**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Options
    TevXDTevXD Posts: 18
    I am not a grinder of the arena however when I heard about changes coming to it I was intrigued to see what Kabam has in store to change my mind. Sadly I am still deterred. Nonetheless, this is what I think about the new arena structure.

1) While it is nice to have an official fixed amount of points to obtain the 3 and 4 star variations of the champs, the points needed to get there should not be more than what it once was.

2) The upgrade from PHC shards to Grandmaster shards is nice however, I do believe this particular change should be progression based. That is Cavalier and Thronebreaker players should get Cavalier Shards instead of Grandmaster shards and uncollected remain as is.

3) I ran the featured arena up to the 9 mil mark and I must admit not encountering any death squads is a nice improvement.

4) Like many before me, I also do believe the milestones amount to be a bit too much which neglect to meet the needs of F2P players as well as make running arena even more tasking that it already is for the regular grinders.

5) The present structure and layout for the arena limits the amount of units one can get from each grind which puts the F2P players or anyone who needs to grind casually to get 40 units for a revive to complete a quest at a huge disadvantage. It is also extremely difficult for anyone who does not have a massive roster of max 5 stars and 6 stars r1 to rake in the points quickly for each milestone.

In closing I would like to suggest the following recommendations;

1) Increase the amount points gained for using 5 and 6 star. It does not need to be any large amount but a slight buff would lessen the burden of the grind.

2) An upgrade to the arena boosts would also be helpful. Instead of x1.50 to 3 point boost, why not convert them to x2-5 point boost in addition to making the 5 star boost more common than it already is.

3) 6 star arena boosts should be included in all arena crystals including the common one’s where its only 3-5 stars. The drop rates used for the newly revamped featured cavalier crystals can but used for the drop rates for the 3-6 star boosts.

4) if no changes to the present crystals would be made then make arena crystals (particularly 5 and 6 star boosts) available at ALL milestones and not just a handful. In doing so, players would be able to continue to boost their points as they grind all milestones.

5) Increase the amount of units for each milestone. Based on feedback from a grind who spends most of his time grinding arena than anything else on this game told me on average, he’d get 600 units weekly. Based on the new changes, that has dropped to around 400 because its more points needed for the units and if you do not have an extensive roster, it will be impossible to hit all milestones.

6) Reduce the points needed for each milestone. If this would not be done I suggest to include all milestones levels for the 4 star arena within the present structure. That way players who are uncollected and below would have a slightly easier time grinding the arena with the final reward for their point gap (1.5mil) the 4 star basic champion. For the featured arena, the milestones can also be included however the amount needed for the featured 4 star champ should be reduced to 6mil instead of 9mil.
  • Options
    DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    I remember the day i discovered this game. I had just put my newborn down for a nap. I was exhausted and bored. Maybe even a little depressed. Then.... MCOC came into my life hahaha the thought that I could do a classic style fighting game with my favorite marvel character BLEW MY MIND!! It had all the classics. My first champ was Black Panther, one of my favorites. I owned a graded 9.0 copy of his first appearance and consider the Christopher Priest run one of the greatest comic book series ever written. The game kept growing and evolving. I started making friends in the community which i badly needed, and still do!
    Now we're at a point where every few months i feel personally insulted by an update. I feel like the spirit of Marvel is being neglected by the generally boring champ additions. I feel my time and my loyalty are less valuable than they used to be.
    This is a great example of this.
    I hope you are able to find a solution to this quickly. I hope you continue adding champs like this month of May where they are not only valuable to players functionally but also represent what many people love about this game most: playing with classic marvel characters in a fun, interactive way.
    Please, no more Jabari Panthers and Storm pyramid X. Please use your talents to bring us more characters from the comics and give them kits that matter.
  • Options
    Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    This new feature and basic arena are cool. Yes there are more milestones but you have to think the game is progressing too and has to change with us. Some of y’all might not like the change but it is needed. Now we get both a 3* and 4* in milestones rewards so that is worth some praise because that eliminated two arenas for the featured champ and one for the basic champ. There is more gold and more battle chips so those of us who complained about not having enough gold can’t complain anymore. Yes it took me over 100 fight to get all the milestones in the featured arena but I was able to do it with minimal effort and was able to keep my streak going till I had all milestones.
  • Options
    Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    Also here is my arena score
  • Options
    GinsssssGinsssss Posts: 5
    So after running arena here are my score
    16.5mil in new featured arena
    3mil in new basic arena and
    600k in 4* arena (200+45+63=300units)
    Usually with these much effort
    I should be able to complete all milestones of 3*4*5* featured + 4* basic arena + first 2 milestone of 2* arena (65or70+135+135+135+10) 480units atleast try to fix arena asap best you could do is reduce milestones for 6* both featured and basic arena ( if these issue won't be resolved many player who rely on arena will quit including me )
    I will be leaving this game within 2 week if these issue won't be resolved thx
  • Options
    Yale007Yale007 Posts: 39
    edited May 2021

(and forgive me if I'm mistaken) ✌️

You are mistaken. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Options
    saikatg549saikatg549 Posts: 2
    I am totally disappointed in this new milestones, 33 millions???? Seriously??? I mean it's nice to have 6* arena, but its for those only 500 players who probably are end game players have big roster, but what about us who just want to ger the milestones and shards?? Everything is nice expect the long milestones, hope these milestones are short from next week
  • Options
    Queen2147Queen2147 Posts: 1
    I welcome the fact that the stadiums are revised but they should primarily serve to collect units relatively easily. Before you got 270 units from two stadiums (5* Basic+5* Featured) and now you get only 200 units from one stadium for 16 million. So you have more effort for less units and less crystal fragments/ battle chips.
    The stadium boosters contain mainly components for 3*/4* champs. These should rather be converted for 5*/6* champs.

Many people don't play stadiums because it is very time consuming and monotonous. Maybe there are possibilities to make everything a bit more attractive? revitalizers/healers within the milestones or developer fragments etc.
    There should still be an extra stadium like the 4* Basic, where you can quickly collect a few units with very little time without having to grind for 2 hours at a time.

I would also welcome it if there would be an Alpha 2 stadium. This could be limited to cavaliers / thronebreakers.

I was really looking forward to the update, but I don't think the time spent on fewer units is justified anymore.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Monk1 said:

Finished with 9 hours to spare.. Sunday is a day off from game for me.

thanks Kabam for finally giving me something to use my whole roster on rather than finishing in a day

Now hopefully secure 1.5k 6* shards and be very happy. Go again on Monday

Good for you. But this does not mean everyone is able to do it. Wondering how many hours did it take you to finish it?
    A lot less than you think and people are suggesting. Once out suicides back on (after war season) it will also go much faster
  • Options
    B3y0nderB3y0nder Posts: 7
    New arena are for huge roster players not for everyone, had to grind alot of arena just to complete 1 6star basic arena and now i am losing more then 200units just because I don't have a huge roster. Please humble request either decrease the milestone or increase multiplier so at least who have a decent roster can achieve them.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Finished with 9 hours to spare.. Sunday is a day off from game for me.

thanks Kabam for finally giving me something to use my whole roster on rather than finishing in a day

Now hopefully secure 1.5k 6* shards and be very happy. Go again on Monday

Good for you. But this does not mean everyone is able to do it. Wondering how many hours did it take you to finish it?
    A lot less than you think and people are suggesting. Once out suicides back on (after war season) it will also go much faster
    I bet it was very easy, I mean you have a 2.6 million account rating with a profile full of R3 six stars. Of course it didn’t take you that long. Average players can’t do that.
    Guessing you looked, so you will also see how much arena I do.. far more than most who are moaning on here.

Which is why I have big roster as I’ve always pushed arena for shards/not just units. More champs, less rounds, faster grind.. very simple logic
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Plant said:

Turns out I love the new arenas!!! Because of the effort required and the lack of rewards I didn’t do them yesterday and today and I realized how much of my weekend I was missing out on. If the old ones aren’t back tomorrow I’ll just hang up the game. But really, my wife is soooo happy with me.

I couldn't agree more. I use to look forward to playing them for an hour on Sundays and I am going to skip it today as well. I haven't quested. I sign in collect my monthly rewards and then leave and that's it.
    I am very surprised I am not missing playing. So the new arenas did improve my QOL by not playing the game. Well done Kabam.
    i'm not really following how it is an QuL if you only play an hour in arena in every sundays...
This discussion has been closed.