**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Somewhere Over The Bifröst

Comments

• Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    doctorb said:

Soundwarp said:

Found another bug, just did tier 10 3 times and my count down for how many I can do is staying 7/7

How r u on tier 10 already???
    I just unlocked tier 9 tonight and I've been doing everything right?
    Some players were over-compensated.
  • Shamanriver77Shamanriver77 Posts: 78
    Kabam Boo said:

@Kabam Boo cant we just keep playing tier 6 to earn enough uru to buy all remaining caskets and then once unlock tier 10, just complete to earn the title??

No, I'm sorry but you'll always have to beat the previous Tier to go on to the next. So, you have to beat Tier 7 in order to buy Casket #7, and then beat Tier 8 to buy Casket #8, and then beat Tier 9 to buy the last Casket #9. If you cannot beat Tier 7, you can always repeat Tier 6 and get the Quest Rewards from Tier 6, but that is it!
    But you'll only have do each tier once you unlock so in effect yes. Earn all uru you can at lower levels first then do each other higher tier just the once and buy as you go with previously earned uru
  • Kingchief0_Kingchief0_ Posts: 3
    I am missing a feather. And my messages say “658”. Help me @KabamMike
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

Based on this it says you need 75 uru / 7 runs to go from tier 8 to tier 9. I accidentally did 1 extra run of tier 7 which gave me 10 uru.

Does this mean I now only need 6 runs of tier 8 since the additional t7 run gave 10 uru? Or do i still do 7 runs of tier 8
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    GagoH said:

Based on this it says you need 75 uru / 7 runs to go from tier 8 to tier 9. I accidentally did 1 extra run of tier 7 which gave me 10 uru.

Does this mean I now only need 6 runs of tier 8 since the additional t7 run gave 10 uru? Or do i still do 7 runs of tier 8

You can run whatever tiers you want to earn the correct amount of uru. That's why there is always 2 tiers available. So if you can't beat the next one you can grind the easier one to purchase your casket. The number of runs provided are what it takes to earn enough uru not a mandate on running a specific tier x amount of times.
  • KingCybertronKingCybertron Posts: 94
    I will open all goodies. Bwahahahhaahhaahah
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 207

GagoH said:

You can run whatever tiers you want to earn the correct amount of uru. That's why there is always 2 tiers available. So if you can't beat the next one you can grind the easier one to purchase your casket. The number of runs provided are what it takes to earn enough uru not a mandate on running a specific tier x amount of times.
    Ok , just to be clear...I can keep running tier 7 or 8 and collect the Uru to purchase casket 9 ?

Sorry to be doubtful, I just don't wanna screw up .

Thank You !
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

GagoH said:

Ok , just to be clear...I can keep running tier 7 or 8 and collect the Uru to purchase casket 9 ?

Sorry to be doubtful, I just don't wanna screw up .

Thank You !
    Yes, but the moment you do you will unlock T10 and the only two difficulties you will see will be Tier 9 and Tier 10.

If you currently see Tier 7 and Tier 8, that means you've unlocked Tier 8 and the highest casket you've bought is Casket 7. The moment you buy Casket 8 you'll start seeing Tiers 8 and 9 only. When you buy Casket 9 you will start seeing Tiers 9 and 10 only. Be sure you want to buy them when you buy them, as there's no going back.
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 207
    DNA3000 - thank you for the great advice ...I thought maybe hoarding uru could be a strategy .

After seeing next tiers I think they are very doable without using too many resources.

I'll bet you next month will be rich w AGs , shards etc...This is a lot of work for the rewards
  • arjun8529arjun8529 Posts: 2
    Kabam is the best

DNA3000 - thank you for the great advice ...I thought maybe hoarding uru could be a strategy .

After seeing next tiers I think they are very doable without using too many resources.

I'll bet you next month will be rich w AGs , shards etc...This is a lot of work for the rewards

It is all about progress, both roster progress and your own personal skill progress. The stronger your roster, the easier it will be to do this kind of content. And the more practice you get sharpening your skills, the easier it will get as well. Part of the satisfaction (in my opinion) of continuing to progress in the game is looking back at all the stuff we used to think was hard and now is not so hard, and things we thought were not so hard that are now really easy.

Good luck.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    If you ignore the bugs, this side quest was pretty good.
    The reward to difficulty ratio was awesome even when you factor odin's original buff nodes working as intended.
  • _manuel__manuel_ Posts: 5
    This event was boring.
    it is too long to have to wait days and days to complete the various levels.
    These events should be totally free so that each player can decide for himself if and when to take them.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    My opinion has evolved over the month, but I would consider it a solid event. It’s tough to have to wait out the rewards until the end of the month, but it was worth the wait.

Only nit I have is that I would simplify the structure of future quests a little to make things less confusing.

While I am undecided on the grindiness of the quests, I also think it would have elicited complaints if the quest was randomized each time. Repetitiveness over randomness was a reasonable trade-off.

What I was most impressed by was the timely, fair and well-reasoned response to the quest bug. One of the best jobs the team has done in recent memory to address it. This is how I would like to see issues resolved in the future.

Good job.

Dr. Zola
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Confused again. It now says I have 7/7 attempts at level 10? I'd rather run 9 for the 5* shards. Is that off the table now?
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Important: Tier 10 Access
    Please note that you will only have access to Tier 10 a total of 7 times. If you force quit the path before you finish, it will count as 1, so please try not to force quit the path before you finish it! Note also that there is a visual bug where it looks like the counter will renew, but it does not. You can only run Tier 10 a total of 7 times. We repeat, this will not renew! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  • If we have extra runs for tier 9, where do we spend the extra urus (if we have already purchased the last casket)?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

If we have extra runs for tier 9, where do we spend the extra urus (if we have already purchased the last casket)?

Either there is a planned addition coming to Odins shop, or the whole thing has been incredibly poorly planned.

Let’s wait and see.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

If we have extra runs for tier 9, where do we spend the extra urus (if we have already purchased the last casket)?

Either there is a planned addition coming to Odins shop, or the whole thing has been incredibly poorly planned.

Let’s wait and see.
    There being leftover currency is not the same as poor planning
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

Let’s wait and see.
    The extra Uru is a sort of a cushion incase people messed up.

I am Groot.
    Voltolos said:

Let’s wait and see.
    That’s your opinion. As it stands when all the feathers are used I’ll have 84 uru left with nothing to do with it. I’m not bothered either way, I was just giving my thoughts to the post that I quoted.

Let’s wait and see.
    The extra Uru is a sort of a cushion incase people messed up.

I am Groot.
    I can go with that idea. Given how much of a mess this months side quest has been, I’m sure plenty of us have messed up. At least the rewards were OK.
    Zan0 said:

Voltolos said:

Let’s wait and see.
    That’s your opinion. As it stands when all the feathers are used I’ll have 84 uru left with nothing to do with it. I’m not bothered either way, I was just giving my thoughts to the post that I quoted.
    Maybe just maybe it's because you got given 120 uru at the start of the event for being uncollected. Now do the math for players who didn't have the uru given how many uru they'll have left. Also if they wouldn't have needed to change tier 10 you would have only had 10 extra uru at the end of the event if you played it normally
    So back to my original post, is that which you have just said not down to poor planning?
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Voltolos said:

Let’s wait and see.
    Maybe just maybe it's because you got given 120 uru at the start of the event for being uncollected. Now do the math for players who didn't have the uru given how many uru they'll have left. Also if they wouldn't have needed to change tier 10 you would have only had 10 extra uru at the end of the event if you played it normally
    So back to my original post, is that which you have just said not down to poor planning?
    You clearly don't know or understand what the word planning means
    Needed to make last minute changes to an event they had programmed, basically because what they had done didn’t work as they had PLANNED!

Ps, I’m not going to resort to underhand insults.

Voltolos said:

Let’s wait and see.
    It is not an opinion: we have left over Uru deliberately. The original design specifically contained extra Uru to reduce the penalty for player errors or failures.

When the UC starter pack error and the feather compensation error occurred, this created completely separate problems that required adjustments. Part of that adjustment was eliminating the need for feathers for Tier 10 to ensure no one gained an excessive number of runs at the highest reward tier. Doing that increased the number of feathers that could be used for lower tiers such as tier 9 which drop Uru the player no longer needs. The devs *deliberately* designed the fix to allow for this, which generates extra rewards for players to partially mitigate the excess rewards that the double Uru error generated for some players.

In effect you get extra Uru not because of bad design, but because of a two good design decisions. First, the event contained margin for error for the players, something the players complained about not having in previous events. This meant efficient players would have some left over Uru. And second, the fix to address double Uru for some Uncollected players freed some feathers for players to use in lower tiers, which generates more useful rewards and more useless Uru. As the additional Uru has no impact on the game, there was no need to address it in any way.

The basic design principle here is: if everything is useful, nothing is optional. The only way to give players margin for error in an event like this is for everyone to get more of a critical resource then they can profitably use, so players who get slightly less experience no penalty.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240
    With tier 10 done, what do we do with the Uru we're still geting from playing tier 9 - what do we do with those? IMO, there should've been some item options in Odin's Armory to trade those. @Kabam Miike