**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next Month’s Buffs!! [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

All of these champions have alright baisc kit. So it will be interesting to see who gets the overhaul and gets scrapped of his current kit.....

I’ll guess:

Numbers only: Ronin
    Moderate: Bishop
    Overhaul: Diablo
    Diablo is a pretty new champ. I guess he will get some maw like minor update.
    Bishop is old and super not practical, probably is close to never being used. I actually forgot he was in game, lol. Both deserve a complete rework actually, but I'd rather bet on bishop
    But no one has liked Diablo since his introduction into the game...

No one posts videos about him unless it's a "What if for lulz" and he only comes up for discussion in the forums when it's a thread devoted to "who needs an overhaul more?".
    That's not true, there's one dude here on the forums who legit loves Diablo and R3d him a long time ago. I can't remember his name though.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

I might be the first one to say it, but having so many champions buffed month after month isn’t good imho.

It’s hard, if not impossible to plan ahead for who you want to rank, at which time you acquire the necessary items, you’ll probably find other champs abilities are better and you could have wasted cats on someone.

Then there is the constant re-learning how to use champs, even with slightly different changes, for both offence and facing AI.

Personally, I doubt this will be popular, I’d prefer 1 buff a month like it used to be.

But the point of all of these buffs isn't about making you feel bad about your rank up choices, that's just an unintended (slightly humorous) by-product.

I've said it before on numerous threads that this is not exclusively about endgamers or people with large rosters, it's about helping EVERYONE regardless of progression. Not everyone is going to pull BGT champs on the first try soooo by closing the gap between the tiers, we can ensure that anyone can progress with what they have and more importantly still have fun with their favorite champs.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Ronin Is getting buffed? I mean thats nice but why him he is already solid, and we have champs like rhino and groot in our game.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Congrats ! Ronin will most likely surpass Elsa now. Good to see him get a little tweak. Any suggestions you have thought of yet?

Yeah, things i have wanted but didnt think were super needed were:
    Increase sp3 fury duration for each cruelty on opponent or each bleed
    Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify
    Crit on block in demon stance

OR a stealth suit esque ability to dash back and pause passives.
  • Options
  • Options

Ronin Is getting buffed? I mean thats nice but why him he is already solid, and we have champs like rhino and groot in our game.

Because those are moderate update bordering on overhauls, not tune-ups
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Because Ronin only needs a tuneup, Groot and Rhino would at least need a moderate update
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

Because Ronin only needs a tuneup, Groot and Rhino would at least need a moderate update
    Those noodles need a little more than a moderate update lol.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Congrats ! Ronin will most likely surpass Elsa now. Good to see him get a little tweak. Any suggestions you have thought of yet?

Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify

The 100% AAR for me is huge.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Lol another thing I just realized: Now that Ronin is getting buffed there's a good chance he's gonna be better than Elsa :D

Already is.

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Because those are moderate update bordering on overhauls, not tune-ups
    Oh whew that makes sense then.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    I would have thought the July month would have been both old Captain Americas and Iron Patriot...but to be honest, I thought Ronin's counterpart Hawkeye would get the buff first. It is good Ronin is getting a buff because he came out the same year as Nick Fury and Nick is leaps and bounds ahead of him. If people had a Fury, there were no reasons to even touch Ronin.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

I might be the first one to say it, but having so many champions buffed month after month isn’t good imho.

It’s hard, if not impossible to plan ahead for who you want to rank, at which time you acquire the necessary items, you’ll probably find other champs abilities are better and you could have wasted cats on someone.

Then there is the constant re-learning how to use champs, even with slightly different changes, for both offence and facing AI.

Personally, I doubt this will be popular, I’d prefer 1 buff a month like it used to be.

You rank champions that are going to help you. Nobody is sitting there staring at their groot and sentry saying dang, I can't plan these rankups because I don't know whos going to be buffed.
    Your comment has no relevance to what I’ve been saying on this thread.
    You are saying that theres too many champs getting buffed so it's hard to know if a champion you are ranking is going to be irrelevant. I'm going to ignore relearning champions because half the champions being buffed, weren't being used by anybody and 'relearning' them is not hard.

I would agree with you if there were a bunch of magneto buffs but there haven't been. Just making bad champs better. If you were ranking champions that are losing relevance due to recent buffs, you were ranking bad champions.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

IKON said:

I imagine Ronin will be Nova level buff.

He doesnt need one though.
    Agreed, but the buff he gets will just chamg some numbers up. At least Ronin has the kit that a numbers buff will actually help, as opposed to Nova who remains bench level.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Denzel116 said:

I’m about to get disagreed into oblivion but…there is literally no pleasing the Mcoc community as a whole.

Once upon a time, if you pulled a meme character…then that was your future. You character collecting dust was inevitable. But at least most of the *useless* characters now get a shot at bumps.

For me it’s almost as interesting as getting new characters. Before Colossus got buffed, before Magneto was restored to his just position as one of the best, these were pulls that just stung for months.

I get it. People want to see certain champs get buffs IMMEDIATELY. I really do feel that. Trust me, I’m one of 3 people that actually like Ebony Maw and wish he was justly bugged (he wasn’t). But I pleasantly enjoy when random champs get bugged like Ultron.

So bring it on. Maybe Ronin will hit harder. Maybe Bishop will have a more consistent and applicable play style. Maybe Diablo won’t be drunk.

It could be cool y’all. Let’s just see what the buffs are like before we go automatic negative mode.

If they remove his persistent charges and remove/increase his drin-ahem "potion" limit, won't he be more drunk
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify

1.I think the fury should definitely be increased, snd get that big pay off. I also think the bleed damage should be increased.

2.) 100% AAR is nice , but think they should force the SP1 to make the difference with a 200% increase on the disorient.

3.) I think purify is nice, wonder if they throw the cleanse passive on him or use a cruelty buff as the currency to purify debuffs?

4.) Crit on block is nice; bleed is nice too through block can’t remember if he bleeds through block)
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Denzel116 said:

I’m about to get disagreed into oblivion but…there is literally no pleasing the Mcoc community as a whole.

Once upon a time, if you pulled a meme character…then that was your future. You character collecting dust was inevitable. But at least most of the *useless* characters now get a shot at bumps.

For me it’s almost as interesting as getting new characters. Before Colossus got buffed, before Magneto was restored to his just position as one of the best, these were pulls that just stung for months.

I get it. People want to see certain champs get buffs IMMEDIATELY. I really do feel that. Trust me, I’m one of 3 people that actually like Ebony Maw and wish he was justly bugged (he wasn’t). But I pleasantly enjoy when random champs get bugged like Ultron.

So bring it on. Maybe Ronin will hit harder. Maybe Bishop will have a more consistent and applicable play style. Maybe Diablo won’t be drunk.

It could be cool y’all. Let’s just see what the buffs are like before we go automatic negative mode.

If they remove his persistent charges and remove/increase his drin-ahem "potion" limit, won't he be more drunk
    We can only hope. Because if he’s not, I will be.

• Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify

1.I think the fury should definitely be increased, snd get that big pay off. I also think the bleed damage should be increased.

2.) 100% AAR is nice , but think they should force the SP1 to make the difference with a 200% increase on the disorient.

3.) I think purify is nice, wonder if they throw the cleanse passive on him or use a cruelty buff as the currency to purify debuffs?

4.) Crit on block is nice; bleed is nice too through block can’t remember if he bleeds through block)
    1.Agreed. Would be super nice.

2.Eh, would be cool. Maybe based on number of cruelties he gets a certain amount of aar.

3.You just gave me an idea, what if he got a cleanse for each cruelty?

4.He can bleed on block.

@Texas_11 do you think theyll adjust his sig? Its currently pretty useless.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify

2.Eh, would be cool. Maybe based on number of cruelties he gets a certain amount of aar.

4.He can bleed on block.

May i join ?
    5) Sp2 no cost cruelty anymore
    6) Less intercept and can keep 100% uptime rotation, i mean look at BP og his intercept mechanic is all Ronin need.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Denzel116 said:

We can only hope. Because if he’s not, I will be.

I have one too, he's unduped tho
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

In terms of the buffs i would rather have less buffs but better quality ones. Mags, Falcon, Colossus level buffs for me rather than buffs like Maw, HTD, Vulture etc. I know they take longer but overall have a much greater impact on my roster. I do understand there are upcoming players however that probably make use of some of these "worse" buffs. Just my opinion

Have you ever seen The Incredibles? When everybody is super, nobody is.

If every champ got a Mags level buff, there would be two possible issues. Either the game becomes too easy because every champion just has a “I wish that were dead” button, or it becomes ludicrously difficult because each of these overhauls also potentially creates a new, powerful defender. Y’all remember original recipe Hulkbuster and Yellow Jacket? Much easier fights.

The game needs mid-tier champions in order to function. Doesn’t necessarily need the low-meme tier champs, but not every character can or should be a banger.
    As i said before just my opinion. Having more champs that are around an average level doesnt do anything for MY roster. As i stated i understand that players that dont have the roster i do will make more use of the buffs like vulture gambit etc more than i will. Im just offering a viewpoint from MY perspective. Magneto level buffs i probably agree should be few and far between but Collosus, Falcon etc level buffs would be more appealing to ME at my current stage in the game. I just dont want to see buffs like Maw and Nova where they really dont make any diffirence to anyone
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Decent logic, but flawed. On the other hand, you have to consider the people (like me) with relative abundance of resources and many 6* champs, but the ones who are at the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of usability. There are those having cosmic t5cc in overflow simply because of how few the rankup options are in the class. It's not a matter of "planning ahead" if there's no one out of available options to implement it on. The current multi-buff system is amazing, and kabam should definitely keep it up. Hopefully soon it would grace the duds of my roster and give me some more good options instead of always having to spend tier 5 basics 5*s in order to avoid tier 2 alpha going into overflow.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Decent logic, but flawed. On the other hand, you have to consider the people (like me) with relative abundance of resources and many 6* champs, but the ones who are at the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of usability. There are those having cosmic t5cc in overflow simply because of how few the rankup options are in the class. It's not a matter of "planning ahead" if there's no one out of available options to implement it on. The current multi-buff system is amazing, and kabam should definitely keep it up. Hopefully soon it would grace the duds of my roster and give me some more good options instead of always having to spend tier 5 basics 5*s in order to avoid tier 2 alpha going into overflow.
    Continuing on your point of planning ahead, what if you just finished using all your resources on Cosmic Ghost Rider and they just release a new arguably even more BGT champ?

Do you get mad at Kabam for that!?

No, you do what we're supposed to do as we do everyday in real life, you make the best plans that you can with the knowledge you have available and when eventually something new or better comes along, you have a new goal to work for.

We're never going to have the foresight to see everything coming on the horizon unless Kabam decides to share that information willingly and considering they're taking their marching orders from Marvel, it's a fair bet that they're going to keep a lot of stuff close to the vest.
  • Options
    slacker said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Aar adds to 100
    Expand purify

4.He can bleed on block.

May i join ?
    5) Sp2 no cost cruelty anymore
    6) Less intercept and can keep 100% uptime rotation, i mean look at BP og his intercept mechanic is all Ronin need.
    5.All his specials take the cruelties and i think that is okay. More cruelties is more payoff.
    6.I love his intercept playstyle. If they touch his playstyle im quitting. Not even joking.
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    If we compare the quality of buffs before they started this 3 a month programme or before what do we think is better in terms of the QUALITY of the buffs?
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I've got a 5* Diablo, so I'm excited
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

If we compare the quality of buffs before they started this 3 a month programme or before what do we think is better in terms of the QUALITY of the buffs?

The previous buffs were obviously better since they had months, more than 6 probably to get those buffs. However, these buffs are also pretty good except for except for 2 (YJ and Nova)
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’d love to know how Kabam chooses what champs are getting buffed. We’d all probably agree that basically all of the champs from 2014-2016 need buffs over these guys, yet they sit there untouched.