**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gamora Spotlight

Comments

• GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 128 ★★
    This buff is fine. I'm sure future guardian synergies (or even prefights) will further improve her utility. Why is everyone expecting beyond god tiers? Champs like Spidey 2099 and Gamora are still solid enough to get things done. I mean look at Ihulk, he has no evade/miss counter yet he still wrecks stuff
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    A 100-second cooldown of the Godslayer Strike will make it borderline useless in most fights. It's a good ability, but not "too good to use twice in a fight" good. It won't win you the fight.

Having her counter auto-block at 10 buffs is also strange. The buff-reliant utility concept works for Angela because it's really easy to reach 3 or 4 buffs, but 10 buffs with Gamora? It'll become easier as the fight goes on but it feels like you'll be without that mechanic for quite some time while you build them up. An auto-block counter is not something you want to be without for that long, I think.

Edit: It should be Miss, not Auto-Block. My bad.

It would have been nice if you got some buff or another by using the Heavy, I think. That would make building them up smoother. But we'll see, I guess. I don't have any experience with Gamora whatsoever since I haven't ever pulled her in any rarity over 3 or maybe 4* (and don't have those ranked up), so I don't really know how good she is at building buffs. If she builds them like crazy, maybe it'll work.

But yeah, hiding a true strike behind her SP3 is weak. I guess Kabam finally listened to all of our whining about "too much True Focus in the game!"? :blush:
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    Her utility is behind gates that’ll potentially leave her open to enemy defensive mechanics for too long.
    Best scenario is with her synergy partners and hoping rng is in your favor.
    If Kabam is reading this, please synergy buff her further with the other Guardian buffs. Thanks 🤞
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Why do they even try if every Buff is "not good enough"?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

slacker said:

Raichu626 said:

I thought the point of 2 buffs a month was to allow for more in depth and to avoid “less desirable buffs” and have “better quality buffs”. Gamora needed a moderate update, not just a tune up IMO.

Ahh well. Gamora remains rank 1.

The true strike refresh and miss counter sound pretty good to me. Faster buff duration increase (40 instead of 60 seconds), not sig reliant anymore. Certainly much more than Ronin/Nova got.
    Heavy attacking every 9 seconds or losing every single piece of utility and all your damage is a one track ticket to the bench for me.
    She also get increase her buffs duration over time so it's not so 9s/heavy, imo the max duration should be her default
    14.4 seconds is not much of an improvement…
    Still much better than 12s and have to dash back, hold block everytime.......
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★

I mean wow what a forgettable buff. Can't believe this makes up 1/2 of the months buffs now.

I disagree. I think the being immune to miss and her true strike will add some utility to her. She already hits hard as is, just needed a way to get there faster and stay there. I think this buff is exactly what she needed.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★

Noise72 said:

I mean wow what a forgettable buff. Can't believe this makes up 1/2 of the months buffs now.

I disagree. I think the being immune to miss and her true strike will add some utility to her. She already hits hard as is, just needed a way to get there faster and stay there. I think this buff is exactly what she needed.
    How good is a miss counter after 30 hits that you need to heavy counter every 9-14 seconds, or a true strike after Sp3?

I can think of 10 better counters off the top of my head, more if I checked
    Better than not having it at all. A lot of people don't have every single champ unlocked, or ranked. Just because there is a better counter out there doesn't make these buffs useless.

Because different people find different buffs bad. Some complain about all or most, some are more realistic and don’t only see bad things about the buffs that truly seem flawed.

I think I’ve only said that Ronin, Hood, Nova and Gamora were bad buffs. I’ve since changed my mind about Ronin.

And to be clear, I am not expecting any champion to become broken. That’s why I am not saying “why hasn’t gamora been given CGR damage, along with permanent buffs on every hit and also 100% AAR and miss, evade counter etc”

Miles’ buff doesn’t look like it’ll catapult him to the top of his class, but there’s a reason I’m not saying his buff is bad, and that’s because it looks like his kit is well designed, usable and fun. Gamora is not, timers like this for champions is not a good mechanic, especially when if you don’t hit your mark you lose all your damage, and all your utility. Forcing a player to heavy between 9-14 seconds is not fun gameplay, it’s stressful and bad design for me.

If a champion is well designed, cool, that’s all good with me. Whatever level they end up being I don’t mind as long as their kit functions and makes sense, while being fun to use. That’s why I actually love the DDHK buff, I awakened him on my mini account as a 6* with my abyss gem. His damage isn’t the best, but he’s a lot of fun. God tier doesn’t matter to me, what does matter, is buffs that don’t just half heartedly change a couple things about an already mediocre champ and expect anything to change with how they’re used.

This buff hasn’t changed any of the core issues with Gamora, it’s just added some utility on top of her flawed mechanic.
    People have complained about every buff besides Colossus from what I've seen.
    The objective is to improve them from their current standing. Not to be Top Tier viable, or End-Game friendly. Not all buffs result in a perfect all-round.
  • whatitdobaybwhatitdobayb Posts: 40
    Kabams law of equal exchange

For every attempt at good make sure to find a way to screw it up.

Its a buff nonetheless, but won’t entice anyone to pick her up. So in reality, it’s a failure.
    Stellar said:

Diablo's buff is a nice one and no one complain about it.
    VenomPool, King Groot, Bishop, Ultron, War machine, Crossbone had all some good Buffs !
    Even Black Panther and Mister fanstatic and Ducky Duck had nice buffs
    Ok Vulture is not so good.
    After the fact, sure. People have come to like those buffs. To my memory, there has been a complaint about just about every one, save for Colossus since word spread fast that he was Top Tier. Opinions are welcome, no argument about that. Some are premature. Not to mention it's just ingracious that they put effort into making these Champs more useful to those that end up pulling them than they were before, only to be met with constant "Not good enough."comments. The objective isn't to make people choose them over other Champs. Not expressly.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

This buff is fine. I'm sure future guardian synergies (or even prefights) will further improve her utility....

This buff is okay. Makes her a bit better Unawakened. And she could be a useful robot counter with Nebula synergy, if you don't have Magneto, Magneto, Medusa, or, well, Nebula.

I wish I was optimistic about future GOTG synergies. Gamora has three useful/desirable synergies, none with the other Guardians who just get the most basic 'Armour' and 'Perfect Block' synergies.

It doesn't bode well for anyone who fancies putting the GOTG together as a useful team...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Because different people find different buffs bad. Some complain about all or most, some are more realistic and don’t only see bad things about the buffs that truly seem flawed.

I think I’ve only said that Ronin, Hood, Nova and Gamora were bad buffs. I’ve since changed my mind about Ronin.

And to be clear, I am not expecting any champion to become broken. That’s why I am not saying “why hasn’t gamora been given CGR damage, along with permanent buffs on every hit and also 100% AAR and miss, evade counter etc”

Miles’ buff doesn’t look like it’ll catapult him to the top of his class, but there’s a reason I’m not saying his buff is bad, and that’s because it looks like his kit is well designed, usable and fun. Gamora is not, timers like this for champions is not a good mechanic, especially when if you don’t hit your mark you lose all your damage, and all your utility. Forcing a player to heavy between 9-14 seconds is not fun gameplay, it’s stressful and bad design for me.

If a champion is well designed, cool, that’s all good with me. Whatever level they end up being I don’t mind as long as their kit functions and makes sense, while being fun to use. That’s why I actually love the DDHK buff, I awakened him on my mini account as a 6* with my abyss gem. His damage isn’t the best, but he’s a lot of fun. God tier doesn’t matter to me, what does matter, is buffs that don’t just half heartedly change a couple things about an already mediocre champ and expect anything to change with how they’re used.

This buff hasn’t changed any of the core issues with Gamora, it’s just added some utility on top of her flawed mechanic.
    How is that relevant to what I’m saying?