**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where Would Blade Stand If He Had Better Damage?

BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
As we all know, blade isn’t as big as he used to be. Once being a ruler of the contest, he’s now overshadowed by the likes of Nick fury, Aegon, KP, molegod, stealthy, Shang chi, etc.
But could he make a comeback?
By no means is he in desperate need of a buff, but I do think he’s missing a slight kick in damage.
I mean, look at this utility!
He gains 7% power for each bleed stack
He gains attack on danger sense and the opponent suffers 40% AAR. Not only that, but he BYPASSES AAR immunity.
He can also shrug debuffs 95% faster depending on his power level
But wait, there’s more!
With his sig, he can regen if you hold block at the cost of some spare power
So, with all that, he’s packing some nice and unique uses. And yet, he’s beaten by champs like KP and Molegod. Why? Well, they obviously have different uses, but I think blade lacks damage in comparison. I’m not saying he could compete with NF or Aegon, but I’m quite sure he could easily be in the top ten for skill champs if he had better numbers. So, am I just an idiot who completely missed the mark, or could he actually make a comeback with better numbers?
I am NOT saying he isn’t used, but I do think he’s fallen off a bit

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    He'll probably get a numbers tune up at some point way down the line... And some better synergies. Either or both would give him a nice boost in the meta.

But, he's still better than fine. He is just more more of a utility than damage champ now. Kabam made him less useful by replacing the villain tag Thanos Army and Mercenaries. We haven't seen any dimensionsonal beings in a long time either so he hasn't had anyone to shine against to make him stand out amongst several newly buffed skill champs.

His damage isn't the best and especially not on bleed immune champs. However his sp2 and crit rate can often over compensate, and if they can bleed and maxed deep wounds his power build up is very nice to recycle SP2s for damage, or regen, or reduce DoT. His regen is one of the most accessible and potent in the game. He's still quite useful, just not the hard hitter he used to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

More (or even more) controversially, I'd give him a 100% debug shrug (or just debuff immune) while Danger Sense is active. Power-based debuff mitigation is too outdated in any environment where debuffs from nodes and effects can delete a 5r5 in seconds.

I mean, I kinda get the debuff immunity, but I personally think degen immunity doesn’t make sense. (with the exception of S-Ham and Mr.N) And it could be very OP combined with his other abilities
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

More (or even more) controversially, I'd give him a 100% debug shrug (or just debuff immune) while Danger Sense is active. Power-based debuff mitigation is too outdated in any environment where debuffs from nodes and effects can delete a 5r5 in seconds.

I mean, I kinda get the debuff immunity, but I personally think degen immunity doesn’t make sense. (with the exception of S-Ham and Mr.N) And it could be very OP combined with his other abilities
    Angela, KP, MM (kinda), etc. -- degen isn't the end-all, be-all anymore. Skill is shaping up the be the "shrug" class, so it would fit. That's why I mentioned 100% debuff... Er.. debug shrug first.

It still wouldn't affect passive damage/debuffs, just active debuffs, which is already done other champs that don't really require special circumstances.

I could definitely see the combination of all the improvements, bottom ones included, being 'OP'. That said, I'd still probably play NF, Shang, KP, and MM over that Blade.
  • Options

BuffBeast said:

Angela, KP, MM (kinda), etc. -- degen isn't the end-all, be-all anymore. Skill is shaping up the be the "shrug" class, so it would fit. That's why I mentioned 100% debuff... Er.. debug shrug first.

It still wouldn't affect passive damage/debuffs, just active debuffs, which is already done other champs that don't really require special circumstances.

I could definitely see the combination of all the improvements, bottom ones included, being 'OP'. That said, I'd still probably play NF, Shang, KP, and MM over that Blade.
    I think if that blade became reality he could either be top 5 or end up like namor, i.e he’s used as a niche champ

I think a lot of this really all depends on whether or not they have a release him as a six star. I imagine quite a few people would still take a six star blade as is without issue.

I mean, I’d take him, but I wouldn’t use him honestly. He can’t even be ranked for prestige
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I've never found a 5* Blade (is he available as a 6*?), so I can't speak from any personal experience. However, I think that his whole trinity could use a bit of a tune-up. I would personally love to see OG Ghost Rider get a slight buff because he has some nice synergies with Cosmic Ghost Rider and Claire Voyant. Making him a more valuable champion to bring with you would benefit Blade as well, since he also benefits so much from GR being on the team.

That's not to say that you couldn't buff Blade as well, but as I said, I don't have him so I can't speak about what works and what doesn't work with him, or what could be tuned up to make him a more 2021-worthy champion.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    R4 Blade cleared so much content for me back in the day (Act 5 and monthly stuff). Then I took him to R5 and he was on my war team always and still cleared difficult content for me. For the last 12-18 months I really haven’t used him, tbh. Like was pointed out, to really benefit him you have to take GR with him, and GR is such a noodle in today’s meta that it just isn’t worth bringing him along. Even the Cav skill bonuses don’t help him.

I don’t think a numbers tune up will change his usage much.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Blade doesnt need a buff, he just needs to be added to 6*.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Give blade a hero danger sense synergy
  • Options
    Rasilover said:

Wouldn’t mind it tbh. Make it CGR too lmao
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Ok I know the game has changed from one counter beats all but honestly I feel like Red Mags is already the “Blade” of the current meta.
  • Options

Ok I know the game has changed from one counter beats all but honestly I feel like Red Mags is already the “Blade” of the current meta.

I’d say he’s closer to DM than to red mags
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Blade is still amazing and his damage is great
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Rasilover said:

Wouldn’t mind it tbh. Make it CGR too lmao
    Rasilover said:

With Crossbones.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    He is my 12th 5/65. And I really like this kit. In my opinion he lacks the utility in comparison to other skill champs. True strike is one of them. Also his damage is still very good but for villains he need to have GR who himself lacks damage potential. That's extra space hurts team balance if you in Act 6 or 7 for some annoying paths. And champs like stealthy,KP do better things in terms of utility
    Tho blade's Sig ability is one of the best in game till date. If there's isn't like poison or anti heal type node he's is nearly immortal if he can gain power. High Sig blade is pure best regen champ
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

I think a lot of this really all depends on whether or not they have a release him as a six star. I imagine quite a few people would still take a six star blade as is without issue.

TBH he might not be released as 6 star ever. Idk how many will agree and many will disagree here but he will dominate many end game bosses better than majority. Just think Sig 40( for some regen) r3 6star blade with danger sense on. Combine with Starky. His damage will be off charts. His AAR is solid in itself. I believe he is best counter till this date for Magik and dorm. If those were the act 7.2 bosses many would have struggled. Same goes with Hyperion and starky. Keep utilities aside their damage will be better than Ghost and others thi CGR With proper rotation can out shine then but still it will be close call
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I do think he needs a buff. There are few things that he needs to become competitive in current meta.

For starters, I would remove the need for GR. His danger sense against villains should be part of his base kit. It should bypass AAR immunity of villains.

His AAR could use a slight bump to make him competitive with other skill champions, between 50% and 60%. With Stark Spidey, that would be between 70% and 84%.

While danger sense is active, if the opponent is bleed immune, it should become a degen debuff with slight less potency but same duration. Expand his power gain to degen debuffs.

As suggested, while danger sense is active, his reduction in duration of debuffs should be increased. I suggest that the base value should be as if he has two bars of power.

His new synergy with GR and CGR makes his danger sense give passively Enhanced True Strike, ignoring evade, auto-block, miss, armor, energy and physical resistance and critical hit and critical damage resistance.
  • Options

I do think he needs a buff. There are few things that he needs to become competitive in current meta.

For starters, I would remove the need for GR. His danger sense against villains should be part of his base kit. It should bypass AAR immunity of villains.

His AAR could use a slight bump to make him competitive with other skill champions, between 50% and 60%. With Stark Spidey, that would be between 70% and 84%.

While danger sense is active, if the opponent is bleed immune, it should become a degen debuff with slight less potency but same duration. Expand his power gain to degen debuffs.

As suggested, while danger sense is active, his reduction in duration of debuffs should be increased. I suggest that the base value should be as if he has two bars of power.

His new synergy with GR and CGR makes his danger sense give passively Enhanced True Strike, ignoring evade, auto-block, miss, armor, energy and physical resistance and critical hit and critical damage resistance.

I think this would probably be the best way to go about it. I must say though, it’s surprising how much 50% AAR can already do.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I’d imagine he’d stand on the ground like he always has
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

TBH he might not be released as 6 star ever. Idk how many will agree and many will disagree here but he will dominate many end game bosses better than majority. Just think Sig 40( for some regen) r3 6star blade with danger sense on. Combine with Starky. His damage will be off charts. His AAR is solid in itself. I believe he is best counter till this date for Magik and dorm. If those were the act 7.2 bosses many would have struggled. Same goes with Hyperion and starky. Keep utilities aside their damage will be better than Ghost and others thi CGR With proper rotation can out shine then but still it will be close call
    No way Blade outdamages CGR, Ghost,etc. as 5* so I don't see why he'll do the same as a 6*.

His AAR is unreliable, and comparitively worthless since there's Falcon in the same class with more up to date damage and 100% DAAR. No way Hype outdamages Ghost either unless you get exception rng with like 15 furies in 3 heavies and back to back sp2 stuns or something.

Edit: Plus, we already have champs like Wolverine and 5* Blade with crazy regen so I'd expect 6* Blade to be used more, but not by much than these champs.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

I think this would probably be the best way to go about it. I must say though, it’s surprising how much 50% AAR can already do.
    It's unreliable and outclassed. Magneto has 70% AAR. Crossbones only need 4 to 5 furies for 100% DAAR. Falcon has 100% DAAR while hitting with lock on. 45% is laughable compared to those guys.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    It's ok for Blade not to be the absolute top dog, he doesn't need a buff.

The point of the buffs is to make champions usable, Howard is usable, Pun 2099 is usable, Gambit is usable, and I still take Blade over all of them.

He also has utility:
    Gaining power from bleeds on the opponent (Example: Counters polka dot power)
    Decreased debuff duration (based on power level)
    Controllable regen (Example: counters Gimme)
    Danger Sense w/synergies

Blades biggest issue is not being available as a 6*, If we only compare 5/65 5* Blade to other 5* champions, I don't think nearly as many would be asking for a buff.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

If Blade had been released in 2020 or later, he’d look a lot more like Red Mags does now, I bet. They’re already very similar.

Sig grants huge sustainability
    In favored matchups (and current blade needs synergy for maximum effect), they place a huge AAR on the opponent.
    Big bleed damage (New Blade would likely have an interaction with bleed immune enemies who trigger his danger sense like Dormammu)

I think the only things Blade has that Mags doesn’t have a direct analog for is his power gain against bleeding opponents and his ability to shorten debuff duration. But Mags has 90% shock and bleed resistance, so that’s kinda similar to the debuff shrugging.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Only better damage will do little to nothing to his place in the game. He is already cool enough. If he gets tuned up with some more features he might be able to come up the ladder.
  • Options
    Blade ius still my staple in map6. He doesnt require a buff, he is still a legit beast. I would absolutely love him as a 6*. He isnt flashy but ALL his previous utility still stands.
  • Options
    SuperGAMER3000SuperGAMER3000 Posts: 10
    Blade is a bad character he has bad damage and he loses power when you block which is bad