time will come when ultra hard content is released, it's just not the time atm, and I'll write it again, we had to stomach act 6 for a year, now you all have to stomach act 7.

Ultra hard content should not be the norm, but a novelty and you're arguing and harping about a niche piece of content that is the exception, not the rule.

Smh.

Most people didn't stomach it. They just sat around and complained about it. I plan on returning the favor. As you said, deal with it.
    I didn't, I beat it, so not sure what is your point. If you just want to write something to have the final word, feel free to do so after this message.
    Quit being so defensive, not everyone is insulting you with a response.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

Smh.

I didn't, I beat it, so not sure what is your point. If you just want to write something to have the final word, feel free to do so after this message.
    YOU might not have but majority of the community have. I too would find it extremely boring if I had nothing else to acomplish in game. I hope Kabam releases some content for endgame players soon.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’m not in your camp as I am still fairly challenged by Variants and some paths in 7.1 since my roster is still very much under development. I agree with your sentiment though. Heck, half of why I’m in a solo alliance is so I don’t hit a content cap since I’m a few good pulls (and a bunch of leveling materials) away from being able to do almost any content I really set my mind to.
  • Arslankhan629Arslankhan629 Member Posts: 5
    Form which level I should be able to apply variants
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

Smh.

YOU might not have but majority of the community have. I too would find it extremely boring if I had nothing else to acomplish in game. I hope Kabam releases some content for endgame players soon.
    Majority? Sure man, whatever fits your narrative.
    Were you living under a rock?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Yes there should be challenging content for end gamers soon. But v6 and act 7.1 designs are top-notch and too much fun.
  • Thunderstruck77Thunderstruck77 Member Posts: 78
    It’s the point of the game to rank champs to make content easier...
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

Smh.

The response for act 7 and V6 has been overwhelmingly positive, well received.

To state otherwise is just confusing to me. No matter how many times you try to dispute this, it won't make it anymore true.
    Ahhh shucks...I thought you were talking about act 6. In that case, I agree with your points. Now if you excuse me, I am gonna sit here in humiliation.
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ace_03 said:

A

Smh.

The response for act 7 and V6 has been overwhelmingly positive, well received.

To state otherwise is just confusing to me. No matter how many times you try to dispute this, it won't make it anymore true.
    Ya super positive, easy content will also be very well received. There was a thread recently about people’s favorite event ever and the most voted one was gwenpool goes to the movies. In that event, you just did autofight and got a 5* crystal