• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

HI_guys said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Finger's crossed yellow jacket is god tier

Remember, DDHK they said he will be overpowered with rage debuff and 100% regeneration rate.
    Guess, kabam kabamed everyone.
    Kabam doesn't claim any champ will be overpowered. Can you point me to where a rep from Kabam said this?

They could have made that rage debuff passive and keep the regen rate normal.
    Here you go fella.
    See for yourself, they said he will be too powerful with willpower mastery with 100% regen rate.
    Hmmmmm where does it say he'd be overpowered? The "too powerful" meant he'd regen too much. That's not being OP.
    Who said anything about ddhk being overpowered? @Ksp_2099 stated Kabam saying Regen will be oP. Not the champ itself being op
    Bro kabamz don't want one champion to have even normal regeneration and also released wolverine as 5*, x23, bmcw with blood curse, omega red heal, etc.
    And please even with normal regen rate he is not OP in any way. His kit was awesome and had so much potential but due to his non-usability with suicides makes him just mehhhhhhh.
    Leave it bro, I wanted him to be good because of his Netflix show, I loved that show, just wanted him to be good in this game too.

So don't use suicides when you use him....

You realize you don't HAVE to have points in those masteries right?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Remember, DDHK they said he will be overpowered with rage debuff and 100% regeneration rate.
    Kabam doesn't claim any champ will be overpowered. Can you point me to where a rep from Kabam said this?

Here you go fella.
    See for yourself, they said he will be too powerful with willpower mastery with 100% regen rate.
    Meaning the addition was too OP. That doesn't state any claim of upcoming buffs being in line with the "God Tier' scale. There are some change ideas that result in Champions that are much too powerful for the current framework. As much as people like to rationalize them and say it's not too much, their job is to make sure the goals of these buffs are to improve, not break further. The only real guarantee is better than they were.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

HI_guys said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Here you go fella.
    Hmmmmm where does it say he'd be overpowered? The "too powerful" meant he'd regen too much. That's not being OP.
    Who said anything about ddhk being overpowered? @Ksp_2099 stated Kabam saying Regen will be oP. Not the champ itself being op
    Bro kabamz don't want one champion to have even normal regeneration and also released wolverine as 5*, x23, bmcw with blood curse, omega red heal, etc.
    And please even with normal regen rate he is not OP in any way. His kit was awesome and had so much potential but due to his non-usability with suicides makes him just mehhhhhhh.
    Leave it bro, I wanted him to be good because of his Netflix show, I loved that show, just wanted him to be good in this game too.

So don't use suicides when you use him....

You realize you don't HAVE to have points in those masteries right?
    Why would anyone change their mastery build around DD though? I get what you're trying to get at but he's the only champ in the game who can't be played with suicides, every other champ can be used still even if not optimal. That's a valid criticism.
    So don't use him then. He absolutely CAN be used with suicides, he's just gonna die quickly. Mastery and champ choices are choices. No one is forcing you to use or not use them.
    By that logic what's the point in changing any champs? No one is forcing us to use them or not use them right? All champs absolutely CAN be used, they'll just take way longer to end fights or lack the utility to do them without items, but they still CAN be used. So why request changes on any of them?

Btw I don't use him for that reason, but like many others would like to. The idea of having a problem with people wanting that changed to make him usable for them is really odd.
    Requesting improvements is one thing. It's definitely necessary with a game that is continuously changing. Improving them in a competitive way is not feasible or reasonable. When we start expecting them to be comparatively better than others, the perspective is lost. Meaning, the whole thought process of why choosing them over other Champs isn't something on the radar. That ranking of Champs is something Players do.
  • Options
    To put it in other terms, we can hope they're all God Tier, but I'm almost 100% certain not all of them will be. They can't all be Colossus, or the next best old thing.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

To put it in other terms, we can hope they're all God Tier, but I'm almost 100% certain not all of them will be. They can't all be Colossus, or the next best old thing.

This is true, but nobody is asking or expecting that. They should absolutely be changed to fit in with other champs in a competitive way though or there's no reason to change them at all. Even filling a niche role (falcon for example) accomplishes that goal, and that's what people expect. DD doesn't fit that bill because of the regen rate. He can't be used in any situation that would have a damaging debuff on him which excludes him from too much for too many players.
    That's why people call so many buffs a flop. They're comparing them to other Champs. Not how they were before.
    The point of this is to give more usefulness to what people pull, which is also tied into the RNG complaints. It's not to compete with a list of who does what better.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

This is true, but nobody is asking or expecting that. They should absolutely be changed to fit in with other champs in a competitive way though or there's no reason to change them at all. Even filling a niche role (falcon for example) accomplishes that goal, and that's what people expect. DD doesn't fit that bill because of the regen rate. He can't be used in any situation that would have a damaging debuff on him which excludes him from too much for too many players.
    He does fill a niche role though. He can be used against thorns/electro and shrugs non damaging debuffs fairly easily. He's just very bad with suicides so you have a bunch of permanent suicide users whining about not being able to use him when they can just as easily choose to just use someone else like they choose to never change their masteries. Running suicides 100% of the time with 100% of champs isn't a divine right or something anyone with any reasonable amount of sense should expect to be realistic.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★
    and once again, this thread has derailed.

sigh
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    edited January 2021
    Am I the only who who already knew of Terrax's utility before his buff? In the act 7 beta I tried out my Terrax at a max level and I found a rotation where you can start the fight with 2 bars of power when the rock field expires as well as after the sp3. He was literally indestructible the whole fight. His damage was the only issue and now his damage and playstyle is going to be similar to CMM. Might be wrong soon but he's looking to be a top 5 cosmic.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,795 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Am I the only who who already knew of Terrax's utility before his buff? In the act 7 beta I tried out my Terrax at a max level and I found a rotation where you can start the fight with 2 bars of power when the rock field expires as well as after the sp3. He was literally indestructible the whole fight. His damage was the only issue and now his damage and playstyle is going to be similar to CMM. Might be wrong soon but he's looking to be a top 5 cosmic.

I've always used a similar rotation to it, and even said that he was a top champion. But no one took me serious.
    I really wonder why ...
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

When is the new update dropping?
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    @KDSuperFlash10 who uploaded the video? It’s private now.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,872 ★★★★★

@IceBro said:

I've always used a similar rotation to it, and even said that he was a top champion. But no one took me serious.
    I really wonder why ...
    Could you help me understand that rotation?

I am still trying to figure out how to use this champ properly.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

It got taken down cuz KamMCOC accidentally uploaded gameplay early
    Well, it certainly was very impressive from Terrax. 32K heavies and almost 60K sp2.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

It got taken down cuz KamMCOC accidentally uploaded gameplay early
    Well, it certainly was very impressive from Terrax. 32K heavies and almost 60K sp2.
    Additionally, the video also showed something that no player has ever done- play Terrax right (granted, no player ever had to before, he was just a bench warmer.) He requires a more passive playstyle and actually needs to take hits during his Rock Field stage to build up a ton of Power to counter the Power Drain. In the video we see Kam block a couple of Vision's Sp2s, and that fills up almost an entire bar of Power. That's why he's got Indestructible Charges, to tank hits and further fuel the Rock Field. Combine that with the Power Gain from the Sp2 and you'll lose almost no Power after the Crit Heavy, allowing you to spam Specials all day long.
    True, indeed many player used him in wrong way, Terrax's gameplay is about keep his rock field as long as possible for heavy damage or spam heavy to spam many SPs, his Indestructible is not just to reduce damage is to increase his rock field duration ,....
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,151 ★★★★★

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmS0RNTDxts

Terrax looks phenomenal, 11.5k mediums, 35k heavy attacks, sp2 spamming like crazy, double immune (and awesome immunities at that), DOT, armor breaks for days, power gain, and indestructible. I can see him being used a lot now. It pains me to say this but I believe he is now firmly the second best herald of galactus.

Mole Man looks solid but I think he's being overrated. He has a LOT of flaws currently still in his kit. He has to choose between damage or utility. For example, in a fight where you need to shrug off debuffs, you will only be able to do that in his non-frenzy phase and when you get to frenzy, uh oh, you'll die cuz you won't be able to shrug off those debuffs. Second, his awakened ability is still a detriment because the critical damage and attack boost, which is needed for him because he doesn't have any way to increase his crit damage or attack in his base kit, is based on missing health. Mole Man has average health, low block proficiency, and no way to regenerate health, so there are too many cons to risk yourself playing at low health. Overall, Mole Man's tune up is a good one, and I can see him being used a lot more now, but he's kind of in that Mysterio region where you have to sacrifice damage/utility for the other.

So long as Air-Walker remains on top
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,385 ★★★★★

I really hope his buff is good, I grinder 20 arcade quests for this 😭😭

A fellow 6 star terrax 😭😭