**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Well, you can get Scarlet Witch (Sigil) soon

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

it's not like kabam were going bankrupt without releasing her for money only. no one has problem with offers but they specifically say that there will be no other way to get her for the next 6 months meaning ftp don't have any way at all to get her.
    And so they shouldnt. The people that contribtute to the running and maintainig of the game should have the option to get her first as a benefit of spending their money. If you dont want to contribute in the same way others do you shouldnt expect the same benefits. Pretty simple to me
    ftp players also contribute to the game. we make up most of the game's population. it doesn't matter if a spenders got a champion first before ftp because eventually (in a good amount of time, not something like years or something), everyone would have the chance to get that champion for free. ftp now don't have that chance.
    And out of curiosity what financial contribution do f2p players make to the game?
    ftp players are the ones who make up most the playerbase. they help keep the game interesting and competitive given the multiplayer aspects of it. they also spread awareness of the game and in a way, are low-key advertising for kabam. they are also the ones mainly behind the ratings, reviews and other such stats which encourage spenders to download the game. The game also helps promote marvel property such as comics, movies, series, etc. and so it's directly a promotion for everyone in the game helping marvel themselves boost sales.

ftp help a lot in small and indirect ways
    How do f2p players keep the game intresting exactly? And as far as im aware the guys that create awareness generally for the game are the content creators on youtube etc 99% of which spend money. In fact most of them create content based on them spending said money and sharing the results. The people that play the game i would say for the most part are Marvel fans, hemce them downloading the in first place. Im sure it would be VERY rare for somebody to play this game BEFORE ever reading a comic or watching a Marvel movie and this being the catalyst for them to do so. But lets be real, im sure there is an element of f2p players telling freinds etc about the game but that only actually benefits the game if those referrals spend money. My issue is eveytime there is something offered in the game that f2p players cant get immediatley i hear nothing but whining. Its like people that rent a movie at home to watch when it first comes out and everybody else kicking off because they have to wait until a tv station picks it up 12 months down the line and shows it for free. Absolute nonesense

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Imagine that, a company that needs revenue to operate, try's to encourage people to spend money on the game that will allow them to further develop the game and keep it running. And also comment and say that is how you will be able to get the character in other ways after the initial first 6 months :o ! Seriously guys without offers like this to entice people to spend on the game how the hell do we expect it to keep running.

it's not like kabam were going bankrupt without releasing her for money only. no one has problem with offers but they specifically say that there will be no other way to get her for the next 6 months meaning ftp don't have any way at all to get her.
    And so they shouldnt. The people that contribtute to the running and maintainig of the game should have the option to get her first as a benefit of spending their money. If you dont want to contribute in the same way others do you shouldnt expect the same benefits. Pretty simple to me
    ftp players also contribute to the game. we make up most of the game's population. it doesn't matter if a spenders got a champion first before ftp because eventually (in a good amount of time, not something like years or something), everyone would have the chance to get that champion for free. ftp now don't have that chance.
    And out of curiosity what financial contribution do f2p players make to the game?
    ftp players are the ones who make up most the playerbase. they help keep the game interesting and competitive given the multiplayer aspects of it. they also spread awareness of the game and in a way, are low-key advertising for kabam. they are also the ones mainly behind the ratings, reviews and other such stats which encourage spenders to download the game. The game also helps promote marvel property such as comics, movies, series, etc. and so it's directly a promotion for everyone in the game helping marvel themselves boost sales.

How do f2p players keep the game intresting exactly? And as far as im aware the guys that create awareness generally for the game are the content creators on youtube etc 99% of which spend money. In fact most of them create content based on them spending said money and sharing the results. The people that play the game i would say for the most part are Marvel fans, hemce them downloading the in first place. Im sure it would be VERY rare for somebody to play this game BEFORE ever reading a comic or watching a Marvel movie and this being the catalyst for them to do so. But lets be real, im sure there is an element of f2p players telling freinds etc about the game but that only actually benefits the game if those referrals spend money. My issue is eveytime there is something offered in the game that f2p players cant get immediatley i hear nothing but whining. Its like people that rent a movie at home to watch when it first comes out and everybody else kicking off because they have to wait until a tv station picks it up 12 months down the line and shows it for free. Absolute nonesense

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

Most ftp don't whine about anything like the earl-access bundles or smth. But when Kabam comes out with rubbish moves like the arena changes and this, they have a reason to.
    Most ftp cry about EVERYTHING
    It's actually a biased sample. Many ftp come here to complain if they feel strongly enough about something. But those that don't care will not come to complain, thereby biasing the sample of ftp people to the complaint side of the board.

Or you could be suffering from confirmation bias. Alternatively, there's a small chance you could be right, but it would surprise me if most ftp do in fact cry about everything.

P.s. I'm a literalist, sorry
    True this - its an echo chamber in here with a toxic atmosphere at times, mostly in general chat. You aren't allowed to have opinions because of the fear of the dislike button. However, if that made the pointless numbers next to your username work similar to reddit the content posted might be more constructive - especially if those in negatives had timeouts.

This month we reach the 200th playable champ and there is outrage that just 1% of those isn't free.
  • ...I may pay for it
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Texas_11 said:

F2P players are important to the game and are the biggest customer technically. They don’t pay the bills per se , but you really shouldn’t look at it from what they spend, but how one referral can turn into 2-3 etc.

I don’t think this hurts hurts the game for F2P, maybe just a jealousy streak

A "customer" is someone that spends money isnt it? If i run a bar and someone came into it and NEVER spent a penny but kept drinking my water are they a customer?
    Why are you giving people water for free?
    Well cuz im a nice guy obvuilsy. But i thought the clue for customer was in the word.......custom? So in actual fact f2p arent their biggest "customer" becasue they offer no custom
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Texas_11 said:

F2P players are important to the game and are the biggest customer technically. They don’t pay the bills per se , but you really shouldn’t look at it from what they spend, but how one referral can turn into 2-3 etc.

A "customer" is someone that spends money isnt it? If i run a bar and someone came into it and NEVER spent a penny but kept drinking my water are they a customer?
    Because water is free in most restaurants.
    Cop123 said:

Ok maybe I exagerrated too much. Sorry guys.

it's just that Sigil Witch was introduced in December, Wandavision released in late Jan and it's now June. I and many other ftp were waiting eagerly for her release because she seems to be a fun champ. now we learn that for the next 6 months at the very least, she won't be available in any other manner. i'm sad about that and probably need some time to cool off.

Im glad youve seen the error of your ways my man. Remember even the people that were prepared to pay have had to wait since december as well so theyve had to wait until now also
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

Texas_11 said:

Well cuz im a nice guy obvuilsy. But i thought the clue for customer was in the word.......custom? So in actual fact f2p arent their biggest "customer" becasue they offer no custom
    FTP players spend time, and sometimes a ridiculously large amount, to earn the same as payers do. The amount of time some players spend only increases statistics and what investors want to see when it comes to engagement from playerbase. Never think that customers have to be people that spend money
  • Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

Cop123 said:

it's just that Sigil Witch was introduced in December, Wandavision released in late Jan and it's now June. I and many other ftp were waiting eagerly for her release because she seems to be a fun champ. now we learn that for the next 6 months at the very least, she won't be available in any other manner. i'm sad about that and probably need some time to cool off.

Im glad youve seen the error of your ways my man. Remember even the people that were prepared to pay have had to wait since december as well so theyve had to wait until now also
    I'm sorry if I came off as condescending

Raichu626 said:

Texas_11 said:

Because water is free in most restaurants.
    But im fairly sure no resturant would allow someone to constantly come in and take their water for free forever. Which is in essence what KABAM is doing hoping these people turn into paying customers. You could play this game forever for free. Its like the same person saying im sat here with this water but that guy over there has a bottle of champagne and i should be able to have that as well. But the guy drinking the champagne has PAID money for it so he gets something diffirent

Raichu626 said:

Texas_11 said:

FTP players spend time, and sometimes a ridiculously large amount, to earn the same as payers do. The amount of time some players spend only increases statistics and what investors want to see when it comes to engagement from playerbase. Never think that customers have to be people that spend money
    Im farily certain they would rather see revenue into the business than offer something everybody is happy with but is only sustainable for a very short period of time because they cant afford to maintain it. Or do these guys that develop the game pay their bills with thankyous?
    edited May 2021
    Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

I'm sorry if I came off as condescending
    Dont worry its all good. Just frustrating when people (not just you) feel entitled to something when they arent. Just need to think about it from all angles i think
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Raichu626 said:

ItsDamien said:

Y'all way over assume too much. You did this with 6* R4 resources during spring cleaning. Paywall this, paywall that. Then they were in 7.2.

This very well could be the first step in her release. We just don't know thier plans. But for anyone who didn't make the connection of her in game name to the Sigil, that's on you.

Even still, you have just 2 champs out of like 250 or how ever many there are now that can get through money. Big deal.

No way she is gonna be available apart from Summoner Sigil my g

Someone didn't look at the in game mail yet
    "Rare opportunities" sounds an awful lot like a combination of money, units and/or absurd luck.
    Let me introduce you to Platpool....
    I'll do you one better: it sounds like almost everyone else as well. When new champions are added to the basic pools, like when new 6* champs are moved from the featured pool to the basic crystal pool, we're adding a rare opportunity to get that champ. Most ways to target a specific champion are rare opportunities, because the game doesn't ordinarily allow specific champion targeting in normal gameplay.

Switch will probably be more like Platpool, but if anything it is in many ways easier to target Platpool than, say, Doom in the basic crystals.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I can tell you this: Be bloody grateful that there are only 2 (TWO) champions that you have to pay to get.

Future Fight adds a new paywall character, or an in-game premium-currency walled character almost EVERY UPDATE.

Kitty Pryde, Abomination, Jubilee, Namor, Magik, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Doctor Doom, Stryfe, Iceman, Sabretooth, Mystique, Agent Venom... all behind walls of either cold-hard-cash or crystals that you need several thousand of to get them and that you get at a pathetic trickle unless you, guess what, buy them.

Plus, take a look at the tier lists that creators make. A lot of the pay to get champions are near or at the top

I can tell you this: Be bloody grateful that there are only 2 (TWO) champions that you have to pay to get.

Future Fight adds a new paywall character, or an in-game premium-currency walled character almost EVERY UPDATE.

Kitty Pryde, Abomination, Jubilee, Namor, Magik, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Doctor Doom, Stryfe, Iceman, Sabretooth, Mystique, Agent Venom... all behind walls of either cold-hard-cash or crystals that you need several thousand of to get them and that you get at a pathetic trickle unless you, guess what, buy them.

Every new uniform is also only available with crystals. They did allow for some to be bought with gold but none of the newest ones. They also limit the available champs you can get from biometrics as well.

It's been MFF's biggest complaint since the beginning.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    As per usual. Am I surprised? Nope.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Every new uniform is also only available with crystals. They did allow for some to be bought with gold but none of the newest ones. They also limit the available champs you can get from biometrics as well.

it's got to be the greediest game I've played. Which, when combined with stale, repetitive content, was why I gave up after 2 years. I got fed up.

it's got to be the greediest game I've played. Which, when combined with stale, repetitive content, was why I gave up after 2 years. I got fed up.
    I agree. I like the gameplay/graphics but it's nearly impossible to get anywhere without paying to advance. Epic quests are a great example of that. They do give a lot of stuff for free but none of it really has an impact on your progression.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Mff actually is really good rn. They’ve gotten way less greedy recently. I’d say it’s worth coming back to tbh
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'll wait the 6 months to however long it will take to introduce her into the game for free.

From what I remembered, she didn't exactly have a game-changing kit. No point in wasting money for a champ who will inevitably just be benched other than the 1-2 times I'll use her for novelty purposes.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I am okay with waiting 6 months+ for her. As for summonners sigil, I don't give a damn. Will never buy it and one champ isn't a reason to convince me. I'm not gonna cry for one p2w champ