**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Next Month’s Buffs!! [Merged]

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Maybe August will be bigger buffs most people want?

Perhaps since America Chavez and Hercules are going to be released and Hercules is the community choice, they don’t want him to be overshadowed by Sentry or someone like that?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I might be the first one to say it, but having so many champions buffed month after month isn’t good imho.

It’s hard, if not impossible to plan ahead for who you want to rank, at which time you acquire the necessary items, you’ll probably find other champs abilities are better and you could have wasted cats on someone.

Then there is the constant re-learning how to use champs, even with slightly different changes, for both offence and facing AI.

Personally, I doubt this will be popular, I’d prefer 1 buff a month like it used to be.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Great work Kabam you guys are knocking it out of the park with these well thought out buffs, you know I have a great idea, @Kabam Miike now that those people are taken care of we can focus on next months buff

So you finally acknowledged that Elsa is better than Ronin and changed your PFP
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    The cosmic class needs some love asap. I don't know what are they waiting for the groot buff seriously
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Can't believe this is yet another month where none of the buffed champs are one of my 6*s... It's shocking how that's even possible considering the kind of 6* roster I have.

Regardless, let's see what kabam does with thrse champs.

I might be the first one to say it, but having so many champions buffed month after month isn’t good imho.

It’s hard, if not impossible to plan ahead for who you want to rank, at which time you acquire the necessary items, you’ll probably find other champs abilities are better and you could have wasted cats on someone.

Then there is the constant re-learning how to use champs, even with slightly different changes, for both offence and facing AI.

Personally, I doubt this will be popular, I’d prefer 1 buff a month like it used to be.

The buffs are amazing for the game, one of the best things that has ever happened to MCOC
    Agree 100%

I would have left the game had it not been for buffs.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Can't believe this is yet another month where none of the buffed champs are one of my 6*s... It's shocking how that's even possible considering the kind of 6* roster I have.

Guy the same thing happened here
    All I want is Groot or Karnak buff...
    Let me soul rest
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Let me soul rest
    Rhino, sentry, juggernaut, Cyclops, king Groot, Groot, and many more duds, I get them as 6*. Yet buff wave never reach them.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Let me soul rest
    Rhino, sentry, juggernaut, Cyclops, king Groot, Groot, and many more duds, I get them as 6*. Yet buff wave never reach them.
    Most are classic Marvel characters.

You know…..Marvel? The reason this game exists?
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Alas, a Mystic buff... It seems like it's been ages since I saw someone from the mystic class being buffed.

Alas, a Mystic buff... It seems like it's been ages since I saw someone from the mystic class being buffed.

Was the retracted Hood buff the last one?

This is ridiculous IMO, if you rank 3 your Stealth spidey, and next month your Karnak is buffed to be better you can always get more catalysts. And until you get another t5 skill, you can still use Karnak at r2.

If Karnak wasn’t buffed, you’ve got one less good champion. So what if you’ve got less catalysts? They’re not wasted, Stealth is just as good as he was before - he hasn’t changed.

The buffs are amazing for the game, one of the best things that has ever happened to MCOC
    I actually did click and agree with your comment, what you're saying is correct and makes sense.

For me personally, and I won't speak for anyone else, it takes months to gain the necessary cats to upgrade a 6*. That's months of dedicated grinding, saving certain items, planning [holding off] other upgrades, and pretty much devoting my way of playing, just to upgrade a 6*. As you can guess I'm F2P! lol

So for me, or anyone, to do that, only to have a different champion instantly become a much better option, just seems very disheartening.

I did originally think the buff idea was simply going to be for none relevant champions, who's abilities and uses had become almost obsolete. But as time has gone on, it seems as though buffs are coming out left, right, and center, even for champions who are nowhere near that 'irrelevant' stage.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

I can get Bishop and Diablo,

But Ronin? Really? Did they mean Ronan?

What? Why Ronan? Ronan is solid, definitely better then ronin. Ronin can't even cheese
    Ahh yes, being able to cheese in very rare conditions, that too it takes so long to do is better than a champ who is already general usuable in most areas of the game, has solid damage and decent utility.

I'm not debating the buff but Ronin as of now is definitely better than Ronan.
    Ronan makes difficult easy. Not always, sure, but when he fits a fight, he is the best. And ronin is a pretty generic skill champ, who you can replace with others, like fury, moleman, kingpin, shangchi, cb, falcon, bp after buff, I guess, killmonger, night trasher, aegon, even blade. Oh, also new shibari black panther.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    In terms of the buffs i would rather have less buffs but better quality ones. Mags, Falcon, Colossus level buffs for me rather than buffs like Maw, HTD, Vulture etc. I know they take longer but overall have a much greater impact on my roster. I do understand there are upcoming players however that probably make use of some of these "worse" buffs. Just my opinion
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Ohhh I'm excited..

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,996 ★★★★★

In terms of the buffs i would rather have less buffs but better quality ones. Mags, Falcon, Colossus level buffs for me rather than buffs like Maw, HTD, Vulture etc. I know they take longer but overall have a much greater impact on my roster. I do understand there are upcoming players however that probably make use of some of these "worse" buffs. Just my opinion

Have you ever seen The Incredibles? When everybody is super, nobody is.

If every champ got a Mags level buff, there would be two possible issues. Either the game becomes too easy because every champion just has a “I wish that were dead” button, or it becomes ludicrously difficult because each of these overhauls also potentially creates a new, powerful defender. Y’all remember original recipe Hulkbuster and Yellow Jacket? Much easier fights.

The game needs mid-tier champions in order to function. Doesn’t necessarily need the low-meme tier champs, but not every character can or should be a banger.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    @Masterpuff

Congrats ! Ronin will most likely surpass Elsa now. Good to see him get a little tweak. Any suggestions you have thought of yet?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    All buffs don't need to be super or anything but they also shouldn't be like Nova and Maw. Imo, they should be around Civil Warriors level, he's not had much of an impact since his buff has dropped but he is significantly better than before and has his own small fan-club.
    Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Congrats ! Ronin will most likely surpass Elsa now. Good to see him get a little tweak. Any suggestions you have thought of yet?

Oh God…….we almost got away from it
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★

You rank champions that are going to help you. Nobody is sitting there staring at their groot and sentry saying dang, I can't plan these rankups because I don't know whos going to be buffed.
    DawsMan said:

You rank champions that are going to help you. Nobody is sitting there staring at their groot and sentry saying dang, I can't plan these rankups because I don't know whos going to be buffed.
    Your comment has no relevance to what I’ve been saying on this thread.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

i can smell people having 5 or 6 star ronin and bishop being happy inside but posting here- 'nah, they don't really need it'

I got all three as five stars and awakened, this is a win for me no matter what.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

All of these champions have alright baisc kit. So it will be interesting to see who gets the overhaul and gets scrapped of his current kit.....

I’ll guess:

Numbers only: Ronin
    Moderate: Bishop
    Overhaul: Diablo
    Diablo is a pretty new champ. I guess he will get some maw like minor update.
    Bishop is old and super not practical, probably is close to never being used. I actually forgot he was in game, lol. Both deserve a complete rework actually, but I'd rather bet on bishop
    But no one has liked Diablo since his introduction into the game...

No one posts videos about him unless it's a "What if for lulz" and he only comes up for discussion in the forums when it's a thread devoted to "who needs an overhaul more?".