**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Angela the best cosmic champion in the game?

Comments

• Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Is this it ?
    Does her dupe ability at max sig means that she is immune to any debuff ? But does this mean it only applies to debuff applied by the enemy and not to debuff by nodes ?
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Is this it ?
    Does her dupe ability at max sig means that she is immune to any debuff ?

Yep, she gains 35% debuff resistance per buff, and since it's an additive signature ability and she can gain and maintain 3 buffs with ease, she can maintain full debuff immunity.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    No. Good, but not the best.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    She's top 5 for very easily for sure but top 1 I'd say no. It's hype, corvus, cgr, cmm, and Angela. Rn what I'm trying to figure out is if she's better than cmm which idk is a tough call. Going from a meh charcter to one of the best comics is pretty nice tho, that sig is absolutely busted.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    No
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Kerneas said:

No, she sucks at defense. Annihilus is beter defender. She has no offensive DoT. Venom at least has bleeds.

My point is, you can't say some champ is just best in a class, because there will always be a thing someone else does better. No champion excels at everything at once.

With that said, she is a very solid cosmic champion and a good rankup option. Qith high sig level, she can find her place in any roster

Nick fury and doom are 100% best in their class. Sure for a certain scenario literally anyone could be "best in the class" but when people talk about these things they look at the game overall. I agree as well, Angela is super solid now. Crazy how much utility she got from a "value only" update (never trusting that term again)
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

I would caution against using your generic gem since there are quite a few champs that need her awakened ability more than her (admittedly, she does need it and preferably max sig). She can still do a lot without her sig and so I would priotize awakening champs like Omega, Fury, AA, Void, and maybe Captain Sparkles or Ghost over Angela.

I already have all the common generic candidates awakened except for Aegon and Ghost (who I don't have), but I have 2 generics and a tech gem for Ghost, so I can leave one to spare. And Angela loses a lot of her utility unawakened. This would be a really easy choice if it was a cosmic gem, makes it harder that it's generic tho.
    How did you get two generic six star awakening gems??? I thought the only one was in AoL?
    But yeah, if you have all the usual suspects awakened already, slam that gem into Angela for sure.
    Think he is referring to 5* gems
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

No, she sucks at defense. Annihilus is beter defender. She has no offensive DoT. Venom at least has bleeds.

My point is, you can't say some champ is just best in a class, because there will always be a thing someone else does better. No champion excels at everything at once.

With that said, she is a very solid cosmic champion and a good rankup option. Qith high sig level, she can find her place in any roster

Why does a champion need to be good at defense to be considered a top offensive champion? Am I missing something?

Also, I've never understood the people who said Angela needed bleeds or some other DOT. Her damage is good enough where I feel a small increase in damage from DOT would actually hurt her in many ways in nodes that punish debuffs, like cornered, masochism, debuff shruggers, etc. I feel like she's a more controllable champion without applying debuffs. I'm very glad Kabam didn't add bleeds to Angela's kit for that reason, it would have made her worse for some nodes that she's currently great for.
  • Options
    ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    best champion = a nerf is coming
  • Options

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

Yep, she gains 35% debuff resistance per buff, and since it's an additive signature ability and she can gain and maintain 3 buffs with ease, she can maintain full debuff immunity.
    Maintain full damaging debuff immunity. That's an important distinction. She won't be able to reduce the duration of debuffs like Armor Break, Power Lock, Fatigue, Concussion, etc. This is a good thing to me, though, because it still allows her to capitalize on Willpower healing.
    Maintaining full damaging debuff immunity is much more powerful than maintaining full non-damaging debuff immunity. She's immune to any ticking DOT that would melt her health. Some non-damaging DOT can be annoying, but for the most part, it is manageable unless it's like a massive concussion or node where you're punished for doing something if you have a specific non-damaging debuff on you. For the most part, as you said, it's free willpower healing. Damaging debuffs in endgame content are usually not free willpower healing, as they will melt your health bar.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

Maintain full damaging debuff immunity. That's an important distinction. She won't be able to reduce the duration of debuffs like Armor Break, Power Lock, Fatigue, Concussion, etc. This is a good thing to me, though, because it still allows her to capitalize on Willpower healing.
    Maintaining full damaging debuff immunity is much more powerful than maintaining full non-damaging debuff immunity. She's immune to any ticking DOT that would melt her health. Some non-damaging DOT can be annoying, but for the most part, it is manageable unless it's like a massive concussion or node where you're punished for doing something if you have a specific non-damaging debuff on you. For the most part, as you said, it's free willpower healing. Damaging debuffs in endgame content are usually not free willpower healing, as they will melt your health bar.
    Which is my point. For the most part, if you can get a non-damaging debuff on you in endgame content without being whammied by a special attack or hit by a combo, you want to have it and have it for its maximum duration to capitalize on Willpower healing. Angela's sig ability one of the best one for endgame (all, actually) players. I would go as far to say that it's as useful as Namor's.
  • Options

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

Which is my point. For the most part, if you can get a non-damaging debuff on you in endgame content without being whammied by a special attack or hit by a combo, you want to have it and have it for its maximum duration to capitalize on Willpower healing. Angela's sig ability one of the best one for endgame (all, actually) players. I would go as far to say that it's as useful as Namor's.
    I agree that it is as useful as Namor's, it's one of the most powerful sig abilities in the entire game.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    Ive been doing most tests today with angelas sig and so far hiemdall in 7.1.4 no auto blocks ever been finding places with dot so thor in 6.4.1 and 6.2.6 abom and both them fights got demolished hard wish there was higher healths for angela but not too high just high enough so we can look at these 2 abilities further in match instead of being quick to tell where fights aint long enough
  • Options

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

I agree that it is as useful as Namor's, it's one of the most powerful sig abilities in the entire game.
    I think that it will be a few months before its true potential is realized as well. Already, people know that it makes Icarus (and Rising Sun, I believe) inconsequential, but I think that people will continue to find new nodes and fights where her sig is insane. She will also be a monster in incursions.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Is this it ?
    Does her dupe ability at max sig means that she is immune to any debuff ? But does this mean it only applies to debuff applied by the enemy and not to debuff by nodes ?

All damaging debuffs. Also I guess if you have a permanent damaging debuff (think of void's debuffs or suicides poison), her sig wouldn't change anything. But it's a very specific thing we haven't really seen yet, I believe. Or I don't remember one
  • Options

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

I think that it will be a few months before its true potential is realized as well. Already, people know that it makes Icarus (and Rising Sun, I believe) inconsequential, but I think that people will continue to find new nodes and fights where her sig is insane. She will also be a monster in incursions.
    She's also gonna plow through all common DOT nodes like biohazard, caltrops, and freezer burn with ease. That sig ability is amazing.
  • Options

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

She's also gonna plow through all common DOT nodes like biohazard, caltrops, and freezer burn with ease. That sig ability is amazing.
    For a player who is exploring act 6 she's going to be such a powerhouse
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    So I don’t quite understand. Would Angela have immunity against debuff nodes or only against debuffs caused directly by champions ?
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

So I don’t quite understand. Would Angela have immunity against debuff nodes or only against debuffs caused directly by champions ?

Both
  • Options
    JessieS said:

Any dot but if its like 60 second poison or bleed u would only get the reduction of the start of the fight but good for bio and things like bio with different debuffs
  • Options
    Bendy said:

JessieS said:

Any dot but if its like 60 second poison or bleed u would only get the reduction of the start of the fight but good for bio and things like bio with different debuffs
    If I’m understanding how Odin’s crossfight works, you can have her gain three buffs in addition to her starting Huntress buff which will give her 100% reduced duration right away.
  • Options

Bendy said:

JessieS said:

If I’m understanding how Odin’s crossfight works, you can have her gain three buffs in addition to her starting Huntress buff which will give her 100% reduced duration right away.
    Yeah pretty insane mine needs about 6 as only sig 40 but so far 3-4 buffs im bypassing dot and autoblocks the odin synergy is defo gonna be insane for getting rid of dot at start
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Why does a champion need to be good at defense to be considered a top offensive champion? Am I missing something?

Also, I've never understood the people who said Angela needed bleeds or some other DOT. Her damage is good enough where I feel a small increase in damage from DOT would actually hurt her in many ways in nodes that punish debuffs, like cornered, masochism, debuff shruggers, etc. I feel like she's a more controllable champion without applying debuffs. I'm very glad Kabam didn't add bleeds to Angela's kit for that reason, it would have made her worse for some nodes that she's currently great for.
    Firstly let me say that I genuinely believe she is really really good champion.

But you said she is "the best cosmic champion". My point was that she doesnt excel at everything and that it's impossible to say some champ is the best. No champ is best at everything, even within their own class there will always be a champ who does something better.

And why I mentioned DoT effects? Because she doesn't have any. In terms of DoT, she is surpassed even by a simpletons like Drax.

Does she need DoT? Absolutely no, she hits hard with her basic attacks and SPs. But in scenarios where you need DoTs, she would be outshined by so many champions.

My point really is, that while she excels at wide variety of aspects, she is not best at everything.

I guess I am allergic to superlatives, sorry.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Aleor said:

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

All damaging debuffs. Also I guess if you have a permanent damaging debuff (think of void's debuffs or suicides poison), her sig wouldn't change anything. But it's a very specific thing we haven't really seen yet, I believe. Or I don't remember one
    Void’s debuffs are not damaging debuffs.
    Even if they were not permanent and had timer, Angela wouldn’t be able to shrug them off through her signature ability and she would still take damage, not from the debuffs themselves, but from Void intimidating presence, which cause damage for each debuff on the opponent.
    On the topic now. In my opinion Angela, if she remains at her current state, she has all the potential to be amongst top3 cosmics, even leaving champs like Corvus behind, who is rapidly falling in the game meta.
    Current end game and future health pools will make Corvus eventually less used, with only 20 charges.
    At this point Kabam should consider seriously to increase his charges to 30 or even 40.

• Options
    1greatbeard1greatbeard Posts: 27
    She’s definitely better than before but still lags behind Hyperion, CGR, Corvus, and CMM.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Nick fury and doom are 100% best in their class. Sure for a certain scenario literally anyone could be "best in the class" but when people talk about these things they look at the game overall. I agree as well, Angela is super solid now. Crazy how much utility she got from a "value only" update (never trusting that term again)
    They both excel at many things. And I have to quite agree that there isn't any practical aspect withing their class at which these were surpassed. I will still (for my personal fun purposes) try to find some niche area where these two aren't best in their class:

Nick - has no damaging debuff immunity
    Doom - has only one immunity to a fairly uncommon debuff but he compensates that with resistances. I can't really find any flaws on him - he has armor, resist, strong sps, nullify, stagger, buffs, debuffs, you name it. Only thing he lacks are the said immunities.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Aleor said:

JessieS said:

Is this it ?

Void’s debuffs are not damaging debuffs.
    Even if they were not permanent and had timer, Angela wouldn’t be able to shrug them off through her signature ability and she would still take damage, not from the debuffs themselves, but from Void intimidating presence, which cause damage for each debuff on the opponent.
    On the topic now. In my opinion Angela, if she remains at her current state, she has all the potential to be amongst top3 cosmics, even leaving champs like Corvus behind, who is rapidly falling in the game meta.
    Current end game and future health pools will make Corvus eventually less used, with only 20 charges.
    At this point Kabam should consider seriously to increase his charges to 30 or even 40.

I know that. Bad phrasing, that was about debuffs with no timer. It's easy too replace 60 seconds bleed with permanent bleed dealing x damage per second. For node like that her sig wouldn't work.
    As I said earlier in the thread, she is top 3 cosmic imo with Hype and cgr
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Wonder Woman is nice, but you wouldn’t r3 her over CMM , Corvus, or CGR