**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

my MCU tier list, the redux

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Both Spider-Man movies are S tier imo but that might just be cuz Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel character
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Jaded said:

And these are the responses we get when a few people run rampant in the forums with joke threads.

👏👏👏

You're still on that? Let it go. It doesn't affect you.
    Cause and effect...some people can learn this.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Both Spider-Man movies are S tier imo but that might just be cuz Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel character

He's one of my favorite Marvel characters too. Which is why I'd call both movies D tier. The MCU version of Spider-Man is a completely different character. He's more like Amadeus Cho or Riri Williams than he is Peter Parker and it drives me insane. I just can't.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

He's one of my favorite Marvel characters too. Which is why I'd call both movies D tier. The MCU version of Spider-Man is a completely different character. He's more like Amadeus Cho or Riri Williams than he is Peter Parker and it drives me insane. I just can't.
    That's exactly how I felt about it. It is really not a great incarnation of Spiderman to me. They leaned way too heavily on Iron Man to make the movies a success. Even the villains were connected in some form to the MCU and Iron Man. If you ask me, all the MCU origin movies should strive to be able to be standalone movies. Let the sequels continue the story with crossovers.
    Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

That's exactly how I felt about it. It is really not a great incarnation of Spiderman to me. They leaned way too heavily on Iron Man to make the movies a success. Even the villains were connected in some form to the MCU and Iron Man. If you ask me, all the MCU origin movies should strive to be able to be standalone movies. Let the sequels continue the story with crossovers.
    Yeah, it stinks cause I love Tom Holland as Spider-Man, I just really hate the way they're portraying the character.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

the only two spider man films (haven’t seen andrews yet) that are S tier are Into the Spiderverse and Spider-Man 2.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

I think it's because they have to contractually. I'm willing to bet that the storylines would be way different if Marvel was able to get the rights back for Spider Man.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

the only two spider man films (haven’t seen andrews yet) that are S tier are Into the Spiderverse and Spider-Man 2.
    I mean Spider-Man 3 should be in S-tier for Bully Maguire itself.

Is it wrong that Spider-Man 3 is my favorite Spider-Man movie? That scene was hilarious.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Is it wrong that Spider-Man 3 is my favorite Spider-Man movie? That scene was hilarious.
    No I fully agree

Honestly, I'm one of the very few that absolutely loves Garfield's movies. The acting is phenomenal, the story is compelling, the chemistry between Peter and Gwen is perfect, and if they did anything right, they really nailed Spider-Man himself. Maybe not Peter, but Spider-Man is perfection. The way he moved, the way he fought, the outfit, all perfection. I really don't know why people don't like them.

Though the Villains and motivations in the 2nd movie are sub-par, the rest of the movie is too perfect to pass up on.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Black Panther was always a pretty mediocre movie. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Ragnarok was awful - had a few good scenes here and there but it was overall a letdown IMO. I also can't stand Holland as Spider-Man. Didn't really enjoy any of his movies. I'd never put any other MCU movie below Cap Marvel. Cap Marvel deserves F tier - and for me, this is for many more reasons than just Larson.

Honestly, I just think the MCU was done pretty poorly IMO.

Etjama said:

Honestly, I'm one of the very few that absolutely loves Garfield's movies. The acting is phenomenal, the story is compelling, the chemistry between Peter and Gwen is perfect, and if they did anything right, they really nailed Spider-Man himself. Maybe not Peter, but Spider-Man is perfection. The way he moved, the way he fought, the outfit, all perfection. I really don't know why people don't like them.

Though the Villains and motivations in the 2nd movie are sub-par, the rest of the movie is too perfect to pass up on.
    I liked his version quite a bit. I feel like he was a better spider man than Toby.
    I hear a lot of people say that Toby makes the best Peter, Andrew makes the best Spider-Man, and Tom makes the best mix of both. And I can honestly get down with that. It's just too bad for me that Tom is forced to play a completely different character with Peter's personality.
    edited February 2021

Black Panther was always a pretty mediocre movie. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Ragnarok was awful - had a few good scenes here and there but it was overall a letdown IMO. I also can't stand Holland as Spider-Man. Didn't really enjoy any of his movies. I'd never put any other MCU movie below Cap Marvel. Cap Marvel deserves F tier - and for me, this is for many more reasons than just Larson.

I want to give a disagree so bad... but I agree with you on the Captain Marvel thing. And no, it's not just Brie Larson. I didn't even know about all that drama when I first watched it and I still hated it with all my heart. I think I'll just stay neutral here.

I honestly thought Captain Marvel was the worst MCU movie. Nothing memorable in it at all.
  • Iron man 2 is underrated IMO

Crcrcrc said:

I honestly thought Captain Marvel was the worst MCU movie. Nothing memorable in it at all.
    Not even the cat?
    How many accounts you need? Is this not against TOS?

Thankfully we have mods and guardians to keep this away.
    Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

Not even the cat?

what do you mean- oh not again
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I liked his version quite a bit. I feel like he was a better spider man than Toby.
    I hear a lot of people say that Toby makes the best Peter, Andrew makes the best Spider-Man, and Tom makes the best mix of both. And I can honestly get down with that. It's just too bad for me that Tom is forced to play a completely different character with Peter's personality.
    Toby makes the best early comic to movie version. Toby is pretty much who peter parker was as written in the original comics. Everything a male was in the 50's and 60's.

Andrew makes the best modern comic to movie version. Andrew portrays where the comics are now with Peter. He's a bit edgier and captures more of the witty quips we know from Spider Man and is able to push that envelope a bit more as Andrews comedic timing is far above and beyond Toby's.

Tom is everything we could want in a movie version of Spider Man. He very much a mix of both but the thing for me is Tom is trying to be 15 and looking 25. The softer, innocent voice doesn't match him at all and I feel he could be funnier like Andrew. I like Tom's storylines a lot though. It's just cool seeing Spider Man in the MCU where he belongs.
    Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

Not even the cat?

Is it CGR again? Why does he keep trying to come back? He makes it so obvious.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Toby makes the best early comic to movie version. Toby is pretty much who peter parker was as written in the original comics. Everything a male was in the 50's and 60's.

Andrew makes the best modern comic to movie version. Andrew portrays where the comics are now with Peter. He's a bit edgier and captures more of the witty quips we know from Spider Man and is able to push that envelope a bit more as Andrews comedic timing is far above and beyond Toby's.

Tom is everything we could want in a movie version of Spider Man. He very much a mix of both but the thing for me is Tom is trying to be 15 and looking 25. The softer, innocent voice doesn't match him at all and I feel he could be funnier like Andrew. I like Tom's storylines a lot though. It's just cool seeing Spider Man in the MCU where he belongs.
    Yeah, that's a really good way to put it. Gotta say I can't agree with liking Tom's storyline though. I really do want to, and he really does belong in the MCU, and I do love seeing him there with all my other favorite characters. I just can't get behind him being Iron Man's protege instead of his own character.

Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

Not even the cat?

I didn’t quote you, why do you feel I’m talking directly to you?
    edited February 2021
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

Not even the cat?

I’m not. Responding to your comment. Go away CGR (that’s who the oh not again was referring to)
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

Not even the cat?

I wish there was a 🤦🏻‍♂️ button. I would hit it.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    you lost me at Age of Ultron > Black Panther
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I understand your point, Spider-Man is played down a lot because so far he's needed help from supporting Avengers like Iron Man. Hopefully Spider-Man 3 puts the focus on Spider-Man himself.

Etjama said:

I understand your point, Spider-Man is played down a lot because so far he's needed help from supporting Avengers like Iron Man. Hopefully Spider-Man 3 puts the focus on Spider-Man himself.
    Yeah, it's not just him getting played down and needing help though, I'm okay with that. And I'm fine with not having a Spider-Man origin movie since we've already seen it more than once, but I do wish there were at least references to his motivation in the MCU. His parents and Uncle Ben's deaths have always been the key to him as a person. Always. And the MCU is just acting like they never existed. His character in the MCU really does seem a lot more like Riri Williams imo.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    There’s no alternate universe where I can see CM as equivalent to GotG2. CM is one of the most pedestrian MCU films and operates like a preemptive retcon.

I used to love comic-book Carol. But I’d put movie Carol with the likes of IM2, Dark World. It feels forced and even SLJ can’t save it and without Ben Mendelsohn, it’s tough to watch.

But...it is a better 80’s retro movie than WW84, so I will give it that.

Also: you need a completely separate lower category for Hulk. Faced with being forced to watch Hulk or Justice League, I’d have to go DC. Hulk is straight to video caliber.

Dr. Zola