**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gamora Spotlight

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

The objective is to improve them from their current standing. Not to be Top Tier viable, or End-Game friendly. Not all buffs result in a perfect all-round.

And again, you’re missing my point. I’m not saying gamora needs to be top tier viable, or end game friendly. I’m saying she hasn’t had her issues addressed.

Do you think she’s any less stressful to play after the buff than today?
    The purpose of these buffs is to make them somewhat more useful for the people who happen to pull them. She's not stressful to play at all, really. She has a bit more utility than she did. Which is reasonable. Again, the expectation may not be to make them all End-Game viable, but that's the comparison being made, from the perspective of people who are looking at End-Game content, through End-Game goggles.
  • Options
    The change may be minimal, but that's reasonable. They're not all going to be significant changes, as per their objectives. One rework, one small values change. That's the goal.
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Woah, thats a whole lotta supposed damage for some impractical utility
  • Options

The change may be minimal, but that's reasonable. They're not all going to be significant changes, as per their objectives. One rework, one small values change. That's the goal.

Small values doesn’t have to mean insignificant. Angela had a value buff and she’s one of the top cosmic champs in the game with an incredibly unique and fun ability set.
    See. There's the comparison. People are comparing them to other buffs and not how they worked before. I was even surprised she was being buffed. She wasn't the top of my list for needs.
  • Options
    You literally just gave examples of the misconceptions I outlined.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Could you explain how?
  • Options
    TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    If they changed her heavy animations and give it more reach it would fix some of her play style issues, make her sp1 animation her heavy.....
  • Options

Could you explain how?
    Does it really need explanation? I talked about the comparison game and how it's a losing one. I talked about how people are comparing it to their own content and not how useful the Champ was before solely. They're not all going to be significant changes.
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    What I hoped for:
    Gamora’s buffs would fall off one at a time, similar to Howard the Duck

Gamora’s heavy animation would be changed to something more tactical and practical. The spinning jump 3 kick that was standard for all female characters is outdated and annoying.

New synergies with the Guardians of the Galaxy and the black order to add to her buffs and/buff times

The longer the fight, the more frequent the buffs. The more buffs, the more potent the next buffs.

Critical bleed guaranteed on SP2

What will get get?
    Most likely a ronin Nova tune up mash up.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Why do they even try if every Buff is "not good enough"?

Because different people find different buffs bad. Some complain about all or most, some are more realistic and don’t only see bad things about the buffs that truly seem flawed.

I think I’ve only said that Ronin, Hood, Nova and Gamora were bad buffs. I’ve since changed my mind about Ronin.

And to be clear, I am not expecting any champion to become broken. That’s why I am not saying “why hasn’t gamora been given CGR damage, along with permanent buffs on every hit and also 100% AAR and miss, evade counter etc”

Miles’ buff doesn’t look like it’ll catapult him to the top of his class, but there’s a reason I’m not saying his buff is bad, and that’s because it looks like his kit is well designed, usable and fun. Gamora is not, timers like this for champions is not a good mechanic, especially when if you don’t hit your mark you lose all your damage, and all your utility. Forcing a player to heavy between 9-14 seconds is not fun gameplay, it’s stressful and bad design for me.

If a champion is well designed, cool, that’s all good with me. Whatever level they end up being I don’t mind as long as their kit functions and makes sense, while being fun to use. That’s why I actually love the DDHK buff, I awakened him on my mini account as a 6* with my abyss gem. His damage isn’t the best, but he’s a lot of fun. God tier doesn’t matter to me, what does matter, is buffs that don’t just half heartedly change a couple things about an already mediocre champ and expect anything to change with how they’re used.

This buff hasn’t changed any of the core issues with Gamora, it’s just added some utility on top of her flawed mechanic.
    People have complained about every buff besides Colossus from what I've seen.
    Look harder then - as listed above plenty buffs have been great and universally appreciated with no argument including Mr Fantastic, Diablo, Mole man, Falcon. Red & White Magneto.

You're not even trying today!
    If you want to be literal, then no. Not EVERY buff. However, there is too much complaining and discontent when they don't turn out mind-blowing. Some have missed the mark, like the first Diablo and Maw buffs. No doubt. Not nearly as many as people claim suck.
  • Options
    It's usually expectations vs. reality.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Isn't the point of a buff to get more people to use that champion? How is this buff going to achieve that?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

Small values doesn’t have to mean insignificant. Angela had a value buff and she’s one of the top cosmic champs in the game with an incredibly unique and fun ability set.
    See. There's the comparison. People are comparing them to other buffs and not how they worked before. I was even surprised she was being buffed. She wasn't the top of my list for needs.
    They said in the announcement “ We’ve heard it from our players and feel it ourselves, some of the updates are not up to the level that Summoners had hoped. While not every Champion is meant to suddenly skyrocket to the top of the DPS charts or replace every Champion in your Roster, we feel that players are not happy with some of the updates they have received lately.

While we understand that this change will lead to fewer Champion updates per month, we believe that this will allow us to give you better quality updates every month with fewer issues.”

So Kabam know the community weren’t happy with the level of some of the updates, and as a result, they pumped out another update in line with the ones we wouldn’t be happy with.
    You realize these buffs were planned out in advance?

That announcement came out last week when they were working on her a couple months back, so they were already too far along to make the drastic changes you'd prefer.

Realistically, you'll probably be seeing that extra elbow grease they're promising to apply, kick in around November - December..
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Definitely a very disappointing buff.

The best thing about Gamora continues to be her synergy with CAIW, giving the 25% buff duration increase to all cosmics, making the heavy hitters like CGR and Hercules even more fun to play (I'm looking at you Hercules with an 11.25 second immortality!!).

I don't know, I guess for me, the biggest frustration is that this is the second time around missing the mark for Gamora.

I think most people, certainly myself, liked a lot of the aspects of her first buff, but the vast majority of complaints were how difficult it was to keep her buffs up.

Now they take another swing at her, immediately after saying they were slowing from three to two champs per month, in an effort to avoid undesirable buffs, and promptly delivered an undesirable buff.

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,673 Guardian
    I like how everyone complains her true strike is locked behind sp3 when it is currently locked behind sp3 right now 🤣 the buff just adds shock damage to that sp3
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I like how everyone complains her true strike is locked behind sp3 when it is currently locked behind sp3 right now 🤣 the buff just adds shock damage to that sp3

What? What does the true strike being locked behind sp3 now have to do with us pointing out how impractical it is?
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Definitely a very disappointing buff.

I think most people, certainly myself, liked a lot of the aspects of her first buff, but the vast majority of complaints were how difficult it was to keep her buffs up.

Exactly ! While she can deal some high damage, she is too RNG dependent to get the buffs and the way to keep them alive too strict.

Having to get and maintain 10 buffs to deal with miss effect... CGR can do it with 5 hits ! Hercules can do it with its SP1, Silver surfer with its SP1 too, and that is only for cosmic champions. They don't have to do something special to maintain, only hit and do their specials which means they can more easily counter stun immune champion relying on miss effect.

the same goes with True strike, she have to go up to her SP3 before activating it. there other champions able to do that more easily/rapidly and with the same utility/damage than Gamora => Proxima for example

if you want to make her buff dependent for her damage and her ability, make her activate True Strike when reaching 3 Fury buff and vigilance when reaching 3 cruelty buff. You could add something like if she does her SP3 she gain a permanent aptitude buff enhancing her buff by +20%