**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Okay then. Let me be as frank as I can.
    Let someone else have a chance. They need it more. They're not sitting on a buttload of 6*s. They're barely getting one a month.

Clear enough?

Oh you mean like all of us did when we started? So you're basically saying we all had to work hard for the champs we got but let's make things easier for the newer, or newer than some of us, players.
    That's exactly what happens when the game evolves. I remember waiting a year to get a 5*. That's not the same game we're playing now.
    Classic deflection... Their point was we all managed to progress just fine. Without handicapping other players to do it. How bout instead of trying to bring other players down, they just play the game actively and diligently...gain rewards that way? Crazy concept, I know.. There's like this impatient Veruca Salt thing happening lately. "More more..now now". Nothing is ever fast or good enough. "Well, why can't I have the same rewards as someone who's been playing for 5 years?? I want!"
    - someone playing for 5 months
    Thank you, that was exactly my point. Think of it like this. A person, let's call the Tom, who has worked a job for years is suddenly told by his company that due to all his experience and the many years on the job that they are rewarding him by cutting his hourly pay. They tell him that he is allowed to work more hours so that he can still try to make the same amount weekly though it's doubtful he will be able to. They also tell Tom the reason they are doing this is that they hired someone that will be doing the same job that has very little experience and while the new hire will start at slightly less pay(due to fewer champs...I mean fewer years experience) they wanted to make sure the new hire could advance in the company more quickly than Tom did.

I know this happens a lot in the real world but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it right in this game either. People that have put in the time and effort to not only build their rosters but to have just played the game for years shouldn't be penalized just so that less experienced players or players that have played as long but not put in as much effort have a easier time. I'm by no means a top tier player, and I'm fine with that. There will always be someone that put in a little more effort and advanced more quickly. That was their choice. I sure don't sit around and think "I wish kabam would make it easier for me to get to their level". I get rewarded for my time and effort the same way they did and that's how it should be. You want the rewards, you put in the effort just like everyone before you did.
    Great way to put it across - this is exactly what has happened and people seem to think it is ok.

On top of this they also moved the bulk of milestones to the trials arena.. again all changes been done to favour newer players.
    While reducing the points for 6 stars may affect the veteran arena grinders, moving units/milestones was a very correct move. It was unfair in the last change that they did. Originally, 2, 3 and 4 star arenas gave 265 units combines. They have now combined all the arenas and gave the exact same units. I don't understand why you think that moving milestone benefits only newer players. As a "veteran", you should have more 4 stars maxed than them. Getting those milestones should be easy.
    I have no issue with milestones moving to appease people and make it fairer.

To me that would of been enough, which is why feel nerfing people rosters is a step too far
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Let someone else have a chance. They need it more. They're not sitting on a buttload of 6*s. They're barely getting one a month.

Clear enough?

Oh you mean like all of us did when we started? So you're basically saying we all had to work hard for the champs we got but let's make things easier for the newer, or newer than some of us, players.
    That's exactly what happens when the game evolves. I remember waiting a year to get a 5*. That's not the same game we're playing now.
    Classic deflection... Their point was we all managed to progress just fine. Without handicapping other players to do it. How bout instead of trying to bring other players down, they just play the game actively and diligently...gain rewards that way? Crazy concept, I know.. There's like this impatient Veruca Salt thing happening lately. "More more..now now". Nothing is ever fast or good enough. "Well, why can't I have the same rewards as someone who's been playing for 5 years?? I want!"
    Thank you, that was exactly my point. Think of it like this. A person, let's call the Tom, who has worked a job for years is suddenly told by his company that due to all his experience and the many years on the job that they are rewarding him by cutting his hourly pay. They tell him that he is allowed to work more hours so that he can still try to make the same amount weekly though it's doubtful he will be able to. They also tell Tom the reason they are doing this is that they hired someone that will be doing the same job that has very little experience and while the new hire will start at slightly less pay(due to fewer champs...I mean fewer years experience) they wanted to make sure the new hire could advance in the company more quickly than Tom did.

I know this happens a lot in the real world but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it right in this game either. People that have put in the time and effort to not only build their rosters but to have just played the game for years shouldn't be penalized just so that less experienced players or players that have played as long but not put in as much effort have a easier time. I'm by no means a top tier player, and I'm fine with that. There will always be someone that put in a little more effort and advanced more quickly. That was their choice. I sure don't sit around and think "I wish kabam would make it easier for me to get to their level". I get rewarded for my time and effort the same way they did and that's how it should be. You want the rewards, you put in the effort just like everyone before you did.
    Great way to put it across - this is exactly what has happened and people seem to think it is ok.

On top of this they also moved the bulk of milestones to the trials arena.. again all changes been done to favour newer players.
    While reducing the points for 6 stars may affect the veteran arena grinders, moving units/milestones was a very correct move. It was unfair in the last change that they did. Originally, 2, 3 and 4 star arenas gave 265 units combines. They have now combined all the arenas and gave the exact same units. I don't understand why you think that moving milestone benefits only newer players. As a "veteran", you should have more 4 stars maxed than them. Getting those milestones should be easy.

To me that would of been enough, which is why feel nerfing people rosters is a step too far
    I am not sure which players you are talking about. The changes in 6 star basic don't actually benefit new players, it does benefit mid tier players with a good number of 5 stars and some 30 to 50 6 stars. They are in a wierd place where they cannot complete in both the basic and featured arenas if 6 stars scored the same points as 5 stars.
    The classic case of the rich getting richer is kt1. He did the arena during the weekend and got the 6 star and is doing the other arena now and going for the other 6 star. This was happening every time. Not to mention mercs and bot accounts. If only 5 stars and 6 star scored the same points, people with a large 5 star roster will be competitive in the basic arena. People with large 6 star rosters can still focus their attention in the featured arena on one round and basic arena the next round.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

I am not sure which players you are talking about. The changes in 6 star basic don't actually benefit new players, it does benefit mid tier players with a good number of 5 stars and some 30 to 50 6 stars. They are in a wierd place where they cannot complete in both the basic and featured arenas if 6 stars scored the same points as 5 stars.
    The classic case of the rich getting richer is kt1. He did the arena during the weekend and got the 6 star and is doing the other arena now and going for the other 6 star. This was happening every time. Not to mention mercs and bot accounts. If only 5 stars and 6 star scored the same points, people with a large 5 star roster will be competitive in the basic arena. People with large 6 star rosters can still focus their attention in the featured arena on one round and basic arena the next round.
    You think the same won’t happen still with 5* champs doing the leg work. If people really want both they will pay/grind for them

As keep saying this changes hurts those who want to focus on specific basic and maximise the chances that should be allowed based on having the roster.

Feels like broken debate now, as any changes that reward player who have developed their account are immediately dismissed. Back to good old act 6 nerf as people without counters complain it is too hard and now we are left with easy story content
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

You think the same won’t happen still with 5* champs doing the leg work. If people really want both they will pay/grind for them

As keep saying this changes hurts those who want to focus on specific basic and maximise the chances that should be allowed based on having the roster.

Feels like broken debate now, as any changes that reward player who have developed their account are immediately dismissed. Back to good old act 6 nerf as people without counters complain it is too hard and now we are left with easy story content
    That’s my conc for the game if there keep back down one there plane there won’t be a game left in my eys I’m love the game but hard to love when oh to hard nerft it doesn’t make everyone happy.
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

Oh, I got your point. But a 5 star roster competing with a 5 star roster is different from competing with a 6 star one. The intention I feel is to make people use 5 stars in basic and 6 stars in featured. Players with a bigger roster are still going to get more points. But people with 5 stars can match with them now.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

Oh, I got your point. But a 5 star roster competing with a 5 star roster is different from competing with a 6 star one. The intention I feel is to make people use 5 stars in basic and 6 stars in featured. Players with a bigger roster are still going to get more points. But people with 5 stars can match with them now.
    Right, we are familiar with he concept. This is truly becoming a circular discussion. As we've said, here is the problem with what's happening. Folks like GW try to say that veteran players just want to claim the right to "dominate the basic". False, we just want to play arena under the same scoring rules that have been in existence through out the history of the entire arena system. Rarity and rank have always mattered. We just don't want to be told that in order to participate, we'll just need to accept a huge handicap to our rosters. After spending years to build them. I know it sound ridiculous how many times I repeat it, but... People seem to think we just tapped on a button when we downloaded the game... "To have a veteran roster, click here!" Lol no, we have already gone through all the same steps that anyone has to go through to get here. And we progressed in arena without handicapping others. We worked hard and patiently waited our turn to be able to compete in higher arenas.

When it reality, it seems more like it's progressing players actually are the ones who want to claim something. They want to claim the right to earn fully formed 6 star champs (of their choice) well before their progression (time investment in game) would have made it possible. By gladly accepting that in order to allow them to bypass the effort and patience historically required to advance in the arena system... veteran players (who have already faithfully gone through the process that they want to skip) will have their progression reversed in order to make it happen.

Guys, the Basic arena (whatever it's final form) isn't going anywhere. It's a permanent arena. Just because someone hasn't been playing long enough to have the roster to compete for a fully formed 6 star over a 3 day period doesn't mean they won't later. It's like no one is patient enough to go through the steps to get there. The arena comes out today...they feel they deserve to earn the top prize today. It's not how the game works. πŸ˜…

In my opinion, the real reason Kabam has proposed this scoring system is because they are being tight fisted with the 135 units or whatever it is. They don't want them to be farmed "too quickly" by 6 stars. Why it's so important to them that the speed at which these units be farmed is so closely guarded is beyond me. If in fact, Kabam also wanted to give an opportunity for players to punch above their weight in the Basic arena, at the expense of others. Now is the time for them to go ahead and comment.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

Right, we are familiar with he concept. This is truly becoming a circular discussion. As we've said, here is the problem with what's happening. Folks like GW try to say that veteran players just want to claim the right to "dominate the basic". False, we just want to play arena under the same scoring rules that have been in existence through out the history of the entire arena system. Rarity and rank have always mattered. We just don't want to be told that in order to participate, we'll just need to accept a huge handicap to our rosters. After spending years to build them. I know it sound ridiculous how many times I repeat it, but... People seem to think we just tapped on a button when we downloaded the game... "To have a veteran roster, click here!" Lol no, we have already gone through all the same steps that anyone has to go through to get here. And we progressed in arena without handicapping others. We worked hard and patiently waited our turn to be able to compete in higher arenas.

When it reality, it seems more like it's progressing players actually are the ones who want to claim something. They want to claim the right to earn fully formed 6 star champs (of their choice) well before their progression (time investment in game) would have made it possible. By gladly accepting that in order to allow them to bypass the effort and patience historically required to advance in the arena system... veteran players (who have already faithfully gone through the process that they want to skip) will have their progression reversed in order to make it happen.

Guys, the Basic arena (whatever it's final form) isn't going anywhere. It's a permanent arena. Just because someone hasn't been playing long enough to have the roster to compete for a fully formed 6 star over a 3 day period doesn't mean they won't later. It's like no one is patient enough to go through the steps to get there. The arena comes out today...they feel they deserve to earn the top prize today. It's not how the game works. πŸ˜…

In my opinion, the real reason Kabam has proposed this scoring system is because they are being tight fisted with the 135 units or whatever it is. They don't want them to be farmed "too quickly" by 6 stars. Why it's so important to them that the speed at which these units be farmed is so closely guarded is beyond me. If in fact, Kabam also wanted to give an opportunity for players to punch above their weight in the Basic arena, at the expense of others. Now is the time for them to go ahead and comment.
    You are saying we as if I am not included. I would love to use my 6 stars to get the 5 stars that I don't have in my roster. I was just finishing my arena run schedule when this change happened. Now I know I won't have the time to get either of the 5 stars. But, it is what it is. I will try to get the rank rewards.

I am trying to explain the logic here. If this was the first change and not the second, would you be this outraged? I don't think so. It's just kabam showed a taste of what is possible and tool it away.

I also think they want the highest end players to run the featured. The fact that you want to run the basic is odd from a mid range player pov.
  • Options
    The reason this feels circular is because it is. You guys think that because you played longer, you have earned the right to get more points using 6 stars and thereby get the rank rewards easily over someone who has played half the time as you. The problem is kabam have decided to give progressing players a chance to do the same. The fact that it has always worked like this is irrelavent. Kabam make the rules and can change them whenever they want. I don't like it too, but it is how it is.
  • Options

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

Its only in the basic arena. These changes are great
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    So why allow 6*'s in there at all? I mean using 4*'s and potentially coming up against r3 6*'s does not sound like fun....
    The only reason I can think if is it would be odd to have no 6 stars allowed in an arena giving 6 star as rank reward.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

@Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    So why allow 6*'s in there at all? I mean using 4*'s and potentially coming up against r3 6*'s does not sound like fun....
    The only reason I can think if is it would be odd to have no 6 stars allowed in an arena giving 6 star as rank reward.
    Exactly. They have created a ridiculous situation of there own doing. And all to give people access to 135 units. Complete madness.

And the very point people even consider using 4* in there shows the difference in roster sizes that they are trying to accommodate.
  • Options
    Levvyzz_OPLevvyzz_OP Posts: 14 β˜…
    edited June 2021
    Forums about arena are actually getting more action then arena lately ;)

I don't think this one will fly either.

In the previous thread I have a fair way of having 5 arenas, but only 3 are visible to any given player based on tier (similar to tier calculation for incursions). Each player is competing in what is relevant to them and their account. This also fixes the unit problem by distributing enough so that any 3 will always have same amount.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

Exactly. They have created a ridiculous situation of there own doing. And all to give people access to 135 units. Complete madness.

And the very point people even consider using 4* in there shows the difference in roster sizes that they are trying to accommodate.
    The Units are not the only reason people below the top are Grinding. I don't know why people keep reducing the issue to that. Players need an Arena they can progress in and grow into. That's not going to happen unless at least one of them is scaled properly for that. Hence the Basic.
    The sky is not falling just because the people who have the most can't scoop up everything else they want with all the 6*s they have. They're free to do that in the Featured.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

Ridiculous situation is due to Kabam being stingy a about the units. Most of the players who complained about the arenas first round would have been fine with just reducing the milestones or keeping the units in the initial ones.
    Gmonkey said:

With new aw announcement expect to see r4 in arenas this year. You will see the top prestige so lots of doom.

It would have happened either way. Whether they changed the 6* Basic or not.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

able21 said:

Clear enough?

You are saying we as if I am not included. I would love to use my 6 stars to get the 5 stars that I don't have in my roster. I was just finishing my arena run schedule when this change happened. Now I know I won't have the time to get either of the 5 stars. But, it is what it is. I will try to get the rank rewards.

I am trying to explain the logic here. If this was the first change and not the second, would you be this outraged? I don't think so. It's just kabam showed a taste of what is possible and tool it away.

I also think they want the highest end players to run the featured. The fact that you want to run the basic is odd from a mid range player pov.
    Sorry mate, if my.. rant, of sorts seemed targeted at you. You're right. Think I've just been arguing in this thread for too long and it's beginning to show. πŸ˜… And it actually wasn't my intention that you were excluded from we. I actually don't really know what kind of roster you have or what your intentions were regarding the new arena system. So apologies if you also feel negatively affected by this as well.

As far as my desire to do the Basic, as someone with approximately 90 6 stars (just to give a more accurate description than just "veteran player"). I personally don't think it's odd. Only time will tell how many others shared my same excitement at the announcement of a 6* Basic, who now also feel they're being pushed out of it/it's not made "for them". I still think others will come forward when they learn about this/the change goes through. Aside from those of us who already have in this thread. But who knows, guess we'll see.

Umm, would I be as upset if this was the first update to arenas? The sincere answer is.. probably, yeah. Because, I'd still be just as shocked that 6 star champs are being devalued/discouraged from being used in well...a 6 star arena. As.. folks were already using 6 star to grind for 5 star, for years. It's moving backwards. I can honestly say that the first iteration of the updated arena system has little affect on my reaction to this change to the scoring system.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

This. They wanted to nerf the effectiveness of them so milestones can't he farmed "too quickly" IMO. But.. they also realized how ridiculous it would look to exclude them. So, they just totally devalued them and can still show on paper that they are technically not "excluded". However, obviously some of us see through this and find it just as ridiculous, if not more.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Forums about arena are actually getting more action then arena lately ;)

I don't think this one will fly either.

In the previous thread I have a fair way of having 5 arenas, but only 3 are visible to any given player based on tier (similar to tier calculation for incursions). Each player is competing in what is relevant to them and their account. This also fixes the unit problem by distributing enough so that any 3 will always have same amount.

Yup, I proposed something like this in the previous thread as well. Exactly. Like, in a way still a 3 arena system, but not 3 in total. Just 3 select arenas available to each player at any given time. This solves the unit economy issue basically. And allows arenas to be tuned more accurately for each level of player.
  • Options
    able21able21 Posts: 13 β˜…

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

The Units are not the only reason people below the top are Grinding. I don't know why people keep reducing the issue to that. Players need an Arena they can progress in and grow into. That's not going to happen unless at least one of them is scaled properly for that. Hence the Basic.
    The sky is not falling just because the people who have the most can't scoop up everything else they want with all the 6*s they have. They're free to do that in the Featured.
    Yet we ( older players ) advanced without having any scaled arenas. I am curious as to what you actually mean by progress in and grow?
  • Options
    able21 said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

Yet we ( older players ) advanced without having any scaled arenas. I am curious as to what you actually mean by progress in and grow?
    Anything to go against the grain.

I particularly like how continue to assume even with big roster than putting up 75m+ in arena is somehow easy! πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Roman4544Roman4544 Posts: 85 β˜…
    edited June 2021
    The feedback I have is that I will have to max out more 4 stars to make the grind easier(4.4m) in the bulk unit arena
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

able21 said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

I particularly like how continue to assume even with big roster than putting up 75m+ in arena is somehow easy! πŸ˜‚
    It is easier with more 6 stars, if 6 stars gave more points. Reduced milestone is always going to have some impact.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Gmonkey said:

Monk1 said:

able21 said:

Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

Grinding is still painful with a big roster many hours. It takes close to 2 hours to go through all champs. That is with suicides, and just under an hour for 5 stars.
    That's Grinding. Any Arena I've Grinded for a Rank Rewards Champ is 3 days of steady Grinding.
  • Options
    Rajiv990Rajiv990 Posts: 3 β˜…
    The arena update for Summoner Trials Update did not go live
  • Options
    Floschka said:

Did Kabam mess up the Release? The two 6* Arenas got the old milestones back, but the 1-4* Arena still only has milestones to 2.15 Million points with 7 Units each. Am i missing out on 200 Units this round?

Hopefully πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • Options
    YoyoboyYoyoboy Posts: 4 β˜…
    Arrrggghhh. Kabam wth guys we're expecting the update tonight!!