**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    Namor was nerfed, Cull was nerfed, She Hulk was nerfed, whoever was not nerfed and people nevertheless continue to play with them, this is just a matter of habit, so humble yourself, the developers will still do whatever they want. The maximum that shines are most likely tickets for lowering a rank. And to whom really like the hood, they will still play it regardless of the nerf

And yet, this is just all theory, we have not even seen it in practice to criticize. Calm down and wait at least until the update.

Only one youtuber who will say that he is like a minimum demi god tier / god tier is enough for all this panic to end
    Kabam did this more than once nerfing champs so why are you surprised, just accept it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Namor was nerfed, Cull was nerfed, She Hulk was nerfed, whoever was not nerfed and people nevertheless continue to play with them, this is just a matter of habit, so humble yourself, the developers will still do whatever they want. The maximum that shines are most likely tickets for lowering a rank. And to whom really like the hood, they will still play it regardless of the nerf

And yet, this is just all theory, we have not even seen it in practice to criticize. Calm down and wait at least until the update.

Only one youtuber who will say that he is like a minimum demi god tier / god tier is enough for all this panic to end
    Kabam did this more than once nerfing champs so why are you surprised, just accept it

This is more than a nerf, this is a buff that has made him better in some areas and worse in his main one.

Anyone who is saying this is an outright nerf isn't entirely correct, but I understand the feeling behind it. This is a misguided buff rather than a nerf, that's why your point isn't relevant.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

I’m okay with disagrees, but I really want to know how this affects you. How it effects me? It doesn’t, his fate seal has never been a powerful one and haven’t thought about a time I needed a fate seal, no one i know of is over the top on the buff

That's why I am also waiting to decide what it means for my roster. I took him to rank 2 over sym Supreme and longshot mainly for his stagger and fate seal and also for the synergy with kingpin. I am still not happy with the change, but holding to make my decision.
    Long shot has best fate seal in game one SP2 rip. I’m holding my opinions as well. I ranked him up , for no reason other than I think he still wears kswiss and looks cool. No synergies quite yet
    The reason I don't like longshot is he can pretty much do what he does not have good damage in basic attacks and can control buffs only with sp2. Hood can do that with basic attacks and has a lot more utility than Longshot. Sym supreme needs awakening in my opinion for buff control. Hood synergy with Kingpin and ghost was what tipped the scales.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

I’m okay with disagrees, but I really want to know how this affects you. How it effects me? It doesn’t, his fate seal has never been a powerful one and haven’t thought about a time I needed a fate seal, no one i know of is over the top on the buff

That's why I am also waiting to decide what it means for my roster. I took him to rank 2 over sym Supreme and longshot mainly for his stagger and fate seal and also for the synergy with kingpin. I am still not happy with the change, but holding to make my decision.
    Long shot has best fate seal in game one SP2 rip. I’m holding my opinions as well. I ranked him up , for no reason other than I think he still wears kswiss and looks cool. No synergies quite yet
    The reason I don't like longshot is he can pretty much do what he does not have good damage in basic attacks and can control buffs only with sp2. Hood can do that with basic attacks and has a lot more utility than Longshot. Sym supreme needs awakening in my opinion for buff control. Hood synergy with Kingpin and ghost was what tipped the scales.
    Eh SymSup doesn't need the awakening for biff control, I mean the one every X seconds helps. But you still have to get some good RNG in the beginning in order to stack a lot of staggers. After the first sp3 though you're pretty much set
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Look the AAR is a plus but not game changing to lose. Honestly as long as he still has the ability to nullify with either his L2 or L3 he can be saved. Maybe if his L3 could nullify any buffs and power burn like 5% per buff it would make his L3 attack bonus actually feasible and usable. As long as he can nullify buffs that slip past stagger his kit would be saved.
  • Options
    I mean that’s an idea but eve just nullify on the L2. Doesn’t even have to be a fate seal. Just a way to clean the slate when buffs slip by stagger. Which is inevitable. No matter how hard you try buffs are going to get by on occasion.
  • Options
    I also have R5 hood. He was my primary mystic buff mitigating champ for a very long time. I still use him. Also have R5 ghost and kingpin. Honestly was excited at first hearing about his buff. But his inability nullify really pokes a hole in his kit’s bucket so to speak. He won’t be able to manage buffs. Which is what he was good at. Also with MD helped to feed him power to shoot off more L2s. Dramatic Sigh. Come on kabam. This is all pretty consistent and fair feedback. Some sort of communication back would be great. Just let the man keep his nullify for Pete’s sake. This is supposed to be a champ upgrade.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’ve gotta say, I’m not a fan of Hood’s buff, however I will admit I’ve never really had a chance to try him so I don’t have the most knowledge about his entire kit and rotation. I only pulled him as a 5* a couple days ago, and when I first heard of the buff I was hopeful because I know many people do use him for buff control and the main thing he needed was damage. But I really think they dropped the ball here, he lost quite a bit of utility in the forms of his fate seal, reduced stagger duration, the change in his awakened ability power drain, and the removal of stagger/shock refresh off heavy. I won’t really touch on the invisibility since like I said, I don’t have much experience with him. While yes, he did get more damage from his new Hex Bullet mechanic, we really don’t know how reliable this mechanic is yet. It seems like the most reliable way to gain bullets is to nullify buffs, however, he’s had his buff control abilities severely decreased. His staggers are really based on crit chance, so even if though the chance of applying is increased from 88% to 100%, it doesn’t seem like a huge difference to me. Add to that with the fact that his staggers have had their duration decreased from 7.5 seconds to 5 seconds, a 33% decrease, and the ability to refresh these staggers with the heavy has been removed. While it does seem like there were already holes in his staggering of buffs, this update makes those holes much larger. Plus, even if the holes were already there, the fate seal could catch any buffs that didn’t get nullified or any permanent buffs from the beginning of the match, but that option has been completely removed in favour of more damage. As well, his power drain/steal from his sig has been decreased from 65% chance to 45%, and has been moved from basic hits to mediums and the sp2, however I don’t find this change as important as the changes to his buff control, but it still is a significant change. To me, it really looks like he lost the piece of his kit that caused many players to rank him up in the first place. While yes, there are many other nullify champs like Doom, Claire, Sym Supreme, etc. we need to remember that the champs we get are random so not everyone has these options available. I like the fact that they’ve been buffing and updating champs that aren’t overly good, but I think what they need to keep in mind is that all of these champs have abilities that have defined what they are and what they can do. Taking away that utility for extra damage should not be an option, as pure damage is useless for the most part in higher content if there isn’t any utility. To me, if they though the new abilities they gave Hood made him OP, then they should’ve changed those abilities instead of taking away things that were already part of, and essential to, his kit.
  • Options
    The stacking hexes for detonation damage sounds cool. But dude just keep the nullify ability. Ok I think kabam surely gets the point I won’t beat a dead horse any further.
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited February 2021
    You guys are giving out rank down tickets with this nerf right?
  • Options
    BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

Pulyaman said:

Texas_11 said:

Longshot can control buffs only with Sp2? Lol

You definitely have to check his sig ability..
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    I havent played hood for years as mines pretty weak but always considered to rank due to the one mechnanic the sp2 invisibility that can literally help with specials so reliably and stagger with fate seal also the sig of chance to power steal on each hit.

This new buff for my eyes im just staying away as now he needs an actual buff heavy fights to even keep the damage, he wont be able to evade long specials (sucks massively), no fate seal so just ruins his kit for being a mystic as when i think mystic i think utility more than damage, since we have doom who i dont like id admit but his utility i do as draining a bar and half when opponent is at 3 bars is really good and able to steal power when aura is good its like taking one of them abilities away people would hate so doom on sp1 wouldnt drain on contact they will always have sp3.

This to me seems more like a nerf than a buff since they removed the utility people use the most and everything isnt all about damage sometimes champs need utility to get past certain things with ease.