**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

"He" is entitled to feel however he wants on the subject. I ain't losing any sleep over it. If people want to get righteously indignant because a small number of people have something not everyone does, by all means.
    "Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair, Tina." -
    Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford

If this guy is going for Thronebreaker (which I highly doubt because of his utter lack of skill), he'll also protest the extra 26% T5CC frags. He's always like this. He gets pumped when an issue affects him as he only cares for what affects him directly, otherwise he's just a loud troll.
    What in the hell does going for Thronebreaker have to do with other people getting more? Honestly. You can take as many digs at me as you like, but some people got more through a glitch. It was unfortunate, but it happened. I'm waiting for Thronebreaker. Doesn't mean I'm crying for what others got through a mistake. Petitioning for the spoils of a glitch isn't in my wheelhouse. Is it that foreign of a concept to just be happy for people? No, that can't be possible.
    26% extra t5cc could very well have pushed a summoner to thronebreaker. We understand that it's not the players fault and I hope no one blames the players. But there has to be some equality in place. It's not like Kabam can't do anything when they clearly can.
    Okay. So? If the glitch pushed them, then great.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Any replies from the mods yet? Just a simple "We've raised this issue with the team and it's under discussion" would suffice. There are already very good arguments and suggestions in this thread itself.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

@Pulyaman said:

SWORD78 said:

Pulyaman said:

An extra 26% t5cc is an insane amount to miss out on.

It is an insane amount to miss out on. There have been some good suggestions like putting a hard lock like 10 times so people who got the extra Uru don't run amok and get more t5cc. But, kabam will also look at the work vs reward ratio and if the number of people that got the extra is small enough, then they will not do anything.

People also bringing up the side event don't understand that the number of people who ran it multiple times would have been large enough for them to take action. We already have a precendent that they don't take action sometimes like the AG fiasco.

At the end of the day, should kabam take action? Yes. Will they? Don't think so. Do I care if they don't? No

This would be like if people who exploited Treasure Mutant Island and got a ton of 6* Shards and Fabulous Crystals with Units got to do this continuously and got to keep the rewards
    Kabam usually don't bother with anything other than units. I am not sure, but I think the main problem with the side event was you could infinitely farm units which does cause problem for Kabam, which is why there was a ban. Other than that, I don't know if they have ever corrected a resource exploit in the game. I don't know how many people got these additional rewards, but if it is truly a lot, then hopefully Kabam will step up and limit the entries. But seeing that no one from Kabam has responded to this thread nor the original side event thread, I don't think they will.
    I think this may help a little.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added
    I did not get your point. Even in that thread Miike has said it has to be a huge amount for them to take action. So, either we need to create a huge enough sound for them to notice, or the glitch to affect a high number of accounts for them to see it as a significant problem.
  • Options
    KRoNX1 said:

Pulyaman said:

@Pulyaman said:

SWORD78 said:

Pulyaman said:

It is an insane amount to miss out on. There have been some good suggestions like putting a hard lock like 10 times so people who got the extra Uru don't run amok and get more t5cc. But, kabam will also look at the work vs reward ratio and if the number of people that got the extra is small enough, then they will not do anything.

People also bringing up the side event don't understand that the number of people who ran it multiple times would have been large enough for them to take action. We already have a precendent that they don't take action sometimes like the AG fiasco.

At the end of the day, should kabam take action? Yes. Will they? Don't think so. Do I care if they don't? No

This would be like if people who exploited Treasure Mutant Island and got a ton of 6* Shards and Fabulous Crystals with Units got to do this continuously and got to keep the rewards
    Kabam usually don't bother with anything other than units. I am not sure, but I think the main problem with the side event was you could infinitely farm units which does cause problem for Kabam, which is why there was a ban. Other than that, I don't know if they have ever corrected a resource exploit in the game. I don't know how many people got these additional rewards, but if it is truly a lot, then hopefully Kabam will step up and limit the entries. But seeing that no one from Kabam has responded to this thread nor the original side event thread, I don't think they will.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added
    I did not get your point. Even in that thread Miike has said it has to be a huge amount for them to take action. So, either we need to create a huge enough sound for them to notice, or the glitch to affect a high number of accounts for them to see it as a significant problem.
    High or low amount, they should fix it. How fast they took action for the mutant treasure island situation. Now since this is there mistake, they r just ignoring it.
    I have no idea how to explain this to you. Read what Miike said in the link above please.
  • Options

"He" is entitled to feel however he wants on the subject. I ain't losing any sleep over it. If people want to get righteously indignant because a small number of people have something not everyone does, by all means.
    "Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair, Tina." -
    Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford

If this guy is going for Thronebreaker (which I highly doubt because of his utter lack of skill), he'll also protest the extra 26% T5CC frags. He's always like this. He gets pumped when an issue affects him as he only cares for what affects him directly, otherwise he's just a loud troll.
    What in the hell does going for Thronebreaker have to do with other people getting more? Honestly. You can take as many digs at me as you like, but some people got more through a glitch. It was unfortunate, but it happened. I'm waiting for Thronebreaker. Doesn't mean I'm crying for what others got through a mistake. Petitioning for the spoils of a glitch isn't in my wheelhouse. Is it that foreign of a concept to just be happy for people? No, that can't be possible.
    The way you have to go against the general opinion of the thread is hilarious.
    No matter what topic, you always, always go against the majority and try to claim you’re not there to troll.
    If this had happened 6 months back, I would have been as angry as everyone here. But, the game has become a little stale for me. I have no real interest in ranking up champs like I used to because all only things remaining for me are V6, V1, LOL and AOL exploration. I know I can explore V1, V6 and LOL without dipping into my units and AOL is something I am not going to touch for sometime due to time constraints. I am confident I can do the rest of the contents with my current roster of 5 stars.

I can understand his view point somewhat. To someone who has no interest in the race, it does not matter who gets what because you are only watching your own progress. It is irritating to see someone playing the devil's advocate every time, I will give you that. :smiley:
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

KRoNX1 said:

Pulyaman said:

@Pulyaman said:

SWORD78 said:

Pulyaman said:

High or low amount, they should fix it. How fast they took action for the mutant treasure island situation. Now since this is there mistake, they r just ignoring it.
    I have no idea how to explain this to you. Read what Miike said in the link above please.
    Sry, i didnt read that πŸ˜….
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm not 100% sure but when we got compensation back in 2020. July, some players got two compensation packages. I think they did nothing about it...🀷
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    FiiNCH said:

I’m late to this thread, but to put it into perspective; going off some of the t5CC offers last month - some players will be earning up to Β£250 of extra resources. Which is outrageous.

That is a lot. Hopefully enough for kabam to take action within the week.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    People discussing locking the limit of tier 10 needs to realize that Kabam has to lock every tier because every tier has valuable rewards depending on the progression level. If they lock only tier 10, people who got more can still play lower tiers which is still not fair. But, they cannot lock all the tiers because it defeats the purpose of the side eq, which is people can decide which is the best tier they can tackle and play that multiple times. Its a tricky little problem. Kabam has to do either,
    1) Find who got more and take them away or
    2) Find who got more and give everyone else the same amount to make it really fair.
    Or simply do nothing and let people forget it once the new content comes. :wink:
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Pulyaman said:

People discussing locking the limit of tier 10 needs to realize that Kabam has to lock every tier because every tier has valuable rewards depending on the progression level. If they lock only tier 10, people who got more can still play lower tiers which is still not fair. But, they cannot lock all the tiers because it defeats the purpose of the side eq, which is people can decide which is the best tier they can tackle and play that multiple times. Its a tricky little problem. Kabam has to do either,
    2) Find who got more and give everyone else the same amount to make it really fair.
    Or simply do nothing and let people forget it once the new content comes. :wink:

The people who can run these upper tiers like myself don't care if people get extras of resources that aren't game breaking. The tier 10 rewards are the only thing that is game breaking so it is totally reasonable to lock it after a certain amount of run throughs
    What about the things others care about? There are thousands of people playing in multiple levels who value different resources. That was my point. Even top tier players want T1 alpha or T4 basics which could be farmed in the side event. This 26% t5cc is no where near game breaking. People are talking about fair rewards.
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

Zan0 said:

Pulyaman said:

The people who can run these upper tiers like myself don't care if people get extras of resources that aren't game breaking. The tier 10 rewards are the only thing that is game breaking so it is totally reasonable to lock it after a certain amount of run throughs
    What about the things others care about? There are thousands of people playing in multiple levels who value different resources. That was my point. Even top tier players want T1 alpha or T4 basics which could be farmed in the side event. This 26% t5cc is no where near game breaking. People are talking about fair rewards.
    Yeah. Those 5* shards in t9 is really valuable for me and i am pretty confident that i can complete it easily.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

But they don't charge through the nose for T1A and T4B.

Additionally, there are a multitude of ways to get T1A and T4B and very few ways to get T5CC. T5CC can only be obtained at the highest levels of content, TB Glory store.

T1A has arena, low level EQ, solo crystals, glory store, lower map AQ
    T4B has arena, low level EQ, daily quest, glory store, TB daily crystals, AQ.

Literally no top tier player is going to farm T1A and give up even one 2% T5CC crystal if they had the option.

• Options
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Lol grounded isnt even thronebreaker after playing this long

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    It matters to the extend that he does not know the value of t5cc. Nothing wrong in not being Thronebreaker but that does not stop him from assessing the value of t5cc
    Well, he is cavalier and he needs T5cc to get throne breaker. That's a huge assumption to make that he does not value T5cc. From what I have seen, he simply bats for the status quo most of the time except the one time with the matchmaking change. But, my point was we were talking about how this can be rectified and will kabam do what it takes or is it that game breaking to warrant kabam taking action. Arguing and targeting anyone is a surefire way to get the thread closed down. (Kingpin rage debuff come to mind).