**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Dev Diary: Introducing a new Team Select and Map Preview Screen Flow

1235»

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zero I have 2 requests that I don't know the difficulty of implementing. The first is can you please find a way to stop the gold quest for sigil subscribers from showing up for people who aren't actively subscribed. There is so much clutter in the fight screen with all the different quests already that I don't need another pane there that I can't even use. Multiple posts have been made about this for a bit now but no moderator to my knowledge has bothered to respond to or acknowledge them.

Second, is there any way to modify the healing screen to show the actual health numbers of the selected champion instead of the bar representation. Currently I can only see my injured champion's current health in number form if I am on a node with an enemy to fight. It would be helpful if you are on an empty node to be able to see your detailed health because sometimes you have no energy to move but might have potions expiring before you can get to an enemy and it would be nice to make a more educated decision on who you want to heal.
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Thanks mate!
    Since you are working with this and you definitely know what you are doing, let me drop a suggestion.
    It would be great to have the possibility to "save" preferred teams and recall them with a single click (also avoiding mistakes). I think most endgame players could use a "farm team" "war attack 1/2/3", "AQ team 1/2/3"

my 0.02$

Crine60 said:

@Kabam Zero I have 2 requests that I don't know the difficulty of implementing. The first is can you please find a way to stop the gold quest for sigil subscribers from showing up for people who aren't actively subscribed. There is so much clutter in the fight screen with all the different quests already that I don't need another pane there that I can't even use. Multiple posts have been made about this for a bit now but no moderator to my knowledge has bothered to respond to or acknowledge them.

I poked one of my colleagues about this and we think we found the issue. Sorry if we missed the other posts about the issue.
    Thank you for looking into this. Your responsiveness is greatly appreciated!
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,280 ★★★★
    So what's up with inventory these days? Recently my normally rather neatly packed inventory has had weird things showing up in places they oughtn't. Awakening gems in the arena boosts, mostly...but today my Small Energy Refills showed up in my sig stones, too. Any idea what's up there?
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    @KabamZero
    Please add an option to skip sp3 animation
    It unnecessarily consume more time in fights and sometimes eats up the boosts time.

Thanks
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zero I missed this post somehow and only discovered the preview option when it went live. It's fantastic. Thank you much.
  • See a combined idea that would be a great tie-in with the new Preview Mode that was added..

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281018/when-restarting-a-quest-we-should-be-given-an-option-to-swap-champions#latest

@Kabam Zero Have the game go into your new Preview Mode when you do a Restart (or even Replay), so when restarting you have the change to swap out champs if you encountered difficulties originally, or for changing them between your different path runs on the same quest.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    After playing the event quest this month I wondered if it wouldn't make more sense to just start on the preview page since we are going to have to look at the map anyways? At least for cavalier and uncollected where you are selecting your roster based on the lanes and nodes.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Why don’t you integrate that button in every story quests acts too ?

The preview is only available in the EQ of this month apparently

Can that change for 32.3 (not automatically reverting to Book-2 while just doing earlier Acts in Book-1), can that be applied to not automatically reverting to uppermost Difficulty in Monthly EQ as well ?

If doing lesser Difficulties, unless you directly press Repeat or Play Next, if just going back to the Selection screens instead (maybe because want to change up roster, for different objectives, but still on Beginner or Normal) it always goes back to topmost Difficulty upon finishing a quest.

You're ruining the surprise but I believe this should also be fixed. I know for sure it will be in story and I'm like 90% sure it will carry over to event quests.
    @Kabam Zero This was not fixed by the change that was made. Can you please look further into getting this fixed for EQ?
  • Crine60 said:

Can that change for 32.3 (not automatically reverting to Book-2 while just doing earlier Acts in Book-1), can that be applied to not automatically reverting to uppermost Difficulty in Monthly EQ as well ?

If doing lesser Difficulties, unless you directly press Repeat or Play Next, if just going back to the Selection screens instead (maybe because want to change up roster, for different objectives, but still on Beginner or Normal) it always goes back to topmost Difficulty upon finishing a quest.

You're ruining the surprise but I believe this should also be fixed. I know for sure it will be in story and I'm like 90% sure it will carry over to event quests.
    @Kabam Zero This was not fixed by the change that was made. Can you please look further into getting this fixed for EQ?
    Can you expand on where you are not seeing this work? I've tested on my personal account and seems to work for the quitting and the back to quests flow when completing the quest.
    edited October 2021
    I am at the beginning of a quest with no energy now so I can't test currently but if I recall correctly earlier today when I completed a first run of a UC level and quit after instead of picking next quest so I could go back in to the same quest it took me back to Cav instead of UC. Also I believe if I run a UC quest and finish it but quit the game and come back to open the EQ later it didn't keep me at UC but put me back to Cav. Once I can complete the current quest I can try to test it again and provide more definitive information if no one else has seen what I recall or you can't see it in those scenarios.

Crine60 said:

Can you expand on where you are not seeing this work? I've tested on my personal account and seems to work for the quitting and the back to quests flow when completing the quest.
    Sorry if this winds up a double post but my first attempt disappeared into waiting for approval for no reason.

@Kabam Zero I finished my run of UC EQ 2.1 and quit back to EQ fight screen after beating the boss. It took me back to UC Chapter 2 but once I quit the game and reopened it the EQ was back to displaying the Cav difficulty instead of the the UC which was the last one I ran.
  • Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

Sorry if this winds up a double post but my first attempt disappeared into waiting for approval for no reason.

@Kabam Zero I finished my run of UC EQ 2.1 and quit back to EQ fight screen after beating the boss. It took me back to UC Chapter 2 but once I quit the game and reopened it the EQ was back to displaying the Cav difficulty instead of the the UC which was the last one I ran.
    So that worked as I thought it would. The change was really only to handle the quit/after quest flow. Just like how going into the story on a fresh boot goes to your highest unlocked quest, the same logic applies to event quests.
    I misunderstood the initial request and response then I guess. I was hoping it would always stick to whatever the latest difficulty you had run. Oh well, thanks for the response.