UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen
«1345

Comments

  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 815 ★★★★

    I thought the point of 2 buffs a month was to allow for more in depth and to avoid “less desirable buffs” and have “better quality buffs”. Gamora needed a moderate update, not just a tune up IMO.

    Ahh well. Gamora remains rank 1.

    The true strike refresh and miss counter sound pretty good to me. Faster buff duration increase (40 instead of 60 seconds), not sig reliant anymore. Certainly much more than Ronin/Nova got.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,561 ★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

    Man, this was a letdown.... massive.

    I was hoping more of Angela level. Instead, we get Nova level.

    Nova wishes his "buff" was this good and it ain't that good.
    If you liked and used her already, you'll like and use her more. Hopefully there's something that they neglected to mention like a Stat bump to help her Parry heavy game or no cap on her buffs.
  • AuceAuce Posts: 341 ★★
    Besides miss counter and starting with a Godslayer Strike (un duped) is there any other changes what so ever?
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 276 ★★

    Quicker duration ramp-up, and a fairly pointless miss-counter.

    Pretty meh. Not Nova-level, but certainly feels like a throwaway safety buff.

    IMO she needed another way to refresh buffs, like a Wasp-esque heavy. That and some reliable utility. Or at least unblockable specials, given how easy they are to dex.

    She's still a mediocre, unreliable beatstick -- even if her peak damage is the best in the game. Or one of the best. I can't remember.


    I love the Wasp-esque heavy idea. That would've made this concept different.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 429 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    So the wording of "If Gamora has 10 or more personal Buffs active, her attacks cannot Miss" means she also counters evade? In her mechanics description it mentions her countering Miss, auto-block and evade, so it certainly seems to be the case.

    I am confused because the Vigilance buff allows attacks to bypass Miss, which is the similar wording, but defender's can still evade. For example, Silver Surfer doesn't counter evade normally; Cosmics in Cavalier EQ counter falter but not evade (that Ultron classic was pretty annoying).

    Is this an example of Kabam describing the mechanics poorly or am I completely off base? Is the main difference the word 'cannot' and 'bypass' Miss?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 718 ★★★★
    The heavy attack to refresh personal debuffs is nice. This means you can stack a ton.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,561 ★★★★
    None of her buff is a strong enough reason to bring her off the bench, rank her up and throw sigs on her. Maybe if at 40 buffs something nuts happened...

    Quicker duration ramp-up, and a fairly pointless miss-counter.

    Pretty meh. Not Nova-level, but certainly feels like a throwaway safety buff.

    IMO she needed another way to refresh buffs, like a Wasp-esque heavy. That and some reliable utility. Or at least unblockable specials, given how easy they are to dex.

    She's still a mediocre, unreliable beatstick -- even if her peak damage is the best in the game. Or one of the best. I can't remember.

    honestly, if she could combo into heavy like doom and wasp, that would be sooo much better
    If that was the case, they probably would have made her buffs weaker and put a cap on them. That would have looked cooler and made her usability much higher even if they did. Especially if they swapped her generic heavy with a better one.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 751 ★★★
    So will count all change:
    - Increase the chance to get fury and cruelty
    - Her increase duration ramp up will be ramp up faster
    - 10 buffs + will counter miss
    - Heavy now refresh all her buffs, yes that also mean her true strike can refresh
    - Godslayer Strike add into her base kit instead of sig ability with 65% chance and 100s CD
    - Her sig now will increase her chance ro active Godslayer Strike and reduce CD
    - Her armor break has slightly decrease potency but last longer so it might practical to stack them
    - Her true strike reduce from 11s to 9s but you can refresh it anyway so not even a deal
    - Also her synergy get change as well like Gamora, instead of cruelty only, it became all her buffs and atk decrease.
    If i miss anything, pls correct me.
  • AuceAuce Posts: 341 ★★

    altavista said:

    So the wording of "If Gamora has 10 or more personal Buffs active, her attacks cannot Miss" means she also counters evade? In her mechanics description it mentions her countering Miss, auto-block and evade, so it certainly seems to be the case.

    I am confused because the Vigilance buff allows attacks to bypass Miss, which is the similar wording, but defender's can still evade. For example, Silver Surfer doesn't counter evade normally; Cosmics in Cavalier EQ counter falter but not evade (that Ultron classic was pretty annoying).

    Is this an example of Kabam describing the mechanics poorly or am I completely off base? Is the main difference the word 'cannot' and 'bypass' Miss?

    She has a true strike on her sp3 which you can refresh and use to counter evade and autoblock. Pretty useless if you ask me, nobody is getting to sp3 to counter two things that so many champs can counter easier
    Not to mention it's a pretty weak SP3.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 751 ★★★

    Raichu626 said:

    I thought the point of 2 buffs a month was to allow for more in depth and to avoid “less desirable buffs” and have “better quality buffs”. Gamora needed a moderate update, not just a tune up IMO.

    Ahh well. Gamora remains rank 1.

    The true strike refresh and miss counter sound pretty good to me. Faster buff duration increase (40 instead of 60 seconds), not sig reliant anymore. Certainly much more than Ronin/Nova got.
    Heavy attacking every 9 seconds or losing every single piece of utility and all your damage is a one track ticket to the bench for me.
    She also get increase her buffs duration over time so it's not so 9s/heavy, imo the max duration should be her default
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,023 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

    Raichu626 said:

    I thought the point of 2 buffs a month was to allow for more in depth and to avoid “less desirable buffs” and have “better quality buffs”. Gamora needed a moderate update, not just a tune up IMO.

    Ahh well. Gamora remains rank 1.

    The true strike refresh and miss counter sound pretty good to me. Faster buff duration increase (40 instead of 60 seconds), not sig reliant anymore. Certainly much more than Ronin/Nova got.
    Heavy attacking every 9 seconds or losing every single piece of utility and all your damage is a one track ticket to the bench for me.
    She also get increase her buffs duration over time so it's not so 9s/heavy, imo the max duration should be her default
    14.4 seconds is not much of an improvement…
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 815 ★★★★
    slacker said:

    Raichu626 said:

    I thought the point of 2 buffs a month was to allow for more in depth and to avoid “less desirable buffs” and have “better quality buffs”. Gamora needed a moderate update, not just a tune up IMO.

    Ahh well. Gamora remains rank 1.

    The true strike refresh and miss counter sound pretty good to me. Faster buff duration increase (40 instead of 60 seconds), not sig reliant anymore. Certainly much more than Ronin/Nova got.
    Heavy attacking every 9 seconds or losing every single piece of utility and all your damage is a one track ticket to the bench for me.
    She also get increase her buffs duration over time so it's not so 9s/heavy, imo the max duration should be her default
    And gains 20% more duration with g99. Imo, if Guilly's buff is great, g99, gamora and guilly might form a nice trinity. "The deadliest women in the galaxy"
Sign In or Register to comment.