**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Summer of tickles this week. Enjoy the cheese everyone!
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    The real summer of pain to me was the time when Darkhawk was 1st introduced in EQ as final boss. The widespread overheat and lagging issue (+Darkhawk start up with 2 bars of power) means he can kill you immediately when he just launch SP2 immediately after start logo disappear and your character can’t move at all.

Thanks to those tutorial YT teaching how to evade his SP1 at that moment as well.

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,724 ★★★★★
    Might be able to give my red mag a proper workout this week
  • Options
    ShalzzShalzz Posts: 20
    I don’t have 5 or 6 star magneto. So I had to use my 4 star magneto. Because of parry bug I had to use 4 to 6 revives to do that fight . Sometimes I can’t parry and sometimes I am getting hit . It’s effecting cavalier difficulty monthly quest too. Kabam could have given some single revives too . It’s so annoying to play at the moment .
  • Options
    Panda99_Panda99_ Posts: 6
    can anyone explain this

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,256 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

Since we are getting closer to week 4 and the objectives for thronebreaker, I wanted to ask a question.
    Looking at how many points you need per milestone, there should be weeks with more than one objective. The way the system works it gives you one point for the win and one point for each objective. Do I need to win the fight with all objectives at once to get all the extra points at once or can they be done in separate tries and collecting them individually?
    Example: One objective is “do it with a 4*” and another one is “use a metal champ”. Do I need to do it with a 4* Metal champ then or can I do 2 runs with a 4* AND THEN with a metal champ?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but if someone got an answer for me, feel free to share.

My guess actually is that for the next six weeks (weeks four through nine) there will be one fight and one solo objective. That means at the end of week nine Cav players will have a maximum of nine points (which is what they are stated to max out at) and TB players will max out at 15 points which is equal to milestone 8. This is the highest milestone that doesn’t contain r4 materials. Then in week ten (August 18 according to the announcement) the special two week final challenge will come out that contains a maximum of 12 points possible, which would take TB players to a maximum of 27 points, which is milestone 11.

This is just a guess, but it is my best guess given what we know about the peak milestone rewards and how the event itself is structured.
    That doesn't sound too bad. I'm still worried about what direction the objectives will go in for sure. I made sure I came prepared for anything they throw at us hopefully it doesn't involve 4 stars or less. I really don't enjoy playing with anything under 5 star at this point.
    I'm genuinely amazed they decided to go with three objectives instead of one. If that continues (and there's no guarantee it will) that implies that by week 9 Thronebreakers could have all 27 points to max the milestones (3 + 6 x 4 = 3 + 24 = 27). Either each week will have a differing number of milestones, or something's up with that final two week challenge.

Many TBs were thinking of stopping at milestone six, on the thinking that three 25% selectors might be more valuable to them than one 100% selector and the difficulty would become oppressively difficult, but heck most of us will probably get there by next week (even if there's only one solo objective that would be nine points). If we're all sitting at milestone seven next week (which is only week five) I think a lot of us are going to be thinking that milestone eight is not going to be all that hard to reach, and everything past that point is just R4 materials.
    I’m need the sig stone for my sufer or ghost not to sure yet
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,728 Guardian
    Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

Since we are getting closer to week 4 and the objectives for thronebreaker, I wanted to ask a question.
    Looking at how many points you need per milestone, there should be weeks with more than one objective. The way the system works it gives you one point for the win and one point for each objective. Do I need to win the fight with all objectives at once to get all the extra points at once or can they be done in separate tries and collecting them individually?
    Example: One objective is “do it with a 4*” and another one is “use a metal champ”. Do I need to do it with a 4* Metal champ then or can I do 2 runs with a 4* AND THEN with a metal champ?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but if someone got an answer for me, feel free to share.

My guess actually is that for the next six weeks (weeks four through nine) there will be one fight and one solo objective. That means at the end of week nine Cav players will have a maximum of nine points (which is what they are stated to max out at) and TB players will max out at 15 points which is equal to milestone 8. This is the highest milestone that doesn’t contain r4 materials. Then in week ten (August 18 according to the announcement) the special two week final challenge will come out that contains a maximum of 12 points possible, which would take TB players to a maximum of 27 points, which is milestone 11.

This is just a guess, but it is my best guess given what we know about the peak milestone rewards and how the event itself is structured.
    That doesn't sound too bad. I'm still worried about what direction the objectives will go in for sure. I made sure I came prepared for anything they throw at us hopefully it doesn't involve 4 stars or less. I really don't enjoy playing with anything under 5 star at this point.
    I'm genuinely amazed they decided to go with three objectives instead of one. If that continues (and there's no guarantee it will) that implies that by week 9 Thronebreakers could have all 27 points to max the milestones (3 + 6 x 4 = 3 + 24 = 27). Either each week will have a differing number of milestones, or something's up with that final two week challenge.

Many TBs were thinking of stopping at milestone six, on the thinking that three 25% selectors might be more valuable to them than one 100% selector and the difficulty would become oppressively difficult, but heck most of us will probably get there by next week (even if there's only one solo objective that would be nine points). If we're all sitting at milestone seven next week (which is only week five) I think a lot of us are going to be thinking that milestone eight is not going to be all that hard to reach, and everything past that point is just R4 materials.
    True, there are 6* sig stones in there also, although I think 6* sig stones are not as constrained as they used to be and not as much of an incentive to do hard content as they used to be. Six months ago I think a lot of players would have chewed off their own arm to get those sig stones, but I think today it is the R4 mats that are the spicier reward.

Heck I'll take them if I can get them: even I'm using 6* sig stones now (I don't really rank for prestige, but I'm starting to pour them into utility champs for the actual combat benefit). But I probably wouldn't spend a ton to clear content to get them.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

True, there are 6* sig stones in there also, although I think 6* sig stones are not as constrained as they used to be and not as much of an incentive to do hard content as they used to be. Six months ago I think a lot of players would have chewed off their own arm to get those sig stones, but I think today it is the R4 mats that are the spicier reward.

Heck I'll take them if I can get them: even I'm using 6* sig stones now (I don't really rank for prestige, but I'm starting to pour them into utility champs for the actual combat benefit). But I probably wouldn't spend a ton to clear content to get them.
    To be honest, I’d really disagree with that. Sig stones are one of the hardest resources to get right now, and for some champs, sig 200 R3 > low sig R4. I think a lot of people look at SoP rewards and their eyes widen about the sig stones
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,256 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

It only my perspective I’m trying to be a bit more F2P after 4july deal I’m find me regret me buying all deal. But unfortunately I’m just hav to live with that’s
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

To be honest, I’d really disagree with that. Sig stones are one of the hardest resources to get right now, and for some champs, sig 200 R3 > low sig R4. I think a lot of people look at SoP rewards and their eyes widen about the sig stones
    It's all about context. For people in the prestige game like yourself and I 6 star sig stones are incredibly rare because we need so many of them to have an impact. Whereas if your focus is more so on dups and ranking new champions then 6 star sig stones you feel are in abundance because you would only need 20 for most champions.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Gamer said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

It's all about context. For people in the prestige game like yourself and I 6 star sig stones are incredibly rare because we need so many of them to have an impact. Whereas if your focus is more so on dups and ranking new champions then 6 star sig stones you feel are in abundance because you would only need 20 for most champions.
    This is a relative thing. 6* sig stones are still rare and valuable in an absolute sense, but I think any player engaged in the prestige race at or near the top would be placing a much higher value on the R4 mats, because those are on the verge of changing the prestige race at the top much more dramatically than small bunches of sig stones have been doing up to now.

Most of the players near the top already have some high sig champs in their prestige group. Sig stones on an incremental basis are either increasing the sig level of a champ that already has a lot of sig levels, or is bringing up a newer higher prestige champ to replace an existing one. Either way, the incremental benefit is lower for those players. But the first rank 4 is going to bump a high prestige champ by probably on the order of 20%, increasing overall prestige by something on the order of 4%. It would take a huge amount of sig stones to have that affect on a high prestige player's overall prestige.

I don't think anyone (who ranks for prestige) is overflowing with sig stones or anything. But I think enough of them have flowed into the game that they probably have a lot of high sig rank 3s in their prestige now. That reduces the incremental prestige benefit of future sig stones because their mathematical impact is getting diluted. When no one has any, every sig stone changes things a lot. When everyone has enough for all their prestige champs to be moderately sigged up, each sig stone after that has diminishing returns. Rank 4s currently have no diminishing returns, because no one has any yet.
  • Options
    Peak milestone = reward of the tier you’re currently at, like AQ.
  • Options
    PotiPoti Posts: 9

• Options
    xNig said:

Kohlin said:

xNig said:

Thanks . Wish kabam gives every milestone achieved as this is really pain event 🤪🙃
    Haha. Then the rewards will be too good for the difficulty.

Weird that some people can just disagree with a fact. Lol.
    Always two, there are.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Kohlin said:

xNig said:

Thanks . Wish kabam gives every milestone achieved as this is really pain event 🤪🙃

Always two, there are.
    People bored and dumb, there are some.
  • Options
    Azming said:

xNig said:

Kohlin said:

xNig said:

Thats kinda dissapointing u know.
    76 days = 1 reward.
    Its like summer of patience now...
    Except that it was mentioned at the start of the event. What’s the big deal with waiting for rewards?
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Azming said:

xNig said:

Kohlin said:

xNig said:

76 days = 1 reward.
    Did you even look at what reward that is?
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Is there any chance of compensation for the sop weeks the parry problem exists? This is not content you can "choose wisely what to play during the pug fixing period".
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Is there any chance of compensation for the sop weeks the parry problem exists? This is not content you can "choose wisely what to play during the pug fixing period".

If next week is "Parry Juggernaut one hundred times" then they should probably consider a delay.

(Anyone else remember on the old forums when someone made that suggestion as a way to earn T4CC catalysts?)
  • Options
    Azming said:

xNig said:

Kohlin said:

xNig said:

76 days = 1 reward.
    Well, if the devs gave us a way to earn 30,000 6* shards, 2 6* Nexus crystals, 6 6* Nexus selectors, the equivalent of 10.5 T5CC selectors, 13,500 T6A fragments, 17,100 T6B fragments, and 150 6* sig stones in a single event that would also be a bit disappointing, just in a different way.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I would be fine with a delay. I didn't had a parry problem during this weeks defender, but this parry thing comes and goes all the time and everywhere.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,156 ★★★★★
    I got this week 4 finished on day 1 but good they have extended it due to the massive in-game issues. Hopefully week 5 is manageable as is. And I definitely think i'd have preferred 4 x 25% t5cc selectors than a whole t5cc (inventory varies so much that it's easier to use the 25% ones to top off relevant t5ccs) but if I can reach to that milestone of 9 points next week I'll be happy either way.